No worries.

To answer your question about exporting facegen, type in "PB_EncThalmor"  as a filter on the actors   That'll get you all the Thalmor, then just Ctrl_F4 and wait for it to process it.  Similarly you can get any of the others the same way, "PB_Enc" and add in bandit or witch or warlock or what have you.  Stormcloaks are the oddballs, they're "PB_EncSoldierSons".

32 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

No worries.

To answer your question about exporting facegen, type in "PB_EncThalmor"  as a filter on the actors   That'll get you all the Thalmor, then just Ctrl_F4 and wait for it to process it.  Similarly you can get any of the others the same way, "PB_Enc" and add in bandit or witch or warlock or what have you.  Stormcloaks are the oddballs, they're "PB_EncSoldierSons".

Yeah, the game likes to refer to them as "Sons of Skyrim" in the background and as "Stormcloaks" in the foreground.

First of all, thanks a lot for making this!

I noticed an issue with version 9.1 (not sure whether it also affects earlier versions):  With it installed the Nord one handed attack no longer works; nords do not attack when wielding a one handed weapon.

I narrowed it down to this mod and opened the eps in Tes5edit and indeed it has a copy of the Nord race from skyrim.esm, thus overriding the updates in update.esm.

Deleting that record fixed the problem.

(There are also copies of the other races, which do not seem to be needed; I would suggest also cleaning with the TES5Edit cleaning tool)

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is from this mod.

I went to Broken Tower Redoubt because the Jarl wanted me to clean out a Forsworn Camp. Since I was going there anyway I went by the Temple of Dibella to get their quest since it take me there anyway. Well, when I got to the final confrontation I was amazed to face off with a female Forsworn Shaman rather than the traditional male (of course) Briarheart. She did have a briarheart in her inventory. This may be the way you want this to work but I thought that I'd point it out.

By the way, the Forsworn look a lot better now.

Thanks a lot for this mod; it's got a permanent place in my load order - even with Apache as a hard req - and I look forward to the new version.  I've got it combined with JH's Bandits, Forsworn and Thalmor with a handmade patch to add variety.  If I make a standalone body replacer patch using scripts I'll post it here (have to figure out how to update all the NPC records without doing it by hand, so it can be updated every time there is a new version without much hassle).

In regards to the screenshots, I hesitated to install the mod due to the bad shot on the download page.  Instead, I ran through the thread and found one of your example shots and was impressed.  If you find taking screenshots tedious I would be willing to chip in and do a list of screenshots that you provided, if you wanted, to show my thanks.  I'm not a screen archer or anything but I plan on exploring the higher end ENBs at some point anyway.  Otherwise, I'll just thank you again for your hard work.

Do the NPCs at the higher levels have faces different to the lower level ones?  I'm playing a new save on my new machine but it'll take me a while to get that high.

Glad you're enjoying it.

To answer a couple of questions:

Q: Are the appearances at different levels look different? 

A:  Yes, each type of NPC (bandit archer, necromancer, witch, etc.) are organized into level groups, there are usually between 5-6 level groups (witches only have 2, for now, but warlocks and Forsworn actually have 7 level groups) with between 2-5 NPCs of that type in each group.  I went back and individually tweaked the face of each one and then gave them a new hair model.  In the rebuild I may add some additional NPCs to some of the groups that only have a couple per group, and of course converting to KS hair will offer more variety in hair models.  In all there are currently about 1,200 different NPCs in PB with more still being added.

Q:  Can you change the body type to use custom body types?

A:  Yes, but you have to individually assign that the same you would for any custom follower.  In other words make a custom "skin armor" with the naked body, hands and feet.  Then apply that to those NPCs you wish in the Actor record on the Traits tab next to where it says Skin (just underneath the Race).  There's no easy way to apply it to all of them unless someone could come up with a macro of some sort in TES Edit, I have no idea if that's possible, never tried it.

