Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

On 9/6/2023 at 4:07 AM, Musje said:

How did the slaves break exactly?  Are the PAHE ones broken or the HSH ones or both?

Oh, great question!  Only the PAHE non-HSH slaves break.  Before I capture any slaves, everything is normal.  After capturing PAHE slaves, these slaves function correctly until I save and reload, after which it seems that all of PAHE dialogues display but totally lose functionality, the 'active slaves' list typically goes empty, and no slaves follow me.  By contrast, HSH slaves work perfectly under all circumstances (but slaves must be transferred to HSH during PAHE slaves' window of functionality: before saving and reloading).  I can continue to capture new slaves, and HSH slaves can be transferred to PAHE, but PAHE slaves continue to break after saving and reloading.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:37 AM, Musje said:

It's an odd error, it may have something to do with Skyrim semi-forgetting references when you haven't visited them in a long time. That should not happen with houses or camps though. But the error has the same symptoms: the reference still exists and isn't null (the slave transfer function checks for this), but when you try and access its properties like the name, it comes up blank.  There is a bug in the MCM menu that causes camp location names to be blank (fixed in next version)

What happens when the slaves complete training? Are they transferred or do you get a message that the transfer failed?

I'm not able to reproduce this, using the same versions

Last time it happened the slaves would complete training but they were not transferred to any camps.

If you fail to reproduce the error then it has to be something with my Skyrim. :)

Many thanks for your time, troubles and most of all your hard work making these mods for us. :)

On 9/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, Tj3 said:

Hey getting some errors when running dyndoload:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if its bad or can be ignored. Just wanted to let you know.

No idea what that means or if it's bad, I'll have to look into that

19 hours ago, ez2kill said:

Oh, great question!  Only the PAHE non-HSH slaves break.  Before I capture any slaves, everything is normal.  After capturing PAHE slaves, these slaves function correctly until I save and reload, after which it seems that all of PAHE dialogues display but totally lose functionality, the 'active slaves' list typically goes empty, and no slaves follow me.  By contrast, HSH slaves work perfectly under all circumstances (but slaves must be transferred to HSH during PAHE slaves' window of functionality: before saving and reloading).  I can continue to capture new slaves, and HSH slaves can be transferred to PAHE, but PAHE slaves continue to break after saving and reloading.

Can you enable logging and check those logs please?  See what happens when you save and load, then see what happens when you try to interact with them.  If HSH somehow messed up the PAHE scripts, there should be something in the logs

Hello, I may need help for the quest. I delivered 3 slaves to the slave camps after talking to the man in the headhunter inn. But now I am selling the slaves to the camp guards an nothing is happening. I wanna get the tokens but the quest doesn´t end. Do I need to sell a number of slaves or sell slaves to all the mining camps in order to continue the quest?

2 hours ago, josetuturrito said:

Hello, I may need help for the quest. I delivered 3 slaves to the slave camps after talking to the man in the headhunter inn. But now I am selling the slaves to the camp guards an nothing is happening. I wanna get the tokens but the quest doesn´t end. Do I need to sell a number of slaves or sell slaves to all the mining camps in order to continue the quest?

After you sell 3 slaves there will be a delay. At the end of that time you will be set upon by a strange and violent woman. Enslave her and have the dialogue that she uniquely presents. 

As a practical matter I have found it most efficacious to simply stay in the mine where I sold my third slave and mine ore until she attacks. You most certainly don't have to do it that way though.

Edit: and for the record, it's actually 4 slaves you have to sell. One to get it going and three more to finish it.

5 hours ago, Musje said:

Can you enable logging and check those logs please?  See what happens when you save and load, then see what happens when you try to interact with them.  If HSH somehow messed up the PAHE scripts, there should be something in the logs

Ah, okie dokey, but the debug log is generating like 1 megabyte per second while Skyrim runs.  I loaded a save with a PAHE slave already pre-captured, tried (and failed) to tie her up, and then exited the game.  The compressed debug output is attached, but I'm sorry, it's a massive 150 megabytes after expansion!

usvfs-2023-09-10_20-02-38 copy.rar

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

After you sell 3 slaves there will be a delay. At the end of that time you will be set upon by a strange and violent woman. Enslave her and have the dialogue that she uniquely presents. 

As a practical matter I have found it most efficacious to simply stay in the mine where I sold my third slave and mine ore until she attacks. You most certainly don't have to do it that way though.

Edit: and for the record, it's actually 4 slaves you have to sell. One to get it going and three more to finish it.

DUUUUUE, I killed her jajaja

Do you remember her name?

12 hours ago, ez2kill said:

Ah, okie dokey, but the debug log is generating like 1 megabyte per second while Skyrim runs.  I loaded a save with a PAHE slave already pre-captured, tried (and failed) to tie her up, and then exited the game.  The compressed debug output is attached, but I'm sorry, it's a massive 150 megabytes after expansion!

usvfs-2023-09-10_20-02-38 copy.rar 1.64 MB · 1 download

That log looks nasty :/  Are you using MO2, and do you get the same spam if HSH is not installed?  IIRC you can get errors like this if MO2 isn't functioning correctly.  And I can imagine it would stop the game and the mods from functioning correctly as well.

