SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

I'm hype for this. I can just feel it. 2017 IS the year for the Fallout sex mods to start rolling in. If time proves me to be wrong....then I shall look at this post (one year from now) and I shall look with a steely gaze of defeat. 

Well, let's find out........

1. Pappy needs a new pair of shoes in F4SE.

2. SexTech has to be written, tested & then released.

3. Supporting software has to be written, tested & released.

4. Animations have to be made.

5. Finally we get to my part, actually making the mod. Note that parts 1-4 **MUST** be in place BEFORE I can make the mod.

Anyone else stop playing this game till the first sex mod arrives?

I played the main quest and I stopped playing because I saw so many potential for sex mods that I think it would be worth to wait. But I'm just doing that because I have many games to play.

If someone tell me that we won't ever have sex mods,  I'd start playing F4 again because it's a great game.

Anyone else stop playing this game till the first sex mod arrives?

No, I've been busy blowing everything to hell.......

The institute.

Children of Atom.

........and shooting the bad guys........

The Raider Bosses at Nuka-World.

Various criminal enclaves.

....and leading strategic strikes.

Like the synth settlement in Far Harbor.

:)

I'm hype for this. I can just feel it. 2017 IS the year for the Fallout sex mods to start rolling in. If time proves me to be wrong....then I shall look at this post (one year from now) and I shall look with a steely gaze of defeat. 

5. Finally we get to my part, actually making the mod. Note that parts 1-4 **MUST** be in place BEFORE I can make the mod.

Why do you keep saying that animations need to be made? I've seen a couple of threads already with people working on animations, and that have already put out a few working animations for testing. True, there aren't TONS of animations out yet, but there are a few already finished, or at least under development.

On that note... it sucks the Leito has apparently stopped modding.

i think the guys working on this know what they are talking about..so if they say they need something then they need it.as for me i am just waiting to play fo4 my way once they are done with the hard work.thank you guys for all the hard work so i can enjoy fo4 my way  :D

Why do you keep saying that animations need to be made? I've seen a couple of threads already with people working on animations, and that have already put out a few working animations for testing. True, there aren't TONS of animations out yet, but there are a few already finished, or at least under development.

On that note... it sucks the Leito has apparently stopped modding.

I wonder how hard it would be to port over the animations from Skyrim. That would save a lot of work.

I wonder how hard it would be to port over the animations from Skyrim. That would save a lot of work.

As long as you´re having the raw motion data it should be possible.

Not sure wether the differences between the skeletons would cause trouble or not, but i think its not going to be just copy pasta...

Not sure wether the differences between the skeletons would cause trouble or not, but i think its not going to be just copy pasta...

Of course not. But It should be easier than making them from scratch surely? (I have NO modding experience, so IDK)

Of course not. But It should be easier than making them from scratch surely? (I have NO modding experience, so IDK)

Not ultimatly.

Editing the old animation to fit the new skeleton would not only be tedious work no one really wants to do, but could be more work than doing everything from scratch too.

But i haven´t looked at that stuff, so chances are it´s less work than i think.

Fallout 4 Animation Kit (F4AK)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/?

This KIT includes:

-Detailed guide on working with Fallout 4 animations in PDF format. Both import and export are covered.

-Almost all tools and plugins you need to export or import animations. If something is not included you can find a download link in the guide.

-Preset files for HCT, including rig.txt files and .hko settings files.

-Scenes and rigs for 3ds max for Human character. In later version will add other rigs as well.

-Deathclaw skeleton and mesh in max format, but its not quite correct, there just an example.

F4Biped Animation Rig

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16691/?

This animation kit allows you to create new animations for the Fallout 4 for the first and third person and import vanilla animation.

Custom Script Engine - Four Dragon

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5704/?

This is the custom script engine for Fallout4 which allows to use Papyrus script events and functions in 3rd party plugins written in any .NET language (C#, VB).

FO4 - Shader - Global Version

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8374/?

A Shader/Material to preview your assets in your favorite modeling DCCP Software viewport in real-time, so you don't spend needless hours reloading/restarting the game to preview changes.

xEdit Serialize Script

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9814/?

This is very very handy for analyzing all the records that make up an ESP/ESM.

For instance, I can export an entire mod out to YAML and see how it's built.

No clues of the previous (random) post.

But I can confirm that people are working.

And a few posts are done by the modders the are actually working on this.

Not ultimatly.

