The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

Well, it sounds like I cannot save a fast travel location during one playthrough in the middle of the Blue Palace, and load a new game and jump right back there in a new one.

So, lazy me gets to walk again.

Haha... pretty much. At least for new games. But hey, I'm trying to reduce "work" where I can, like saving NPC info. ;)

Well, it sounds like I cannot save a fast travel location during one playthrough in the middle of the Blue Palace, and load a new game and jump right back there in a new one.

Mh. Wait.

If the player is in a spot. Then it is possible to create, on the fly, a marker (map marker, if you really want) that is exactly on the position of the player.

This is really easy to do.

SexLab, SSX, CSB are doing this every time (but for different reasons.)

Mh. Wait.

If the player is in a spot. Then it is possible to create, on the fly, a marker (map marker, if you really want) that is exactly on the position of the player.

but can you save that marker's coordinates (or whatever Skyrim would call them), export that to JSON (or anything else really) and then load those coords into a new game where the player had not been to that spot before, and moveto that marker?

I had originally thought it was possible, but either ffabris isn't understanding what I am trying to say (as I established in another thread, I'm Comp Sci, not English) or he's not understanding you... or you're not understanding me. Either way, under isn't standing here. :P

Guest ffabris

Mh. Wait.

That's already done - and not the issue. The issue is saving the location of those markers to a json file, and then attempting to read the marker locations back from the Json and put them back where they were set,  when a new game is started. Player is not at that spot.

but can you save that marker's coordinates (or whatever Skyrim would call them), export that to JSON (or anything else really) and then load those coords into a new game where the player had not been to that spot before, and moveto that marker?

I had originally thought it was possible, but either ffabris isn't understanding what I am trying to say (as I established in another thread, I'm Comp Sci, not English) or he's not understanding you... or you're not understanding me. Either way, under isn't standing here. :P

No you can't - at least not without a LOT of fuss. I think CPU has misread the issue.

Guest ffabris

Not a game-breaker but....

I just 'Disabled' an NPC and they disappeared before my very eyes.  :wacko: I thought she would just sort of freeze in place. How do I get her back? :)

What harlequin said. That's what disabling does. ;)

If ya don't know what something does, don't touch!  [runs VERY fast]

Not a game-breaker but....

I just 'Disabled' an NPC and they disappeared before my very eyes.  :wacko: I thought she would just sort of freeze in place. How do I get her back? :)

What harlequin said. That's what disabling does. ;)

If ya don't know what something does, don't touch!  [runs VERY fast]

Faster than the fastest thing on Fast Street in Fastown.

How do Ifind the ref id for something that has disappeared?

Try loading an earlier save, open the console, click the NPC and then record the REFid, then load the save you have after you disabled them...

A cunning plan - it just might work.

Thanks.

for future reference, the better way to freeze an npc in place is via the console, TAI

IF you click the npc and toggle off the AI functions for it, no actions are performed by that npc.

Thanks. I'll file that under 'Hindsight'. :)

Guest ffabris

2.3 is up ... (There was no version 2.2, as I didn't release anything on the 22nd.)

• New: You can now marry harem NPCs, either automatically when adding them to your harem, or selectively, after having added them.

Note that marriage via The Manipulator uses the vanilla marriage factions but does not touch the vanilla marriage quests in any way. Thus if you prefer to use the vanilla system, or a separate multi-marriage mod, The Manipulator will not conflict. However, you will still get the married "hello" and "goobye" comments from NPCs you marry this way, since the text and voice files are duplicated from the vanilla game. Also note that voiced marriage dialog does not exist for all voice types; for those where it is lacking, you will instead have unvoiced comments. Lastly, if you rather not have the voices, simply do not install the included BSA file.

Divorcing an NPC has no penalties. A divorced NPC will remain part of the harem unless dismissed. On the other hand, dismissing a married NPC from the harem will also result in divorce.

ffabris:

YAY!!! Love this: "New: You can now marry harem NPCs, either automatically when adding them to your harem, or selectively, after having added them."

Can we marry them without wearing the Amulet of Mara and I have a favor to ask: can you make multiple marriages too or implement the existing mod in MCM?

Guest ffabris

ffabris:

YAY!!! Love this: "New: You can now marry harem NPCs, either automatically when adding them to your harem, or selectively, after having added them."

Can we marry them without wearing the Amulet of Mara and I have a favor to ask: can you make multiple marriages too or implement the existing mod in MCM?

Nothing of the vanilla system is required. No amulet, no ceremony. And since you an auto-marry any NPC you add to the harem, that means you can have up to 50 spouses, so that's multi-marriage. :)

ffabris:

Nothing of the vanilla system is required. No amulet, no ceremony. And since you an auto-marry any NPC you add to the harem, that means you can have up to 50 spouses, so that's multi-marriage. :)

Awesome!!! Love you for this... you rock... :)

Guest ffabris

:-) It was quite a challenge to do, since I was determined to not touch the vanilla marriage quests in any way, so as not to break them if someone preferred to use that method.

:-) It was quite a challenge to do, since I was determined to not touch the vanilla marriage quests in any way, so as not to break them if someone preferred to use that method.

I personally love it and I think you did a great job. My elf character is overflowed with love so he'd have a lot of spouses. I have a large manor in my game and I will place them all (35) in there. ;)

Guest ffabris

Haha  :-)

Oh, btw, it is entirely possible that I screwed up some voice files when copying. So you may get some unvoiced comments that should be voiced. If that happens, I need the following to try to fix it:

• name of the NPC
  • the line that is spoken without voice.

The only NPCs I can check, however, are vanilla, or the ones added by ETAC.

NPC for which there is no voice will say:

• hello: "Can I help you with soemthing, my sweet?"  << LOL typo! Will fix for next release.
  • goodbye: "Till next time, my sweet."

Been busy - the latest Ubuntu LTS just came out and I needed to update. Anywho, neat about the marriage stuff. Any chance of general harem members getting custom voice lines, like "Welcome home, Master/Mistress"?

Guest ffabris

Been busy - the latest Ubuntu LTS just came out and I needed to update. Anywho, neat about the marriage stuff. Any chance of general harem members getting custom voice lines, like "Welcome home, Master/Mistress"?

Unvoiced, is possible. But "master/mistress" seems to specific. In the sense that I figure some would prefer something less dom/sub sounding (like me ;)). Lines would have to be more neutral, so they could work for anyone.

Enjoy the new linux! I'm on Mint, myself. :)

Guest ffabris

2.4 is up ...

• Fix: voice for MaleEventonedAccented
  • Changed: Moved global harem settings to the Settings panel (and rearranged that), for...
  • New/changed: Flag a harem NPC as Favorite. This allows that NPC to sleep in any bed owned by the player. (In 2.3, all married NPCs were given this ability; now only one NPC will be able to, and marriage is not required. Also note that you can have no favorite.)
  • New: Dismiss toggle on the Harem panel (same as unchecking Harem in the People panel), so you don't have to mouseover an NPC to dismiss from your harem.
  • New: Access harem NPC's inventory. Same as Inventory in People panel, but you don't need to mouse over the NPC. You don't even need to be in the same cell.
  • New: Open RaceMenu cosmetic for harem NPC. Again, same as People, but, again, you don't need to mouse over to access, so you can have a better view of the NPC while editing. (Note: Not available if the NPC's 3D isn't loaded.)
  • Changed: Opening Racemenu on NPC under cursor now defers until the MCM is closed.