The Manipulator

Feedback request:

right now, several NPCs will do nothing if you add to your harem. Their AI package overrides the one Manipulator sets. I haven't actually tested this but, assuming it works, what are the thoughts on increasing the priority of Manipulator to try to force these "reluctant" NPCs to move into the harem? Of course, that would likely be game-breaking.

I haven't really got strong views pro or con but I suppose it would be handy for when the need arose. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it.

I'm not yet quite far enough into my latest run-through to be thinking of harems.

Could it be done by turning off the quest script for the NPC in question? I'm thinking of what 'Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled' does (a God-send of a mod). Might it also disable/end redundant dialogue? I prefer my NPCs to be silent. My immersion comes from my head not from some crap European accent done by an American. :-/

Guest ffabris

Ahh-HAH! *Facepalm* Was one of my other mods that broke the RaceMenu selector and hotkey. And the mod in question was one I'd installed manually and then made a tweak to. Apparently, that disabled the ability for any UIextnsion tools to activate the racemenu. All working nicely now, sorry for the bother, Ffabris!

No worries at all! Glad you solved the mystery. :)

Feedback request:

right now, several NPCs will do nothing if you add to your harem. Their AI package overrides the one Manipulator sets. I haven't actually tested this but, assuming it works, what are the thoughts on increasing the priority of Manipulator to try to force these "reluctant" NPCs to move into the harem? Of course, that would likely be game-breaking.

I haven't really got strong views pro or con but I suppose it would be handy for when the need arose. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it.

I'm not yet quite far enough into my latest run-through to be thinking of harems.

Could it be done by turning off the quest script for the NPC in question? I'm thinking of what 'Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled' does (a God-send of a mod). Might it also disable/end redundant dialogue? I prefer my NPCs to be silent. My immersion comes from my head not from some crap European accent done by an American. :-/

You can't turn off quests as such, as far as I know. I imagine what that mod does is replace them. (Aside: this is cool, IMHO.) Also remember, I really want to keep this light-weight.

Ahh-HAH! *Facepalm* Was one of my other mods that broke the RaceMenu selector and hotkey. And the mod in question was one I'd installed manually and then made a tweak to. Apparently, that disabled the ability for any UIextnsion tools to activate the racemenu. All working nicely now, sorry for the bother, Ffabris!

No worries at all! Glad you solved the mystery. :)

Feedback request:

You can't turn off quests as such, as far as I know. I imagine what that mod does is replace them. (Aside: this is cool, IMHO.) Also remember, I really want to keep this light-weight.

I'm with light weight - any suggestions made by me carry the caveat 'if it's simple enough'. Thanks for the link  - that mod and its partner 'Timing is Everything' should save me no amount of mental pain. And who knows, in another five years or so I might have completely forgotten that those warriors from Hammersfell have currrrrved swords. Currrrrved swords! :@

P.s. Just realised that what I need is a mod that tells me what mods I need.

Guest ffabris

I'm with light weight - any suggestions made by me carry the caveat 'if it's simple enough'. Thanks for the link  - that mod and its partner 'Timing is Everything' should save me no amount of mental pain. And who knows, in another five years or so I might have completely forgotten that those warriors from Hammersfell have currrrrved swords. Currrrrved swords! :@

LOL!

Toss in Skyrim Unbound, and you never have to do any quests, at all. Well, except the Challenger and Student. I use it because I don't play the game anymore, mostly I mod. And when I'm not in the mood, I just run around seducing people. ;)

Guest ffabris

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

• Change: Harem members will now unequip weapons, once they reach their new home.
  • Change: Increased quest priority to max, so now almost all NPCs can be forced into your harem. Use with caution!
  • New: Settings now stored externally, so they persist though new games. Save is in ../Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/Manipulator/
  • New setting: Brute Force Strip. If enabled, when stripped, NPCs are assigned a new, empty outfit. This prevents redressing. But their old outfit is lost. If you dress them, they will equip a random set of farm (common) clothes.
  • New setting: Auto strip harem: automatically strips NPCs added to the harem, using normal or "brute force", according to the setting above.

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

• New: Settings now stored externally, so they persist though new games. Save is in ../Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/Manipulator/

Are you getting inspiration from another mods?  ;)

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

• New setting: Brute Force Strip. If enabled, when stripped, NPCs are assigned a new, empty outfit. This prevents redressing. But their old outfit is lost. If you dress them, they will equip a random set of farm (common) clothes.

I haven't done anything with the harem features of 1.0 yet but wanted to ask on reading this... would there be an option in the future for us to create our own default outfit for them to equip? So if we have Slutty Schoolgirl Mod 3.5 installed or Captured Dreams and want to have our harem outfitted in their latest fashions, we could add the items to the outfit?

