SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

multfilm, on 30 Jul 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:snapback.png

Hey people, how much Bethesda pay you to delay your progress as long as possible?

are you all there dude?

lol I made that my signature, it cracked me up so much I had to keep it. 

lol is it are you all there dude..or how much are they paying you.. :D

I don't see any reason why Shader or CPU, or any other modder with a iota of programming background,  can't just post a quick

summary of the tools, and the process of finding these hook points. If there is interest from the community to pitch in, and they know how, writing a better version of f4se would be done a lot faster.

behippo wrote that not sharing instructions on how to reverse engineer the game is part of their "understanding" with Bethesda.

Fair point. I have talked about the process a bit earlier in this thread, but it's hard to keep it both logged somewhere and visible.

I'm not sure if the above is an assumption from behippo or if Bethesda actually asked them not to share this information. Theoretically, posting these instructions could bring some negative attention from Bethesda.

Last time I checked, people said that there were only two or a few more people working on the F4SE version. I think it's weird that something so important to the modding community (not only for adult mods) doesn't have more people involved. I'm sure that there are many talented people who would want to help, but it seems that they didn't know what's going on. It's likely that loverslab is the only source we have about it.

I'm not critcizing or anything, it's just that it seems many people were "relaxed" thinking that SexTec would be released sooner or later but it never was, and just now they are realizing that the sitiuation is difficult, so if they knew that the situation would be like that, perhaps if more people had joined the development from the start we would have a better progress. But of course, this is just my speculation, but I guess that there is a problem of communication vs. expectations that is leading to some heated comments.

Reverse engineering is a specialized type of work. There would be a lot to figure out even for talented regular developers. It's all different tools. Different processes, terminology, etc.

Put yourself in a developers shoes and consider the factors. Does it make sense for them to embark on what will probably be a major time-consuming task when there are others who have done it before and have said they will have it done in a few months?

I think that most people capable of doing this are going to conclude that they don't want to spend a bunch of their hours on it only to make a system that nobody ends up using because the more popular one is also released.

multfilm, on 30 Jul 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:snapback.png

Hey people, how much Bethesda pay you to delay your progress as long as possible?

are you all there dude?

lol I made that my signature, it cracked me up so much I had to keep it. 

lol is it are you all there dude..or how much are they paying you.. :D

How much is Bethesda paying you. I died laughing when I saw it back in July.

behippo wrote that not sharing instructions on how to reverse engineer the game is part of their "understanding" with Bethesda.

I'm not sure if the above is an assumption from behippo or if Bethesda actually asked them not to share this information. Theoretically, posting these instructions could bring some negative attention from Bethesda.

Just wanted to clarify something on this. Ian, BeHippo and co. don't talk about what's involved in creating the **SE tools on the Bethesda forums out of respect for their team. However, they do talk about it on other places (nexus, reddit, AFKMods...) quite openly. What they are doing is really specialized, yes, but it would be dumb to think not talking about it makes it harder to find out - the **SE tools are pretty much decompiling 101 as far as knowledge goes.

There was a post out there where they explain in detail why they prefer not to talk about it there, and they even recommend talking about it on Reddit/IRC. I can't really search it right now - maybe it even got deleted by the Bethesda forums migration. There is also several posts on /r/f4se where they get in depth about what needs to be done.

I would but I,m busy on 2 major projects for this game ATM which by the way is played more then any Skyrim version on steam! Fallout 4 sitting on 14th, Skyrim on 18th and SE on 30th. Go figure why Fallout 4 should be priority, its more popular then Skyrim!

So? Either put up or shut up as the saying goes. Nobody owes you a damned thing, so stop acting like you're owed anything unless you're either willing to put in the work or contribute financially.

It's not so much being "owed" anything, it's what is RIGHT.

:angry:

Last warning.

1) Do not attack people

2) Do not argue each other about what is right and not in this thread

3) Don't blame people because are not fast enough in creating some mod you want to have

If the trend of the last weeks will continue this thread will be locked.

I think if it were two separate engines I would have been miffed by it. But seeing as how

this could actually be beneficial in working on the F4SE I don't mind so much. Just a detour

that will get us where we are going sooner. 

"Just a detour that will get us where we are going sooner. "

Um, WHAT?

Sextec is *ALREADY* behind a YEAR, almost a YEAR & A HALF.

Sextec is *only* a framework!! There is still the matter of supporting software, as well as animations yet to do.

