Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

So a lot of peeps seem to have problems juggling the limited nr of slots in PAHE and HSH. I've been working on a system with virtually unlimited slaves, with a limited amount=50 being active in a given cell. However in practice the process of moving many fully functional slaves from inactive to active state seems to be a bit much for the Skyrim engine.

As an alternative I'd like to add a way to "park" slaves. A slave in HSH (potentially also PAHE) could be given a command and would enter into a somewhat simple sandbox routine, freeing up a slot. Some stuff would still be possible like sandbox around the cell, go into a random furniture, sleep, follow the player, but it would be purely driven by player commands and a simple package, no scripting. The amount of such parked slaves could be unlimited, but parked slaves in the same cell over a certain limit (say 50) would be literally frozen and do nothing at all. In practice you wouldn't want to stuff 50 slaves into a single space anyway probably, so the limit would rarely if ever be apparent. The performance of this system seems to be good so far (it's what And You Get A Slave uses)

This could work as a separate mod, and I much prefer it over increasing the hard limit of slaves in HSH (which is a lot of work...). Thoughts?

So a lot of peeps seem to have problems juggling the limited nr of slots in PAHE and HSH. I've been working on a system with virtually unlimited slaves, with a limited amount=50 being active in a given cell. However in practice the process of moving many fully functional slaves from inactive to active state seems to be a bit much for the Skyrim engine.

As an alternative I'd like to add a way to "park" slaves. A slave in HSH (potentially also PAHE) could be given a command and would enter into a somewhat simple sandbox routine, freeing up a slot. Some stuff would still be possible like sandbox around the cell, go into a random furniture, sleep, follow the player, but it would be purely driven by player commands and a simple package, no scripting. The amount of such parked slaves could be unlimited, but parked slaves in the same cell over a certain limit (say 50) would be literally frozen and do nothing at all. In practice you wouldn't want to stuff 50 slaves into a single space anyway probably, so the limit would rarely if ever be apparent. The performance of this system seems to be good so far (it's what And You Get A Slave uses)

This could work as a separate mod, and I much prefer it over increasing the hard limit of slaves in HSH (which is a lot of work...). Thoughts?

Personally it would suit my needs (i like using slaves as decor) if the slaves would be "parked" with a method similar to what display model 2 does.Could even use that mod as an addon if darkconsole would allow it. Would be even better if the (DM2)"i need you to do something..." would be expanded to include all available furniture, like milkpumps for example...

Although , seriously, i never had any issues with the number of slots.

pahe already has this type of system i've noticed no papyrus impact at all for tied slaves - crammed close to 50 in the same room with no impact, but the number of slaves that are set to follow seriously effects the performance in pahe. don't know yet if sandboxing effects in pahe like follow does, but if my next theory holds true then likely sandboxing is close to the same impact as tied. the next theory i'm working on with another tester is that follower frameworks have an impact on the number of slaves that can follow before papyrus gets heavy- i've noticed that aft seems to have a limit of about 5 to 8 (in addition to its default 5 followers), depending on the performance of the pc while eff users seem to be reporting far greater numbers of slaves following as tho the "current follower" faction is being effected by those mods and pahe slaves will indeed fall under that category of the "current follower" faction for slaves told to follow

additionally the number of slaves held in pahe will effect the speed of enslavement - this is becuz of the arrays that were made for that purpose (atleast in theory that was why blabla added those arrays that layam never had). as the number of slaves increases so does the size of the array index so if you have no slaves and you're getting 1, the process is done quickly at the first point in the array, but if you have 127 slaves then you'll need to wait for the process to count thru the entire array structure counting to 128. in theory the arrays were made to lower the impact on papyrus so those first slaves would have next to no impact at all...

Personally it would suit my needs (i like using slaves as decor) if the slaves would be "parked" with a method similar to what display model 2 does.Could even use that mod as an addon if darkconsole would allow it. Would be even better if the (DM2)"i need you to do something..." would be expanded to include all available furniture, like milkpumps for example...

