Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

Any chance there will be textures for the Demoness' horns? Maybe some bump mapping too?

It's a released mod. 3 weeks ago. It's finished as it was meant to be.

The horns use the skin texture, same as the wings. They're not facegen textures, so aren't meant to match the skintone. So I'm not sure what you're on about.

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

I took a screenshot of my final Skyrim character, Isabella. She is a Nidia.

She came out really good, and will be my main character I use. She is a Necromancer (using Live Another Life), and has lived underground for much of her life.

Also, the robe is from Art of Magicka...it is UNP version, but seems to work well enough for UNPB.

Let me know if you would rather screenshots be posted elsewhere on the forums (like the general discussion thread for such a thing)...but thought it was fitting here. The screenshot I spent a minute or two taking, but it came out rather good. It is a tad dark, but the character shows up fine on my monitor.

I added the screenshot as an attachment. Hope you guys like her :)

I took a screenshot of my final Skyrim character' date=' Isabella. She is a Nidia.

She came out really good, and will be my main character I use. She is a Necromancer (using Live Another Life), and has lived underground for much of her life.

Also, the robe is from Art of Magicka...it is UNP version, but seems to work well enough for UNPB.

Let me know if you would rather screenshots be posted elsewhere on the forums (like the general discussion thread for such a thing)...but thought it was fitting here. The screenshot I spent a minute or two taking, but it came out rather good. It is a tad dark, but the character shows up fine on my monitor.

I added the screenshot as an attachment. Hope you guys like her :)

[/quote']

Very nice, Vendayn. Glad you were happy with the final product. BTW, any UNP armor you put on the UNPB body should fit without issue, as it simply morphs the body to normal UNP :)

Chezza:

The teens are coming along. Albeit, a bit slowly. I'm on the hunt for assets to make Khajiits and Argonians appear younger atm.

Work on the Mjana's Labyrinth mod has basically ground my race mods to a near halt. But just for a bit. Once I get the core of Majana's Labyrinth finished and released so others who wish to build plug-ins for it can get started, I'll be getting back to finishing up my race mods currently on tap.

After that, I'm going to look into replicating the Synx custom race from Oblivion. Then my Skyrim will be largely complete :P

And I'll of course be getting back to adding content to Mjana's Labyrinth myself.

Trykz

Updated the first post with a mounted combat fix for Moonshadow Elves, The Demoness, and Nidia race. It's just a .esp combat data fix, so won't have any negative effect on existing characters. Instructions for use are at the bottom of the first post with the file.

Big thanks to Masterpandabear for the heads up on this.

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8919

Might be something similar, or a mistake with the new Nidia .esp. The poster didn't give much details and it could be his fault too. I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest of Skyrim. So, not sure if its just him or it is more widespread problem.

However...I copied the .esp from the horse fix, and Nidia's hands+feet were invisible and she had a rotting corpse zombie skin for a body. The head was normal, however. I went back to the previous Nidia .esp and the textures went back to normal.

This is using the UNP meshes+textures, by the way.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8919

Might be something similar' date=' or a mistake with the new Nidia .esp. The poster didn't give much details and it could be his fault too. I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest of Skyrim. So, not sure if its just him or it is more widespread problem.

However...I copied the .esp from the horse fix, and Nidia's hands+feet were invisible and she had a rotting corpse zombie skin for a body. The head was normal, however. I went back to the previous Nidia .esp and the textures went back to normal.

This is using the UNP meshes+textures, by the way.

[/quote']

Just went and checked that out.

And as the guy in that thread posted, ALL of my race mods are now fucking broken.

I'm getting pretty sick of fixing Bethesda's fuckups every other friggin' week......

Fuck it.

ALL of my shit is no longer available for download. ALL mods are set to private, and I'm done working on this piece of shit game until Bethesda gets their shit together.

There's NO reason modders should fear every fucking update this garbage game gets. I'm gonna go back to Oblivion until this shit either gets sorted, or finally fucking crashes and burns so Bethesda finally learns something they won't soon forget.

Trykz

I'm getting pretty sick of fixing Bethesda's fuckups every other friggin' week......

Fuck it.

ALL of my shit is no longer available for download. ALL mods are set to private' date=' and I'm done working on this piece of shit game until Bethesda gets their shit together.

