Being a Guard

Guest ffabris

Aha!  And (without knowing how that mod works) that kinda makes sense, since it does mess with guards.  Nicely spotted!

Really enjoying the story line in this mod. Thank you.

I've completed "Before the Storm," been declared Dragon born and been told to head off to High Hrothgar. This is the point where I stopped off to see the Commander and start my Guard "training," Things have been going smoothly until the beginning of Part 4. I finish 3 and I'm told to hear to Riverwood and talk to Orgnar, however the Quest never officially starts. I went to talk to Orgnar and he only had the standard questions. Nothing indicated that a new quest had begun.

[...] Things have been going smoothly until the beginning of Part 4. I finish 3 and I'm told to hear to Riverwood and talk to Orgnar, however the Quest never officially starts. I went to talk to Orgnar and he only had the standard questions. Nothing indicated that a new quest had begun.

You need to speak to the guard in Riverwood first.

Check in your quest list - the quest is probably not marked as active. When you make it active it it will show quest marker at the guard.

Thank you for your response.

The thing is there was no NEW quest. Part 3 ended and no new one began. I think I found the culprit though.

[sKYRIM] More Male Spawn by GECK.O appears to be conflicting with it. I ran a test and removed the mod as I was having trouble with the Companion Questline abruptly ending after Trouble in Skyrim. Once it was removed the Quest line continued as normal. I'm going to try that with Join the Guards and I'll report what happens.

Guest ffabris

Nope that did not fix the problem.

Again I finish Part 3. Ulrorn tells me to go talk to Orgnar. But no new quest officially starts. I tried to talk to a guard in Riverwood, no dialogue option comes up. I also spoke to Orgnar, again no dialogue option.

Also I used a clean save.

Part4 requires:

• one male guard at Riverwood (belonging to IsGuardFaction, not injured, not dead)
  • Orgnar
  • Delphine (I get her out of the way, but she needs to be alive in the game)
  • Ulrorn
  • WR captain of the guards (Caius or Sinmir)

Anything messing with guard factions, as PrisonOverhaul mentioned above seems to do, will prevent the quest from starting. Part4 also spawns the courier, though if he's missing, the quest should start anyway, since that bit is triggered as a separate quest (G__FakeCourierQuest).

Hope that helps. :)

Thanx, I meet all those conditions. BUT I went immediately to Bleak falls barrow INSTEAD of talking to Balgruff first. So I skipped the part with Delphine talking to Farengar. But I don't think that would matter since she's still alive in game.

I'm also running Guard Dialogue Overhaul, and open faced helmets, but I don't think that would do it.

What about SLEN? When I talk to the guards in Riverwood, that's the only dialogue option I have..... HMMMMMMM :s

Investigation commencing.

Guest ffabris

Ok, so once again, finished part 3. No start to Part 4.

Went to Riverwood, talked to ALL Guards no dialogue option except SLEN.

HOWEVER I was able to Manually trigger part 4 using setstage! Now if I could get this to happen automatically. I'll b all set.

When Part4 starts, you get a quest marker on the guard to talk to. It isn't starting by itself. Therefore, some other mod is conflicting, and not allowing the aliases to be filled.

But, hum, if SetStage works, something else is going on. When you finish Part3, open console and find out whether part4 actually started but isn't advancing:

player.sqs g__part4

shows what stages, if any, have started automatically.

OK so at the end of Part 3,

player.sqs G__Part3 lists all quest stages from 0 - 100 with a 1 after each, EXCEPT for 41 which has a 0.

player.sqs G__Part4 lists all quest stages from 0 - 200 with a 0 after each.

BTW, I cant manually start Part 4 in Whiterun. Nothing happens. But when I get to Riverwood the setstage command works.

Guest ffabris

OK so at the end of Part 3,

player.sqs G__Part3 lists all quest stages from 0 - 100 with a 1 after each, EXCEPT for 41 which has a 0.

That's normal and correct. 

player.sqs G__Part4 lists all quest stages from 0 - 200 with a 0 after each.

BTW, I cant manually start Part 4 in Whiterun. Nothing happens. But when I get to Riverwood the setstage command works.

That isn't normal. That means something is preventing aliases from filling until you reach Riverwood - which isn't right.

Anyway, if you can manually start with

setstage g__part4 0

and continue from there, then fine, I guess. I have no idea why it isn't functioning normally, however. All I can think of is a mod conflict of some kind.

Guest ffabris

Yes, it's looking like a mod conflict of some kind. Something in the load order I'm assuming. I'll keep investigating.

BTW, In Part 4 when the guard says "blow me and watch the teeth" No animation starts.  (I don't know if that helps solve the mystery) Part 5 started normally.

If that anim doesn't work, you lack an aggressive oral sex animation. The quest should proceed normally without the sex happening.

Ok, so I ran a "bare bones" profile for Being a Guard and still Part 4 would not start automatically.

Here is a list of the mods I ran:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SOS - Leito Addon.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
M2M_Animations.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
FNIS.esp
Being A Guard.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Guest ffabris

Dang, I'm getting a crash whenever I finish the first conversation with the captain (Sinmir in my case) and we start to have sex.  I have M2M installed and so forth, other sex animations seem to be working fine.

Included 2 logs of the CTD happening:

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.logattachicon.gifPapyrus.1.log

Sorry but logs rarely help with crashes, since the log is truncated before the crash happens. Anyway, I doubt it is this mod crashing you. Try enabling the crash fix option in SexLab (I don't remember the exact name for it; don't have the game running ATM).

Ok, so I ran a "bare bones" profile for Being a Guard and still Part 4 would not start automatically.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOS - Leito Addon.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

M2M_Animations.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

FNIS.esp

Being A Guard.esp

SkyUI.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Sorry I have no clue whatsoever. :-|

Hi ffabris,i love all  of your mods for skyrim~~great job~~i have a problem about quest 7,

when i was finished quest 6,i can not start the quest7, when i used setstage g__part7 0,this quest still can not start ,help please

I answered this in the PM you sent me. 

Same here. :P

HA - your issue is part4, not part7. Good try though. ;)

Guest ffabris

What the answer was? :P

I have the same problem. Solve it only by changing "guard" alias to "riverwoodlocation" in CK.

Part7 happens in Rorikstead - so you relocated it to Riverwood?

Anyway, I said that the issue had been talked about in the thread already, and was down to a mod conflict.

Dang, I'm getting a crash whenever I finish the first conversation with the captain (Sinmir in my case) and we start to have sex.  I have M2M installed and so forth, other sex animations seem to be working fine.

Included 2 logs of the CTD happening:

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.logattachicon.gifPapyrus.1.log

Sorry but logs rarely help with crashes, since the log is truncated before the crash happens. Anyway, I doubt it is this mod crashing you. Try enabling the crash fix option in SexLab (I don't remember the exact name for it; don't have the game running ATM).

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOS - Leito Addon.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

M2M_Animations.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

FNIS.esp

Being A Guard.esp

SkyUI.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Sorry I have no clue whatsoever. :-|

Hi ffabris,i love all  of your mods for skyrim~~great job~~i have a problem about quest 7,

when i was finished quest 6,i can not start the quest7, when i used setstage g__part7 0,this quest still can not start ,help please

Same here. :P

HA - your issue is part4, not part7. Good try though. ;)

thanks dude~~I have already finished the whole task.very sweet stroy~~~~