Show off your settlement

The neon tubes come from a mod called Better Stores. They don't snap together end to end, which is unfortunate, but there you have it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8621/?

If you mean you can't find them in the workshop menu, they're under the bar section.

cheers, i found them. i just wish that they were part of a smaller items-only mod. oh well. neonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn jenkinnssssss

Interesting, where are those curtains from?  The ones you have separating the urinal from the toilet?

Also, your naming with the neon lights make your settlements very unique.

homemaker... i think. its the only item mod i see active in my mo atm. they are fkn huge, i forced them to clip through the floor with place anywhere.

Should check out Just Curtains. It has those, but in different colors and smaller so you can put them in houses and stuff.

I know settlement happiness has been discussed a lot before but I just cant get it past 85%. I have 20 cats and it stays at 85% and decreasing arrow.. Does anyone know how to increase it?

probably because you have 20 cats jesus christ. half your population is probably allergic :P

Don't play FO4 as the whole FO thing is so fking bleak.

All of your screenshots are starting to persuade me otherwise. Don't know how much work these take but it's been good work, people!

It took nearly 2 days to make mine...........Chasing the materials for such things is hard work. 

Formerly Longfellows Cabin.... It is now Longfellows Communal Living 

ywJWcH.jpg

ozFJ7L.jpg

fqLpyQ.jpg

jvtV0M.jpg

D1AfuJ.jpg

That's really creative, are the lamps from a mod? I dont' think I've seen unbroken ones like that, unless I just can't tell

post-88405-0-41661700-1467153832_thumb.png

Formerly Longfellows Cabin.... It is now Longfellows Communal Living 

ywJWcH.jpg

ozFJ7L.jpg

fqLpyQ.jpg

jvtV0M.jpg

D1AfuJ.jpg

That's really creative, are the lamps from a mod? I dont' think I've seen unbroken ones like that, unless I just can't tell

Cheers ! Yes, the lamps are from Homemaker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If anyone is interested in getting 100% happiness I know how to do it

Find a settlement that has no one in it

Send 1 person there

Give them a bed, food water and two turrets

Then make a level 3 shop and make them work at it

Two days latter you will have a 100% happiness 

Thats how I did it anyway and that settlement still had 100%

If anyone is interested in getting 100% happiness I know how to do it

Find a settlement that has no one in it

Send 1 person there

Give them a bed, food water and two turrets

Then make a level 3 shop and make them work at it

Two days latter you will have a 100% happiness 

Thats how I did it anyway and that settlement still had 100%

Thanks for the tips, couldn't be able to do this achievement right now.
  • 3 months later...
I got Far Harbor and Nuka World for Christmas. I've been ambivalent about going back to Fallout 4, because I stopped having fun with it a while ago, but... I wanted those pretty blue Fog Condensers in my settlements. :)

I haven't really played Nuka World yet (so far I've visited the train station and that's about it :) ), but I did play through Far Harbor.

And it turns out you can't build Fog Condensers anyway. :(

But I did build up a new settlement, using one of m0ds1984's excellent settlement locations. So far, the Natick Power Plant is my favorite, but I really like Norwood Depot too. I haven't tried any of the DLC settlements yet.

post-462261-0-50044100-1483533844_thumb.jpg

1: The entrance is on the south side of the complex, and was developed with the "bunch of laser turrets" school of settlement defense design. Nothing special here, and it's actually quite limited compared to some of my settlements. The Wasteland Workshop DLC, lackluster as it is, added some fine building objects.

post-462261-0-26524500-1483533854_thumb.jpg

Way too many snap points with the concrete stuff, making building with concrete a pain sometimes as you're forced to play "hunt the pixel" to find just the right spot to put something, but that may have been a mod I installed that added all those snap points.

2: Anyway, once inside we see the main warehouse, converted into a indoor-style farm:

post-462261-0-77826700-1483533861_thumb.jpg

I covered up most of the windows with corrugated tin, but there's still plenty of light coming in through some of the walls and ceiling.

