Hi MixedUpJim,

If I may ask, how much papyrus load is exerted by this mod at present, even when the event triggers and player comments are turned off? This mod is brilliant, love the dialogues you've added, but am also concerned about managing my game's papyrus load. I could toggle these events and player comments off, but I believe that many scripts exert some level of papyrus load even when they are toggled off in the mcm? EDIT: particularly worried abt player comments during sexlab animations, since thats in combination with the ongoing sexlab script activity and my game is most at risk of crashing crashworthy during or immediately before/after the animations.

Could just go with the non-DD version, but I also love the DD comments, heh.

EDIT: I'm presuming the shared dialogues in the non-DD version all share the same quest IDs with their counterparts in the DD version? And forgot to mention, thank you for your work on this. The sheer amount of dialogue I saw when going through the esp in TESedit was staggering.

Hmm I'd swear I made this post before..oh well here goes again. 2.0 non DD non SE.

-Hope the boys find some suitable women to arrest, they love watching me dominate the female prisoners (Tova Shatter Shield - female non guard)
-I'd really enjoy locking you up! (Tova Shatter-Shield - female non guard)

This mod really adds something special to my playthroughs.  In a world where random bandits set up traps in dungeons and just about everyone is a rapist this dialogue mod really adds to my immersion with random npcs talking as sexist as they act.  I have noticed some problems, however.  Even though the modified settings appear to be saved in the mcm menu on loading a save, it doesn't appear that the modified settings are loaded into the game.  For example, early on in my playthrough I disabled the sexist dialogue after knocking items over option because I knock over things I'm not touching all the freaking time and I was running through a creature infested cave one time when a npc saw me knock over some bones on the floor so he felt i needed to be punished... for knocking around rubble... anyway, when loading a game, despite this option being disabled in the mcm, I still get attacked for knocking things over.  Also, the modifications to dialogue frequency don't seem to be saved as well.  Something else strange is that those options seemed to default to a few seconds on a new game rather than the 600 and 1200 seconds the game claims as default.  

In addition, there seems to be some minor stability issues when used with certain mods.  I use mods that add new creature spawns, new npc spawns, and adds huge battles randomly to the world (through civil war overhaul I think).  It doesn't always happen, but when participating in the large battles the game now crashes sometimes and there is a constant stream of dialogue as all the waring participants try to out sexist each other.  When wandering around in the wilderness, I noticed that the game crashes sometimes when this mod tries to find dialogue for a non speaking creature.  But these problems are probably due to light conflicts with my moded game but just thought you should know. 

I'll checkout the Knock Over dialogue...I wonder if I put some into the follower dialogue and it is this that you are getting. You will always get punished for knocking things over...even if it is bones as you are making noise which could alert enemies nearby :)

I'll also check the MCM I think I know what the problem is there.

I'm using the 2.01 DD version, and I've got a problem with the player comments. 4th wall seems to work fine, but the standard ones will only show up if I've got "General Subtitles" on in the game settings, and they disappear after about a second. Even when I'm standing still.

Everything else seems to work as intended, though.

Do you have fuz installed? Not seeing dialogue at all is usually an issue with that mod.

Hi MixedUpJim,

If I may ask, how much papyrus load is exerted by this mod at present, even when the event triggers and player comments are turned off? This mod is brilliant, love the dialogues you've added, but am also concerned about managing my game's papyrus load. I could toggle these events and player comments off, but I believe that many scripts exert some level of papyrus load even when they are toggled off in the mcm? EDIT: particularly worried abt player comments during sexlab animations, since thats in combination with the ongoing sexlab script activity and my game is most at risk of crashing crashworthy during or immediately before/after the animations.

Could just go with the non-DD version, but I also love the DD comments, heh.

EDIT: I'm presuming the shared dialogues in the non-DD version all share the same quest IDs with their counterparts in the DD version? And forgot to mention, thank you for your work on this. The sheer amount of dialogue I saw when going through the esp in TESedit was staggering.

The papyrus load is minimal as everything is running through quests and scenes. The additional dialogue is simply quest dialogue and is added in the same way that all dialogue is with various conditions set so that it triggers in the correct place. 

There are no persistent scripts such as spells or cloaks. Even the events are triggered through dialogue. The exception to this is the sex comments which looks for SexLab  events before triggering a scene. This is as light weight as it can get, but obviously there is some extra papyrus stuff going on.

Hmm I'd swear I made this post before..oh well here goes again. 2.0 non DD non SE.

