When you start the game with a new character you appear in a prison cell. A short distance in front of you should be a statue of a woman, that's the statue of Mara. The LAL bed is just the bed in the same cell.

If you mean the location on the world map it's the Abandoned Prison, which is on the west bank of the river that flows south from Windhelm.

I'm wondering how many starts there are on Solsteim and if we could have 1-3 around Neloth. There could be a DD slave option for sure, I think, but I'm not sure what else thematically fits.  There could be one where you're enslaved not to Neloth himself but his apprentice instead.

Seeing how i restart every couple of days anyway ill beta test to if you'll have me. 

Sure. :)

I'm wondering how many starts there are on Solsteim and if we could have 1-3 around Neloth. There could be a DD slave option for sure, I think, but I'm not sure what else thematically fits.  There could be one where you're enslaved not to Neloth himself but his apprentice instead.

There are, I think, four?

Egg Factory, Expectant Mother, Riekling Shaman, and Raven Rock Prostitute

And that's a good idea. IIRC I forgot to add in a Solstheim "escaped slave" start.

I think there is an "escaped slave from bandits on Solsteim" start that puts you between the ruins that are the exit from the Mine and the town, along the SW coast.

Are Mother and Egg both in that new area you created? (I've never used the start but ran across a new camp of people and a trap door in the ground the other day).

I just got to wondering when I was thinking about the werewolf and Dunmer refugee in Raven Rock starts that LAL includes just how many you had for that area.

I think there is an "escaped slave from bandits on Solsteim" start that puts you between the ruins that are the exit from the Mine and the town, along the SW coast.

Are Mother and Egg both in that new area you created? (I've never used the start but ran across a new camp of people and a trap door in the ground the other day).

I just got to wondering when I was thinking about the werewolf and Dunmer refugee in Raven Rock starts that LAL includes just how many you had for that area.

The Expectant Mother starting cell is pretty close to Raven Rock. About midway between Raven Rock and Kolbjorn Barrow, I think?

The Egg Factory starting cell, I honestly can't remember exactly where the exit is, but it's somewhere north-ish of the Temple of Miraak.

The Riekling Shaman scenario puts you on that island due north of Frossel, and the Raven Rock Prostitute puts you (surprise!) in Raven Rock.

And yep, I did forget that I already put in an Escaped Slave Solstheim start, but there's no problem with adding more. :)

Must have been Mother I stumbled across then.

Since I doubt you can have 2 journal entries and pick one based on whether a mod is present or not, maybe a start as an apprentice to Neloth and with DD installed you're either unwilling or because you're prettier than Talvas (or whatever the ash guardian summoning mook's name is) you got the job of wearing the Devices and running about partially naked.

Without DD you're just an apprentice but still in the job of being "test chick" for anything sexual related. Could have some sex scenes where you have to blow Neloth or Talvus while they concentrate on a spell. Neloth always succeeds and then yells at you for some dumb thing but Talvus fails and either turns blue or .... could use Brelyna's spell to turn you green.

Not like you need another mini-mod to work on :D

Hmm... 1339 people following. Missed 1337 there. Too bad, this mod would have been elite.

Please don't hurt me for that...

Since I doubt you can have 2 journal entries and pick one based on whether a mod is present or not, maybe a start as an apprentice to Neloth and with DD installed you're either unwilling or because you're prettier than Talvas (or whatever the ash guardian summoning mook's name is) you got the job of wearing the Devices and running about partially naked.

Without DD you're just an apprentice but still in the job of being "test chick" for anything sexual related. Could have some sex scenes where you have to blow Neloth or Talvus while they concentrate on a spell. Neloth always succeeds and then yells at you for some dumb thing but Talvus fails and either turns blue or .... could use Brelyna's spell to turn you green.

Actually, multiple journal entries and picking one based on what mod is present is exactly how this mod functions.

