SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

At this point, I wouldn't blame the team for walking out.

A lot of you are asking the same questions over and over again. If you read back in the responses most of this has been answered many times before. In short, they are stalled, and for good reasons which they have answered time and time again to some very accusing and very rude comments. 

So if their answers seem a bit more direct at this point... can you frigging blame them? Seriously, they are working hard to give us something free. It's not like we are kickstarter backers or paying fans waiting on a DLC... we are lurkers waiting to get our rocks off to a sex mod. Good grief, give these guys a break! Right now,  a "Why don't you do it yourself" response is a valid one IMO.

What this guy^ said. The impatient whiners can go ahead and whine. I'm just going to play "Oldrim" and some other games in the mean time.

Progress will be made eventually.

Good Idea!

But, please, tell me: how you can read custom ini files, in-game, without the extender?

As far as I know, there isn't a way without an extender. I was thinking down the road when it is possible. 

I, personally, would really like to have the settings available in game. Maybe have a holotape that is directly tied to the inis (assuming that's ever a possibility). I'm a freak for tweaking, so needing to close the game or even alt/tab to mess with settings would be a bummer. That said, I'd be grateful for whatever framework/mod(s) I could get my hands on. 

I hear you. I'm probably outnumbered by people who want an MCM.

BUT, I think they are better even in your case. You spend all of that time tweaking settings. Only to have to set it all back up again when you start a new game. If you get it how you want in your ini, your settings will survive and you don't have to re-do it.

I do think there are occasionally settings that could be much better in game. One-off holotypes like you mention would be fine for those cases imo.

If you mean my response to @pipdude, please be aware that he is one of the most active guys.

And he has my full respect.

I was probably too much sarcastic in my answer, I just hope to have not produced an offense. If offense has been taken, then I will apologize for my behavior.

Heh. It's all good.

You probably deleted the really bad part before I could see it! ;)

Can the "SetVehicle" function be used with the animations that already exist for FO4, or do they need to be made with the function in mind?

Also, what is it that's actually being set as the vehicle?

the "setVeichle" function is used to lock an actor to a specific ObjectReference.

Usually is just an invisible marker created on the fly.

It is used to have the actor locked in a specific position, so it will not lose the alignment while the animation is played.

It has nothing to do with the actual animations.

And the function works pretty well in FO4, already tested.

So any form of alternate suggestion will basically lead back to why don't you do it yourself?

LOL

It's nothing but advice ether take it or don't no need for animosity.

maybe it will be better if idea be posted in idea thread rather then snatch this thread with idea thread. This way only relevent posts are posted in here about progression on how this mod currently state is or temp lock it for normal user and only moderator posts porgression when stuff gets released reopen this thread again.

So any form of alternate suggestion will basically lead back to why don't you do it yourself?

LOL

It's nothing but advice ether take it or don't no need for animosity.

maybe it will be better if idea be posted in idea thread rather then snatch this thread with idea thread. This way only relevent posts are posted in here about progression on how this mod currently state is or temp lock it for normal user and only moderator posts porgression when stuff gets released reopen this thread again.

Hey No arguments here.

The point I'm making is the community as a whole is making no progress at all because they are relying on this particular framework to be the one and only sex mod. This is partially because when Skyrim first started off there were maybe 3 or 4 sex mods and nothing was compatible. So people decided to make a framework instead. However, people forget that it takes time for things like a framework, there are many, many, trials and errors AND alot of animations from other mods incorporated into one big mod. It took ALOT of people's collective efforts to produce sexlab. But this generation, instead of innovation, they throw up their hands and say oh well, and then the modding scene dies as a result. Crazy and team are the only ones putting any effort in, the rest are waiting in a cryostasis for a framework that may never ever happen.

TL;DR

Skyrim has spoiled people, you forget the old days before sexlab

Can the "SetVehicle" function be used with the animations that already exist for FO4, or do they need to be made with the function in mind?

Also, what is it that's actually being set as the vehicle?

CPU already answered well. But, I'll add a few points.

Animations do not need to be made for setVehicle. Once locked onto a "vehicle" it allows characters to clip through each other while animating without changing their positions.

The way I've seen the mount object done is as a "STATIC" object with a blank bitmap. You can look at the source for Sexlab to see how it is set up.

The point I'm making is the community as a whole is making no progress at all because they are relying on this particular framework to be the one and only sex mod. This is partially because when Skyrim first started off there were maybe 3 or 4 sex mods and nothing was compatible. So people decided to make a framework instead. However, people forget that it takes time for things like a framework, there are many, many, trials and errors AND alot of animations from other mods incorporated into one big mod. It took ALOT of people's collective efforts to produce sexlab. But this generation, instead of innovation, they throw up their hands and say oh well, and then the modding scene dies as a result. Crazy and team are the only ones putting any effort in, the rest are waiting in a cryostasis for a framework that may never ever happen.

TL;DR

A bit pessimistic. But, I think there is some truth to this.

If no sex mod had ever been made, there would be no reason to wait for anything, right?

But, that only looks at it from the users perspective. From the authors perspective, the interest/fun is in thinking about what next-level features can be added this time around. And if the tools needed to get there aren't ready yet, it's harder to get into. Like starting something that you know you will only be able to get half-way done. The audience might be happy to have half. But, it's annoying for a coder to have to stop the project and then get it all set back up at a later time.

