The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

2.5 is up ...

• fix: array for names of harem members wasn't properly sized; this update has a built-in fix, but if you have more than 25 harem members, I recommend a clean update, per the instructions on the download page. Apologies!
  • new: Harem panel shows harem size in title.
  • new: rename hamem NPC. Renamed NPCs will revert to their original names when dismissed.
  • new: Move harem NPC to player.

2.5 is up ...

• fix: array for names of harem members wasn't properly sized; this update has a built-in fix, but if you have more than 25 harem members, I recommend a clean update, per the instructions on the download page. Apologies!
  • new: Harem panel shows harem size in title.
  • new: rename hamem NPC. Renamed NPCs will revert to their original names when dismissed.
  • new: Move harem NPC to player.

Force Strip: Would it be possible for the stripped items to go in the player's inventory? Or have I missed something?

I'm just about to install the latest versoin. I usually uninstall mods before installing latest versions. If I do this will I lose my Manipulator configs/settings? WARNING: A 'yes' answer here will make me cry. I've been altering NPC sexuality across Skyrim. Bisexuality has gone viral.

BTW I only realised the other day that I was already using several of your mods - HoM, SMC etc. Good mods, thanks for them as well.

Guest ffabris

The rename harem members sounds like a nifty thing - now you can give them all pet names. I imagine the marriage people might want the same for spouses.

Well, since spouses (via Manipulator) are harem members (ie, you have to add to harem, then marry), it applies to them as well. :)

Force Strip: Would it be possible for the stripped items to go in the player's inventory? Or have I missed something?

Might be for simple strip. For "Brute Force Strip", or outfit change, no, as items are not removed but rather the predefined outfit is changed. When adding an NPC to your harem, the NPC will immediately save the outfit he/she was wearing, as well as his/her original name. These are then restored if the NPC is dismissed.

I'm just about to install the latest versoin. I usually uninstall mods before installing latest versions. If I do this will I lose my Manipulator configs/settings? WARNING: A 'yes' answer here will make me cry. I've been altering NPC sexuality across Skyrim. Bisexuality has gone viral.

The config file will carry across versions, so if you have been saving changes to config (People -> Save info to config), then you can reload it in, in a new game, with Settings -> Load NPC Data. Note that there are cases where valid actors won't be found when loading. I think this because the game hasn't yet "instanced" them. Not 100% sure, however.

BTW I only realised the other day that I was already using several of your mods - HoM, SMC etc. Good mods, thanks for them as well.

:)

@ffabris, try Archlinux, once you Arch, you'll never go back... :D

Heh ... I'm "comfortable" with Mint, but thanks for the suggestion! :)

Anyone care to recommend some location/home mods to make a harem?

I'm currently using Silverpeak Lodge, which has beds for 38 and a large heated pool. It also has all the amenities... smithing, cooking, baking, farming, animals, etc. Nice place with a great view.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59543/?

Btw, thanks for pointing out Silverpeak ... very nice! Just need to make some minor changes to suit my personal taste (eg, replace kids beds with adult). :)

can you create option in this mod, something simply similar like "dudestia outfit changer mod" changes npc default outfit?i dont want using(installing) this mods at the same time ;)

You can change an NPC's default outfit with this mod, but you need to create the outfit in the Creation Kit or look up the code for an existing outfit.

Do you want something simpler than that?

can you create option in this mod, something simply similar like "dudestia outfit changer mod" changes npc default outfit?i dont want using(installing) this mods at the same time ;)

You can change an NPC's default outfit with this mod, but you need to create the outfit in the Creation Kit or look up the code for an existing outfit.

Do you want something simpler than that?

i know how to do it:D ;) but i dont want install this mod(dudestia...)if i have manipulator, bcs they are very similar mods thats my opinion :D and my question ,if it is possible that doing option change default outfit for npcs in manipulator? as it is in dudestia mod.

Guest ffabris

Karl already answered, really. Manipulator allows you to change outfit for any NPC. However, it requires that you define the outfits first, in the Settings panel. You need to obtain the name of the mod the outfit is defined in, and its form ID - without the first two (hex) digits.

There is no option to automatically change any/all NPCs to a specific outfit.

Hopefully that answers the question. :)

ffabris - I so love this mod. The only thing that frustrates me (and I'm not blaming you for :)  ) is that once NPC is added to the harem, I can't hire her as follower. When I tell her "Follow me" or use command "Place at me", she always returns to harem and she is "locked" (no cursor over her). Dismissing from harem also locks possibility to communicate with her.