Two closer examples - 

• The Arachnophobia scenario will detect both the old and the new version of the mod. I had to do it that way because the .esp files are spelled differently, so the game thinks they're different mods.
  • The Bandit Honeypot scenario has a different journal entry for male and female PCs. I think this is more what you're talking about? Swapping out the "if male, pick A, if female, pick B" for an "if DD installed, pick A, if DD not installed, pick B" sound about right?

Thing is, the next version of DD comes with great modevents (though admittedly I'm having a bit of trouble with them right now). This means that I don't have to make any sort of minimod for it, because I can add devious devices without having to make anything a dependency. That's how the Escaped Slave scenarios work (or rather, how they're supposed to work).

I haven't actually looked at Neloth's tower, but I'm pretty sure there are some things going on there that may be difficult to work around for what you're thinking of, though. For example, some trigger boxes both inside and outside that might make things wonky if you spawn inside the tower first instead of coming in through the door.

I can certainly add some dialogue to either or both Neloth and his apprentice (or anyone, really) where they demand your participation in some sex act, but I'm hesitant to do something like actually force the player to stick around and do so. I honestly haven't done much exploring of the Dragonborn DLC quest structure or code, so this might be anything from "extremely simple" to "very hard" to "extremely simple but will absolutely break your game." I dunno.

Just making a start near the tower is a lot simpler, and less likely to cause any sort of conflict.

If you're still looking for beta testers, I would be interested in testing.

Sure, I've still got like four slots open. :)

A NOTE ON STARTING NEW GAMES BY REUSING A SAVE IN THE LAL CELL:
I know it's a pain in the ass to redo all your MCM settings every time you start a new game, but it's almost guaranteed to cause problems with some mods if you don't. Saving early, i.e. just before talking to the Mara statue, might seem like a good idea, because you haven't really played the game yet - but Skyrim doesn't see it that way. Once you press "new game" from the main menu, stuff is already baked into your save, and it doesn't matter whether you've only been in a jail cell for ten seconds or played for twenty hours. Think about it - once you're in the LAL cell, it's just like if you started the game without LAL and are in the cart on your way to Helgen. You may not have done anything yet, but you have definitely started the game. And most mods initialize everything right when you start the game.

Keeping a save in the LAL cell is perfectly fine only under these conditions:

• You do not remove any mods between uses of that save.
  • You do not update any mods between uses of that save.
  • You do not add any mods between uses of that save, unless the added mod is a] at the end of your load order (i.e. you don't change the order of your mods), and b] the added mod doesn't interfere or integrate with the working of any other mods.
  • Basically, keeping a save in the LAL cell is fine only if you don't touch your load order at all. Since you're only level 1, there should also be no problems with using showracemenu to change your race at this point. *

* probably.

NB: Updating a mod might not seem as bad as removing one, and in general this is true. However, sometimes updates delete, change, or remove things that are already baked into the game. This will lead to the same problem as if you had removed the mod. Updates that only add things are fine, but good luck finding one of those - even a simple "added a new bit of dialogue" will be altering current trees in order to link it properly.

Sorry, using script cleaners don't guarantee that problems will go away. They can help, sure, but they're not magic fix-all solutions.
And remember, instabilities in your game often build up over time, so just because everything seems normal now doesn't mean it'll still be normal when you hit level 10 a few hours from now.

Updated the third post with this too. I'll try to remember to put it on the download page when I update CCAS.

Hmm... 1339 people following. Missed 1337 there. Too bad, this mod would have been elite.

Please don't hurt me for that...

Actually, multiple journal entries and picking one based on what mod is present is exactly how this mod functions.

Two closer examples - 

• The Arachnophobia scenario will detect both the old and the new version of the mod. I had to do it that way because the .esp files are spelled differently, so the game thinks they're different mods.
  • The Bandit Honeypot scenario has a different journal entry for male and female PCs. I think this is more what you're talking about? Swapping out the "if male, pick A, if female, pick B" for an "if DD installed, pick A, if DD not installed, pick B" sound about right?

Thing is, the next version of DD comes with great modevents (though admittedly I'm having a bit of trouble with them right now). This means that I don't have to make any sort of minimod for it, because I can add devious devices without having to make anything a dependency. That's how the Escaped Slave scenarios work (or rather, how they're supposed to work).

