Show off your settlement

Made a post awhile back, showing off a Croup Manor I did. Though a lot has changed since then. :P

You can see it here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59018-settlement-recommendation/?p=1492314

Always feel like a noob when I see such well placed misc objects

Just take your time with it. Took me a couple hours to get it the way I wanted. Using Place Everywhere mod and TCL with OCDecorator and there ya go. If you start getting bored of making a settlement, take a break. Don't try to do it all in one go. Come back to it every now and then and go detail happy. In time, it will turn out awesome if you just take the time to do it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hangman Alley, really love that settlement. Yeah the pics are sorta dark, wanted more of an atmosphere effect for them. That and I took them at night because I shared them on another site and during the day all my female NPC farmers were butt nekkid :P

ScreenShot12_zps3n66nmfu.png

ScreenShot10_zpskgsaar8v.png

ScreenShot9_zps3uracxef.png

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is supposed to be a settlement love thread. But I have a question about settlement happiness:

Why do my settlements lose happiness, even though they have all neccesties and they don't trigger any minutemen quest?

Because my main base on Spectacle Island has been hurting for happiness lately, and I have no idea why.

I have installed:

• Build your own pool
  • Homemaker
  • Crafting fury
  • Crafting workbenches
  • AWKCR
  • Armorsmith Extended
  • NorthlandDiggers Crafting
  • Robot home defence
  • Moddable Robot Settlers
  • Videos of the Wasteland
  • Singing Settler

The newest one would be the singing settler. Though I hope not since that was bad until the recent version...

You thoughts are welcome :)

Anyway here are some screenshots:

post-142965-0-67079300-1465850687_thumb.jpg

post-142965-0-69704200-1465850689_thumb.jpg

post-142965-0-19742800-1465850691_thumb.jpg

post-142965-0-47381700-1465850696_thumb.jpg

post-142965-0-11779900-1465850694_thumb.jpg

It's a bug with the vanilla game TiredGerman.

There has been several discussions (you can find via google) on it, but the basis of it is, for some reason, the game acts like the items you have placed are not there when you are not there.

Say for instance you had 30 beds, 500 power, 48 food, 140 water, and 600 defense while you are at Sanctuary. When you leave and go do other things for awhile, the game doesn't recognize those items anymore and drops them down to 0. Causing your happiness to drop like a rock until you go back to Sanctuary and open the workshop again to refresh it.

If you open your Pipboy and go to the Data section, you can check on your Workshops. It's right there next to Quests. You'll see little caution signs on all the settlements this is happening to.

People are giving their own ideas on why this happens, but as far as I know, there is no definitive answer as to why. It's just a bug that happens and hasn't been fixed yet.

I know it's kind of cheating, but this is one of the main reasons I use the mod HappyMaker 9000. It causes happiness to raise much much faster and helps keep it up so when that bug happens, I don't have to deal with low settlement happiness.

It's a bug with the vanilla game TiredGerman.

There has been several discussions (you can find via google) on it, but the basis of it is, for some reason, the game acts like the items you have placed are not there when you are not there.

Say for instance you had 30 beds, 500 power, 48 food, 140 water, and 600 defense while you are at Sanctuary. When you leave and go do other things for awhile, the game doesn't recognize those items anymore and drops them down to 0. Causing your happiness to drop like a rock until you go back to Sanctuary and open the workshop again to refresh it.

If you open your Pipboy and go to the Data section, you can check on your Workshops. It's right there next to Quests. You'll see little caution signs on all the settlements this is happening to.

People are giving their own ideas on why this happens, but as far as I know, there is no definitive answer as to why. It's just a bug that happens and hasn't been fixed yet.

I know it's kind of cheating, but this is one of the main reasons I use the mod HappyMaker 9000. It causes happiness to raise much much faster and helps keep it up so when that bug happens, I don't have to deal with low settlement happiness.