Another thing: Although I didn't change anything about harem member's outfit, the mod forced them all naked and when dismissed them, all their outfit disappeared except weapons.

Guest ffabris

ffabris - I so love this mod. The only thing that frustrates me (and I'm not blaming you for :)  ) is that once NPC is added to the harem, I can't hire her as follower. When I tell her "Follow me" or use command "Place at me", she always returns to harem and she is "locked" (no cursor over her). Dismissing from harem also locks possibility to communicate with her.

The quest controlling the harem is set at very high priority, meaning it will override anything else. That's the only way it is possible to add any NPC to the harem. It will also mean that other mods (eg follower mods) will not be able to control the NPC. So... either follower or harem, basically.

As for NPCs becoming "unresponsive" when dismissed, I think that happens because their vanilla AI kicks in again, and they are supposed to be somewhere else. I suspect they'll be fine once they get back to where ever they are supposed to be... and maybe a game save/load. Not sure about that, to be honest.

Another thing: Although I didn't change anything about harem member's outfit, the mod forced them all naked and when dismissed them, all their outfit disappeared except weapons.

See if you have the Auto-strip Harem option enabled, along with Brute Force Strip (which replaces the outfit as opposed to merely unequipping). That's what it does. I'll see if the outfit is saved before auto-stripping - it should be, but may not be.

Thanks for the answer ffabris. No, I have not Autostrip harem enabled. Girls are dressing off while sleeping (what I like :)  but most of them don't dress up when wake up and they stay naked. It doesn't bother me so much but you see, I place some unique armour on some of them and it's lost once they are added to harem.

So let me just give my opinion about "Potential follower" option in MCM menu: it has no purpose for girls in harem because it doesn't work, but as for the ones that aren't included in harem it is very good option. maybe you can add short explanation about that option. :)

Guest ffabris

Thanks for the answer ffabris. No, I have not Autostrip harem enabled. Girls are dressing off while sleeping (what I like :)  but most of them don't dress up when wake up and they stay naked. It doesn't bother me so much but you see, I place some unique armour on some of them and it's lost once they are added to harem.

Manipulator doesn't undress on sleep. So something else is doing that.

Added: Harem doesn't touch inventory either, at all (well, aside from giving a Bond of Matrimony ring to any you marry). What it can do, if you enable it or use the outfit functions, is to replace outfits. And outfits (for NPCs) are separate from inventory. As far as I am aware, any armor item given to an NPC remains part of inventory, since there is no way to modify an outfit run-time, so it should remain in the NPCs inventory.

So let me just give my opinion about "Potential follower" option in MCM menu: it has no purpose for girls in harem because it doesn't work, but as for the ones that aren't included in harem it is very good option. maybe you can add short explanation about that option. :)

The help for the option says:

: Flag this NPC as a potential follower. Use the vanilla system or a follower mod to recruit.

For Harem, says:

: Add this NPC to your harem. He/she will head off to the location set in the Harem panel.\nNOTE: this can easily break your game.

Will add:

:  and will break follower mods.

:)

Thanks again ffabris. :)

Well I have no other mod for stripping NPCs. Something's wrong in my game in this case. I installed latest version 2 times in the new games and got same "issue".

may I ask you for a favour? - I love the option in MCM menu "Automarry added NPCs to harem". Can/would you add that or similar possibility in "Lover" option? Example: I changed Adraina Avenicci's status from friend to Lover. But, the option offers to marry her via Vanilla "process or some other mod. She is already married with Ulfberth War-Bear. So, if that option can be added, I'll be very happy. there are few others I would love to add as spouses but don't want them to be added to harem, but as followers and spouses.

I wouldn't ask you for that if the "Multiple" marriages mods works properly.

Guest ffabris

Thanks again ffabris. :)

Well I have no other mod for stripping NPCs. Something's wrong in my game in this case. I installed latest version 2 times in the new games and got same "issue".

The house you're in may have it - mine does. All beds have an auto-strip trigger on them.

may I ask you for a favour? - I love the option in MCM menu "Automarry added NPCs to harem". Can/would you add that or similar possibility in "Lover" option? Example: I changed Adraina Avenicci's status from friend to Lover. But, the option offers to marry her via Vanilla "process or some other mod. She is already married with Ulfberth War-Bear. So, if that option can be added, I'll be very happy. there are few others I would love to add as spouses but don't want them to be added to harem, but as followers and spouses.