TIP:  If you want to find all the PB NPCs in CK, filter for PB_ as a prefix and that will get you all of just the modified NPCs.

New screen shots is on the to do list, I agree, the current ones not only don't do the mod justice but they're also out of date, some of those NPCs don't look like that anymore.  I plan to do new screen shots when I finish converting to KS hair, better hair and better screen shots to go with it.   Once I get that done, if others want to submit screen shots, that would be welcome.

I just tried 9.1 and MO was expecting ApachiiHairMale.esm for a master? ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_6_Full doesn't have that master, but the standalone male hair version does.

I did throw in the stand alone version to take a peek at a few Forsworn and they look great as usual. Just a bit nervous about adding an esm into an existing game.

Spoiler

forsworn.jpg.f0374b218813f286dab9d52b1c1d4092.jpg

The male hairs got used by the updated male Vigilants (there's more variety among them as well as the gals now).  If you don't mind seeing grey faces on the guys, you might get by without it but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Glad you like the Forsworn gals, I had some fun experimenting with variations on the face paint, all of it are default Skyrim facial tatoos but what I did was change the color, the transparency and in many cases took several non-Forsworn tattoos and combined them to create something new that I thought was a more attractive face paint, or at least added variety.  In a future version I want to redo them and do something radically different that I think will be even better, but one bridge at a time.

I've still got some work to do, I'm tinkering with some new systems and ways of doing things that *if* they work will give us a LOT more variety in NPCs without a big increase in file size, but that's still very much in the developmental stage.  Hoping to make it part of the 1.0 release as well as fully converting to KS hair.

As for adding Appachii to your current game, shouldn't be an issue.  There's no scripting involved so impact to both installing it and later removing it should be minimal.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:30 PM, MTB said:

First of all, thanks a lot for making this!

I noticed an issue with version 9.1 (not sure whether it also affects earlier versions):  With it installed the Nord one handed attack no longer works; nords do not attack when wielding a one handed weapon.

I narrowed it down to this mod and opened the eps in Tes5edit and indeed it has a copy of the Nord race from skyrim.esm, thus overriding the updates in update.esm.

Deleting that record fixed the problem.

(There are also copies of the other races, which do not seem to be needed; I would suggest also cleaning with the TES5Edit cleaning tool)

Wow, I wish I had found this post earlier, I just spent several hours tracking down this issue. Thanks for finding a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@EinarrTheRed

Hi there.  Just found out from the thread here -see above - why Nords no longer attack properly

Looking in TESV, something seems to have gone a bit squiff in the 'Attack' settings for the Nord Race

Is a patch in the works, or a new version pending?   Failing those, any ideas as to how we might fix that ourselves please.  I can do minor tweakls in TESVEdit, but I'm afraid that I'm no too sure what to do in this case,  

I like this mod too much to chop it (it really makes a big difference, and many thanks for all your hard work!) - so I'll go back to 0.8 meantime, which looks OK

Any help offered, TIA

@donkeywho

Already done, patch was on page 12, I'd gotten busy and forgotten to update the main page.  Here's the updated esp.   All it actually does is remove the race edits I made so I could add the custom hair colors, but once the facegen is generated its actually no longer needed so I just cleared that out and presto, no more problem.

Prettier Bandits.esp

There's only one version, the current one.  That's the only patch.   All it does is remove the race edits which removes the conflict between PB and various mods that change the attacks for Nords (or any other race).  Just drop the esp in and go.

23 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

There's only one version, the current one.  That's the only patch.   All it does is remove the race edits which removes the conflict between PB and various mods that change the attacks for Nords (or any other race).  Just drop the esp in and go.

Thanks, will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally remembered to update the mod page.  The v0.9.2 patch is just an esp update, it removes the race edits that were causing conflicts for some.  I also found that I'd goofed the voice types for the unique Necromancers in Wolf Skull cave, so now they will once again speak their lines during the summoning ceremony.