Of course if someone changed their load order nid play and the item IDs changed as a result, we might get an entirely different outfit. But oh well.

Guest ffabris

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

Mebeh!   ;)

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

I haven't done anything with the harem features of 1.0 yet but wanted to ask on reading this... would there be an option in the future for us to create our own default outfit for them to equip? So if we have Slutty Schoolgirl Mod 3.5 installed or Captured Dreams and want to have our harem outfitted in their latest fashions, we could add the items to the outfit?

Of course if someone changed their load order nid play and the item IDs changed as a result, we might get an entirely different outfit. But oh well.

Technically, yes. I'm kinda resisting it, however ... for no logical reason. ;) I know one mod that allows this, but you have to edit a json file manually to "construct" the outfit. And off-hand, I don't know how to make an outfit "on the fly" (of course not knowing doesn't mean I can't/won't learn).

I'll look into it. I'd also like to take the opportunity to say thanks for giving feedback and making suggestions. It does help. I'm pretty much adding things on a whim, now. ;)

Added: OK, so, chatting with CPU, I learn that outfits cannot be created on the fly. You can have NPCs wear specific items, but that gets messy to say the least.

LOL!

Toss in Skyrim Unbound, and you never have to do any quests, at all. Well, except the Challenger and Student. I use it because I don't play the game anymore, mostly I mod. And when I'm not in the mood, I just run around seducing people. ;)

I'm thinking of uninstalling Skyrim to make room for more mods. :idea: I use use Alt Start LAL plus a couple of other modes to get rid of the main quest line.

Guest ffabris

I'm thinking of uninstalling Skyrim to make room for more mods. :idea: I use use Alt Start LAL plus a couple of other modes to get rid of the main quest line.

LAL doesn't actually remove the main questline: if you go to Helgen, it auto-starts. With Unbound, you never have to be dragonborn even. Give it a try, you'll see.

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

Mebeh!   ;)

Just uploaded 1.1 ...

Technically, yes. I'm kinda resisting it, however ... for no logical reason. ;) I know one mod that allows this, but you have to edit a json file manually to "construct" the outfit. And off-hand, I don't know how to make an outfit "on the fly" (of course not knowing doesn't mean I can't/won't learn).

I'll look into it. I'd also like to take the opportunity to say thanks for giving feedback and making suggestions. It does help. I'm pretty much adding things on a whim, now. ;)

Added: OK, so, chatting with CPU, I learn that outfits cannot be created on the fly. You can have NPCs wear specific items, but that gets messy to say the least.

Yeah, I guess I just want to save myself the work of merging all the armor and appearance mods to make my own overhaul mod, so I can get diff people looking the way I want, and just change them in game.

I guess there are technical problems with changing the outfits in a non-follower way, but I don't like making random npcs into followers, changing their default outfit, and then releasing them.

Guest ffabris

I guess there are technical problems with changing the outfits in a non-follower way, but I don't like making random npcs into followers, changing their default outfit, and then releasing them.

There is no clean way to do that, partly because NPCs can reset, can revert to their original outfits if their inventory changes, or if they respawn.

It is possible to use spells to mitigate that, but that results in game bloat: one script dropped on every NPC it is used on. Or it could be tracked centrally by the mod, but then you have no way of knowing when an NPC dies (or for generic/levelled NPCs, when they respawn), so again, game bloat.

A few mods have been mentioned in this thread that will do what you want, I think, but they have the problems I just mentioned (based on what I saw by peeking at the code).

So yeah, possible, kinda, but "messy".

god i love the function in this to change relationship status. now all i need in life is a button that makes all npcs a specific relationship lvl en masse. seriously, i don't know if anyone else has this problem, but some mod (or several) in my load order are inadvertantly making all npcs 'lover' status for no reason ( i don't intentionally have any mods that are supposed to do so) and all I want in life is the ability to hit one button and have them all default to vanilla or aquaintance. I swear i want to punch an npc every time a stranger walks past and says 'my love...'

There is no clean way to do that, partly because NPCs can reset, can revert to their original outfits if their inventory changes, or if they respawn.

It is possible to use spells to mitigate that, but that results in game bloat: one script dropped on every NPC it is used on. Or it could be tracked centrally by the mod, but then you have no way of knowing when an NPC dies (or for generic/levelled NPCs, when they respawn), so again, game bloat.

A few mods have been mentioned in this thread that will do what you want, I think, but they have the problems I just mentioned (based on what I saw by peeking at the code).

So yeah, possible, kinda, but "messy".

One thing I have thought as a last resort was just making a batch file and using the equipitem command. Just put a removeallitems command at the start of it, and use it on anyone I wanted to dress.