There's NO reason modders should fear every fucking update this garbage game gets. I'm gonna go back to Oblivion until this shit either gets sorted, or finally fucking crashes and burns so Bethesda finally learns something they won't soon forget.

Trykz

[/quote']

Sorry to hear about this Trykz, Bethesda has really screwed us over a bit both with this CK and their "unfriendly" updates. First they kill Navmeshes(which I am not sure they have actually fixed with 1.6?) and now they break custom races over again.

I am guessing this is going to effect all the custom races until we see a Racial compatibility update again...

It really is sad to see that a company who knows their game's lifespan revolves around modders just goes ahead and breaks everything all the time. And then limits how much we can mod... And then breaks it again.

Maybe sometime in the future someone may come along and build their own creation kit (with working race proxies and etc) that allows us to do so much more, but I really doubt it.

Even less likely, maybe Bethesda themselves will come to their senses and actually give us something useful.

Either way Trykz, your mods were absolutely fantastic, and you went above and beyond what most other modders would do. You kept us constantly updated on your progress and then even supported us when we were having issues, not to mention the overall quality was AAA.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Race Compatibility can't fix this.

Bethesda changed the way that the Creation Kit uses armor add-ons. This isn't just affecting races. It has broken tens of thousands of armor mods, as well as hundreds of cell mods that utilize custom races or armors (unless you like invisible armors). That Moonpath mod with all the cool custom dinosaurs and shit? You guessed it..... busted.

There's really no way that Bethesda couldn't have NOT seen this breaking more mods than they've ever broken before. It's almost like they're TRYING to sabotage their own franchise. Reminds me of Sony Online Entertainment.

Bunch of fucking retards is what they are. And they want to build and release an MMO? Umm.... yeah, about that. They think the modding community can be a tough crowd? Wait until MILLIONS of Warcraft players review their broken shit in every gaming mag, and on every major gaming site worldwide. MMO gamers will BURY them.

In the MMORPG circle, there is ONE simple rule: Please the Asian gamers, or your game is dead in record time. Just ask Trion games what happened when Rift failed to follow that single, simple rule.

Trykz

Yes, it wasn't until after I replied to you that I found out the actual scale of the destruction they have caused. Any edited NPC's are destroyed, armor as you mentioned... Races naturally. Everything of value is busted.

And guess what happened when I launched steam? I am now the lucky owner of this "updated" Creation Kit too....

Race Compatibility can't fix this.

Bethesda changed the way that the Creation Kit uses armor add-ons. This isn't just affecting races. It has broken tens of thousands of armor mods' date=' as well as hundreds of cell mods that utilize custom races or armors (unless you like invisible armors). That Moonpath mod with all the cool custom dinosaurs and shit? You guessed it..... busted.

There's really no way that Bethesda couldn't have NOT seen this breaking more mods than they've ever broken before. It's almost like they're TRYING to sabotage their own franchise. Reminds me of Sony Online Entertainment.

Bunch of fucking retards is what they are. And they want to build and release an MMO? Umm.... yeah, about that. They think the modding community can be a tough crowd? Wait until MILLIONS of Warcraft players review their broken shit in every gaming mag, and on every major gaming site worldwide. MMO gamers will BURY them.

In the MMORPG circle, there is ONE simple rule: Please the Asian gamers, or your game is dead in record time. Just ask Trion games what happened when Rift failed to follow that single, simple rule.

Trykz

[/quote']

Lolz, I remember that. I was part of the Asian gamers xDxD was really pissed off for like a month. Glad I don't have CK because my computer seems to have a vendetta against it, same with the Oblivion CS.

Fuck it.

ALL of my shit is no longer available for download. ALL mods are set to private' date=' and I'm done working on this piece of shit game until Bethesda gets their shit together.

Trykz

[/quote']

Sorry to hear about this Trykz, Bethesda has really screwed us over a bit both with this CK and their "unfriendly" updates. First they kill Navmeshes(which I am not sure they have actually fixed with 1.6?) and now they break custom races over again.

I am guessing this is going to effect all the custom races until we see a Racial compatibility update again...

It really is sad to see that a company who knows their game's lifespan revolves around modders just goes ahead and breaks everything all the time. And then limits how much we can mod... And then breaks it again.