8 hours ago, Musje said:

That log looks nasty :/  Are you using MO2, and do you get the same spam if HSH is not installed?  IIRC you can get errors like this if MO2 isn't functioning correctly.  And I can imagine it would stop the game and the mods from functioning correctly as well.

Ahh, ya, I do get the same spam without HSH, and I am using MO2.  Egg on my face, it's probably a problem unique to me after all.

Hey im having some problems whit the mod, i cant get the mcm to appear or the quests to start, i can do everything else, the items are there, the dialoges are there and so does the restless hunter, anybody know how to fix this?

I allready run loot everytime and i allready tried using the plugin as a dynamic patch.

Im using vortex, but i dont think that makes any difference in this case.

6 hours ago, astor2015 said:

Hey im having some problems whit the mod, i cant get the mcm to appear or the quests to start, i can do everything else, the items are there, the dialoges are there and so does the restless hunter, anybody know how to fix this?

I allready run loot everytime and i allready tried using the plugin as a dynamic patch.

Im using vortex, but i dont think that makes any difference in this case.

fix your load order. no mcm means another nod is  taking over mcm when the mod would start its mcm. sorry to say that if you kept playing with it like that every save is now busted. move the mod higher in load order and restart a new game.

5 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

fix your load order. no mcm means another nod is  taking over mcm when the mod would start its mcm. sorry to say that if you kept playing with it like that every save is now busted. move the mod higher in load order and restart a new game.

allready fixed it, i just flaged the plugin as an early loader and i made sure to not have any missing scripts.

I have a home camp setup, but one my slaves has "died of unnatural causes".

but the game has totally wigged out and the slave is "dying" over and over, this also caused the whole game to basically freeze( things like talking to npcs takes 30+ seconds to process)

now I have two problems with potential fixes.

if I remove the mod the save won't load so I can't try to fix it that way

secondly

the MCM doesn't load. it takes like multiple minutes to even process that there are MCM's at all, then when you click a MCM it takes a few more minutes

and it won't even load the info/options menu to try and debug.

any ideas or console commands to hotfix this?

additionally the slave that's dying doesn't appear anywhere in the home or in surrounding maps.

Edit: I got it, delete the camp/house/cell. it will try to forceably move all the slaves back to DOM or PAHE

it took like....6-7hrs of waiting around and letting the game load, and crashed more than once but saving a lot finally got it through all the slaves and it deleted my broken slave.

Edited by Nitefighter

I'm fairly certain I installed this properly, but for whatever reason, HSH doesn't show up in my MCM yet AYGAS does. I'm fairly certain that I can still use HSH things but that is it, no MCM for it to interact with.

I've already tried moving HSH above AYGAS in my load order. Reloaded the game and it still doesn't show up. I'll try an new game and see how that works, maybe that's all I need.

EDIT: Nope, unfortunately moving the ESP did nothing. AYGAS doesn't even seem to be registering that HSH is installed.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Efgad

mcm dont appear is cause some other mod is reserving the time when hsh and such goes to start its mcm. and fyi if you started a game and ignored that the mcm is missing that ame is forever broken. theonly way to fix is a new game.
first move HSH higher in load order til mcm shows along with making sure to do the  mcm reset command to see if shows. if doesnt show with either keep moving it higher till it shows

On 9/19/2023 at 6:45 AM, Nitefighter said:

I have a home camp setup, but one my slaves has "died of unnatural causes".

but the game has totally wigged out and the slave is "dying" over and over, this also caused the whole game to basically freeze( things like talking to npcs takes 30+ seconds to process)

now I have two problems with potential fixes.

if I remove the mod the save won't load so I can't try to fix it that way

secondly

the MCM doesn't load. it takes like multiple minutes to even process that there are MCM's at all, then when you click a MCM it takes a few more minutes

and it won't even load the info/options menu to try and debug.

any ideas or console commands to hotfix this?

additionally the slave that's dying doesn't appear anywhere in the home or in surrounding maps.

Edit: I got it, delete the camp/house/cell. it will try to forceably move all the slaves back to DOM or PAHE

it took like....6-7hrs of waiting around and letting the game load, and crashed more than once but saving a lot finally got it through all the slaves and it deleted my broken slave.

Glad you managed to fix the save. "Died of unnatural causes" can mean that something in the area attacked the slave and killed it.

What do you mean by "dying over and over"?  HSH doesn't do anything special when a slave dies, other than showing that message and removing him from the roster. Maybe a glitch in the game itself, or something caused by DOM or PAHE (the onboarding function for those modes can "clone" a slave by killing him).  I've never observed this behavior though. 

On 9/24/2023 at 10:08 PM, Efgad said:

I'm fairly certain I installed this properly, but for whatever reason, HSH doesn't show up in my MCM yet AYGAS does. I'm fairly certain that I can still use HSH things but that is it, no MCM for it to interact with.

I've already tried moving HSH above AYGAS in my load order. Reloaded the game and it still doesn't show up. I'll try an new game and see how that works, maybe that's all I need.

