SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

Although sse has been ported to the new engine, a lot of the old skyrim is still intact. If you want to summarize and criminally oversimplify it's same old skyrim codebase with new graphics so that the old scripts can run with some adaptation.

Let's be clear, they didn't remake skyrim from scratch. So it's easier to hook into what you already know than getting into fallout that changed so much that it's almost not comparable... So it was expected. Hopefully we'll get a bit more insight from fallout with this "missing link"...

Not to mention that the elder scrolls series always attracted more modders than the fallout series...

I'm very new to pc modding (just built the pc with my bud last month) and I'm very excited for this. Something on the scale of that sex mod for Skyrim but in Fallout? That'd be amazing! I skimmed the last page and it seems that it's very slowly progressing but is still being worked on. I didn't catch if there was an ETA for it coming out or not though?

A real ETA will be provided only after F4SE (a real one) will be out.

Sometime this year?

Next year......This year they are working on Skyrim SE.

:(  :angry:

Whatever happened to doing things in chronological order??

:angry:

SKSE64 might help getting knowledge for F4SE, and getting it faster.

SKSE64 might help getting knowledge for F4SE, and getting it faster.

Perhaps it can, but SE peeps haven't been waiting over a year like F4 peeps have.

I think if it were two separate engines I would have been miffed by it. But seeing as how

this could actually be beneficial in working on the F4SE I don't mind so much. Just a detour

that will get us where we are going sooner. 

Sometime this year?

I'd say next year, but wouldn't hold my breath. They claim the SKSE for sse will be out in beta by mid-March. I'm betting they will be spending a lot of time fine tuning it from there on out, and unless they plan to split the team I wouldn't wager FO4SE anytime next year either. Rather doom and gloom, but Bethesda really caused a shitstorm in the modding community with re-releasing a 5 year old game, it's just a shame mod authors thought it was worth prioritizing as well.

Sometime this year?

I'd say next year, but wouldn't hold my breath. They claim the SKSE for sse will be out in beta by mid-March. I'm betting they will be spending a lot of time fine tuning it from there on out, and unless they plan to split the team I wouldn't wager FO4SE anytime next year either. Rather doom and gloom, but Bethesda really caused a shitstorm in the modding community with re-releasing a 5 year old game, it's just a shame mod authors thought it was worth prioritizing as well.

I think I remember CPU saying that sextec should be out Q1 2017.

I think I remember CPU saying that sextec should be out Q1 2017.

Was a projection, based on the time to have a Script Extender working. It will be after Q1 for sure.

Shock Horror the guys doing SKSE might be human beings and rather "User Puppets" and like playing SkyrimSE more than FO4 or even lost interest in it completely.......

Well they should put Fallout 4 first because of two major things, they began work on Fallout 4 first by a lengthy margin and we already have a Skyrim with SKSE to play. They have left all there supporters who want F4SE done in a great big ditch! :angry:

Shock Horror the guys doing SKSE might be human beings and rather "User Puppets" and like playing SkyrimSE more than FO4 or even lost interest in it completely.......

Well they should put Fallout 4 first because of two major things, they began work on Fallout 4 first by a lengthy margin and we already have a Skyrim with SKSE to play. They have left all there supporters who want F4SE done in a great big ditch! :angry:

They are doing what they want to do, even if they are going to ditch F4SE completly you can complain as long as you want, it won´t change anything.

dude relax..it will be so worth the wait.

Nothing stopping you learning how to do it yourself or offer them some wads of cash, you got more knowledge at your fingertips than humans have ever had in history.

I think if it were two separate engines I would have been miffed by it. But seeing as how

this could actually be beneficial in working on the F4SE I don't mind so much. Just a detour

that will get us where we are going sooner. 

"Just a detour that will get us where we are going sooner. "

Um, WHAT?

Sextec is *ALREADY* behind a YEAR, almost a YEAR & A HALF.

Sextec is *only* a framework!! There is still the matter of supporting software, as well as animations yet to do.

It's not an exaggeration to say that we could LITERALLY be waiting an additional 2 years until we get anything significant.

The F4 players got royally screwed, and we didn't even get a reach around.

:angry:

Couldn't the SKSE/F4SE Team ask Bethesda for help? I mean SKSE-based mods took a  real big part in keeping Skyrim alive and driving sales over the years. If it werent for mods Skyrim would be utterly shit.

That's what I'm sayin'.

For Bethesda to directly add these basic functions would easily be 1/10th the amount of work as two guys reverse engineering it. And, as you point out, it's in Bethesda's financial interest.

Archived