SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

Sometimes those cleanups are really confusing. I'm in no way complaining about the right of the moderators to do whatever they want but it also leaves the users to draw conclusions in trying to understand what happened based on nothing as there is not even a hint of an explanation why. Sometimes it is obvious - when posts are obviously against the rules, sometimes it is not.

Just for the record - what is left after the cleanup are several posts that people "think" that Bethesda is not going to make Fallout 4 VR and people posting wrong information about it (several posts above this one). What was deleted were several posts that answer that with facts, links and videos. And that explain what Fallout 4 VR is about and how it will work/feel. As there is no way to know why some of those posts were deleted and others left it leads to the conclusion that it is OK to post about Fallout4 VR only if your post is negative.

For me the lesson is to not write about VR on LL anymore. And stand and watch how in several months when the game is released new fans come here searching for mods and are been sent away.

Logically, posting about Fallout 4 VR in a forum for Fallout 4 is the same as all the posts about SSE in the Skyrim forums. I have always believed LL is a place where open-minded people push the boundaries of what is considered possible to do in cool and imaginative ways. To see it officially turning it's back to the most exciting and important areas of game development in many years is a bit disappointing.

tl;dr

FO4VR is to FO4 what SSE is to Oldrim. Censoring all meaningful and relevant information about it will not make it go away and is a very strange thing to happen on a forum like LL.

Feel free to post about FO4VR and differences between skyrim and FO4 engines in corresponding thread, or in general discussion. This is the thread about the development of SexTec for FO4, last two pages were full of discussion of stuff that has nothing to do with SexTec.

The thread has derailed, moderator has cleaned it up, there is no conspiracy.

In the posts that were deleted there was not a hint of a drama, it was only information and relevant links.What was the drama about?

Prinyo, at the end of the day it's CPUs thread, and they did the cleanup with the approval and assistance of a moderator. Let it go and move on, you're just gonna get yourself in trouble if you keep pushing like this.

What was the drama about?

In the posts that were deleted there was not a hint of a drama, it was only information and relevant links.

Looks like we're getting derailed again, lol.

CPU, you said you're trying to build Fo4SE? I didn't even know you were the one working on that. And I thought it was out. I've been out of the loop for a year now. I skimmed most of this thread trying to catch up but it's a lot to read so excuse my lack of knowledge on the progress of this.

So, it's a few days before Christmas, how's everything coming along? Besides the doom and gloom of the Script Extender. Can we get an early Christmas present and have you give us some details on where everything stands as of right now? Maybe even list some things we could help with. I only do Photoshop work and Music so I can't help much but someone probably could.

In a nutshell, what's working and what's not working? 

Thanks for all the awesome work CPU and Ashal, and everyone else working on this. 

CPU, you said you're trying to build Fo4SE?

I started working on SKSE a few weeks ago.

I started with SKSE because its code is complete.

Mainly to gain experience.

I tried to contact all the members of the team. Nobody gave me an answer.

I did a lot of extensions to SKSE (for example dynamic dialogues.)

But all of this is for Skyrim 32bits.

I am looking also to SSE and FO4, but right now just to check (because all hooks have to be found for both games.)

When I will receive an answer from one of the SilverLock team, then I will know what the next step will be. Right now is only personal work that will not be shared.

Do not expect anything for this year. Will take months (many of them) to have a F4SE or a FO4SE.

CPU, you said you're trying to build Fo4SE?

I started working on SKSE a few weeks ago.

I started with SKSE because its code is complete.

Mainly to gain experience.

I tried to contact all the members of the team. Nobody gave me an answer.

I did a lot of extensions to SKSE (for example dynamic dialogues.)

But all of this is for Skyrim 32bits.

I am looking also to SSE and FO4, but right now just to check (because all hooks have to be found for both games.)

When I will receive an answer from one of the SilverLock team, then I will know what the next step will be. Right now is only personal work that will not be shared.

Do not expect anything for this year. Will take months (many of them) to have a F4SE or a FO4SE.

There's been something on the skse page about them starting to work on the 64bit SE version for a while now but no real progress indicator.

I'm quite sure a lot of modders are waiting on SKSE before they will port their mods over.