EDIT: Nope, unfortunately moving the ESP did nothing. AYGAS doesn't even seem to be registering that HSH is installed.

Capture.PNG

The load order should not matter all that much. I'm messing with the mod in the CK regularly, and that moves HSH to the bottom of the load order. Usually I just leave it there, hasn't caused any issues so far. I use SE with a ton of mods, and the Papyrus optimizer thingy (a must have). But I didn't have this problem on LE either.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the MCM not appearing for some people, maybe a timeout issue that gets resolved by moving HSH higher up in the chain. Maybe you can start a new game, see if the MCM shows up, and post a log file.

AYGAS will only see HSH when you install the relevant patch. If you rerun the AYGAS install in your mod manager, you will see an option forthe  HSH patch.

9 hours ago, Musje said:

The load order should not matter all that much. I'm messing with the mod in the CK regularly, and that moves HSH to the bottom of the load order. Usually I just leave it there, hasn't caused any issues so far. I use SE with a ton of mods, and the Papyrus optimizer thingy (a must have). But I didn't have this problem on LE either.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the MCM not appearing for some people, maybe a timeout issue that gets resolved by moving HSH higher up in the chain. Maybe you can start a new game, see if the MCM shows up, and post a log file.

AYGAS will only see HSH when you install the relevant patch. If you rerun the AYGAS install in your mod manager, you will see an option forthe  HSH patch.

I'll try moving both to the bottom of my load order. I do have the patch, at least I assume so as I clicked the check mark to make sure at least one of the two mods had the patch. It's not going to have an ESP/ESL for the patch right?

I'll disable AYGAS and see if simply doing that lets HSH show up on a new game later. As well as do what you suggested. Just to be sure I've got the patch I'm going to reinstall both of the two mods as well before that.

1 hour ago, Efgad said:

I'll try moving both to the bottom of my load order. I do have the patch, at least I assume so as I clicked the check mark to make sure at least one of the two mods had the patch. It's not going to have an ESP/ESL for the patch right?

I'll disable AYGAS and see if simply doing that lets HSH show up on a new game later. As well as do what you suggested. Just to be sure I've got the patch I'm going to reinstall both of the two mods as well before that.

The patch does not install extra esp/esl files (or even touch the existing ones); all it does is replace a couple of scripts. Not installing the patches shouldn't cause any problems with MCM though, you might get problems if you install a patch for a mod you don't have though.

13 hours ago, Musje said:

Glad you managed to fix the save. "Died of unnatural causes" can mean that something in the area attacked the slave and killed it.

What do you mean by "dying over and over"?  HSH doesn't do anything special when a slave dies, other than showing that message and removing him from the roster. Maybe a glitch in the game itself, or something caused by DOM or PAHE (the onboarding function for those modes can "clone" a slave by killing him).  I've never observed this behavior though. 

so yea I fixed that save, and then the save corrupted anyway lol.

so what I mean is in the top left it says "X died of unnatural causes"

and then a few seconds later it went "X died of unnatural causes"

"X died of unnatural causes"

and it did that every few seconds.

Edit: One last thing the slave died in my house...it's possible that a companion or other slave killed them, I've had my fair share of infighting from different mods not playing nice, but I wasn't in the cell at the time so I don't know

and yea, I play with 254 ESP and like 900 ESL so I expect crashes, bugs, and corruption. I was more interested in if it's a well known bug I can fix or just a bug I gotta deal with cause of my load order N stuff

Edited by Nitefighter
18 hours ago, Musje said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with the MCM not appearing for some people, maybe a timeout issue that gets resolved by moving HSH higher up in the chain. Maybe you can start a new game, see if the MCM shows up, and post a log file

the way it was described to me is that  another mods mcm reserves teh data for mcm causing it to fail to run the quest script right for HSH. this in turn perm breaks the quest for mcm for the mod for that game.

moving hsh higher till the mod/mods causing it are below hsh tends to fix it. i had sasme with  Aygas

On 9/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, Nitefighter said:

so yea I fixed that save, and then the save corrupted anyway lol.

so what I mean is in the top left it says "X died of unnatural causes"

and then a few seconds later it went "X died of unnatural causes"

"X died of unnatural causes"

and it did that every few seconds.

Edit: One last thing the slave died in my house...it's possible that a companion or other slave killed them, I've had my fair share of infighting from different mods not playing nice, but I wasn't in the cell at the time so I don't know

and yea, I play with 254 ESP and like 900 ESL so I expect crashes, bugs, and corruption. I was more interested in if it's a well known bug I can fix or just a bug I gotta deal with cause of my load order N stuff

It's not a well known problem. I will look at the code section where that message comes from, and see if there is some looping possibly going on

19 hours ago, Musje said:

It's not a well known problem. I will look at the code section where that message comes from, and see if there is some looping possibly going on

Might I suggest that it sounds to me like the slave died for whatever reason, but was essential at the time, so couldn't die, revived, died again, rinse, repeat.

I can't remember having seen that particular message ("X died of unnatural causes").