The Manipulator

(My terminology here will be wrong, probably, so don't shoot me.) OK, that's because when the MCM is open, "game code" freezes. You'll notice that a few options will save "Close all menus" - for that reason. Nothing will happen while the MCM is open.

EFF doesn't use the MCM at all, so that's why things happen right away.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  EFF uses it's UIExtension menus to get to the racemenu for NPCs.  Do you know, is UIE required to use that functionality?  Is it possible to set up another hot key to open the NPC racemenu to bypass that MCM/Game Menu freeze?

Certainly easy to do. But I kinda suspect that if I do that, others will not be too thrilled. Feedback? Course there's the middle road, rename it to just "Manipulator", which would sort it above most SexLab mods. ;)

Don't know why anyone would be upset...other than the usual "waah you changed something without my permission" crowd post-61020-0-35869400-1459888640.gif .  MrGroundhog's suggestion of Grimy's utils bypasses the issue with it's MCM mod renamer, but then again it's ANOTHER esp added to a growing list (2 if you install the recommended FISS mod as well) of esps.  Personally it's not a big deal, I have to put up with the same issue with the Smart Cast mod.  If I can suffer with that, the I can live with sliding 2-3 steps further down the MCM for "THE Manipulator".  Of course if you can hot key the racemenu thing...

Guest ffabris

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  EFF uses it's UIExtension menus to get to the racemenu for NPCs.  Do you know, is UIE required to use that functionality?  Is it possible to set up another hot key to open the NPC racemenu to bypass that MCM/Game Menu freeze?

UIExtensions is required to open RaceMenu, but I probably can have it open via Hotkey, yes. Will poke at it. :)

Guest ffabris

0.5 is up:

• Changed: Mod renamed to "Manipulator" (MCM)
  • Changed: Default strip hot key changed to Esc, meaning it MUST be set in Defaults prior to first use.
  • New: Hot key to open RaceMenu on actor under crosshair. Must be set in Defauls before use.
  • Fix: Prevent strip/dress on children.

Clean save recommended.

Would it be possible to have something like a 'stay' (aka 'sit firkin still') command for NPCs to stop them sandboxing. I'm thinking of places like inns etc where they just constantly change seats/places for the sake of it.

Thanks.

P.S. Getting much sleep lately? Food, exercise, social life, anything like that? :)

0.5 is up:

• Changed: Mod renamed to "Manipulator" (MCM)
  • Changed: Default strip hot key changed to Esc, meaning it MUST be set in Defaults prior to first use.
  • New: Hot key to open RaceMenu on actor under crosshair. Must be set in Defauls before use.
  • Fix: Prevent strip/dress on children.

Clean save recommended.

All I can say is...

Guest ffabris

Would it be possible to have something like a 'stay' (aka 'sit firkin still') command for NPCs to stop them sandboxing. I'm thinking of places like inns etc where they just constantly change seats/places for the sake of it.

Heh - yeah I know what you mean. But no, probably not.

All I can say is...

:D

Played with the new hot key for RaceMenu and as I posted above:  NICE....

Bypassing the game menu and MCM to open the NPC RaceMenu worked great.  I was able to apply tats and adjust "sizes" and see them update immediately without having to close the RM interface.  And Adrianne thanks you as well (at least until the back pain starts  :o from lugging those things around...)  Thanks for adding that.

(hey...let's add more work for ffabris) - How about adding an option to the RM hot key (maybe using the shift key as a modifier) that automatically strips the NPC before going into RM and redresses them afterwards.  Because hitting the "strip/redress" hot key before and after is just too tiring ... ;) .  I am (somewhat) kidding - it would be nice but completely unnecessary.  Will try playing with more of the other features later.  Again thanks for this mod. 

Now to look at Immersive Speechcraft in tesVEdit and see about removing that "must not wear helmet to use" silliness...  (did I say that out load?)

Realy nice work, but... no offence... pls don't use default game keys (S or ESC) for your default key settings. You brake the game keys!
I was always wondering why the the NPC are naked and I was searching for a bug. But it is just your default keys set to S. That's realy, realy bad!

so if I can set the keybind and open the racemenu on an NPC and apply tats and overlays, but the hair and other appearance sliders do not show up, where should I start looking? or is that not enabled by this mod?