From the mod description, re Harem:

: Once the markers are set, then you can add pretty much anyone in Skyrim (up to 50 NPCs total) via the People panel. NPCs added this way are automagically set as lovers. They are NOT set essential; if you want this, use Manipulator to set that flag on them.

If you mean something else, then it isn't clear to me. You can still marry her with Manipulator - automagically or manually.

Yea, ffabris my friend, I know for "Auto marry" when adding NPCs to harem, but I don't want to add some girls to harem. I want them to be my spouses "outside" the harem. You see, I added Lover status to 3 NPCs outside the harem but I have no "spouse dialogue" with them as I have with those in harem. So that means I have to marry them. My question is if you can add "Auto marry" option on setting them as Lovers (as optional) in MCM menu so that I don't have to marry them in Riften or to add them to harem if I want them as my spouses.

My apologies if I annoy you and of course, for my horrible English. :)

Guest ffabris

Yea, ffabris my friend, I know for "Auto marry" when adding NPCs to harem, but I don't want to add some girls to harem. I want them to be my spouses "outside" the harem. You see, I added Lover status to 3 NPCs outside the harem but I have no "spouse dialogue" with them as I have with those in harem. So that means I have to marry them. My question is if you can add "Auto marry" option on setting them as Lovers (as optional) in MCM menu so that I don't have to marry them in Riften or to add them to harem if I want them as my spouses.

Ah I see. No, probably not. Why? Because you would have no control over them at all. If you want just the changed dialog that marriage gives you, try this: open console, click the NPC, then type:

addtofaction 000C6472

Naturally, the NPC needs to have one of the voice types supported by Skyrim marriage.

I see.. thanks for explanation...

By the way, Puppet master mod works great with this mod. I cast the spell on spouses in harem and ask them to follow me.. And they do not return to harem unless I dismiss them and as it is the case with AFT. So, problem is "solved" with harem spouses as followers. :)  The only problem is that they do not level autonomously with player.

Guest ffabris

By the way, Puppet master mod works great with this mod. I cast the spell on spouses in harem and ask them to follow me.. And they do not return to harem unless I dismiss them. So, problem is "solved" with harem spouses as followers. :)  The only problem is that they do not level autonomously with player.

That is interesting ... I guess that mod is also high priority. As for auto-leveling, that's set in CK. I don't think there's a way to control that via script. But I could be wrong on that, as I haven't investigated. Either way, I leave that specific issue up to follower mods to deal with. ;)

Guest ffabris

As for NPCs becoming "unresponsive" when dismissed, I think that happens because their vanilla AI kicks in again, and they are supposed to be somewhere else. I suspect they'll be fine once they get back to where ever they are supposed to be... and maybe a game save/load. Not sure about that, to be honest.

I poked at this some today, and found the problem - which surprised me. On releasing an NPC from harem, the code does (did) two things: restore the outfit worn at the time the NPC was added to harem, and also restore the name.

Restoring the name, for some reason, causes the NPC to no longer respond. Very odd!

Anyway, next release will remove this, so if you rename a harem member, the new name will be permanent - unless you rename again, of course.

(Levelled NPCs may revert the name eventually, dunno ... relationship rank doesn't persist through a game save/reload.)

Elf Prince,

Thanks. I never realised that A.A. and Ulf were married! They run a business together, live under the same roof , sleep in the same bed - hmm, what am I missing here? Doh! :blush:  :)

I swept him off to my harem. :D

Just a thought: Could it be a SL mod which is stripping on bed use?

Possible ... or it could be a house mod, as I said. White River Cottage, which I use, has strip triggers on all beds. Or it could be Undress For Bed or something similar.

Either way, it is very odd that Elf is experiencing clothing not being re-worn. There may in fact be multiple things going on here, like two mods both trying to control NPC clothing at the same time, and conflicting.

ffabris,

Could you manipulate things so that non-vanilla player homes are ranked/marked as vanilla homes, i.e. the game ranks/marks you as a property owner?

FYI: The other week when I was messing around with bf strip I did it on the courier. Now I have the 'Naked Runner' appearing out of nowhere every now and again.  Funny as hell. Well, maybe not for him.