Maybe sometime in the future someone may come along and build their own creation kit (with working race proxies and etc) that allows us to do so much more, but I really doubt it.

Even less likely, maybe Bethesda themselves will come to their senses and actually give us something useful.

Either way Trykz, your mods were absolutely fantastic, and you went above and beyond what most other modders would do. You kept us constantly updated on your progress and then even supported us when we were having issues, not to mention the overall quality was AAA.

Thank you for all your hard work.

no wonder why none of the custom race mods I got did not work... welp.... ohh well back to vanilla gaming -_- well since I bought oblivion via steam its going to be an ass to wait for it to DL -_-

PS: Navmesh is still broken after 1.6

I thought I would try your work but the link says it is a private link and cannot dl

Just a heads up that I'll be using this post

to showcase the newest mod. Each time a new mod

is posted' date=' the current mod in this post will be

moved up to the main list above

[img']http://webpages.charter.net/trykzy/TrykzPics/NidiaMainPic.jpg[/img]

This race was brought to my attention by LoversLab member Vendayn, who tried his best to get it working properly. Seeing his struggle (and knowing how much of a pain in the ass the CK can be to work with), I offered my help. It's a truly awesome race, with a neat once per day special attack.

When he handed it off to me, I went straight to work upgrading the mod to a proprietary body, and rebuilding the texture sets to compensate for the new directory pathing. I also loaded it with a TON of options, so you can get that special look you want it to have. I included both the UNPB BBP, as well as the CBBEv3 BBP bodies for you to choose from. The default installation body is CBBEv3. So if you want to use UNPB, then you simply drag out the meshes for it from the NidiaOptions folder after dragging the CBBEv3 meshes into their folder (or overwrite if you don't want to keep it).

You need to repeat this process for the texture sets as well. The UNPB body only has one texture set, and that's the original. The CBBEv3 body has the original textures, as well as an optional custom set I added as the default installation textures.

Both bodies and all three texture sets use the same head mesh, so there's no need to move it. It will use whichever texture set is installed to the pathed folder. The texture sets CANNOT be mixed and matched, so make sure you swap in the whole set.

I haven't tested werewolf or vampire transformations, but there shouldn't be any issues. Single races are rarely ever problematic. But in the event something arises, just let me know here and I'll look into it ASAP.

And here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?036ce1j5gdf7a9p

Enjoy! (especially you Vendayn. I hope it's what you wanted, and more. And thanks again for bringing this to me :D)

Trykz

I thought I would try your work but the link says it is a private link and cannot dl

Just a heads up that I'll be using this post

to showcase the newest mod. Each time a new mod

is posted' date=' the current mod in this post will be

moved up to the main list above

[img']http://webpages.charter.net/trykzy/TrykzPics/NidiaMainPic.jpg[/img]

This race was brought to my attention by LoversLab member Vendayn, who tried his best to get it working properly. Seeing his struggle (and knowing how much of a pain in the ass the CK can be to work with), I offered my help. It's a truly awesome race, with a neat once per day special attack.

When he handed it off to me, I went straight to work upgrading the mod to a proprietary body, and rebuilding the texture sets to compensate for the new directory pathing. I also loaded it with a TON of options, so you can get that special look you want it to have. I included both the UNPB BBP, as well as the CBBEv3 BBP bodies for you to choose from. The default installation body is CBBEv3. So if you want to use UNPB, then you simply drag out the meshes for it from the NidiaOptions folder after dragging the CBBEv3 meshes into their folder (or overwrite if you don't want to keep it).

You need to repeat this process for the texture sets as well. The UNPB body only has one texture set, and that's the original. The CBBEv3 body has the original textures, as well as an optional custom set I added as the default installation textures.

Both bodies and all three texture sets use the same head mesh, so there's no need to move it. It will use whichever texture set is installed to the pathed folder. The texture sets CANNOT be mixed and matched, so make sure you swap in the whole set.

I haven't tested werewolf or vampire transformations, but there shouldn't be any issues. Single races are rarely ever problematic. But in the event something arises, just let me know here and I'll look into it ASAP.

