The Manipulator

I'll try it without SLA, but you might be right - maybe SLA is simply using something else (part of SL) that is the real problem, and not SLA itself. When you use over 180 mods, you can get some strange interactions.

I use SLA and have 240 mods running without any problems, I did however have some instability when I tried Amorous Adventures, that mod uses arousal states but uses its own arousal scanner which may have been clashing with SLA and causing the CTD's I experienced.

As I run other mods that rely on SLA I prefer to do without Amorous Adventures rather than do without SLA.

I'll try it without SLA, but you might be right - maybe SLA is simply using something else (part of SL) that is the real problem, and not SLA itself. When you use over 180 mods, you can get some strange interactions.

I use SLA and have 240 mods running without any problems, I did however have some instability when I tried Amorous Adventures, that mod uses arousal states but uses its own arousal scanner which may have been clashing with SLA and causing the CTD's I experienced.

As I run other mods that rely on SLA I prefer to do without Amorous Adventures rather than do without SLA.

Lately? I thought the arousal part was removed months ago, then spun off as a standalone, then that was dropped as pointless and SLA:R is used now, to the extent that it is used.

Lately? I thought the arousal part was removed months ago, then spun off as a standalone, then that was dropped as pointless and SLA:R is used now, to the extent that it is used.

If it's been removed I might give it another try, last version I tried was 2.07 and it's up to 2.11 now.

ffabris  - on your OP is written (quote): "If you add an NPC who is currently a follower, he/she will be removed from the CurrentFollower faction."

There is a "bug" in this area: it is true that the follower assigned to the harem is leaving follower status, but when I'm using ATF command "Action">"Summon", the follower who left the service is summoned. The good thing is that that particular follower immediately returns back to the harem.

Why I'm saying this? Because, I believe that there are players like me who sometimes forgets to dismiss the follower before assign her to harem and it will be good if this can be fixed. :)

P.S. - love the 1.9 version and increased number of harem's members.

Guest ffabris

ffabris  - on your OP is written (quote): "If you add an NPC who is currently a follower, he/she will be removed from the CurrentFollower faction."

There is a "bug" in this area: it is true that the follower assigned to the harem is leaving follower status, but when I'm using ATF command "Action">"Summon", the follower who left the service is summoned. The good thing is that that particular follower immediately returns back to the harem.

Why I'm saying this? Because, I believe that there are players like me who sometimes forgets to dismiss the follower before assign her to harem and it will be good if this can be fixed. :)

Not something I can fix. Most probably, AFT (and similar mods) use internal methods of tracking followers. They pretty much have to. So unless you dismiss a follower, AFT will continue to have the NPC in its internal list. I have no way of knowing exactly how the various follower mods keep track of NPCs; they probably each do it differently. All I can do is work with the vanilla game mechanics.

Glad you like the update! :) I found a small bug concerning loading hotkeys from the json file when starting a new game: they are read correctly, and show in the MCM, but not registered with the game. So I guess that will be 2.0 tomorrow. ;)

Oh btw ... I ran across this the other day and wanted to share.

Not something I can fix. Most probably, AFT (and similar mods) use internal methods of tracking followers. They pretty much have to. So unless you dismiss a follower, AFT will continue to have the NPC in its internal list. I have no way of knowing exactly how the various follower mods keep track of NPCs; they probably each do it differently. All I can do is work with the vanilla game mechanics.

Glad you like the update! :) I found a small bug concerning loading hotkeys from the json file when starting a new game: they are read correctly, and show in the MCM, but not registered with the game. So I guess that will be 2.0 tomorrow. ;)

Oh btw ... I ran across this the other day and wanted to share.

Thank you for your answer. OK, I'll try to be more concentrate to not to forget to dismiss follower first. :)

If it's been removed I might give it another try, last version I tried was 2.07 and it's up to 2.11 now.

The Amorous Adventures mod doesn't use SLA at all... and the last time it did was Oct 2014.  Version 1.something a year and a half ago.

It doesn't have Arousal states.  It doesn't have an Arousal Scanner.  It has nothing to do with Arousal whatsoever.

Just sayin'.

"snip"

"snip"

"snip"

The Amorous Adventures mod doesn't use SLA at all... and the last time it did was Oct 2014.  Version 1.something a year and a half ago.

It doesn't have Arousal states.  It doesn't have an Arousal Scanner.  It has nothing to do with Arousal whatsoever.

Just sayin'.

I stand corrected, my memory must be playing tricks on me, I could have sworn it was your mod that I had that problem with.

It's going to be bugging me now, I'll not get any peace until I remember which mod it was, it's going to drive me crazy trying to remember. :s

I just use SL, SLAR, SL Matchmaker, and SL Solutions... and The Manipulator, of course. I think I might spend some time to clean up my Skyrim install. I just got through removing Immersive Creatures. I like it, but it's another mod that just always makes my system unstable. I recently got V13 of Monster Mod... I might try that to see how if it's any more stable.

Guest ffabris

2.0 is up ...

• Fix: on starting a new game, saved hotkeys were read from it, but not registered with the game.

