Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

NOTICE!!!

All of these races are currently offline while I sort the latest issues with Dawnguard's vampire compatibility. I currently have no ETA on when they'll be available again, but I'm looking into resolving these issues ASAP. But rest assured that as they are fixed, I'll get them back online after thorough testing. However, it is important to note that I suspect their updated replacements will likely be incompatible with earlier saved games. It may be possible to use the player.setrace command to jump into the newer version of the race, but I won't know until I finish and test them with older save game files.

I report any significant progress in a new thread in the general Adult section where I used to post WIP threads.

Thanks, and my apologies for the inconvenience

After a disagreement with the Nexus administration that started over an image slip (I posted the image over a week ago), and ended with my showing them the error of their ways with the help of my attorneys over usage rights to a part of the Moonshadow Elves mod, I've decided that their "community" is not a suitable environment for me to do my thing. So everything I ever posted/uploaded there has been removed from the Nexus site, and will henceforth be hosted on my personal MediaFire, or my ISP webspace. All mods produced by me (both past and future), will be LoversLab exclusives form here on.

DO NOT USE NEXUS MOD MANAGER TO INSTALL ANY OF THESE RACES!

I don't support it, and I have no intention of changing this. So don't ask.

Finally, I build my mods to suit my own personal tastes, same as any other modder. When you see screenshots I post of WIP (work in progress) projects, bear in mind that this is EXACTLY what they are. WIPs. The characters you see may (and likely won't) look exactly as your own character may look after you exit character creation. So keep your "extra" commentary to yourself. Constructive criticism is fine (and it helps me to improve things when and where it's necessary) If you have trouble understanding this very simple and basic practice of polite community etiquette, allow me to refer you here for a refresher course on avoiding pissing off any modders here:

Ark of Truth's Lovers Lab User Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, without further delay, lets get started:

Mainpic001.jpg

First up, one of my earliest creations:

006.jpg

Moonshadow Elves for CBBE and UNP

This race has been completely revamped, and is now fully standalone with it's own body. It is pre-configured with the CBBEv3 body. Within the meshes and textures folders, you'll find the UNP variants if you choose to use them. Just drag out the necessary files, and drop them over what's already there to overwrite.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And the very first race mod I made for Skyrim,

MysticalElf001.jpg

Mystical Elves

This mod remains unchanged for the time being.

Demoness.jpg

The Demoness

TheDemoness.rar <----- Demoness first person view fix

This is a .esp update only, and shouldn't have any ill effects on previous saves. Just drop the new .esp into your Data folder to overwrite the old one

Now fixed and fully compatible with the Skyrim 1.6 update.

NidiaMainPic.jpg

Nidia Race Revamped

This race was brought to me by Lovers Lab member Vendayn, who tried his best to make it function properly. When he handed it off to me, I went straight to work putting it through my usual treatment for any of my own races. It includes the CBBEv3 AND UNPB bodies, with their necessary texture sets. Just locate the appropriate body files within the mod's folders, and drag and drop to overwrite if you prefer UNPB

These races are now fully repaired after the Skyrim 1.6 game and Creation Kit patches literally destroyed them. They are fully compatible with the 1.6 mounted combat system, and have the first person views as they should. I didn't want to spend too much time testing everything, but all of the important stuff is there and working. Not all of the BBP files are included this time (I suspect a few I included may have been corrupted), so you may need to get the required files from the CHSBHC body mod if you experience CTDs when selecting any of these races. If you encounter any other issues, drop me a post in here and I'll look into it ASAP.

FrostElvesMain01.jpg

READ THIS THOROUGHLY!

This race is something I've wanted to do for a while, but kept getting side-tracked with other stuff. So last week I decided to just sit down and get it finished. This is by far, my own personal favorite of my race mods.

The character you see in the above picture is the actual character that I play, and is also the very first selectable preset:

FrostElfCC.jpg

The only changes I made to this preset, were the hair style and hair color. Everything else is as it appears when you select the race at character creation. The face is actually imported from the save file in this pack. So huge props to rosette for the spectacular job of recreating it.

I left all of the vanilla skintones intact and selectable, but added quite a few skintone shades, in greenish and bluish hues. I was initially going to release this with the UNPB body set up as default, but changed my mind during testing of the CBBEv3 body. However, BOTH bodies (and the necessary texture sets) are included. Simply drag out the UNPB meshes and textures into the main race folders to swap out the body.

The racial visual effect is really neat. Between the game hours of 7pm and 5am, the character skin will become lightly frosted, and the character is surrounded by very light frost wisps. I was very pleased with how it turned out after all the adjustments I needed to make. The effect only applies to the character, and NOT to the armor they're wearing, because I didn't want it to impede upon any of the very cool and highly detailed armors available.