Editing the old animation to fit the new skeleton would not only be tedious work no one really wants to do, but could be more work than doing everything from scratch too.

But i haven´t looked at that stuff, so chances are it´s less work than i think.

It is more tedious. A tool might be able to automatically convert some bones, like the upper arm or the lower leg and such, but if their placement changed the least bit, the result will be off. You'll get legs that wobble, arms moving through the shoulderbone, stretched necks, that kind of stuff.

Bones and nodes added to the new skeleton (fingers & toes, facial bones, additional spinal bones, dual bones for the lower arm, etc), which the old skeleton didn't have, won't be converted and are a big pain to interpolate or extrapolate, if that is even possible. Generally, you can always spot the quality difference between such a "ported" animation, and the same motion re-animated from scratch for the new skeleton.

Converted animations might work to some degree as placeholders, to fill the library until good replacements get developed. But in general, you'd want to stay clear from them.

[sNIP]

It is more tedious. A tool might be able to automatically convert some bones, like the upper arm or the lower leg and such, but if their placement changed the least bit, the result will be off. You'll get legs that wobble, arms moving through the shoulderbone, stretched necks, that kind of stuff.

Bones and nodes added to the new skeleton (fingers & toes, facial bones, additional spinal bones, dual bones for the lower arm, etc), which the old skeleton didn't have, won't be converted and are a big pain to interpolate or extrapolate, if that is even possible. Generally, you can always spot the quality difference between such a "ported" animation, and the same motion re-animated from scratch for the new skeleton.

Converted animations might work to some degree as placeholders, to fill the library until good replacements get developed. But in general, you'd want to stay clear from them.

Really? Shame. That could of really helped out the process.

I really wish I could help out. But have no idea how to even mod in a brick.

i am looking at 3d-max right now..seeing what tools i need to animate in skyrim... then i am going to start reading all i can about the fallout 4 engine. so maybe i can start doing my own things.. i think its for the best if i understand all this a bit more

I had to delete 3D Max......When I upgraded my hardware & upgraded to Windows 10, 3D Max insisted it was a different computer & wanted me to pay $4,000 USD.

Obviously, I kinda got upset at that, & deleted it. I use Blender now, but I can't get Blender to recognize the NIF Plug-ins.

Grrrrr........

:angry:

(Note that 3D Max was the ONLY software that did this. All other software were fine with my changes).

i am looking at 3d-max right now..seeing what tools i need to animate in skyrim... then i am going to start reading all i can about the fallout 4 engine. so maybe i can start doing my own things.. i think its for the best if i understand all this a bit more

I had to delete 3D Max......When I upgraded my hardware & upgraded to Windows 10, 3D Max insisted it was a different computer & wanted me to pay $4,000 USD.

Obviously, I kinda got upset at that, & deleted it. I use Blender now, but I can't get Blender to recognize the NIF Plug-ins.

Grrrrr........

(Note that 3D Max was the ONLY software that did this. All other software were fine with my changes).

Wait, wasn't that 3DMax's licence was base on personal but not workstation? Why it still want to rob you like that?

Grrrrr........

When I upgraded my hardware I had the same issue.

2 ways to solve: use the License Transfer Utility, or just reinstall with same license over the default install.

Grrrrr........

What version are you using ?? you do know there is a free student version ??

if you want to tranfer your 3ds max to new pc you need the tool called license transfer tool :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/manage-licensing/transfer-licenses/license-transfer-utility/online-transfer-using-ltu

Hopes this helps.

Student licenses can be transferred to another computer.  If necessary, you can reactivate as well but that might require some direct contact with AutoDesk if you have activated several times (not a big deal - as long as you are straight forward, skip over critical information, etc., they'll walk you through it).  As far as I know, you cannot have multiple computers using the same license at the same time with a student license; this is limited to Subscription customers with the "home use" provision.

Shouldn't it be possible to trigger simple paired animations through dialog at the moment? SSE is doing this even without access to a script extender. Forgive my ignorance if there's an obvious reason this can't be done in FO4.

I was thinking about this, actually. MMAppetizer shows it can be done with vanilla animations, and there are plenty of guns and mats that can trigger animations as well. As far as I can tell we can use .bat files to list custom animations and their triggers, and it's possible to attach them to holotapes and dialogue triggers. If we use a timer and priority system, such as the one used for NPCs for farming or other such tasks, it's possible to duct tape together a proto-framework. It'd also give people a chance to work on things like positioning, animation timers, mesh deform, and other things.

Archived