I haven't actually looked at Neloth's tower, but I'm pretty sure there are some things going on there that may be difficult to work around for what you're thinking of, though. For example, some trigger boxes both inside and outside that might make things wonky if you spawn inside the tower first instead of coming in through the door.

I can certainly add some dialogue to either or both Neloth and his apprentice (or anyone, really) where they demand your participation in some sex act, but I'm hesitant to do something like actually force the player to stick around and do so. I honestly haven't done much exploring of the Dragonborn DLC quest structure or code, so this might be anything from "extremely simple" to "very hard" to "extremely simple but will absolutely break your game." I dunno.

Just making a start near the tower is a lot simpler, and less likely to cause any sort of conflict.

See, I kinda like that movie, as bad as it is...

and Huh. I thought him/her things could be handled with variables in the text, but I didn't know you could use full if-then-else clauses in dialog options.

Work wise I thought there could either be a dialog option "Do you have any experiments I can help with" kinda thing or a "my belt is getting tight / my plug is done vibrating / that itch is back" line based on something worn. Willing or not, there might be some kind of credit/demerit thing going on: if you help with enough experiments you get some reward/freedom/more/less restraints(depending on if you're a bondage bitch or not?) so there would be incentives outside of a game code that make you want to check in and volunteer every so often.

Not sure, but just enslaving the player to Neloth or Talvas from the start like you did the Orc or the SD quests do could work too maybe, but I was thinking leash issues and little to do in his tower might make that a problem. I had in mind one of his quests to run around with his spell on you and report back with what happens (something about draining your stamina or magicka when you get wet).

Spawning outside might work, or one of the other houses nearby might also be available, depending on where the trigger boxes are.

See, I kinda like that movie, as bad as it is...

and Huh. I thought him/her things could be handled with variables in the text, but I didn't know you could use full if-then-else clauses in dialog options.

Work wise I thought there could either be a dialog option "Do you have any experiments I can help with" kinda thing or a "my belt is getting tight / my plug is done vibrating / that itch is back" line based on something worn. Willing or not, there might be some kind of credit/demerit thing going on: if you help with enough experiments you get some reward/freedom/more/less restraints(depending on if you're a bondage bitch or not?) so there would be incentives outside of a game code that make you want to check in and volunteer every so often.

Not sure, but just enslaving the player to Neloth or Talvas from the start like you did the Orc or the SD quests do could work too maybe, but I was thinking leash issues and little to do in his tower might make that a problem. I had in mind one of his quests to run around with his spell on you and report back with what happens (something about draining your stamina or magicka when you get wet).

Spawning outside might work, or one of the other houses nearby might also be available, depending on where the trigger boxes are.

Oh, you can do all sorts of things in dialogue. And if you can't make it work on a single topic, you can chain them together, with or without allowing the PC to speak between them, to make it work.

You might consider pitching this idea to the DD team too. IIRC I vaguely remember reading that they were planning on taking out the device quests from DDi and turning them into a separate mod, and something like that would be a good addition there. I can't find that post now, though, so I might be way off.

The kind of control I'd want to have for a decent quest, and not just the equipping of generic devices, would require making DD a dependency though. So it would have to be a minimod. I'm not averse to the idea, but I'm putting it on the backburner.

I'm kind of hesitant to enslave the player to Neloth with SD+, because I believe his location changes quite a bit depending on how you get to Solstheim, and it'd be pretty damn irritating to start the game and immediately be punished for being too far away from your master. Even if I figured that out (which would be pretty easy actually), for all I know his AI packages would be prohibitive when SD+ ran over the top of them. I'd want to do some testing, probably in an unmodded game with only SD+, and use the surrender mechanic to check it out first.

Talvas I'm less worried about. I think he only has the one scene guaranteed to run, and I can try to jump past that.

For either of them though, they're in Solstheim, and their walking destinations are going to be in Skyrim. I haven't tried using SD+ on Solstheim, and I wonder how it would handle punishment and transportation what with the restrictive way you get back to Skyrim.