3: The generator shed, containing the main controlling terminal, 100-power generator (which is way more than I actually use), eyebot pod, and decontamination arch.

post-462261-0-70183900-1483533868_thumb.jpg

4: Outside the main building I plopped the power armor construction stations.

post-462261-0-57993300-1483533877_thumb.jpg

Natick Power Plant has a huge build area, but a lot of it is taken up with unscrappable objects, which can make placing things a bit of a trial. I like the look of it too much to go around disabling the vanilla generators and powerlines, though. I didn't think to check before building, but I think it was Scrapall (possibly combined with the Scrap Everything mod) made the vanilla unscrappable power lines sit out in empty space, which required creative use of pylons and connectors to make it not look like absolute shit. Not that most people would even notice, or care, I think, but it bugged my latent OCD tendencies.

5: A long look down the main building.

post-462261-0-20754100-1483533883_thumb.jpg

The main building consists of one long room and three open-area side rooms. The main room contains the crafting benches and most vendor stalls.

I didn't take a screenshot of the barracks section or the cafeteria, but it's pretty standard stuff, nothing special. The barracks uses bunk beds to fit 16 beds into a small space.

6: A separate, locking room for robot construction. Because you can't trust those things, and giving them massive armor and powerful weapons is just asking for trouble, but damned if they don't make excellent supply line bots.

post-462261-0-26339200-1483533893_thumb.jpg

7: My room, on top of everything.

post-462261-0-34879600-1483533903_thumb.jpg

Not exactly cozy, because concrete, but it's got a bed and plenty of storage space. Plus two interior-locking doors, one leading into the complex and one leading out onto a balcony overlooking the southwest, toward the Glowing Sea.

8: A shot of the north room of the main hall, with Crimsonrider's Unique Furniture being the prime attraction. I may eventually add more Crimsonrider mods and turn this into a human-experimentation cell.

post-462261-0-61504400-1483533909_thumb.jpg

9: An exterior shot of the south door into the main hall. Note the network of conductors and powerlines.

post-462261-0-75457800-1483533916_thumb.jpg

The closed door on the right is the entrance to the robot construction room. The power switch simultaneously opens the door from the outside and turns on the floodlights inside, a nice touch.

10: The complexity of the conductors and power lines is so that I can do this:

post-462261-0-74026900-1483534002_thumb.jpg

Using the main settlement power to run the lights everywhere, but having a separate interior-locking mechanism for the doors. Uses Crimsonrider's Convenient Power, which has apparently been removed and replaced with an all-in-one resources mod. It can all be done without that mod, but having self-powered switches makes it easier, even if it does mean I end up wasting most of that power.

11: This open area, lit by switch-controlled floodlights, is reserved for building the Institute Teleporter when (if) I get that far in the main quest. I think I've left enough space for it, and I've got plenty of leftover power.

post-462261-0-50433100-1483534014_thumb.jpg

12: Back in the farmhouse, the upper area has been floored over (which took a lot of console setpos commands) and has beds for the farmers, who I don't want to end up part of the hellish behavioral mod experiments I'll put the rest of my settlers through.

post-462261-0-25504100-1483534025_thumb.jpg

13: Another shot of the farm.

post-462261-0-80569400-1483534033_thumb.jpg

There wasn't quite enough space for everything inside. There are two mutfruit plants growing in planters in the little side room, and the razorgrain is growing outside next to a pool of water. Originally I had the corn inside, but the damned farmers would keep embedding themselves into the walls to weed and hoe, so I moved it outside too and put a brahmin trough in there instead. Two water purifiers are right here too (20 water, 20 food, 20 beds total - but only enough stalls and furniture for about 15 settlers, which leaves a few wandering around).

14: Overhead shot, taken from the northwest.

post-462261-0-35539900-1483534041_thumb.jpg

I ended up giving in and disabling the unscrappable vanilla power lines over the main hall and my room, they got on my nerves.

Natick Power Plant has a very large build area, but a lot of it is taken up with unscrappable objects. You can disable them (I did disable some, like a flatbed that was in my way, and some power lines), but I like the look of the thing. It's actually got a lot more vertical area that I haven't used, about up to the level of the floors on the big electrical tower there. I didn't bother to build up there, and I'm not even sure it's got proper collision, and for sure there's no decent navmeshing up there... but putting your own big-ass tower is certainly a possibility. I might end up putting a beacon light up there.