The racial power is a frost cloak effect that does 24dps to anything in melee range. It's usable once per day, just like the vanilla racial powers. The racial ability is a 100% frost immunity, and 25% resistance to magic.

They retain the vanilla stats, but start with slightly higher magic abilities. They're primarily magic focused, but can make formidable warriors and rogues with a bit of attention on those skills, and could make for truly deadly spellswords.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements: none, just drop in the mod and go :D

Known issues: none discovered during testing

As with any of my mods, the same general rights and permissions apply. My races are Lovers Lab exclusives, that I want obtainable from this site ONLY, and MAY NOT be distributed anywhere else.

And now without further delay, here's the file:

Frost Elves

Oh, and don't forget to show off over in the Nexus screenshots section LOL

GuardiansMain.jpg

This race is more about form and function than anything else. A step back from the usual "beauty queen" races I've made in the past. That's not a plug at their looks by any means, because even for a pretty basic race, they're quite attractive. Certainly MUCH better looking than the vanilla races :P

Anyway, they're pretty basic at the moment, because Bethesda has apparently broken something in the CK (again), and no spells, abilities, or powers will stick when added to the race form, no matter what I try to work around it. So for now, I've jacked up their regens, and upped the skills they start with so they'd be viable advanced mode characters.

Once the CK is fixed and I can add racials and abilities again, I'll drop an .esp patch here for you to download that will reset their regens to within vanilla range, as well as add their own unique racials, abilities, and some pretty cool effects I had initially planned for them to have before everything stopped working in the CK.

It's been said that your character needs to be at least level 10 to survive the Dawnguard opening content. This race will be capable of that at level 5. Basically, you'll be able to jump straight into it fresh out of Helgen :P

I was going to hold off releasing this until after the CK is fixed, but figured you guys might like to have some fun with it as-is for now since everything else tested fine. You may also notice that this mod is much smaller than my others. It's because I've only included the CBBEv3 custom body I made for them. So if you want UNPB/UNP/whatever, just rename the meshes to the same as I used, and drop them into the appropriate folder, repeating the process for the textures (no renaming required).

Here's the file: The Guardians

Fix for the hands: :P

Enjoy!

Trykz

General Recommendations for any custom race mod:

Many custom races are experiencing issues (CTDs) with character creation in Helgen. I spent a lot of time testing different ways to get around this, and here's what I've come up with:

1) Deactivate ALL other race mods in the launcher

2) minimize resolution as far as feasibly possible (just high enough to see well enough to create and customize your character)

3) set graphics to medium or low (depending on your video and memory setup)

4) turn off ENB if you're running one (the default key for most ENBs is Shift+F12, Backspace turns it back on)

5) log in and create your character

Once your character is created and through the Helgen bit, you should be fine to fire everything back up, although I HIGHLY recommend leaving other races deactivated (unless they're utilized for follower mods) to avoid potential conflicts

---------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

All of my mods use a standard "drag and drop" folder merging process. If you don't understand what that means, it's a very simple, straight-forward process. You simply unpack the Data folder contained in the package onto your desktop. Then "drag and drop" the Data folder over top of your Skyrim Data folder, merging the two folders together. This will insure that the mod is installed correctly, and should work without any issues or any further requirements.

If you use a mod manager to install ANY of these mods and something screws up, you're on your own.

Thanks,

Trykz

Important changes incoming:

I've decided to start packaging my mods into BSA format that will hold all of the meshes, textures, and scripts for each race. This change is primarily to avoid installation issues, as it removes the user's need to assure proper folder hierarchy during installation. The downside of this is that I won't be supporting multiple body types anymore. The body of choice i'm going with is CBBE, of whatever version is most current. It's simply the more practical choice, with a much wider range of customization.

A while back I said I wanted to use this post to showcase my current WIP. So that's what I'm going to be doing from now on. Revealing them here while they're in development, instead of in individual open discussion threads.

Thanks,

Trykz o/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Coming soon:

Dovahteens

DTGear01.jpg

DTGear02.jpg

DT02.jpg

DT05.jpg

DT08.jpg

DT11.jpg

I'm hoping to get this out over this weekend, but I haven't decided yet. I really want to include males, but a suitable headmesh is proving a bit hard to find.

Elven females are done. I'll get pics of those up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Trykz

Hi congratulations for your mod. I need a killcam fix for your race. Where can i take it? thanks

Main post updated for Nexus downloaders that missed out on the fix.

Enjoy!

Glad you will still be sharing your work. Your Mystical Elves mod is pretty much all I'm using for my PCs right now. I just loaded Moonshadow Elves last week. Love your stuff.