Added: Should be a drop-in update for 1.9 -> 2.0.

Is this possible / wise / already implemented:

Saving the fast travel locations to json for use between saves? There would be an issue similar to the outfits, that if the mod proving the location is not loaded bad things might happen.

Guest ffabris

Saving the fast travel locations to json for use between saves? There would be an issue similar to the outfits, that if the mod proving the location is not loaded bad things might happen.

It is technically possible, I guess, but I haven't done it for the reason you gave. I'll ponder it more... we'll see.

Added: OK, I dug. From what I can tell, there is no way to move or set an object to an arbitrary location within a cell. Moving/placing things requires some other existing reference object. And there is no straightforward way to locate one when saving the marker position. I think it would be possible, but just way to "hairy" to make it worth doing.

On the bright side (and unrelated), 2.1 will have the ability to save NPC values set in People, for later restore (on starting a new game, for example). :)

Guest ffabris

2.1 is up ...

• New: ability to save to config file, info on selected NPCs (People panel). This info can be reloaded at any time (Settings panel). Handy for restoring desired values after starting a new game, or if you crash without saving after having initially set them. NOTE: harem status, disabled, killed and outfits are not saved.
  • Fix: Exposure Rate was not showing decimal places.

One silly question, I now the answer but I'll ask just in case.

The new export feature, only save the basic NPC configuration but still you can't export the Racemenu sliders right?
Because..... (inserting pity image )

gato-con-botas.jpg

I spend a lot of time with Racemenu and it would be great if we can save all that work and customization to a file.

The new export feature, only save the basic NPC configuration but still you can't export the Racemenu sliders right?

gato-con-botas.jpg

I spend a lot of time with Racemenu and it would be great if we can save all that work and customization to a file.

Whatever you do in RaceManu can be exported directly from RaceManu as a preset.

No need to do this in Manipulator.

gato-con-botas.jpg

Whatever you do in RaceManu can be exported directly from RaceManu as a preset.

No need to do this in Manipulator.

How? I never found that option.

Edit, sorry, I mean, the sliders, how can you load all your sliders per character?

Guest ffabris

No way to do it from external code, that I know of. Or to rephrase, if it is possible, I have no idea how to do it. I've never tried exporting NPC RaceMenu data either... not sure how that might be done.

How? I never found that option.

Edit, sorry, I mean, the sliders, how can you load all your sliders per character?

Easy as that? 

It is technically possible, I guess, but I haven't done it for the reason you gave. I'll ponder it more... we'll see.

Added: OK, I dug. From what I can tell, there is no way to move or set an object to an arbitrary location within a cell. Moving/placing things requires some other existing reference object. And there is no straightforward way to locate one when saving the marker position. I think it would be possible, but just way to "hairy" to make it worth doing.

On the bright side (and unrelated), 2.1 will have the ability to save NPC values set in People, for later restore (on starting a new game, for example). :)

OK, so when the PC is present, you can save that location to a fast travel kind of marker, but you cannot save the marker info to something like a JSON? Do I understand that correctly? If so, that makes some sense. Lazy me gets to walk at least once.

Guest ffabris

That's for the player - not for NPCs. Right?

OK, so when the PC is present, you can save that location to a fast travel kind of marker, but you cannot save the marker info to something like a JSON? Do I understand that correctly? If so, that makes some sense. Lazy me gets to walk at least once.

Kinda-sorta. ;) I can place a marker relative to something else, something known. So when setting harem or fast travel markers, that "something else" is the player, yes. I can save the marker location (cell, and coordinates) to Json, hat part is easy. The problem would be on restoring from Json: moving markers to a given cell/coordinates without a reference object. All "move/place" functions I have found require an existing object/actor as a reference.

Correct. I am not aware of a mod-safe way to store the body configuration of a NPC. A few mods allows to change the sliders. But every mod does it in a different way.

Kinda-sorta. ;) I can place a marker relative to something else, something known. So when setting harem or fast travel markers, that "something else" is the player, yes. I can save the marker location (cell, and coordinates) to Json, hat part is easy. The problem would be on restoring from Json: moving markers to a given cell/coordinates without a reference object. All "move/place" functions I have found require an existing object/actor as a reference.

You can try to scan the cell and check for markers. The SKSE id is "kIdleMarker".

You cannot really find the marker that is the location starting point, but you still be in the same cell.

But this is pretty script heavy to do.

Correct. I am not aware of a mod-safe way to store the body configuration of a NPC. A few mods allows to change the sliders. But every mod does it in a different way.

Yes that exactly what I was talking about, I have dozen of Racemenu preset, but they store only the face data, not the body, that why I asked. I tried the BodyGen option (body slider data stored inside an .ini), one by one, but after a few NPC, for some reason, everything star working bad.

Guest ffabris

You can try to scan the cell and check for markers. The SKSE id is "kIdleMarker".

You cannot really find the marker that is the location starting point, but you still be in the same cell.

But this is pretty script heavy to do.

Yeah it would be very messy. So not an option I want to pursue, really.