Guest ffabris

god i love the function in this to change relationship status. now all i need in life is a button that makes all npcs a specific relationship lvl en masse. seriously, i don't know if anyone else has this problem, but some mod (or several) in my load order are inadvertantly making all npcs 'lover' status for no reason ( i don't intentionally have any mods that are supposed to do so) and all I want in life is the ability to hit one button and have them all default to vanilla or aquaintance. I swear i want to punch an npc every time a stranger walks past and says 'my love...'

LOL!  Never heard of that happening before. I'd be curious to know what causes it - if you ever find out.

One thing I have thought as a last resort was just making a batch file and using the equipitem command. Just put a removeallitems command at the start of it, and use it on anyone I wanted to dress.

That's a thought.

One thought on allowing a replacement outfit for harem members - have an ID entry field the user would fill in for a new outfit. Rather than you adding IDs for all sorts of mods, just dump it on the user. Then it supports ANY outfit mod, past or future.

:)

Guest ffabris

Might work - as long as we're talking outfits as opposed to single items. From a user perspective, that means digging into mods with CK or TES5Edit to get the ID. How many will want to, or know how to? Is it worth doing that, or just suggesting that if people want outfit control, they use a dedicated mod for it?

Might work - as long as we're talking outfits as opposed to single items. From a user perspective, that means digging into mods with CK or TES5Edit to get the ID. How many will want to, or know how to? Is it worth doing that, or just suggesting that if people want outfit control, they use a dedicated mod for it?

It's simple on your end, and if people want/need more, they can get a mod that does more. It's not all that hard to use TES5Edit to find an outfit's ID in a mod, and if they can't do it, or be bothered to do it, they can again get a mod to help more. I was just thinking what would be the simplest thing for your end that didn't make a lot of work for you but still helped some of us who already know the outfit ID we want (or know how to get it).

My current thoughts for a default outfit is the Slave Leia outfit. Now there's a harem costume! :D

Hmmm... that would need a mod name as well, if the outfit isn't defined in skyrim.esm.

Will ponder it. ;)

Ponder this: If you add IDs then you be forever pestered by people to add the ID of their fav item and the mod will go from light weight to heavy weight ID repository. You need to stay focused on what you want this mod to be rather than being dragged all over the place by requests from users.

I tend towards JLF65's view in putting the onus on the user to do it. There are enough mods out there to manage followers, add new followers and who knows what else. I use IAFT so for me it would be a simple matter of 'join me', taking them to home, sorting out their inventory and 'wait here'. IAFT is good for 33(?) followers - enough for 3 football teams. Now there's an idea for a mod - equip your followers in your footie team's kit. 

Guest ffabris

Hmmm... that would need a mod name as well, if the outfit isn't defined in skyrim.esm.

Will ponder it. ;)

Ponder this: If you add IDs then you be forever pestered by people to add the ID of their fav item and the mod will go from light weight to heavy weight ID repository. You need to stay focused on what you want this mod to be rather than being dragged all over the place by requests from users.

Very true, which is why I won't go that route.

I tend towards JLF65's view in putting the onus on the user to do it. There are enough mods out there to manage followers, add new followers and who knows what else. I use IAFT so for me it would be a simple matter of 'join me', taking them to home, sorting out their inventory and 'wait here'. IAFT is good for 33(?) followers - enough for 3 football teams. Now there's an idea for a mod - equip your followers in your footie team's kit.

LOL!!! :D

Yeah, the idea isn't bad, and not too difficult. It just doesn't feel right, for some reason. Which I know makes no sense at all.

@JLF: So lemme get the suggestion straight: is this intended to be a replacement outfit for any/all NPCs added to the harem? Or.... ? Bit more detail on what you have in mind, please.

Guest ffabris

1.2 is up... just one small addition:

• New: Clear Crime added to settings. Should work on all holds, including Dragonborn (if installed).

I actually had something else ready, till I tested and discovered that Heathfires messes it up, by using markers the opposite way to the rest of the DLCs. >.< Oh well.

My idea was that you have a field that holds a form id value, say 60004421. The user can set that field any time they want to any hex value (via MCM). Then when an npc is added to the harem, that value is set as the outfit if the value is set (default to null at start, meaning not set). It would be totally up to the user to make sure that value is for the outfit they want. Being able to change it at any time means they could make harem members wear different outfits just by changing that value right before adding the npc to the harem. Or they could set it once and let it be a "default" outfit for all harem members.

By the way, that 60004421 would on my setup make the harem girls wear the white Slave Leia outfit with silver doodads. I made that one myself since the Slave Leia outfit mod only has individual pieces, not outfits. Adding an outfit with TES5Edit is super easy.