-Hope the boys find some suitable women to arrest, they love watching me dominate the female prisoners (Tova Shatter Shield - female non guard)

-I'd really enjoy locking you up! (Tova Shatter-Shield - female non guard)

Thanks for the feedback, I don't know why that happens. It shouldn't as they are not in the guard dialogue faction, however it is possible that some other mod has changed that as people are reporting different characters saying the wrong lines.

The papyrus load is minimal as everything is running through quests and scenes. The additional dialogue is simply quest dialogue and is added in the same way that all dialogue is with various conditions set so that it triggers in the correct place. 

There are no persistent scripts such as spells or cloaks. Even the events are triggered through dialogue. The exception to this is the sex comments which looks for SexLab  events before triggering a scene. This is as light weight as it can get, but obviously there is some extra papyrus stuff going on.

Thanks for clarifying that MixedUpJim. Appreciate it!

No worries, one of the reasons I enjoyed doing this mod so much was that there was little in the way of actual scripting to be done...kinda allowed me to go crazy with the amount of dialogue. :)

I really waiting for fuz to be ported over to the new 64bit skyrim (which requires an equivilent to SKSE). The 64bit version seems absolutely rock solid, although that could be just down to the limited number of mods that actually work on it currently.

I'm using the 2.01 DD version, and I've got a problem with the player comments. 4th wall seems to work fine, but the standard ones will only show up if I've got "General Subtitles" on in the game settings, and they disappear after about a second. Even when I'm standing still.

Everything else seems to work as intended, though.

Do you have fuz installed? Not seeing dialogue at all is usually an issue with that mod.

Sure do. Been using this mod since its early development, and like I said, everything else seems to work fine. 4th wall comments work great, my character is a chatty Kathy. But non-4th wall player comments don't work.

EDIT: Victim dialog doesn't seem to work either.

It's strange then because out of the mods I have that have anything to do with dialogue, all of them are all interaction dialogue, where a window pops up. There's not many if any lines that are like yours that occur after you leave the dialogue window.

No worries, one of the reasons I enjoyed doing this mod so much was that there was little in the way of actual scripting to be done...kinda allowed me to go crazy with the amount of dialogue. :)

I really waiting for fuz to be ported over to the new 64bit skyrim (which requires an equivilent to SKSE). The 64bit version seems absolutely rock solid, although that could be just down to the limited number of mods that actually work on it currently.

I'm sure it was fun writing all that dialogue. Like I said, there's some great lines. The NPCs' words now match their actions etc. I gave the latest DD version a test drive, and I found I liked the player comment system more than I thought I would.

I'm still pondering whether to add the vanilla or DD version to my game, and I still have one more niggling concern. I have previously mentioned a concern abt the guard strip search, as it seems to strip DD items including special pieces like cursed loot collars, + it doesn't seem we can deactivate it via MCM - all we can do is cause it to immediately trigger. Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything - can the guard strip search actually be triggered by actual guard comments, or is it only triggered via the mcm? My previous playthrough had the DD version installed, and I never had it spontaneously trigger, so I'm not fully sure.

The comments made by the various NPCs should be divided by how those NPCs feel about you. Someone who's intimidated by you would stay quiet and not say a word to you because they don't want you to notice them. Other than that, lovers and friends would say helpful things or in a joking manner while people who don't like you or hate you will provide much more biting comments.

But only consider this if you're looking for a direction to go with this mod, it works fine as is.

Hi Jim,

I have been translating comments which are in your mod into my language for a week. (so many of them  :o)

But there is a comment I don't quite understand because I'm not a native Eng-speaker.

"Thought they'd kill that poor girl they way they were going at it. Lucky someone stepped in otherwise I wouldn't of got my turn."

Could you rephrase it?

Thank you in advance.

One more thing I missed

Can the vanilla version of this mod trigger rape by showing up comments?

Sure do. Been using this mod since its early development, and like I said, everything else seems to work fine. 4th wall comments work great, my character is a chatty Kathy. But non-4th wall player comments don't work.

These stanadard comments are driving me crazy :) Will take another look....I'm pretty sure they are working on my game but will double double check! :)

It's strange then because out of the mods I have that have anything to do with dialogue, all of them are all interaction dialogue, where a window pops up. There's not many if any lines that are like yours that occur after you leave the dialogue window.

It's because those types of dialogue are easier to do. The way Skyrim was built means your character was never expected to talk without some kind of interaction. I have to fudge it a little bit and use an xMarker to do the talking. The xMarker pulls your character's name through so it looks like your character is talking, but if you check them out will they should be talking then you'll see there is no lip sync.

I'm sure it was fun writing all that dialogue. Like I said, there's some great lines. The NPCs' words now match their actions etc. I gave the latest DD version a test drive, and I found I liked the player comment system more than I thought I would.

