SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

Guys, please moderate the tones.

Being angry will not make possible to have the frameworks sooner.

Me and Ashal we check every day the progress, and we decide day by day.

Don't you like it? Then build it yourself.

isn't skyrim special edition and fallout 4 basically on the same engine. couldn't you just take ssekse and just change some some code to make it work on fallout 4? wouldn't they be doing most of the work if they are working on sse? or is there more to it.

Also people should demand bethesda make it easier to mod their game which survives on modding by supporting something like Lua natively for their future games. it makes no sense that you have to reverse engineer a game which has mod support. so stupid.

Nothing stopping you learning how to do it yourself or offer them some wads of cash, you got more knowledge at your fingertips than humans have ever had in history.

I would but I,m busy on 2 major projects for this game ATM which by the way is played more then any Skyrim version on steam! Fallout 4 sitting on 14th, Skyrim on 18th and SE on 30th. Go figure why Fallout 4 should be priority, its more popular then Skyrim!

...  which by the way is played more then any Skyrim version on steam! Fallout 4 sitting on 14th, Skyrim on 18th and SE on 30th. Go figure why Fallout 4 should be priority, its more popular then Skyrim!

If you combine the players of the two editions Skyrim is at the position where it has always been in the past yeas - around number 10. 

FO4 is indeed quite popular but if we are going to make direct comparison between the games Skyrim still wins. 

Oldrim is still played by more people than SSE, it will be interesting to see how this will change when the script extender is released. 

The script extender devs are mod authors who create their mod in their free time as a hobby. It is expected that they would work on something that they personally find interesting and/or important. I also wish they continued to work on FO4, but I think we should respect their decision to work on what they want to. 

...  which by the way is played more then any Skyrim version on steam! Fallout 4 sitting on 14th, Skyrim on 18th and SE on 30th. Go figure why Fallout 4 should be priority, its more popular then Skyrim!

If you combine the players of the two editions Skyrim is at the position where it has always been in the past yeas - around number 10. 

FO4 is indeed quite popular but if we are going to make direct comparison between the games Skyrim still wins. 

Oldrim is still played by more people than SSE, it will be interesting to see how this will change when the script extender is released. 

The script extender devs are mod authors who create their mod in their free time as a hobby. It is expected that they would work on something that they personally find interesting and/or important. I also wish they continued to work on FO4, but I think we should respect their decision to work on what they want to. 

Thats kind of not a fair comparison, skyrim has mods which are not just texture changes.

That's really not fair,  FO4 also has like 2000 different flavors of big boobed BS Presets.

Isn't the CK also still in Beta?

Overall FO4 is in a sad state and we can only wait until the tools are given to make it better. Complaining really doesn't help here.

I dont understand why people collectively dont complain to bethesda and tell them to ditch Papyrus in favor of lua or something.

That's really not fair,  FO4 also has like 2000 different flavors of big boobed BS Presets.

Isn't the CK also still in Beta?

Overall FO4 is in a sad state and we can only wait until the tools are given to make it better. Complaining really doesn't help here.

I simply replied to a statement that FO4 has more players on Steam than Skyrim which is not true. 

It is true that FO4 is still within the top games, but not above Skyrim as the post I replied to suggested.

But after all, as I said, the script extender people will work on what they want to work on.

honestly, I don't mind waiting, years? and all there is is skins? it's no wonder why Skyrim is more popular combined on steam than fallout 4. I mean yeah skyrim is great, but fallout 4 is a whole new frontier that can't even be broken into completely yet. the possibilities are endless. So I have to say to all the guys and gals working on cracking the code even without creation kit. keep up the good work, and i know what you produce will be great. lets just hope the integration is like skyrims, or fallout 3/nv.  

I think if it were two separate engines I would have been miffed by it. But seeing as how

this could actually be beneficial in working on the F4SE I don't mind so much. Just a detour

that will get us where we are going sooner. 

"Just a detour that will get us where we are going sooner. "

Um, WHAT?

Sextec is *ALREADY* behind a YEAR, almost a YEAR & A HALF.

Sextec is *only* a framework!! There is still the matter of supporting software, as well as animations yet to do.

