The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

2.9 is up - just a small update...

• Fix: Possible solution for NPCs going unresponsive when dismissed.
  • New: added panel showing some internal info: mod version, what options mods are loaded, and whether harem markers have been placed.
  • (There was no 2.8 release.)

ffabris - just one note about the statement from your OP under "updating" topic: "Dismiss any harem members"

... there is no need for dismissing harem members. Uninstallation of the mod dismissing them automatically and they are leaving the harem returning to their original locations. The only "mark" that ex harem members carries on is the "married" status if they have been married.

Guest ffabris

ffabris - just one note about the statement from your OP under "updating" topic: "Dismiss any harem members"

... there is no need for dismissing harem members. Uninstallation of the mod dismissing them automatically and they are leaving the harem returning to their original locations. The only "mark" that ex harem members carries on is the "married" status if they have been married.

True. It is just cleaner, since that removes the script attached to the alias.

True. It is just cleaner, since that removes the script attached to the alias.

Also, Save cleaner doesn't clean "married" status from the script. Once the harem member is set to "automatically marry harem member" in MCM menu, that NPC will keep marital status even after uninstalling the mod and clean it with Save cleaner tool.

I LIKE IT!!!! :)

ffabris,

The house thing wont work as a key is required for entry. I'm having to do it the boring way via quests and running about.

Open console, click the door, then type:

unlock

Close console, enter door. ;)

Thanks,

I'd forgotten about the keys and didn't know about the console command. Too late now, I've already done it the regular way. That's over 8k septs down the pan. :( And they say crime doesn't pay.

A couple of suggestions:

Rename it to 'A Manipulator', or 'AA Manipulator' so it is at the top of MCM. This would save myself (and probably Elf Prince) a lot of scrolling. :)

Make a brothel mod. :) :) :) Definite gap in the market there. I have some ideas and you have the technicals and a lot of what is needed already there, e.g. SMC.

A couple of suggestions:

Rename it to 'A Manipulator', or 'AA Manipulator' so it is at the top of MCM. This would save myself (and probably Elf Prince) a lot of scrolling. :)

Make a brothel mod. :) :) :) Definite gap in the market there. I have some ideas and you have the technicals and a lot of what is needed already there, e.g. SMC.

Thanks for being considerable but in my case, Manipulator is visible in my MCM menu right after opening. ;)  :P

Not a bad idea although there are few very good brothel mods already. (I know you know that, just saying). But, this suggestion inspired me to suggest  autonomous (group) sex when Player enters the harem. :)

:(:rolleyes:

A couple of suggestions:

Thanks for being considerable but in my case, Manipulator is visible in my MCM menu right after opening. ;)  :P

Not a bad idea although there are few very good brothel mods already. (I know you know that, just saying). But, this suggestion inspired me to suggest  autonomous (group) sex when Player enters the harem. :)

Elf Prince,

In mine it's about half way down a list of 36-38 entries. :rolleyes:

ffabris,

The brothel mods I've seen are either/or/and abandoned/involve slavery/the player has to work there.

I was thinking more along the lines of buying a property via the jarl (similar to regular house purchase) and the citizens visiting the place (a la SMC, combined with TDF AP to get the staff). Rinse and repeat to build up a chain of 'establishments' across Skyrim. Charge a 1 Septim entrance fee to keep out the riff-raff. :)

I'm thinking regular income - I'm not running a charity here. :(

Elf Prince,

ffabris,

The brothel mods I've seen are either/or/and abandoned/involve slavery/the player has to work there.

I was thinking more long the lines of buying a property via the jarl (similar to regular house purchase) and the citizens visiting the place (a la SMC, combined with TDF AP to get the staff). Rinse and repeat to build up a chain of 'establishments' across Skyrim. Charge a 1 Septim entrance fee to keep out the riff-raff. :)

Not bad.. not bad at all.. It kind of "rent a harem" lol... (I like it)

Elf Prince,

ffabris,

I was thinking more long the lines of buying a property via the jarl (similar to regular house purchase) and the citizens visiting the place (a la SMC, combined with TDF AP to get the staff). Rinse and repeat to build up a chain of 'establishments' across Skyrim. Charge a 1 Septim entrance fee to keep out the riff-raff. :)

Not bad.. not bad at all.. It kind of "rent a harem" lol... (I like it)

Care to expand a bit? I've not looked at the harem option yet as I'm still laying the groundwork for my strategy - I'm busy 'interviewing' potential employees. It's hard work but somebody has to do it. :D 

Are you familiar with ffabris' Solitude Men's Club? In that mod you can set the locals to visit the club and engage with the staff. As I see it, what would be needed would be to enable the player to provide the staff and sort out some sort of tariff.

A couple of suggestions:

Gee, why didn't I think of that.  Ohhhh, wait... http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60070-the-manipulator/?p=1517960

And MrGroundhog had a good suggestion:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60070-the-manipulator/?p=1518064

A couple of suggestions:

Gee, why didn't I think of that.  Ohhhh, wait... http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60070-the-manipulator/?p=1517960

And MrGroundhog had a good suggestion:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60070-the-manipulator/?p=1518064

Great minds think alike! :) The Grimy Utilities is an option but I'm trying to be ultra-strict about not installing any more mods unless absolutely neccessatta (it's killing me but so far so good-ish). :blush:

For the record, Manipulator is 18th in my MCM list. At least it's above all the SL mods.