I think a lot of programmers are wishing there was a magical 'convert source to 64 bit' button these days :-)

To be completely honest with my naivety, I thought SKSE was out. Shows how out of the loop I am. Been waiting for CPU and Ashals mods before I touch the game again.

I'm going to go find a forum to learn what the possibilities are with Sextec and SKSE's future now that we have 64b. Fucking so exciting. Merry Xmas everyone!

since the script extender is a major link in the chain that is sextec development here are some links to threads that may have some nuggets worth looking at (may have to dig deep) - these threads contain posts by Behippo and even a random comment or two by members of the skyui team

https://www.reddit.com/user/behippo

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5gs3bo/skse_update/?sort=new

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5a1bh8/pc_official_skse64_thread/?sort=new

behippo is not as active on reddit as he is on these next two:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1612646-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skseskse64/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4979480-skse/

and here is the only F4SE thread i found, don't know if any good info is in there but here it is:

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3335?q=F4SE

Going back to SexTec, what this all means for the future SexTecVR whenever it might happen. The biggest point is that it is going to be a voyeur mostly experience as there is no player character model and also the current VR systems only track the head and the hands so simulating a POV experience is not possible. On the other hand the voyeur experience will be way more real, interesting and engaging. One small example :-) I expect a lot of exciting experiments and solutions comming from the community in the next few years. And if FO4VR is as moddable as the flat game it will open quite a lot of possibilities and will be very important corner stone. 

Looks like I missed some kind of drama about this subject that got deleted. Hopefully, it's ok to reply about it?

Thank you for the videos. I get what room-scale is. But, hadn't seen a video of this teleport strategy.

To me, that solution is so jarring that it seems like a waste of the developers time to make. Its basically just popping around in a non-immersive way in order to create little second-rate mini shooting games. The same thing is basically accomplished by those stand-up arcade games that have physical toy guns attached to them. Fluidly moving around, sometimes long distances, is a major component of open world games.

For Sextec, I don't see what that would add to the experience? Seems like it would just be a more clumsy way to move the camera. You have to physically duck instead of moving your thumb to get a lower view? How would that add to an adult themed mod?

since the script extender is a major link in the chain that is sextec development here are some links to threads that may have some nuggets worth looking at (may have to dig deep) - these threads contain posts by Behippo and even a random comment or two by members of the skyui team

https://www.reddit.com/user/behippo

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5gs3bo/skse_update/?sort=new

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5a1bh8/pc_official_skse64_thread/?sort=new

behippo is not as active on reddit as he is on these next two:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1612646-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skseskse64/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4979480-skse/

and here is the only F4SE thread i found, don't know if any good info is in there but here it is:

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3335?q=F4SE

Thank you for these links. I find Reddit to be a pain to read through. But, there is a lot of good information buried in there that answers more detailed questions about the new extender work.

I think that this one post from behippo answers most questions posed in the last several pages of this thread. So, probably worth quoting here (from about a month ago):

I agree that F4SE has gotten less attention. Brendan (Expired) has been the main person working on F4SE for the last little bit. I had been involved heavily at the start, but real life got in the way when I was laid off in February and needed to find a new job. Now that I have settled into my new position I was ready to start engaging with the script extenders again.

So that brings us to the release of SkyrimSE. SKSE is by far and away our most popular script extender. Since the beginning of 2015 (4 years post-release of Skyrim) we've had 8 million downloads of SKSE. So there is a ton of demand for SKSE64 and a lot of mods already depending on it. So that has become our top priority right now.

So where does that leave F4SE? Brendan has basic papyrus support working - but much of it is untested. We need to validate where things are and get that turned on. Then we need to flesh out a lot of functionality. Some of that may be easier now that we're really engaged with SKSE64. But the engines are different. SkyrimSE is basically a 64-bit version of SKSE with some additional changes.

I hope to get involved with F4SE once we get SKSE64 out the door.

As for the forums - we haven't moved over to the new bethesda forums for anything yet. We still use the classic BGS forums for SKSE (and F4SE I believe). Given the popularity of SKSE and the ton of questions surrounding SKSE64 I have been hopping on reddit, bgs and nexus forums to keep folks up to date.

Sorry for keeping you waiting on F4SE. I know that it is important to get it out so people can do amazing things. There is only so much time and effort to be spread around, unfortunately.