I'm still pondering whether to add the vanilla or DD version to my game, and I still have one more niggling concern. I have previously mentioned a concern abt the guard strip search, as it seems to strip DD items including special pieces like cursed loot collars, + it doesn't seem we can deactivate it via MCM - all we can do is cause it to immediately trigger. Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything - can the guard strip search actually be triggered by actual guard comments, or is it only triggered via the mcm? My previous playthrough had the DD version installed, and I never had it spontaneously trigger, so I'm not fully sure.

There is a possibility that the guard quest might strip the wrong thing. I shall be changing it to the built in SexLab strip which will only remove items as defined in the SexLabs setup so shouldn't remove anything that shouldn't be removed :)

I have my min/max set to 60/120, and my PC spouts a line every 10 seconds (roughly). It also flashes on the screen for like 1 second. NPC comments work fine.

Also min/max defaults were 1/3 for some reason?

The initial 1/3 settings were because the initial timers ran on game time hours, I changed it to real time seconds but the values were probably stored from an earlier version.

It does sound like the timers haven't updated. Reset the timers to you desired frequency then turn off player dialogue, then turn it back on. This should force the quests to stop and then restart and load the new values.

The comments made by the various NPCs should be divided by how those NPCs feel about you. Someone who's intimidated by you would stay quiet and not say a word to you because they don't want you to notice them. Other than that, lovers and friends would say helpful things or in a joking manner while people who don't like you or hate you will provide much more biting comments.

But only consider this if you're looking for a direction to go with this mod, it works fine as is.

I'd love to do something as in depth as that...we'll see :)

I know I said it before.. but it needs saying again.. This mod.. is hilar!!!

I have laughed, and still am at the random quips from myself, followers and others..

Sometime.. a need for more dialogue will be upon us. :-)

More? You want more dialogue? :P  Glad you are enjoying it, even though I wrote a lot of the lines it's still nice to see them come up in the game, I can't wait to start another full play through once I've finished my modding spree! 

Hi Jim,

I have been translating comments which are in your mod into my language for a week. (so many of them  :o)

But there is a comment I don't quite understand because I'm not a native Eng-speaker.

"Thought they'd kill that poor girl they way they were going at it. Lucky someone stepped in otherwise I wouldn't of got my turn."

Could you rephrase it?

Thank you in advance.

One more thing I missed

Can the vanilla version of this mod trigger rape by showing up comments?

No problem :)

"Thought they were gonna kill that poor girl, lucky they eased off otherwise I wouldn't have got a chance to enjoy her."

Is that any better?

The vanilla version cannot trigger any rape scenes as it lacks SexLab integration.

There is a possibility that the guard quest might strip the wrong thing. I shall be changing it to the built in SexLab strip which will only remove items as defined in the SexLabs setup so shouldn't remove anything that shouldn't be removed :)

Hi MixedUpJim,

I think that would probably work much better, thanks for all the ongoing effort. And if I may revisit my other question - does the unhelpful npc toggle disable the guard strip search? I'm still unsure of that, and its the main reason I'm still pondering whether to install the DD or non-DD version.

I run a fair number of sexlab mods in combination, and I make them get along by using their various mcm toggles to activate and deactivate clashing features. As my mood changes, I can swap around which sexlab triggers are in operation. If I can't get toggle the strip search off, it can mess with DCUR's sex attack scenes, or defeat's multi-round sexathons if I fight and lose to npcs who have the guard dialogue. (And my poor pc loses a lot!)

Please don't mistake my asking this again as any sort of criticism - just working out which version would fit my playthrough better. And uh, I've restarted so many times due to new mod versions or my own screwups with load order, I'm now perhaps overly-careful sometimes. I'm hoping to get this mod into my load order sooner rather than later. My test playthrough with it told me it was all sorts of awesome. So again, thank you.

PS: also, I noticed there's some weird interactions with player comments and unhelpful events. Unhelpful events (e.g. inns, bumped objects) didn't seem to activate if I had player comments off. I turned player comments on and the unhelpful event comments began playing quite reliably on the (in-game) hour. Then I played with the toggles some more and the unhelpful events stopped entirely and wouldnt restart. Heh.

These stanadard comments are driving me crazy :) Will take another look....I'm pretty sure they are working on my game but will double double check! :)

Further clarification, in case it helps or not:

For a minute there, everything was working perfectly. The standard comments were staying on screen for an appropriate length of time, and the victim comments were working fine. I was taking an extended stay at an inn-like environment (the Wolfclub, to be specific), and eventually all the comments 'caught' and everything was working like they should. Then I had an unrelated game crash and had to reload.

