The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

Could you manipulate things so that non-vanilla player homes are ranked/marked as vanilla homes, i.e. the game ranks/marks you as a property owner?

Most such homes already are set to have the player as owner ... or PlayerFaction. Mods that handle the vanilla homes in special ways generally have them hard coded, from what I have seen. But can you give me a specific example?

FYI: The other week when I was messing around with bf strip I did it on the courier. Now I have the 'Naked Runner' appearing out of nowhere every now and again.  Funny as hell. Well, maybe not for him.

LOL! :D

writing on the fly, so memory and citations are going to be off...

Moonstone keep by the nexus modder you (I think) linked gave me a case where I'd haremized Thonnor from Morthal, out of the house he shared with Alva. I was sneaking and not spotted by him at the time, so that might play into this, but he didn't give me the trespass message till after he, and about a dozen others, moved into the barracks cell I'd set for global sleep location.  I was following them in and about half had already hit a bed when he gave me the tresspas line.

may not be house mod but because I had taken him from where i wasn't supposed to be.

Guest ffabris

writing on the fly, so memory and citations are going to be off...

Moonstone keep by the nexus modder you (I think) linked gave me a case where I'd haremized Thonnor from Morthal, out of the house he shared with Alva. I was sneaking and not spotted by him at the time, so that might play into this, but he didn't give me the trespass message till after he, and about a dozen others, moved into the barracks cell I'd set for global sleep location.  I was following them in and about half had already hit a bed when he gave me the tresspas line.

may not be house mod but because I had taken him from where i wasn't supposed to be.

Ahhhh... ok. I think that's the "allow public access" flag on the cell. Might be able to do that, yes. Will poke at it. :)

Could you manipulate things so that non-vanilla player homes are ranked/marked as vanilla homes, i.e. the game ranks/marks you as a property owner?

Most such homes already are set to have the player as owner ... or PlayerFaction. Mods that handle the vanilla homes in special ways generally have them hard coded, from what I have seen. But can you give me a specific example?

FYI: The other week when I was messing around with bf strip I did it on the courier. Now I have the 'Naked Runner' appearing out of nowhere every now and again.  Funny as hell. Well, maybe not for him.

LOL! :D

e.g. A certain club in Solitude or a certain establihment just outside Whiterun.

I don't bother with the vanilla homes as they are crap and I can't be arsed jumping through the hoops you need to acquire them.

I'm actually part-owner of most of Whiterun and several places in Solitude and elsewhere. Quite the property portfolio, if I say so myself.

Guest ffabris

e.g. A certain club in Solitude or a certain establihment just outside Whiterun.

I don't bother with the vanilla homes as they are crap and I can't be arsed jumping through the hoops you need to acquire them.

I'm actually part-owner of most of Whiterun and several places in Solitude and elsewhere. Quite the property portfolio, if I say so myself.

LOL!

OK, got that done, just need final testing. And while I was at it, I added in claiming ownership of any cell. Oddly, there is no way to determine, via script, whether a cell is public or not; you can only set it. So the MCM won't/can't show the current setting. :-| Also oddly, PlayerFaction has no name in CK, so Manipulator would report cells owned by PlayerFaction as unowned. I fixed that by giving PlayerFaction a name.

Anyway, bit more testing then I'll push out the update.

Guest ffabris

2.7 is up ...

• Change: if harem markers not set, People panel now shows that, rather than simply omitting the Harem option.
  • Fix: When dismissing a harem NPC, it would become impossible to interact with him/her. This was fixed by disabling the restore of the NPCs original name. o,O So the upshot is that renaming an NPC is now permanent, unless it is manually changed back.
  • New: Set any interior cell as player owned, or owned by PlayerFaction; also can be set as public access.
  • (There was no 2.6 release.)

ffabris - thanks for the update, especially for topic 2. :)

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, does this mean that I can (re)hire NPC in harem?

Guest ffabris

ffabris - thanks for the update, especially for topic 2. :)

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, does this mean that I can (re)hire NPC in harem?

Yep, should work now. :)

Awesome!!! Love you man... :)

nice new picture EP.

@ffabris right now, is one of the most active modders here. With always high quality mods.

Thank you CPU.

agree with you about ffabris's work (mods)

ffabris- wanted to ask you from beginning but always forgot about "Clear crimes" option in MCM menu. Dos that option erases crimes for both, PC and NPCs or just for PC?

Guest ffabris

Awesome!!! Love you man... :)

nice new picture EP.

@ffabris right now, is one of the most active modders here. With always high quality mods.

:blush:  Thank you! :) 

ffabris- wanted to ask you from beginning but always forgot about "Clear crimes" option in MCM menu. Dos that option erases crimes for both, PC and NPCs or just for PC?

PC only.

ffabris - I'm afraid that the fix for follower doesn't work (not for me). Well, maybe I should do a clean save first but according to OP, it isn't required. I have a follower called Heidi. Before I added her to harem, I changed her name to Helena. After changing her name I asked her to follow me. Right after that I lost interaction with her. I opened MCM menu and returned her name (manually) to Heidi. But no hep, I couldn't interact with her at all. Am I doing something wrong in this process?