You can't do that.  Changing the appearance sliders will lead to the dreaded "grey face" bug.  Same problem if 2 mods modify the same NPC (there is more to it, but that is essentially the problem).  This is why mods that modify an NPC have to export that NPCs head.  Since the info you are changing for the NPC in the RM is "on-the-fly" there is no mechanism to export the modified head and the changed NPC does not exist in any mod (with these on-the-fly changes), so you can't use the CK to export the changed head.  Someone else hear can probably give a more detailed reason.

Body changes work because you are really just modifying the underlying bone (scaling it) and the tattoos are overlays, not part of the body texture.  Again, someone more knowledgeable could give a better, detailed reason.

so if I can set the keybind and open the racemenu on an NPC and apply tats and overlays, but the hair and other appearance sliders do not show up, where should I start looking? or is that not enabled by this mod?

You can't do that.  Changing the appearance sliders will lead to the dreaded "grey face" bug.  Same problem if 2 mods modify the same NPC (there is more to it, but that is essentially the problem).  This is why mods that modify an NPC have to export that NPCs head.  Since the info you are changing for the NPC in the RM is "on-the-fly" there is no mechanism to export the modified head and the changed NPC does not exist in any mod (with these on-the-fly changes), so you can't use the CK to export the changed head.  Someone else hear can probably give a more detailed reason.

Body changes work because you are really just modifying the underlying bone (scaling it) and the tattoos are overlays, not part of the body texture.  Again, someone more knowledgeable could give a better, detailed reason.

No that answered that exactly. I thought there were mods that allowed various other changes, like one that let you copy an npc's face to your pc.  I remember some cautions when doing that, and I never used the mod so I didn't remember much about it.

Might just be I have to figure out why MO isn't letting me add TES5Edit into the menu, or get a good way to merge and mesh the armor and npc beautifier mods I have.

No that answered that exactly. I thought there were mods that allowed various other changes, like one that let you copy an npc's face to your pc.  I remember some cautions when doing that, and I never used the mod so I didn't remember much about it.

Might just be I have to figure out why MO isn't letting me add TES5Edit into the menu, or get a good way to merge and mesh the armor and npc beautifier mods I have.

Take a look at the STEP link in my sig - there is a section for getting  tesVedit running under MO.  Maybe that will help.

From my understanding, NPC faces are handled differently than the Players.  The PC face is dynamically updated, but the NPC is not. That's why you can open the character editor mid-game and make changes to things like hair, scars, etc.  That NPC->PC face mod worked because of that.  I remember that mod as well, but never used myself either - no one makes a better face than me :angry: (OK not really, but still...)

Guest ffabris

any chance without sexlab need

and this section is for no sexlab mods ? no !!

I am considering that ... not sure why, to be honest. But it is on my "investigate and maybe do" list. ;)

Played with the new hot key for RaceMenu and as I posted above:  NICE....

OK, very glad that the hotkey is working for you. :)

(hey...let's add more work for ffabris) - How about adding an option to the RM hot key (maybe using the shift key as a modifier) that automatically strips the NPC before going into RM and redresses them afterwards.  Because hitting the "strip/redress" hot key before and after is just too tiring ... ;) .  I am (somewhat) kidding - it would be nice but completely unnecessary.  Will try playing with more of the other features later.  Again thanks for this mod.

Hahaha... ;) I'm working on a new feature now. Needs testing then polishing. Stay tuned!

Realy nice work, but... no offence... pls don't use default game keys (S or ESC) for your default key settings. You brake the game keys!

I was always wondering why the the NPC are naked and I was searching for a bug. But it is just your default keys set to S. That's realy, realy bad!

'S' was changed. I set it to 'Esc' (same as MANY other mods) to force users to change it if they want the feature. The mod won't react to Esc or Tab.

Anything that would result in grey face is excluded. So you cannot change facial appearance or war paints. Others above explained it very well.

Those are the STEP directions I followed. I have FNIS and the creation kit working, but when I put in all the info and click the add button, it just clears the dialog and does not make the shortcut. I tried putting the exe in several different folders but no dice.