i'm unfamiliar with the mod you speak of, but familiar with the author - darkconsole is a great guy if you need any help talking with him about it

pahe already has this type of system i've noticed no papyrus impact at all for tied slaves - crammed close to 50 in the same room with no impact, but the number of slaves that are set to follow seriously effects the performance in pahe. don't know yet if sandboxing effects in pahe like follow does, but if my next theory holds true then likely sandboxing is close to the same impact as tied. the next theory i'm working on with another tester is that follower frameworks have an impact on the number of slaves that can follow before papyrus gets heavy- i've noticed that aft seems to have a limit of about 5 to 8 (in addition to its default 5 followers), depending on the performance of the pc while eff users seem to be reporting far greater numbers of slaves following as tho the "current follower" faction is being effected by those mods and pahe slaves will indeed fall under that category of the "current follower" faction for slaves told to follow

additionally the number of slaves held in pahe will effect the speed of enslavement - this is becuz of the arrays that were made for that purpose (atleast in theory that was why blabla added those arrays that layam never had). as the number of slaves increases so does the size of the array index so if you have no slaves and you're getting 1, the process is done quickly at the first point in the array, but if you have 127 slaves then you'll need to wait for the process to count thru the entire array structure counting to 128. in theory the arrays were made to lower the impact on papyrus so those first slaves would have next to no impact at all...

i'm unfamiliar with the mod you speak of, but familiar with the author - darkconsole is a great guy if you need any help talking with him about it

No no , i was just a suggestion for Musje. I don't plan on using DM2 for anything other than, err... playing with it. Besides my scripting knowledge is like -2 (what was it? Not in that faction?) so i couldn't if i wanted to ;)

That said, if either Musje or CliftonJD needs help with anything OTHER than scripting... (houses,armors,meshes,textures,navmeshing,bodysliding etc.) i can be of service.

No no , i was just a suggestion for Musje. I don't plan on using DM2 for anything other than, err... playing with it. Besides my scripting knowledge is like -2 (what was it? Not in that faction?) so i couldn't if i wanted to ;)

That said, if either Musje or CliftonJD needs help with anything OTHER than scripting... (houses,armors,meshes,textures,navmeshing,bodysliding etc.) i can be of service.

lol, that's ok...the question about what mod dm2 is was at you, but the rest of the response talking with him about it was indeed directed at musje ;)

In PAHE it is trained by leaving a slave tied up for a good while. In HSH you can train it by ordering a slave to pose. As the slave gains pose training, more poses and dances are unlocked (including table dances)

How do you leave a slave tied up?(By PAHE Means, I know the HSH Posing) Is there a specific dialogue I should be looking for? I just can't figure it out...  :s

In PAHE it is trained by leaving a slave tied up for a good while. In HSH you can train it by ordering a slave to pose. As the slave gains pose training, more poses and dances are unlocked (including table dances)

How do you leave a slave tied up?(By PAHE Means, I know the HSH Posing) Is there a specific dialogue I should be looking for? I just can't figure it out...  :s

"I'm going to make sure you stay here"

That was one of the easier questions to answer...

Aah, yes, I've followed that dialogue option before, nothin' happened so, I just thought it was somethin' else.

Aah, yes, I've followed that dialogue option before, nothin' happened so, I just thought it was somethin' else.

You should get a list of choices on how to restrain them, based on what you have in inventory. I always add iron cuffs.

Note: Training goes faster if the slave is restrained.

You should get a list of choices on how to restrain them, based on what you have in inventory. I always add iron cuffs.

Note: Training goes faster if the slave is restrained.

Nice, I'm gonna try that.

Is there a safe way to uninstall this mod? I can't seem to find an uninstall option in the MCM menu, or uninstall instructions in the description.

Safest is what I do.

I have a Mod Organizer profile called Paradise Halls with everything I want in PAHE and HSH. I use that as a clean base when I install PAHE and HSH.

Any time a new version comes out, I roll back to my clean base prior to the PAHE and HSH install.

This never fails.

A question about permanent camps and escapes. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Pinecrest Estate but it's a large estate build in it's own cell. It consist of a main house and a guesthouse for NPCs. I have converted guesthouse into a permanent slave camp and sleeping quarters below it (separate cell) into a dungeon. Guesthouse is located in a kind of a rocky cul-de -sac and the entrance to the  cul-de-sac is guarded by an NPC.

I've brought a trainer and a slave there. Trainer has obedience of 93 and relationship of an "ally". I was glad to see that the trainer was sandboxing a bit (leaving the house, walking around) but she would always return to the training. Than I've started to get messages that she escaped. Now, with Pinecrest, leaving the camp doesn't mean leaving the estate's cell (there is another guard at the only exit from the estate's cell) but she was nowhere to be seen. I've decided to wait just outside and, when I got the message that she escaped, I went in only to see trainee still tied to the wall but there was no trainer. I have her tagged but trying to teleport her to me didn't work and teleporting to her placed me inside of the camp building.