I have not had time to work on PB much of late, though I do intend to get back to it.  I've been hard at work on my Whiterun Revisited mod trying to get enough of that mod done so that I can release a first public beta of it.  However, when I do have time I'm working on some ideas for Prettier Bandits that, IF they work, may allow me to up the number of base NPC actors from about 1,200 currently to around 40,000.  *IF* it works, you'd never see the same bandit, warlock, etc. twice in the same game (statistically speaking).  All without increasing the amount of facegen data.  But that's only if it works, cross your fingers for me.

Love this mod. Can`t play without it. Thanks.

Is this mod the one giving the NPCs "names" when you hit the "~" key after enslavement?(top line on the bottom right) It`s a very MINOR annoyance when I enslave them and have to re-rename them to match the listed name. Be nice if PAHE renamed them to the "programmed" name when it`s set to rename new slaves. But like I said...it`s a very minor thing. Not worth a lot of effort.

If it`s easily accessible, could I get the Id for the Imperial Captain so I can "placeatme" her for enslavement? I use DCLs' alternate start(recent switch from vanilla start), so she`s not around when I get to Helgen. I like her look too much to be happy not having her. I`m gonna go to DCL forum and request she be put into Helgen, somewhere. Would rather "acquire" her naturally. She`s been my first acquisition for so long, and looks so good, I really miss her.?

I`ve noticed it`s fairly common to get the same faces on 2 of the Vigilants at the Hall of the Vigilants. In my mind, I just consider them twins, for Lore purposes. Just throwing that out there as an FYI. Not a complaint.

May the Blessings of the Nine, and the Favor of the 16 be with you.(I don`t count Jyggalag. He went down like a bitch in Shivering Isles)

This mod doesn't rename NPC, but it does make a some of them unique.  For example The Caller, Lu'ah al Skaven, and Minorne are all unique and tougher opponents now.  Because they're unique, PAHE's auto-renamer won't rename them and you still get they keys or other drops if you enslave them instead of kill them.

The Imperial Captain's RefID IIRC should be 000AAFAC

As for the Hall of Vigilants and duplicates, I can only tell you its random except TESV's RNG isn't all that random so... ?

Hopefully if an experiment works when I can get back to it, there might be a few thousand Vigilants in a future version, and about 40,000 bandits.  That's if all goes well, which it rarely does so, we'll see.

Glad you enjoy the mod, and thank you.

EDIT:  Updated the correct RefID for the Imperial Captain from Helgen
On 3/6/2020 at 2:27 AM, jb136 said:

Looking forward to the SSE version.

(Couldn't get the original ported or working.)

+1

Love this mod and your work in general.  The bandit beautifier I currently use is ok, but does not hold a candle to your work!  Despite being an LE stalwart, having dipped in to SE due to an HDD issue, I will never go back!  Await your SE release with baited breath, I miss your bandits :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:09 PM, EinarrTheRed said:

The male hairs got used by the updated male Vigilants (there's more variety among them as well as the gals now).  If you don't mind seeing grey faces on the guys, you might get by without it but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Glad you like the Forsworn gals, I had some fun experimenting with variations on the face paint, all of it are default Skyrim facial tatoos but what I did was change the color, the transparency and in many cases took several non-Forsworn tattoos and combined them to create something new that I thought was a more attractive face paint, or at least added variety.  In a future version I want to redo them and do something radically different that I think will be even better, but one bridge at a time.

I've still got some work to do, I'm tinkering with some new systems and ways of doing things that *if* they work will give us a LOT more variety in NPCs without a big increase in file size, but that's still very much in the developmental stage.  Hoping to make it part of the 1.0 release as well as fully converting to KS hair.

As for adding Appachii to your current game, shouldn't be an issue.  There's no scripting involved so impact to both installing it and later removing it should be minimal.

Would it not help avoid confusion if you added the requirements in the whats required for the mod. Some parts say it is just apachii hair full others list female as well. Then find out the one I need males as well. (I find hidden requirements annoying.)

• 3 weeks later...