The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

I have a question. I read the functions part and got interested in the "racemenu cosmetic".

While I don't know how it works.

It is posibble with that to load an preset to npc via "racemenu cosmetic"?

Sorry, no. Anything that would change the NPCs face is unavailable, as that would result in "grey face" in game.

ffabris:

Sounds like the two mods are "fighting" each other. Which doesn't surprise me at all. So the way I see it, you can add an NPC to harem, or make follower, but not both.

Did you use the rename feature here then? Sorry, that isn't clear. Also, did you try to save the game then reload?

Yes, Right after she was teleported to harem, I opened MCM menu and changed her name into Helena. The mod saved her name but it still displayed as Heidi in MCM under "Harem". When I click "Place at me" in MCM menu,she teleported to me but immediately started to return to harem with no interaction option.

No, realoding the game didn't helped.

Guest ffabris

Yea, that's what I did. When I found Heidi, I pressed ESC, load the mod, addressed her to harem. When she was teleported to harem, I went to harem 2 Skyrim hours later. Then I asked her to follow me. She didn't follow (although the game registered her as active follower). When that happened, I lost my interaction with her. I left the harem and went to another location. Then I opened MCM again and dismissed her from harem. She teleported to me but I had no interaction with her at all. I tried all possible console command to make her interactive, but no help. The only option to interact with her again was to disable the mod.

Try the attached version - it is possible that there's a race condition happening. If so, then the attached will hopefully fix it, by handling harem dismissal slightly differently.

However, this will not fix a mod "fighting" with Manipulator. I had a quick peek at Puppet Master, and its quest priorities are very high - but lower than Manipulator. So that's why following won't work. For that, as I said, harem, or follower, not both.

Yes, Right after she was teleported to harem, I opened MCM menu and changed her name into Helena. The mod saved her name but it still displayed as Heidi in MCM under "Harem". When I click "Place at me" in MCM menu,she teleported to me but immediately started to return to harem with no interaction option.

Returning to harem location after teleport is expected. But since the NPC will walk away, it gives you time to interact, if needed.

As for name change not showing in MCM, I'll check that now.

Added: tested - cannot reproduce.

The Manipulator 2.8 Loose.rar

ffabris - here is the report about latest version:

1. Changing NPC's name is working properly now. MCM remembers new name(s)

2. Changing NPC's name also unlocks desired NPC and makes interaction with her available

3. Pressing "Follow me" or any other AFT's or NPC's following command, lock her and makes her unavailable for interaction until changing her name again.

4. NPC always returns to harem when choose "Follow me" or any other following command

5. Dismissing from harem locks particular NPC and makes her unavailable for interaction even after changing her name.

Guest ffabris

1. Changing NPC's name is working properly now. MCM remembers new name(s)

2. Changing NPC's name also unlocks desired NPC and makes interaction with her available

So far so good ...

3. Pressing "Follow me" or any other AFT's or NPC's following command, lock her and makes her unavailable for interaction until changing her name again.

4. NPC always returns to harem when choose "Follow me" or any other following command

Expected. 3 is mods fighting, can't fix. 4 is expected with Manipulator.

5. Dismissing from harem locks particular NPC and makes her unavailable for interaction even after changing her name.

This I don't understand ... please do me a favor: test this without attempting to make the NPC follow or changing the name, see what happens.

This I don't understand ... please do me a favor: test this without attempting to make the NPC follow or changing the name, see what happens.

I did, and it's the the same in both cases:

1. If you make a follwer of any NPC and then when you add her to harem

2. If you just add NPC to harem and then dismiss her from harem.

- it locks NPC's possibility to interact with her. Well, this is the test on the present game where the mod was upgraded to a new version. haven't had tested in the new game. Have no time to start a new game at moment.

Guest ffabris

I did, and it's the the same in both cases:

1. If you make a follwer of any NPC and then when you add her to harem

2. If you just add NPC to harem and then dismiss her from harem.

- it locks NPC's possibility to interact with her. Well, this is the test on the present game where the mod was upgraded to a new version. haven't had tested in the new game. Have no time to start a new game at moment.

You could uninstall, clean, reinstall. But if/when you have time.

Thing is, I cannot reproduce that problem. :-| Especially not your 2nd point quoted above. Can anyone else?

You could uninstall, clean, reinstall. But if/when you have time.

Thing is, I cannot reproduce that problem. :-| Especially not your 2nd point quoted above. Can anyone else?

I will try the first option: clean install.

The good thing is that once the mod is disabled, all NPCs added to harem returns to their original places, interaction is restored and the game doesn't  CTDs at all. :)

ffabris - CLEAN INSTALL IS REQUIRED  in order to make things work..... All issues I posted earlier are fixed in ver 1.8 but Clean install with save cleaner MUST BE DONE!!!

correction - not 1.8 but 2.8. my apologies for typing error.

2.8 - the one you posted in response to me. You see, I always read OPs and if it is mentioned that clean save is required, I always do. But your OP says that versions above 1.9 doesn't require clean save. :)

Guest ffabris

Hum... I've been updating in-place (meaning, without cleaning) for several versions now.

Anyway, ok, glad your issue is fixed. :)

Well, I have seen cases several times when some mods works perfectly on mod author's PC but it didn't worked well on user's computer. Anyhow - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS MOD. I'm very satisfied how it works and it works good for me now. :)

Well, I have seen cases several times when some mods works perfectly on mod author's PC but it didn't worked well on user's computer. Anyhow - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS MOD. I'm very satisfied how it works and it works good for me now. :)

Just like to say thanks to you and ffabris. I've really enjoyed following your dialogue to solve this problem and I never doubted for a minute that you would. Nice to see someone get an itch scratched. :)

ffabris,

The house ownership thing - my problem:

I have a mod which requires me to speak with Constance in the orphange in Riften.

I have killed the old hag as per the DB quest opener. I've talked to the lad in Solitude and she is calmed down.

I try to speak to Constance but she just states that she cannot discuss adoption until I own a house. I don't get any dialogue options, just her saying that.

I don't want to adopt anyone, I just need to get to the dialogue for the other mod. I can afford to buy a house but I don't really want to do the quests involved.

Soooo,

If I were to break into one of the buyable houses and use Manipulater to take ownership would it break anything, something, much? :dodgy: 

Guest ffabris

ffabris,

The house ownership thing - my problem:

I have a mod which requires me to speak with Constance in the orphange in Riften.

I have killed the old hag as per the DB quest opener. I've talked to the lad in Solitude and she is calmed down.

I try to speak to Constance but she just states that she cannot discuss adoption until I own a house. I don't get any dialogue options, just her saying that.

I don't want to adopt anyone, I just need to get to the dialogue for the other mod. I can afford to buy a house but I don't really want to do the quests involved.

Soooo,

If I were to break into one of the buyable houses and use Manipulater to take ownership would it break anything, something, much? :dodgy:

Make a save, copy it someplace safe, then try. ;) In short, I don't know. The only one I am sure about is Hjerim, as that would break Blood on the Ice. I actually attempted to do a "Own all vanilla homes" (other than Hjerim) option for Manipulator, as it seemed safe. Produspire stumped me, however, as it gets modified by Heathfires in a way that wasn't trivial to work around - so I tossed out that idea.

I'd try it .... but go with Breezehome or Honeyside, which seem the safest bets. Still, if the game breaks, you own both parts. :D

Guest ffabris

ffabris,

The house thing wont work as a key is required for entry. I'm having to do it the boring way via quests and running about.

Open console, click the door, then type:

unlock

Close console, enter door. ;)