I'm not saying these are insurmountable problems, but they're undoubtedly tedious ones.

My thought was to spawn in the graveyard, and the story would be that you are a failed experiment by Ildari Sarothril instead of Neloth. Like, maybe you were a botched attempt at using a heart stone on a corpse before she figured it out with General Carius. I dunno.

Since I don't play with the DD mods active much the rest of the idea doesn't matter to me, just thought I'd throw it out there as my mind went wandering down the gutter.

I'm not sure what Neloth's teleport triggers are either. I know sometimes he'll stand around that Stone outside Raven Rock but he hasn't the last few times I've gone through that. Might be only if you're contacted by the cultists and coming over the "right way".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I tried using your mod with SD+, SL Stories and EC+ installed. But I'm getting this bug where when I choose a scenario and activate the bad, nothing happens. Screen shifts to black for a few seconds then it goes back into the the cell with Mara gone. I tried using jdough's fix but the save editor crashes when I open my save file and I can't find out how to fix it. Is any one else having issues like this? Could you help me out?

Hello, I tried using your mod with SD+, SL Stories and EC+ installed. But I'm getting this bug where when I choose a scenario and activate the bad, nothing happens. Screen shifts to black for a few seconds then it goes back into the the cell with Mara gone. I tried using jdough's fix but the save editor crashes when I open my save file and I can't find out how to fix it. Is any one else having issues like this? Could you help me out?

Wow. The save cleaner crashes when trying to open the save?

If you go to a mechanic and he has a seizure when he opens the hood, there's something seriously wrong with your car. Or your mechanic maybe, but in any case... wow.

What's your mod list and load order?

If you go to a mechanic and he has a seizure when he opens the hood, there's something seriously wrong with your car. Or your mechanic maybe, but in any case... wow.

If you are using crash fixes http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?, and the correct save cleaner for use with it http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/?, and the save cleaner is then crashing on loading a save it is saying your save is stuffed, or at least that is what was said somewhere on the thread for the save cleaner, if you are getting that with a new game there is something seriously wrong with your game setup and mod list.

Never mind. Using Fallrim now. Loaded my save fine. Gonna try and test ccas now.

Never mind. Using Fallrim now. Loaded my save fine. Gonna try and test ccas now.

It works. :D

So most of the mod is now working for me, except for Brood Maiden. I choose the scenario, I enter the bed, it gives me the dialogue box, then returns back to the cell. Mara is gone and the journal says that new life is complete. I even tried saving post selecting the option and reloading after it. Could you help me out?

Oh and Beeing Female has a problem. The journal tells me to talk to Gaev about the excavation but no dialogue about the excavation is present. Ho do I advance?

So most of the mod is now working for me, except for Brood Maiden. I choose the scenario, I enter the bed, it gives me the dialogue box, then returns back to the cell. Mara is gone and the journal says that new life is complete. I even tried saving post selecting the option and reloading after it. Could you help me out?

Oh and Beeing Female has a problem. The journal tells me to talk to Gaev about the excavation but no dialogue about the excavation is present. Ho do I advance?

There's a bug with Beeing Female in the current version, it'll be fixed in the next one. Use this console command:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

As for Brood Maiden, there's probably a dependency problem with that. CCAS is a bit out of date (and even when it was up-to-date I made some errors with that). Brood Maiden has been moved from Stories to Parasites, and although it should be backwards compatible I might still have a bug in there.
Try using all three of SD+, Sexlab Stories, and Sexlab Parasites and see if that fixes it.

There's a bug with Beeing Female in the current version, it'll be fixed in the next one. Use this console command:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

As for Brood Maiden, there's probably a dependency problem with that. CCAS is a bit out of date (and even when it was up-to-date I made some errors with that). Brood Maiden has been moved from Stories to Parasites, and although it should be backwards compatible I might still have a bug in there.
Try using all three of SD+, Sexlab Stories, and Sexlab Parasites and see if that fixes it.

I'll try that. Thanks.