It's not an exaggeration to say that we could LITERALLY be waiting an additional 2 years until we get anything significant.

The F4 players got royally screwed, and we didn't even get a reach around.

:angry:

Screwed by who? The modders? They aren't being paid to make things for you. They do it out of their own

love of creating mods for games. Unless you've paid them directly for a finished product how exactly did you

get screwed? What timeline are you working off of? How do you formulate your timeline? Previous games?

That doesn't fly, because each game has a progressively more difficult engine build to crack. No one is

giving a timeline around here, only a rough guesstimate. If you feel betrayed the answer is simple, put your

time otherwise spent on this thread throwing a tantrum to better use by learning to reverse engineer and

build the framework yourself. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else from throwing their towel in the ring to

help get it finished sooner, just seems like people would rather complain. And who wants to work with an

already hostile crowd? I don't blame them at all for going to SKSE64. If you aren't being paid to do the work

would you put up with people giving you grief? Personally I think CPU and the other modders putting in the

time have the patience of a saint. My responses would have been a lot less kind.

I would but I,m busy on 2 major projects for this game ATM which by the way is played more then any Skyrim version on steam! Fallout 4 sitting on 14th, Skyrim on 18th and SE on 30th. Go figure why Fallout 4 should be priority, its more popular then Skyrim!

So? Either put up or shut up as the saying goes. Nobody owes you a damned thing, so stop acting like you're owed anything unless you're either willing to put in the work or contribute financially.

Hmm... I am thinking that most of the supposed FO4 hate is coming from people's own echo chambers. It's generally well regarded by most people, however, the common arguments I always hear about it seem to be the same ones parroted over and over, and those usually lack a substance as to why it is bad, just that "It is bad... Mkay? My friends say so"

Seriously, the adult modding potential for FO4 is insane, especially throwing in the building options. New Vegas is awesome, but buggy as hell. I don't play it anymore because on three rigs now I have an odd crash that causes my entire system to freeze up and require a reset button push. That being said... the story mods for new Vegas were absolutely awesome. So much better than those in Skyrim, even though Skyrim's overall experience is better.

If we can combine the two... like I suspect we can with FO4, then we have something that will be magnificent and well worth the wait.

But it does have lack of substance, its the most boring game i have ever played, I littry haven't played it in months and just waiting for mods to catch up.

So? Either put up or shut up as the saying goes. Nobody owes you a damned thing, so stop acting like you're owed anything unless you're either willing to put in the work or contribute financially.

it it on github or something? why should anyone give money financially unless they want to.

The problem with F4SE is the same problem with SSE: Finding the correct class hooks to insert your own code.

Think of it as a hack, where you insert your middle-man code in the middle of a running program, and hope you

picked the right area to hook into and override.

From what I've looked at on a branched copy of their work, this is where they are stuck at. It's tedious, and boring,

and nobody likes looking at assembly or hex addresses in a binary, or poking memory to see where those address points are

so you can call methods, or completely replace them.

I don't see any reason why Shader or CPU, or any other modder with a iota of programming background,  can't just post a quick

summary of the tools, and the process of finding these hook points. If there is interest from the community to pitch in, and they know how, writing a better version of f4se would be done a lot faster.

I'm inclined to do this myself, and post unofficial patches to F4SE instead that hook into papyrus. You don't need silverlock folks to do this at all. If they can't do the work because they are busy, do what LL does to Nexus. Post your own patches.

I never said or acted like I was owed anything not that I can recall but the SO? Lots of top modders are waiting on F4SE to have more content and Skyrim SE is a dead horse!

The problem with F4SE is the same problem with SSE: Finding the correct class hooks to insert your own code.

Think of it as a hack, where you insert your middle-man code in the middle of a running program, and hope you

picked the right area to hook into and override.

From what I've looked at on a branched copy of their work, this is where they are stuck at. It's tedious, and boring,

and nobody likes looking at assembly or hex addresses in a binary, or poking memory to see where those address points are

so you can call methods, or completely replace them.

I don't see any reason why Shader or CPU, or any other modder with a iota of programming background,  can't just post a quick

summary of the tools, and the process of finding these hook points. If there is interest from the community to pitch in, and they know how, writing a better version of f4se would be done a lot faster.