I can run it outside MO in the skyrim data folder, but that does not do all that much unless I want to manually move the esp files back and forth.

Guest ffabris

0.6 is up ....

• Fix: Disable allowing children to be made potential followers or marryable. Duhhh...
  • Fix: Disable flagging current followers as potential folloers. Duuhhh again.
  • New: Multiple marriage. See download page for details. Currently, this is a "no frills" thing. You get nothing special from marriage whatsoever, other than having the NPCs living in their designated home.

If marrying an NPC breaks your game, you own both parts. Manipulator gives you the ability, it is up to you to use it carefully.

Guest ffabris

Immediately after I setup my hotkeys in the MCM my fps drops from 50 to around 10 and I experience a ton of lag.  Any ideas?  I haven't seen anyone else report this problem so I'm assuming it's fighting with another of my mods?

Hum, well, once the keys are registered, the mod starts getting keypress events. But then, so do all other mods that use hotkeys, like SexLab, to name but one. So no idea what the cause might be, no.

Guest ffabris

I'm a knuckle head!  When I set the hotkeys I was replacing hotkeys I never use for wearable lanterns.  I thought that when I set them it would un-set them in that mod but it didn't.  Weeeeee.....

Ha!  OK, well, mystery solved! And a load off my mind too. ;)

Guest ffabris

You added multi-marriages option just when I installed this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72939/?

How does your new version do the mutli-marriages? Would it conflict? like AI packages?

Trying to uninstall Multi Marriage disables the Marriage quest despite following the listed instructions. 

Yes it would conflict if you used both. So use one only. You don't have to remove either mod, just don't marry via Manipulator. (Or uninstall one, if you want... the mod you linked to has more multi-marriage features than Manipulator does.)

Yes it would conflict if you used both. So use one only. You don't have to remove either mod, just don't marry via Manipulator. (Or uninstall one, if you want... the mod you linked to has more multi-marriage features than Manipulator does.)

I see, so its safe to install your new version only that I mustn't use its marriage features?

I use the Manipulator to set a NPC to a Potential Marriage though. So how does one not marry via the Manipulator? Is there a dialogue I should avoid? Is it the markers?

Also, who else did you exclude besides that four?

Guest ffabris

I see, so its safe to install your new version only that I mustn't use its marriage features?

I use the Manipulator to set a NPC to a Potential Marriage though. So how does one not marry via the Manipulator? Is there a dialogue I should avoid? Is it the markers?

In the People panel, there is a Marry button. Don't use it. If you're not going to use Marry, then setting the markers doesn't matter one way or another. If you don't set them, Marry won't be available, so perhaps that's the way to go, so no accidents. :)

Also, who else did you exclude besides that four?

I'd have to open CK to check. In the basic game (meaning no DLCs), there are maybe a dozen or so excluded by being part of MarriageExcludeFaction.

Added: DA09Meridia, Korir, Kraldar, Ulfric, Galmar, Balgruuf, Vingar GreyMane, Dengeir, Siddegeir, Sorli, Idgrod, Thongvor, Igmund, Maven, Laila, Rikke, Tullius, Elisif. Not counting any in the 3 DLCs, since Manipulator doesn't load those and I'm too lazy to do it to check. ;)

In the People panel, there is a Marry button. Don't use it. If you're not going to use Marry, then setting the markers doesn't matter one way or another. If you don't set them, Marry won't be available, so perhaps that's the way to go, so no accidents.  :)

I see. That's pretty simple.

I'd have to open CK to check. In the basic game (meaning no DLCs), there are maybe a dozen or so excluded by being part of MarriageExcludeFaction.

Added: DA09Meridia, Korir, Kraldar, Ulfric, Galmar, Balgruuf, Vingar GreyMane, Dengeir, Siddegeir, Sorli, Idgrod, Thongvor, Igmund, Maven, Laila, Rikke, Tullius, Elisif. Not counting any in the 3 DLCs, since Manipulator doesn't load those and I'm too lazy to do it to check. ;)

Idgrod Ravencrone right?

Other than Elisif, the others aren't part of the Amorous quest mod anyway. What would happen though if someone would marry Elisif anyway and you follow the Amorous quest?