Guest ffabris

ffabris - I'm afraid that the fix for follower doesn't work (not for me). Well, maybe I should do a clean save first but according to OP, it isn't required. I have a follower called Heidi. Before I added her to harem, I changed her name to Helena. After changing her name I asked her to follow me. Right after that I lost interaction with her. I opened MCM menu and returned her name (manually) to Heidi. But no hep, I couldn't interact with her at all. Am I doing something wrong in this process?

Well, first thing, Manipulator doesn't allow for name change on NPCs who are not part of the harem, so you cannot have changed her name before adding her. Not with Manipulator at least.

Manipulator also has no follower functions.

Lastly, the bug only happened on dismissing from the harem, never before.

:o

2.7 is up ...

• Change: if harem markers not set, People panel now shows that, rather than simply omitting the Harem option.
  • Fix: When dismissing a harem NPC, it would become impossible to interact with him/her. This was fixed by disabling the restore of the NPCs original name. o,O So the upshot is that renaming an NPC is now permanent, unless it is manually changed back.
  • New: Set any interior cell as player owned, or owned by PlayerFaction; also can be set as public access.
  • (There was no 2.6 release.)

Wow thanks. That was done and uploaded before the ink was dry on my post. :o

Edit several hours later: Wow again, it works automatically. Not long into the game and the (still naked) courier arrived with a letter about adoption. I'm not interested in the adoption thing but it meant that at least one of my properties is 'legit'.

Courier: 'Sign here, please'.

PC: 'Don't be ridiculous man, I couldn't possibly write that small'.

Thanks muchly.

P.S. I love the space and light in SMC.

Well, first thing, Manipulator doesn't allow for name change on NPCs who are not part of the harem, so you cannot have changed her name before adding her. Not with Manipulator at least.

Manipulator also has no follower functions.

Lastly, the bug only happened on dismissing from the harem, never before.

Yea, that's what I did. When I found Heidi, I pressed ESC, load the mod, addressed her to harem. When she was teleported to harem, I went to harem 2 Skyrim hours later. Then I asked her to follow me. She didn't follow (although the game registered her as active follower). When that happened, I lost my interaction with her. I left the harem and went to another location. Then I opened MCM again and dismissed her from harem. She teleported to me but I had no interaction with her at all. I tried all possible console command to make her interactive, but no help. The only option to interact with her again was to disable the mod.

ffabris, About a week ago or so I brought up a problem I was having with harem members not sleeping during the day. I have been really busy lately and have not played the game much since. I wanted to replicate the issue the other day, but I had already deleted those saves. I updated to version 2.5 and tried again and set 5 harem members to sleep during the day. They all eventually slept during the day, however most also still slept at night. The harem members set to sleep during the day were in slots 2, and 16-19. My previous problem of them not sleeping during the day was apparently on my end. I just wanted to let you know thank you.

Guest ffabris

Wow thanks. That was done and uploaded before the ink was dry on my post. :o

:)

Edit several hours later: Wow again, it works automatically. Not long into the game and the (still naked) courier arrived with a letter about adoption. I'm not interested in the adoption thing but it meant that at least one of my properties is 'legit'.

Courier: 'Sign here, please'.

PC: 'Don't be ridiculous man, I couldn't possibly write that small'.

Thanks muchly.

Most welcome! :)

P.S. I love the space and light in SMC.

Glad you like! One of my favs, actually.

Yea, that's what I did. When I found Heidi, I pressed ESC, load the mod, addressed her to harem. When she was teleported to harem, I went to harem 2 Skyrim hours later. Then I asked her to follow me. She didn't follow (although the game registered her as active follower). When that happened, I lost my interaction with her. I left the harem and went to another location. Then I opened MCM again and dismissed her from harem. She teleported to me but I had no interaction with her at all. I tried all possible console command to make her interactive, but no help. The only option to interact with her again was to disable the mod.

Sounds like the two mods are "fighting" each other. Which doesn't surprise me at all. So the way I see it, you can add an NPC to harem, or make follower, but not both.

Did you use the rename feature here then? Sorry, that isn't clear. Also, did you try to save the game then reload?

ffabris, About a week ago or so I brought up a problem I was having with harem members not sleeping during the day. I have been really busy lately and have not played the game much since. I wanted to replicate the issue the other day, but I had already deleted those saves. I updated to version 2.5 and tried again and set 5 harem members to sleep during the day. They all eventually slept during the day, however most also still slept at night. The harem members set to sleep during the day were in slots 2, and 16-19. My previous problem of them not sleeping during the day was apparently on my end. I just wanted to let you know thank you.

There's something odd going on with the "sleep by day" thing. I had it happen once that NPCs I had set to sleep by day, were sleeping at night. I save, reloaded, and those NPCs promptly all got out of bed. I've been over the code many times, and not finding the problem. :-|

I looking to c why in the people menu the harem paragrahic not showing

You need to set the Home and Sleep markers, in the Settings panel, before Harem becomes available.