Thank you :)

But it's funny that you should mention using that mod almost exclusively. I say that, because I was at one time thinking that once I have a full character creation menu filled with my own custom races, of making a single .esp compilation of all my stuff combined, which would also set all the default races to non-playable npc only LOL

Food for thought for those who might be interested ;)

I think you should add a tail to the demoness... and I really like that armour mashup. Gonna share that? Though I would like it better if the right leg had the same "armour" as the left...

It's also too bad hooves are such a pain in the ass, she would look SO hot with hooves.

I think you should add a tail to the demoness... and I really like that armour mashup. Gonna share that? Though I would like it better if the right leg had the same "armour" as the left...

It's also too bad hooves are such a pain in the ass' date=' she would look SO hot with hooves.

[/quote']

You know, the tail is a pretty cool idea. But I'm wondering if I could make the beast skeleton work in a human body. If so, the tail may be capable of animation like Khajiits and Argonians. Then it would be just a matter of getting hold of some decent textures for them to match either the wings and horns, or better yet, the body skintone.

Oh hell, I'll try anything once LOL Let me see what I can come up with tomorrow.

moonshadow elves for CBBE seems cant be downloaded. "repair your download" text always show up but for UNP its working properly.

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I just checked it and downloaded. Seems to be working fine.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Trykz

maybe someone who is kind enough can upload it with different link..

I just moved the file to my main folder and updated the link in the main post, so try it now.

I just tried it, and it started downloading fine. If it doesn't work for you now, there's really nothing more I can do about it.

You won't find it anywhere else (or at least you'd better not) as NO distribution permissions have been granted to re-upload it.

Hey Trykz, i dled your Moonshadow elf and it's awsome.I even started a new game and now playing.Congrats!I like using Navatsea's textures for CBBEv3 because i find it supperior to all others.After i tried replacing the textures files i found out that the body tatoos where gone (logical since Navatsea has not ported them).Is there a chance for you to provide such an option?

Hey Trykz' date=' i dled your Moonshadow elf and it's awsome.I even started a new game and now playing.Congrats!I like using Navatsea's textures for CBBEv3 because i find it supperior to all others.After i tried replacing the textures files i found out that the body tatoos where gone (logical since Navatsea has not ported them).Is there a chance for you to provide such an option?

[/quote']

Not a snowball's chance in hell LOL

I say that jokingly of course, but after doing those tats twice, I'm certainly not looking to do it a third time :P

However, I have the tattoo resources on a single .dds that I can provide for anyone who wants to make new texture sets.

I'm also currently working on the tattoo art for my Demoness mod. Which has 3 races, ALL with unique tattoo sets.....

It's like "Moonshadow Elves - the Nightmare director's cut" :D

Trykz

It's also too bad hooves are such a pain in the ass' date=' she would look SO hot with hooves.

[/quote']

hehe the armor is not a mashup it is called witch armor and can be found http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16381.

a tail would sweet as well but the question is to make a short one or a long one.

Glad you will still be sharing your work. Your Mystical Elves mod is pretty much all I'm using for my PCs right now. I just loaded Moonshadow Elves last week. Love your stuff.

Thank you :)

But it's funny that you should mention using that mod almost exclusively. I say that' date=' because I was at one time thinking that once I have a full character creation menu filled with my own custom races, of making a single .esp compilation of all my stuff combined, which would also set all the default races to non-playable npc only LOL

Food for thought for those who might be interested ;)

[/quote']

Hehehe. That would work for me. Get's those pesky vanilla races out of the way.

maybe someone who is kind enough can upload it with different link..

I just moved the file to my main folder and updated the link in the main post' date=' so try it now.

I just tried it, and it started downloading fine. If it doesn't work for you now, there's really nothing more I can do about it.

You won't find it anywhere else (or at least you'd better not) as NO distribution permissions have been granted to re-upload it.

[/quote']

still not working for me..or would u like to send it to my email..:P

Hmm.....

it's odd that you can download one file, but not the other. There is one last thing I can try on my end. Give me a few and I'll upload a duplicate CBBE version to a different folder, and PM you the link.

Beyond that, I really can't think of anything more I can do.....

Trykz

Hmm.....

it's odd that you can download one file' date=' but not the other. There is one last thing I can try on my end. Give me a few and I'll upload a duplicate CBBE version to a different folder, and PM you the link.

Trykz

[/quote']

thx so much mate..i really appreciate it..;)

Hmm.....

it's odd that you can download one file' date=' but not the other. There is one last thing I can try on my end. Give me a few and I'll upload a duplicate CBBE version to a different folder, and PM you the link.

Trykz

[/quote']

thx so much mate..i really appreciate it..;)

No worries...

check your PMs :)

Trykz