Great minds think alike! :) The Grimy Utilities is an option but I'm trying to be ultra-strict about not installing any more mods unless absolutely neccessatta (it's killing me but so far so good-ish). :blush:

For the record, Manipulator is 18th in my MCM list. At least it's above all the SL mods.

Great minds think alike

So true, so true...

I agree with the idea of reducing mod count (although I am running an average of 210 mods, depending on the character).  Although remember, it's not really the mod count that matters, it's the quality of the mods used (reducing the number of papyrus-hog mods is a better goal).  I use a couple mods that could benefit from that utility (Smart Cast and Manipulator), but I can suffer with scrolling down with the controller (it's pretty fast and I've gotten good about stopping at the right point without looking...)

Great minds think alike

So true, so true...

I agree with the idea of reducing mod count (although I am running an average of 210 mods, depending on the character).  Although remember, it's not really the mod count that matters, it's the quality of the mods used (reducing the number of papyrus-hog mods is a better goal).  I use a couple mods that could benefit from that utility (Smart Cast and Manipulator), but I can suffer with scrolling down with the controller (it's pretty fast and I've gotten good about stopping at the right point without looking...)

'Great minds think alike'. Or is it fools never differ? I can never remember. :)

I'm running just over 230 mods. I agree with you about scripts but I don't know nuffink about scripts or which mods are script-heavy (until it's too late).

Thanks,

I'd forgotten about the keys and didn't know about the console command. Too late now, I've already done it the regular way. That's over 8k septs down the pan.

open console

player.additem F 8000  (enter)

close console :ph34r:

Thanks,

I'd forgotten about the keys and didn't know about the console command. Too late now, I've already done it the regular way. That's over 8k septs down the pan.

open console

I resemble that remark! Are you implying that I would cheat? :angel::blush:

Guest ffabris

A couple of suggestions:

Gah! It was originally "The Manipulator" - I removed the "The" to make it sort higher. It will now be above SexLab stuff.

Already done;)

open console

/me looks angelic and "accidentally" attaches a file ....

man1.txt

A couple of suggestions:

Gah! It was originally "The Manipulator" - I removed the "The" to make it sort higher. It will now be above SexLab stuff.

Already done;)

open console

/me looks angelic and "accidentally" attaches a file ....

Thanks ffabris,

I didn't realise that HoM did the visiting locals thing like SMC. I shall be investigating that shortly.

Thanks for the txt file, I think. Mostly over my head but seems to be some sort of uber-cheat script? I don't really like cheating via the console unless there is no other way. I prefer to walk the thin line between cheese and cheat. e.g my Redguard succubus is, at least in the early game, overpowered in some areas like destruction magic and persuasion. I can (sort of) justify this by her not being human. In fact she is something which preys on humans.

The lost money wasn't really an issue, I soon recovered from it. The gal's a trouper. And that's just in her human form, I've not even tried the actual succubus form. Remind me to tell you the story of when I was playing around with SL Rape and Embry of Riverwood made a bad judgement call. :(

Edit: I'll spend some time exploring the possiblities of HoM and SMC and I'll take a run up to Windhelm as I've never visited that one. I'm in Riverwood at the moment so HoM is the obvious first port of call.

Guest ffabris

I didn't realise that HoM did the visiting locals thing like SMC. I shall be investigating that shortly.

It is a rather simple mod, but yeah, it does have visiting NPCs. No quests, as such, so you don't get to run the place or anything.

Thanks for the txt file, I think. Mostly over my head but seems to be some sort of uber-cheat script? I don't teally like cheating via the console unless there is no other way. I prefer to walk the thin line between cheese and cheat. e.g my Redguard succubus is, at least in the early game, overpowered in some areas like destruction magic and persuasion. I can (sort of) justify this by her not being human. In fact she is something which preys on humans.

"Uber-cheat" is about right, yes. :) Gives you all spells, shouts, perks, etc (well, depends on load order, so some may not work for you).

ffabris.

Can Manipulator help me with this problem?

Some time ago I killed Arcadia, not a clue what happened. Anyway she died and in the blink of an eye she resurrected and Ahlem, who I think was already in the shop, took over the Cauldron (as per the vanilla game).

Now Arcadia stands behind the counter with her usual spiel and dialogue optins except for selling ingredients. Ahlem stands next to her and does the buying and selling.

I have plans for Ahlem so I want Arcadia back in charge of the shop and Ahlem back to being just Ahlem who works at the temple. Can I do this with Manipulator and if so, how?

BTW HoM even with the light patch is way too dark for my eyes. Too cramped for my tastes also. I didn't understand you about public access to HoM with it not having an MCM menu. It was only while I was in the Cauldron thinking about the above that I noticed the option in Manipulator. Ooh, that has opened up possiblities. 'Hulda my dear, you are looking radiant. I have a business proposition you may be interested in......' [Read: an offer you can't refuse] MUAHAHA.