Pinecrest might be an unusual house mod but how does HSH handles escapes? As I understand it, if a slave moves outside of the camp area (escaping or just sandboxing) I get the "slave has escaped" message but does that slave actually goes somewhere or do they just vanish? 

Are you sure the message was about the trainer escaping instead of dying? At 93 obedience they are not even supposed to escape. There is a bug in the camp guard selection that sometimes lets slaves escape even from a guarded camp, but as far as I remember the escape routine won't select any slave over 70. I'll have to have a look at the code for this.

Some posts have been removed. 

If you don't like a mod or what a mod does, don't use it and move on, or mod the game yourself to make it do exactly what you want. If you want to share your opinion, do so in a constructive and respectful manner.

For everyone else:

Report abusive behavior and move on. Dogpiling, calling names and adding to the drama is not a constructive solution, and, worst case, will get you warnings and post-restrictions as well. 

You might have already fixed ths musje but playing on a new save game with the current version available here the noble desires quest doesn't update as it gets stuck at attend an auction stage, i tried it on a new game i started with doing the HSH optional quest as soon as possible (had to become a thane as well which i didn't recall from last time) and on hitting that bit and asking pardo to do the first auction you get informed will start at 12, i waited for a few hours till 11 and then let it run and everything npc wise worked fine but after the auction finished and pardo had given me my money it was still at attend an auction in the journal

After setstaging it to the next stage (wait for auction to finish as i recall) and then again to the end stage (collect money from pardo) and the dialogue to collect was present on pardo and the quest completed.

That shouldn't happen, I'll take a look. Did you have the quest set as optional when you finished it?

The quests always required you to be thane, though.

Yes i ticked it to optional pretty much as soon as i started the game and then played it through - guess i just have a bad memory on the thane bit (to be fair last time i was using a female PC so i might have used the sexlab solutions dialogue to avoid the lengthy part of becoming a thane)

Pinecrest might be an unusual house mod but how does HSH handles escapes? As I understand it, if a slave moves outside of the camp area (escaping or just sandboxing) I get the "slave has escaped" message but does that slave actually goes somewhere or do they just vanish? 

I checked the code for this. If a slave just wanders outside the camp area, they should be teleported back in, it doesn't count as escape.

There was an issue with the guard routine: if you had a slave or follower guarding the camp and removed them, the camp didn't always assign the next eligible slave to guard duty. Also, there was some placeholder code that deleted escaped slaves. Escapees will now return to their former lives. These changes will be in the next release coming shortly.

That shouldn't happen, I'll take a look. Did you have the quest set as optional when you finished it?

Yes i ticked it to optional pretty much as soon as i started the game and then played it through - guess i just have a bad memory on the thane bit (to be fair last time i was using a female PC so i might have used the sexlab solutions dialogue to avoid the lengthy part of becoming a thane)

That explains it. If the quest is made optional. you'll get the auction dialogue for the quest as well as the regular auction dialogue. If you pick the regular one, the quest will not advance.

Not yet sure how to fix this.

That explains it. If the quest is made optional. you'll get the auction dialogue for the quest as well as the regular auction dialogue. If you pick the regular one, the quest will not advance.

Not yet sure how to fix this.

As the quest dialogue will only show up once maybe a unsubtle solution would be adding in brackets after the quest dialogue (quest line) option and then you could list it on the main page as the dialogue to take if you have more than one option available

I checked the code for this. If a slave just wanders outside the camp area, they should be teleported back in, it doesn't count as escape.

There was an issue with the guard routine: if you had a slave or follower guarding the camp and removed them, the camp didn't always assign the next eligible slave to guard duty. Also, there was some placeholder code that deleted escaped slaves. Escapees will now return to their former lives. These changes will be in the next release coming shortly.

Thanks for the reply Musje. Don't know if you had a chance to read my second post before it got deleted so let me repeat it briefly: when i started getting messages about escaped trainer (yes, it was about the escape and not death) I reloaded few times to investigate. I was hoping to see her escaping but couldn't. Finally I parked my PC right outside of the hut where camp marker is placed. I got escape message and went in. Trainee was still chained to the wall and the trainer was nowhere to  be seen. It really looked like she went down the rabbit hole! What am I asking is this: could it be that the quirkiness of Pinecrest Estate does weird things to the HSH routines? 

I moved trainer and trainee to the slave quarters (separate cell) and all works well so far.