Since then, back to square one. The standard comments only flicker on for a second before disappearing, and I don't get victim comments. My working hypothesis is that maybe when spending time in a place where comments will be firing off with relative frequency, everything eventually clicks into place and starts working as intended. Haven't had time to test that hypothesis though.

For a minute there, everything was working perfectly. The standard comments were staying on screen for an appropriate length of time, and the victim comments were working fine. I was taking an extended stay at an inn-like environment (the Wolfclub, to be specific), and eventually all the comments 'caught' and everything was working like they should. Then I had an unrelated game crash and had to reload.

Since then, back to square one. The standard comments only flicker on for a second before disappearing, and I don't get victim comments. My working hypothesis is that maybe when spending time in a place where comments will be firing off with relative frequency, everything eventually clicks into place and starts working as intended. Haven't had time to test that hypothesis though.

Fuz Ro Doh mod must be in place or dialog flashes by if there is no accompanying voice file.

Your description sounds like you had FuzRoDoh previously but have removed or broken it somehow.

Fuz Ro Doh mod must be in place or dialog flashes by if there is no accompanying voice file.

Your description sounds like you had FuzRoDoh previously but have removed or broken it somehow.

Appreciate the advice, but I've got Fuz Ro D'oh installed and it's working fine.

Appreciate the advice, but I've got Fuz Ro D'oh installed and it's working fine.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the xMarkers fighting each other. Got a few things to try including forcing subtitles :)

Installed this yesterday and just wanted to say that I LOVE it!! The comments are spot on, and I especially love the punishment for knocking stuff over :) Great work  :heart:

Glad your enjoying it. Always nice to get positive feedback :)

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the xMarkers fighting each other. Got a few things to try including forcing subtitles :)

Further update:

I don't know if my hypothesis holds water just yet, but when I loaded it up today I had the same issue: comments would just flash on the screen for a second, then vanish. This was when I was out wandering the roads. A little bit of play time and a couple fast travels later (making my way towards an inn), a comment popped up on screen that stayed there the appropriate length of time. I went into the inn, and all the comments my PC made were working like they should. Didn't test victim comments. When I exited and loaded back up again, they were back to only being on screen for a second, then disappearing.

So it seems that, for whatever reason (on my game, at least), it takes some time before the comments start working properly. I'll keep playing to see if this is a repeatable phenomenon.

Also, I'd like to reiterate, standard player comments and victim comments are the only things that are finicky for me. Everything else (guard dialog, NPC dialog, follower dialog, 4th wall player comments, even all the events) runs flawlessly. I've been happily running this mod since you first introduced it, and it's one of my favorite Skyrim mods. It adds a lot to the game and I appreciate all the time you've put into it.

I noticed that when outdoors mostly, and in specific areas, even if you wait the duration for min/max player comment, it won't produce any comments. Compare this to when one goes to an inn or something and it always triggers. Is that how it is and simply a lack of lines so far or is that a bug? Still have no idea why the females get male lines, I understand what you were saying about other dialogue mods taking the easy way out but I don't think that explains why it might break this mod which seems to have absolutely no relevance to any mods I have. On the side note taking off both subtitles definitely seems to help reduce the amount of errors like when a line would disappear real fast, but that maybe because I'm playing a heavy armor character and don't sprint all the time now.

It's still a wonderful mod, and about the only thing I'd suggest is the whole having more tick box options to choose preference/fetishes etc for lines. Just having that would eliminate the bug issues some of us encounter unless we want to keep those lines in.

I found something about the bug that is related women saying guard's comments.

There is a few female npcs who spit guard's comments out such as Hulda in the Bannered Mare, Danica Pure-Spring in the Temple of Kynareth and other female npcs.

The fact is that they are sharing the same voice type, which is used as female nord guard's voice.

I think they are classified as the same category of female by this mod or this game....I don't know exactly.

Hmm, it actually seems like just being outside is what's messing the player comments up. They all work basically flawlessly in an inn; haven't tried a dungeon. But being outside just on the wander, they just disappear after a second.

Dungeons kinda vary, Bleak Falls Barrows to me had lots of comments, had like 4 of them before I even kill the first two bandits even with 60 sec min 120 sec max. On the other hand, caves with bears or the ebony mine that leads to a wall and dragon had no comments what so ever.

Just updated to DD 2.01, I'm having most of the problems that others are having:

• NPCs like Hulda using guard comments and triggering guard quest.
  • The victim dialogues are not working, only the rapist's orgasm and end dialogues are showing for me.
  • Standard player comments seem to work a lot better in this version for me, working indoors and sometimes even outdoors without disappearing.