Thanks for the Tipp! :D

I'll build that in my Main and Sanctuary just to get that over with.

i am impressed with how much text there was on that first link of CC's before there was a single image.

I have a problem. Show me a keyboard, and I can't help myself. They don't have Compulsive Writers Anonymous, do they?

Hint: Since people don't like to read text on the internet, nobody has yet realized it's just the alphabet copied and pasted over and over and over again.I end up looking verbose without having to do any actual work.

Guest Katherlne

My sreens of some rooms in my old house you can look here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62311-fallout-4-screenshot-thread/page-2

Right now i don't try make something a nice, because a very lack of decoration stuff. And most of them a very old. Maybe in future someone make a good decoration elements, if modding for F4 don't die until this moment (cuz too much bad things fly around F4 right now)... By the way, in Far Harbor i found a very beautiful wallpapers in hotel, want them to use, don't know there any mod with them?

You're charging your settlers admission for that shower show right? :D

How did you actually get them to USE the showers anyway? All my settlers do is stand around at the relaxation points. ONCE I saw a settler actually swimming in the pool, but that was it.

How did you actually get them to USE the showers anyway? All my settlers do is stand around at the relaxation points. ONCE I saw a settler actually swimming in the pool, but that was it.

A lot of fooling around with console. Making them followers and assigning them to the showers. Basically just did it for the screenshot, heh.

A lot of fooling around with console. Making them followers and assigning them to the showers. Basically just did it for the screenshot, heh.

Ah.. It sounds to me like the B.Y.O.P. mod needs some scripting then because, it's kind of a pointless mod otherwise.. er well unless you only count the visual aspect.

Anyway, since this a thread about settlement design, I might as well add my contribution.

This is the pool I built

post-145287-0-37051300-1466477540_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-58271500-1466477555_thumb.jpg

i still have not built my pool cause i still havent found which mod has those long flourecent tubes.  in real life i prefer small spaces. the only reason i even put my kitchen stuff in the kitchen is because my girlfriend made me. for everything else i don't have to even leave this bedroom. i got my desk over there, my bed over there, my guitar over there, basically everything is right here. i like it cozy/cramped. spent a week housesitting for a friend once and by the time it was over i was so happy to come home and just roll over all my things and be like "my thingssssss"

so my settlments tend to be small and i tend to tell settlers to gtfo and go to unbuilt sanctuary lol. the few settlers i do have, i am working at replacing them with custom built robots lol.

i guess it was super foggy the night i took these.

post-501843-0-39662500-1466477876_thumb.png

post-501843-0-25245700-1466477919_thumb.png

post-501843-0-20006000-1466477925_thumb.png

post-501843-0-04328100-1466477930_thumb.png

i still have not built my pool cause i still havent found which mod has those long flourecent tubes.  in real life i prefer small spaces. the only reason i even put my kitchen stuff in the kitchen is because my girlfriend made me. for everything else i don't have to even leave this bedroom. i got my desk over there, my bed over there, my guitar over there, basically everything is right here. i like it cozy/cramped. spent a week housesitting for a friend once and by the time it was over i was so happy to come home and just roll over all my things and be like "my thingssssss"

so my settlments tend to be small and i tend to tell settlers to gtfo and go to unbuilt sanctuary lol. the few settlers i do have, i am working at replacing them with custom built robots lol.

Interesting, where are those curtains from?  The ones you have separating the urinal from the toilet?

Also, your naming with the neon lights make your settlements very unique.

Interesting, where are those curtains from?  The ones you have separating the urinal from the toilet?

Also, your naming with the neon lights make your settlements very unique.

homemaker... i think. its the only item mod i see active in my mo atm. they are fkn huge, i forced them to clip through the floor with place anywhere.

The neon tubes come from a mod called Better Stores. They don't snap together end to end, which is unfortunate, but there you have it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8621/?

If you mean you can't find them in the workshop menu, they're under the bar section.

Archived