It's not an exaggeration to say that we could LITERALLY be waiting an additional 2 years until we get anything significant.

The F4 players got royally screwed, and we didn't even get a reach around.

:angry:

Screwed by who? The modders? They aren't being paid to make things for you. They do it out of their own

love of creating mods for games. Unless you've paid them directly for a finished product how exactly did you

get screwed? What timeline are you working off of? How do you formulate your timeline? Previous games?

That doesn't fly, because each game has a progressively more difficult engine build to crack. No one is

giving a timeline around here, only a rough guesstimate. If you feel betrayed the answer is simple, put your

time otherwise spent on this thread throwing a tantrum to better use by learning to reverse engineer and

build the framework yourself. Nothing is stopping you or anyone else from throwing their towel in the ring to

help get it finished sooner, just seems like people would rather complain. And who wants to work with an

already hostile crowd? I don't blame them at all for going to SKSE64. If you aren't being paid to do the work

would you put up with people giving you grief? Personally I think CPU and the other modders putting in the

time have the patience of a saint. My responses would have been a lot less kind.

I started modding games when Wolfenstein 3D came out. Modders rely on PROGRAMMERS to get us the tools we need, then we do our magic. The F4SE guys are PROGRAMMERS, not modders.

As a result of my extensive modding of the past, I am probably older than most people on this forum. Sounds to me like you can't handle truth too well.

:lol:

Last warning.

1) Do not attack people

3) Don't blame people because are not fast enough in creating some mod you want to have

Ok CPU.......I'll shut up.

Last warning.

1) Do not attack people

Apologies for my behavior, CPU. Roger and wilco.

Something is going on. But right now is pretty much checking (often) what is possible.

Remember without F4SE there will be SexTec.

Isn't the F4SE out now though? http://f4se.silverlock.org/  Or is F4SE not fully functional yet?

F4se is missing some functionality needed for a mod menu like in skyrim or new vegas, also something about papyrus or something.  Someone correct me if im wrong.

Something is going on. But right now is pretty much checking (often) what is possible.

Remember without F4SE there will be SexTec.

Isn't the F4SE out now though? http://f4se.silverlock.org/  Or is F4SE not fully functional yet?

F4se is missing some functionality needed for a mod menu like in skyrim or new vegas, also something about papyrus or something.  Someone correct me if im wrong.

The current version has so few features that it's basically just a place-holder.

It'll get there.

I heard a rumor.........

I heard that Beth is gonna release VERY SOON Fallout 3 remastered on the Fallout 4 engine.

This would (obviously) tilt the need for F4SE *over* SKSESE.......

biggrin.png

I'd like what you're smoking, good sir. 

Bethesda has said before that the only reason they remastered Skyrim was because it served the basis for testing the Creation Engine on the newer consoles for Fallout 4's development. It, essentially, was half-way done being a remaster by the time they started work on Fallout 4. They want to push their IPs forward and continue to build newer games, not remasters. 

Just a bit of advice if you all don't want this thread locked. If you have a question read back a few pages or search the thread for something pertaining to it. There's a good chance its already been answered, especially all the F4SE questions. If you you're not happy with the answer and wont make mods yourself then be patient and do something else for a while.  It would be understandable but a real shame if this thread got locked.

I heard a rumor.........

I heard that Beth is gonna release VERY SOON Fallout 3 remastered on the Fallout 4 engine.

:D

This rumor is absolutely false. In an interview with a developer at Bethesda, he mentioned that SKSE was never really meant to be a thing. It was kind of a programming exercise, and they only did it because it was an easy and short project. He went on to explain that any time they spent remastering older games was time taken away from current projects. Further stating that this was a one time thing, and will probably not happen again.

Skyrim was chosen to remaster only because it was newer than their other titles, and the engine was still workable. 

I heard a rumor.........

:D

This rumor is absolutely false. In an interview with a developer at Bethesda, he mentioned that SKSE was never really meant to be a thing. It was kind of a programming exercise, and they only did it because it was an easy and short project. He went on to explain that any time they spent remastering older games was time taken away from current projects. Further stating that this was a one time thing, and will probably not happen again.

Skyrim was chosen to remaster only because it was newer than their other titles, and the engine was still workable. 

Well shit......

:(

Can someone give me the "Reader's Digest" version of why we can't just point our Skyrim stuff to F4???

Archived