I'm inclined to do this myself, and post unofficial patches to F4SE instead that hook into papyrus. You don't need silverlock folks to do this at all. If they can't do the work because they are busy, do what LL does to Nexus. Post your own patches.

don't need unofficial patches, F4SE plugins (those DLL things you put in the plugins folder) can do everything that is needed - but it requires someone with the knowledge, time and motivation to do it

it it on github or something?

Fair point. I have talked about the process a bit earlier in this thread, but it's hard to keep it both logged somewhere and visible.

The F4SE source code is available on the F4SE website (and only there) : http://f4se.silverlock.org/. You click "7z archive", and it's under the "src/" folder. Put it somewhere on your PC you'll find easily, because it's where you'll spend a lot of your time.

You'll need Visual Studio to build/run it - all versions are fine, so just pick one like Visual Studio Community 2013 (recommended) or 2015.

Once you have Visual Studio launched, open the project under "src/f4se" (called "f4se.sln"). Click the green arrow at the top to run it, and don't forget to build it (Build>Build Solution) after each change.

You may also need a the "%Fallout4Path%" environment variable for it to work "fine", I believe. Make it point to the root of the Fallout 4 project (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4).

About the tools to find hooks, the best one is IDA Professional (available here, for a mere 1129 USD), which is what most people use to work on **SE projects. Of course, most people can't afford it so I'd recommend x64dbg which gives you some ability to follow the program.

Findings hooks is both simple and hard. You need to launch the game, stop it at some point and run it instruction by instruction. Understanding the basis of Assembly is a plus, but you don't really need more than JSR/RTS (JSR goes to a routine and RTS ends a routine) to start, you'll learn the rest on the fly.

You need to find :

1- the address of the JSR call

2- the address of the instructions you go to after a JSR

these are your hook pair. The hardest part is then to find what the method you got the "hook" for actually does. You'd also need to find the formula needed to get the addresses after each update, but this can be done just from the pair - just post it and this will be a big plus for the team.

The most needed hooks nowadays are anything linked to Papyrus. Close after are forced behavior file loading, animations (for the SendAnimationEvent function), and anything you can find that may be useful.

I think that's it. There's no magic and I sadly don't really have more advice about what to do - I stopped at about this point because I don't have much free time to spend on that. Maybe someone else with more experience can pitch in and give some more advice.

Good luck.

But isn't IDA free. https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/support/download_freeware.shtml

Couldnt you find hooks using Cheat engine?

IDA Freeware and IDA Starter don't support x64 - at least I 'm pretty sure they don't. You need x64 support to analyze FO4 and S:SE.

I guess you can use Cheat Engine. Use the tool you're most comfortable with; the only thing that matters are the values and what they mean.

The most needed hooks nowadays are.... animations (for the SendAnimationEvent function)...

There are papyrus Functions which send animation events.

Espacially PlaySyncedAnimation() could be handy.

PlayAnimation() should work like SendAnimationEvent.

And PlayGamebryoAnimation() is definitely sending an animation event to the respective Behavior file attached to Objects, should work on actors aswell.

when you´re typing help "animationevent" into the console ingame it even tells you a console command for that exists (SAE) aswell as a papyrus function... where ever these may be ^^

Currently im about to do some tests about adding a behavior file to an actor by a "relay" object.

Surely not a very smooth way to do that, but if its working...

Last time I checked, people said that there were only two or a few more people working on the F4SE version. I think it's weird that something so important to the modding community (not only for adult mods) doesn't have more people involved. I'm sure that there are many talented people who would want to help, but it seems that they didn't know what's going on. It's likely that loverslab is the only source we have about it.

I'm not critcizing or anything, it's just that it seems many people were "relaxed" thinking that SexTec would be released sooner or later but it never was, and just now they are realizing that the sitiuation is difficult, so if they knew that the situation would be like that, perhaps if more people had joined the development from the start we would have a better progress. But of course, this is just my speculation, but I guess that there is a problem of communication vs. expectations that is leading to some heated comments.

Archived