:( With Sextec and I guess many other mods depending on at least a good working F4SE it saddens me to see work on it put below SKSE64!

We have to wait until SKSE64 is finished, I seriously thought Fallout 4 would have been far more important, given it's an entirely new game!

:( With Sextec and I guess many other mods depending on at least a good working F4SE it saddens me to see work on it put below SKSE64!

We have to wait until SKSE64 is finished, I seriously thought Fallout 4 would have been far more important, given it's an entirely new game!

skyrim has more player base than fallout plus they have already done their work with skse so porting will take less time to skse64 and its in serious demand now more than F4se if i dare say. only thing i can imagine with less progress made on fallout4 is that maybe coz of new engine its hard to decode and less people ( only expired is working now on F4 ) working on it could be the reason.

In the posts that were deleted there was not a hint of a drama, it was only information and relevant links.What was the drama about?

Prinyo, at the end of the day it's CPUs thread, and they did the cleanup with the approval and assistance of a moderator. Let it go and move on, you're just gonna get yourself in trouble if you keep pushing like this.

CLEANUP IN AISLE 6!!!!!

......Even though it was completely unnecessary???!!!

:(

Going back to SexTec, what this all means for the future SexTecVR whenever it might happen. The biggest point is that it is going to be a voyeur mostly experience as there is no player character model and also the current VR systems only track the head and the hands so simulating a POV experience is not possible. On the other hand the voyeur experience will be way more real, interesting and engaging. One small example :-) I expect a lot of exciting experiments and solutions comming from the community in the next few years. And if FO4VR is as moddable as the flat game it will open quite a lot of possibilities and will be very important corner stone. 

Looks like I missed some kind of drama about this subject that got deleted. Hopefully, it's ok to reply about it?

Thank you for the videos. I get what room-scale is. But, hadn't seen a video of this teleport strategy.

To me, that solution is so jarring that it seems like a waste of the developers time to make. Its basically just popping around in a non-immersive way in order to create little second-rate mini shooting games. The same thing is basically accomplished by those stand-up arcade games that have physical toy guns attached to them. Fluidly moving around, sometimes long distances, is a major component of open world games.

For Sextec, I don't see what that would add to the experience? Seems like it would just be a more clumsy way to move the camera. You have to physically duck instead of moving your thumb to get a lower view? How would that add to an adult themed mod?

There was a misunderstanding that was cleared up.

FO4VR is to FO4 as SSE to Oldrim, so discussion about the sex framework for them is relevant in a thread that is for general discussions on the topic. I think the problem with those posts was that they contain mainly base VR information but it was necessary to establish the differences between the two games and what makes FO4VR different than the flat game. 

VR in general opens brand new possibilities and presents brand new problems. Exploring both will take some time, imagination and enthusiasm. FO4VR will be one of the good possibilities for that. And indeed the approach to the in-game sex will be a bit different. Everything in VR is made to be more involving for the actual player. So yes, if you want a lower level view you need to actually duck in real life. Or you can move a step or two in some direction in order to get a different view angle. Or you can actually lie on the floor and look under the skirts of your settlers. It is all about the presence and involvement. And yes, teleportation is bad, this is one of the problems that need to be fixed sooner or later.

I expect to see in future different mods that will take advantage of all that in unexpected and interesting ways. One type of mods that will definitely benefit are the bdsm mods. Look at this video. You have your hands tracked, you can bring pain to your prisoners in many different ways. Outside of the violence, you can do stuff like fingering or fisting, or playing helicopter with the schlongs of the male NPC... Imagine you have the player's hand as a model with collision and the NPC bodies with collision. 

FO4VR i expected in the first half of 2017. Before it is actually released there are too many unknowns. But after that I expect it's active lifespan to be way longer than FO4 as the VR space is less crowded. 

VR in general opens brand new possibilities and presents brand new problems. Exploring both will take some time, imagination and enthusiasm. FO4VR will be one of the good possibilities for that. And indeed the approach to the in-game sex will be a bit different. Everything in VR is made to be more involving for the actual player. So yes, if you want a lower level view you need to actually duck in real life. Or you can move a step or two in some direction in order to get a different view angle. Or you can actually lie on the floor and look under the skirts of your settlers. It is all about the presence and involvement. And yes, teleportation is bad, this is one of the problems that need to be fixed sooner or later.