(EDIT: I'm not speaking for the Sextec team. Just putting this out there as one possible reason the process looks different than before.)

TL;DR

so.. going backwards is innovation? - Tim cook wants his book of bullshit back NOTE: sarcasm intended

just because YOU don't see anything does not mean it's not getting done

the framework WILL happen. the modders on the project are not nexus modders, they don't give up because someone looked at them funny - there is a clear idea of what the framework should be like and it WILL take lessons from the work done on sexlab and from what CPU has said in this very thread they already have an idea of how they will make it better than sexlab from a technical point of view.

TL;DR the wait is not pointless, it gives the team time to iron out the core idea and improve it

Whip out yer cameras, folks.........I'll never say this again.

"I am an idiot"

YEP! I'm an idiot. Had I simply scrolled down the steam main page, I'd have found out that what we have is a PRE-RELEASE of Fallout 4, and that Fallout 4 is STILL IN BETA!!

......version 1.9, I think......(Yup, just checked).

That explains WHY there is no finished F4SE.

That explains why they went ahead with Skyrim SE.

In fact, it explains EVERYTHING.

So, this thread is kinda jumping the gun, really.

And Bethesda is LITERALLY still working on Fallout 4 AS WE SPEAK.

So everyone relax & have a Nuka-Cola!

:D

Whip out yer cameras, folks.........I'll never say this again.

"I am an idiot"

YEP! I'm an idiot. Had I simply scrolled down the steam main page, I'd have found out that what we have is a PRE-RELEASE of Fallout 4, and that Fallout 4 is STILL IN BETA!!

......version 1.9, I think......(Yup, just checked).

That explains WHY there is no finished F4SE.

That explains why they went ahead with Skyrim SE.

In fact, it explains EVERYTHING.

So, this thread is kinda jumping the gun, really.

And Bethesda is LITERALLY still working on Fallout 4 AS WE SPEAK.

So everyone relax & have a Nuka-Cola!

:D

If Beth was still working on Fallout 4 that would be somewhat relieving, that would mean that the game could still be greatly improved upon.

But, unfortunately I know this is a joke, lol.

In the last build we have:

Actor.GetWornItem() -> Useful.

ActorBase.GetTemplate() -> Useless for us.

ActorBase.HasHeadPartOverlays() -> Useless for us.
ActorBase.GetHeadParts() -> Useless for us.
ActorBase.GetOutfit() -> Useless for us.
BodyGen.* -> Useless for us.
Game.GetCurrentConsoleRef() -> Useless for us.
HeadPart.* -> Useless for us.
Math.* -> Helpful but not critical.
ObjectReference.GetAllMods() -> Useless for us.
ScriptObject.RegisterForKey() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.UnregisterForKey() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.OnKeyDown() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.OnKeyUp() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.RegisterForControl() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.UnregisterForControl() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.OnControlDown() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.OnControlUp() -> Helpful but not critical.

Still far away from what we may need.

If Beth was still working on Fallout 4 that would be somewhat relieving, that would mean that the game could still be greatly improved upon.

Version 1.9 of Fallout 4 is now out.......Where did it come from? Oh, it came from the Beta Testing......

Derp!

:lol:

Oh, and I went to Silverlock & there is NO UPDATE. Supposedly it was there, but when I went just now, it is gone. Could it be that they will FINALLY include the papyrus?

EDIT: I got it, it's back up......I'll install it immediately & test it.

In the last build we have:

Actor.GetWornItem() -> Useful.

ActorBase.GetTemplate() -> Useless for us.

ActorBase.HasHeadPartOverlays() -> Useless for us.
ActorBase.GetHeadParts() -> Useless for us.
ActorBase.GetOutfit() -> Useless for us.
BodyGen.* -> Useless for us.
Game.GetCurrentConsoleRef() -> Useless for us.
HeadPart.* -> Useless for us.
Math.* -> Helpful but not critical.
ObjectReference.GetAllMods() -> Useless for us.
ScriptObject.RegisterForKey() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.UnregisterForKey() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.OnKeyDown() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.OnKeyUp() -> Useful.
ScriptObject.RegisterForControl() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.UnregisterForControl() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.OnControlDown() -> Helpful but not critical.
ScriptObject.OnControlUp() -> Helpful but not critical.

Still far away from what we may need.

Hey! That's an improvement. What is still needed?

:)

Version 1.9 of Fallout 4 is now out.......Where did it come from? Oh, it came from the Beta Testing......

Derp!

:lol:

Oh, and I went to Silverlock & there is NO UPDATE. Supposedly it was there, but when I went just now, it is gone. Could it be that they will FINALLY include the papyrus?

EDIT: I got it, it's back up......I'll install it immediately & test it.

It was on the forum page, not in f4se's release page.

And according to the update log, seems there is some kind of papyrus related function update in f4se 0.3.0 (which is for Fallout4 1.9.4)

It was on the forum page, not in f4se's release page.

And according to the update log, seems there is some kind of papyrus related function update in f4se 0.3.0 (which is for Fallout4 1.9.4)

I already posted the full detailed list of the papyrus stuff.

Including comments if they are useful or not for SexTec.

And, please be aware that I check the new versions of F4SE right away.

I don't need 25 posts telling: a new version of F4SE is out!

Thank you, appreciated, but pretty much useless.

Archived