Clearing out the deathclaws and behemoth can be a chore if you're lower-level, but once done it makes for a very nice settlement.

post-462261-0-17095600-1483534049_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another house in the Abernathy farm :

Exterior :

37c5780d7434fc73f70b163af6c1eaac7af54f60

Inside first floor :

bcdea9e175def6acb1919218862d70329913335b

This house was made for the Abernathy family.

Mods used :

- Snappy Housekit : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11639/?

- CWSS Redux : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11639/?

- Modular Kitchen : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17141/?

- Do It Yourshelf : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17141/?

- Settlement Objects Expansion : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10075/?

- and some other mods ...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i really love the settlement building; both the process of building as well as returning later while playing and seeing the results.

Though mostly i'm trapped in the cycle of:

build until materials are gone <-> spend new materials on the basic stuff in a new settlement

And by the point i have enought mats and caps rolling in, i usually lose interest and start a new playthrough. So nothing is ever "finished", even when the settlements always feel like an immersive and evolving place while playing. It's just "my place", and i usually try different builds with new mods in each playthrough.

Then i always promise to myself, "this playthrough you're gonna make screenshots of EVERYTHING because you owe that at least to the mod authors" but so far this hasn't happened.

And most of the things done while building up aren't really a good motif / subject for screenshots.

P.S. - here's a logistic station i built early this playthough for SS / ILS. Just scrap held together with duct tape and nails.

Been testing assets from the new Kuro Tab mod here.

35436-1541186552-1120573468.jpeg

---------------------------

P.S. #2 - Just got to Taffington Boathouse.

Even with the settlement extension mods, this place is always tiny and crammed. Sim Settlement plots also need huge amounts of space.

So why not claim the river in "Libertalia" style? Humble beginnings:

v5vdyGZu_o.jpg

Floating bridges are from Port Royal and G2M Workshop, the plastic sheet set for the greenhouse is from Kuro Tab.

NPCs probably can't navigate this from the vanilla pier on the left, perhaps when i connect everything later directly to the shore.

ic4vVuMV_o.jpg

Abernathy Farm! - always hated this place.

Despite being huge even in vanilla, it always has this signature shack built around the tower which is mostly a non-functional waste of space. NPCs tend to dam up at the only entrance door, and you can't do anything with Sim Settlements in there.

So i just spent the past 2-3 nights scrapping and building, then reloading and starting over.

The idea is to keep the original design theme, but make everything more varied and useful / accessible. Still under construction ATM.

ACBLYde6_o.jpg

11wo1xxT_o.jpg

It was a real nightmare trying to seal up the walls, so i gave up on that and switched to a more open design. Technically not an Atrium, but like an open-air mall or something like that.

So far there are 4 commercial plots in there:

IMU72aSs_o.jpg

pvLSw5oA_o.jpg

W9yWN7KM_o.jpg

4 hours ago, guk said:

Abernathy Farm! - always hated this place.

Despite being huge even in vanilla, it always has this signature shack built around the tower which is mostly a non-functional waste of space. NPCs tend to dam up at the only entrance door, and you can't do anything with Sim Settlements in there.

So i just spent the past 2-3 nights scrapping and building, then reloading and starting over.

The idea is to keep the original design theme, but make everything more varied and useful / accessible. Still under construction ATM.

It was a real nightmare trying to seal up the walls, so i gave up on that and switched to a more open design. Technically not an Atrium, but like an open-air mall or something like that.

So far there are 4 commercial plots in there:

Very nice Abernathy! I had a big plan for the northwest section to think of it as one huge settlement, with Sanctuary Hill as the housing and entertainment, Red Rocket as my home base and security center and Abernathy as the farm and food production, but my sanctuary Hills and RRTS got so out of control that my frame rate and load times  started to get really bad and I figured doing too much to Abernathy would be asking for even more trouble so I never finished that part. 

Archived