I expect to see in future different mods that will take advantage of all that in unexpected and interesting ways. One type of mods that will definitely benefit are the bdsm mods. Look at this video. You have your hands tracked, you can bring pain to your prisoners in many different ways. Outside of the violence, you can do stuff like fingering or fisting, or playing helicopter with the schlongs of the male NPC... Imagine you have the player's hand as a model with collision and the NPC bodies with collision. 

FO4VR i expected in the first half of 2017. Before it is actually released there are too many unknowns. But after that I expect it's active lifespan to be way longer than FO4 as the VR space is less crowded. 

About the teleportation thing, I believe it's not a definitive solution for VR in general but the best thing available for modern VR. Teleporting the player is the best way to make him able to move "without moving" considering motion-sickness, as any steady controller/wasd movement would be rejected by the brain of most people. So although it's not the ideal solution it's the best we can do. I expect this to be an option nonetheless, if not directly available in the menu then one we can enable with mods.

About the actual effects of your hands... Well, sorry to be that guy but this will probably never happen in Fallout. After a year, we barely broke the basis of what we can do to make a body giggle on its own, and it's highly probable hand-to-NPC contact will be a thing we need to add to the game ourselves (i.e. it won't be in the base game). We will be able to have some "scenes" though, but nothing as realistic as you might expect from normal VR.

Now, once again the Bethesda team could surprise us. They gave us a huge treat with the introduction of behavior subgraph extensions in the CK, and lent us a hand by adding shackles and stuff in the base game, making things like TD arguably easier to conceive. If they introduce a way for the player to interact with his surrounding and have the NPC react to it based on the place impacted, i'd be both really surprised and impressed.

So, short-term the best we can expect in FO4VR is what we already have in Fallout nowadays : some sex mods (maybe even SexTec at some point) that run animations, some bondage furniture, a slavery framework (and maybe player slavery at some point... please ? :P ), all of which concerns the NPC more than the player. Then, anything further advanced would require a community effort so huge I don't expect to see it happen on FO4 (based on its past), and I don't expect to see it succeed in (the speculated) TESVI-VR.

[...]

My personal opinion is that the teleportation is something the game designers do in order to not lose potential customers. The VR sickness, just like the sea sickness, is here to stay. They are the same thing - there is an inconsistency in the info your brain is getting. It is a problem for some people and completely non-existent with others. The solution is to organize your first VR experiences correctly, not to push youself, and to be ready to live for a week  with headaches and dizziness. Then you will get your "VR legs" and everything will be fine. Many people don't feel it at all, it depends on how lucky you are. 

Bethesda says the whole game will be in the VR version. This does include melee fights and unarmed. But we need to see how exactly it will be implemented. But I guess if the unarmed fight would work then would also the BDSM example I was talking about. 

It is true that I was thinking mostly about the state of the Skyrim modding at the moment when talking about the possibilities. But the interest in FO4VR will be way longer than the flat game. We can expect the player base for it to slowly build up in the next few years. It is a longer term thing, so there is time enough :-)

Something I'm curious about as far as how this would work. Unlike Skyrim the main character has voiced dialog so would we need a mod to to silence them or is that been factored already for Sex-Tec?  At least as far as something like Eager NPCs for Fallout 4 where it would be required to have dialog. Or am asking in the wrong thread?

Something I'm curious about as far as how this would work. Unlike Skyrim the main character has voiced dialog so would we need a mod to to silence them or is that been factored already for Sex-Tec?  At least as far as something like Eager NPCs for Fallout 4 where it would be required to have dialog. Or am asking in the wrong thread?

Silencing an actor is not a problem. Also if it is the player.

Be aware that sounds in SexLab are not related to voices, they are just sound files played pretty much randomly.

Unrelated to the voice types.

So for now we're stuck with rugs and guns to activate animations?

I believe that there is two ways. Either you use an idle keyword, or you link the animation to another thing (either guns, consumables, or an in-world object). A modder also came up with an idea of using an invisible consumable and giving/activating it on the wanted actor to launch the animation via script without using a keyword (see the conversation here).

This is one of the reasons that CPU is waiting for F4SE/FO4SE, to lift this limitation.

Archived