And here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?036ce1j5gdf7a9p

Enjoy! (especially you Vendayn. I hope it's what you wanted, and more. And thanks again for bringing this to me :D)

Trykz

if you read the previous page you will see the reason why

tldr: the updated creation kit apparently breaks custom race mods (all custom races mods) thus rendering the said mod useless but since no race mod is bug free the author stated the he/she likes to keep the DL private for now until creation kit is fixed with the said problem/s

Trykz, sorry to see you stop modding for Skyrim, but you don't really have a reasonable choice. Modders like you are literally the only reason I play this game. I love seeing what other people create. I'm pretty much done with Bethesda after Skyrim, mods or no. Anyway, sorry to see you and all the other modders who have contributed so much to this game and my own experience playing it get dicked over like this. Thank you again for sharing your amazing mods.

Trykz' date=' sorry to see you stop modding for Skyrim, but you don't really have a reasonable choice. Modders like you are literally the only reason I play this game. I love seeing what other people create. I'm pretty much done with Bethesda after Skyrim, mods or no. Anyway, sorry to see you and all the other modders who have contributed so much to this game and my own experience playing it get dicked over like this. Thank you again for sharing your amazing mods.

[/quote']

Well, after a bit of thought last night, I decided that I'm going to keep plugging away at Mjana's Labyrinth..... for now.

As long as I avoid adding anything custom to the mod for now, it should be okay to at least get the framework down perfectly for the .esm that I and others will be building from. With any luck, Bethesda will pull their heads out of their asses and get this shit fixed and updated ASAP. My next step was to start importing my custom races into the mod for use as NPCs. But after this, that whole plan has come to a grinding halt.

This is my second go at this mod. There will NOT be a third. If they break it again, I'm done with Bethesda AND their games permanently. The sooner they admit that it's modders that truly breathe much needed life into their boring, bland, and relatively uninteresting games, the better off they'll be. But at this rate, their upcoming titles are already DOA as far as I'm concerned. Including their Dawnguard DLC.

Trykz

Wait..so what if you don't update the CK' date=' just the game? I'm currently updating to 1.6.89, will my race break?

[/quote']

Don't load anything into the CK (like custom races to make followers, or ANY armor mods), and you should be fine with just the game updating.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix mounted combat for custom races without the CK to add the appropriate values on the race form.

Steam is now FORCING updates by deleting certain files through the launcher. And if they keep this shit up, fuck Steam, fuck Bethesda, and fuck modding for ANY of Bethesda's shit from now on. I have other shit to do with my time, rather than waste it making mods for their inept coders to continually break.

Seriously, who wants to mod for a game that gets broken every friggin' patch? I build my stuff RIGHT the FIRST time. They're supposed to be the pros. Yet their shit is fucked up right from release, until modders fix it for them.

Trykz

Wait..so what if you don't update the CK' date=' just the game? I'm currently updating to 1.6.89, will my race break?

[/quote']

Don't load anything into the CK (like custom races to make followers, or ANY armor mods), and you should be fine with just the game updating.

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix mounted combat for custom races without the CK to add the appropriate values on the race form.

Steam is now FORCING updates by deleting certain files through the launcher. And if they keep this shit up, fuck Steam, fuck Bethesda, and fuck modding for ANY of Bethesda's shit from now on. I have other shit to do with my time, rather than waste it making mods for their inept coders to continually break.

Seriously, who wants to mod for a game that gets broken every friggin' patch? I build my stuff RIGHT the FIRST time. They're supposed to be the pros. Yet their shit is fucked up right from release, until modders fix it for them.

Trykz

Wow. I think this is the only time I can say I'm glad I haven't bargained my money in exchange for an item skyrim yet

Nope , nope, nothing bad here folks, move along.

What about just modding for Oblivion Trykz' date=' your a really good modder...

[/quote']

However, I've decided to continue plugging away at Mjana's Labyrinth. The base of the mod uses nothing but vanilla assets, so "should" be safe to continue working on now that the navmesh issue is resolved.

Which isn't overly terrible, as it will allow me to add more content to build from later. I'll just have to wait to release it AFTER they fix all the shit they broke for custom armors and races. At which point I'll start importing my custom stuff.

Trykz

Update!

Seems Bethesda took all the warnings about a speedy fix to heart LOL

Working on updating ALL of my races now. When I'm done, I'll reopen the downloads (in an hour or two).

edit: this fix will also include mounted combat hitbox corrections.

Thanks for your patience,

Trykz