Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

I haven't used this account in quite some time, and even when I do it's just to leech, however I would like to thank you formally for bringing this file back up. I recently reformatted my hard drive due to an error and was completely flustered to come back and find that this magnificent mod was removed from Nexus. I must say I protested playing Skyrim for a few days hoping I could get it back to play my previous character save. I am glad to find it hosted here and would like to thank you for 're-posting' it. This is a great mod, and thanks for keeping up with it.

Huge TYVM to Trykz for the great race(s). Playing a moonshadow elf right now' date=' everything looks and works great.

Can't wait to see the next one :)

[/quote']

You're quite welcome.

And without any further delays, The Demoness is now finished and ready for your enjoyment. You'll find it at the bottom of post #2 on the first page of this thread

Enjoy!

Trykz

having some problems with the eyes' date=' it looks like they face down all the time. If I use one of the eye sliders( to make the eyes go back or forth) they pop out too.

[/quote']

Just tested all eye morph sliders through their full range of motion, with multiple eye shapes, colors, sizes, etc..

No issues were found. You either have a conflict with some slider or eye mod you may have installed, or a file is somehow misplaced in your Skyrim installation.

If others report the same issue, I'll look into it further. But I don't see anything that needs to be adjusted or fixed at the character creation screen.

Was this a new character you just created inside the mod?

Sorry' date=' it was a mod I had downloaded that was still in there! It's fine now :)

[/quote']

Cool... I'm glad you worked it out :)

But you should be able to use the extended colors patch to patch the mod (I think). I know other custom races have used it, but since this mod is so proprietary, it might not.

I would think it will, but you never know. All you can do is try I suppose. You'll have to check with the extended colors mod author for how that patch exactly works.

Keep me posted on whether it works or not, so others here that may want to use it will know either way :)

Thanks,

Trykz

Alright, I got the patcher to work. If you've already started a demoness though, it'll be screwed up(missing head,etc). It's better just to start over. Also I've imported my body_0 and body_1 and just renamed them to demoness_body0 and it worked, keeping your body textures. I also used a jiggly skeleton too. I've also used rens chubby cheek face and Bella's better females. There's just a neck seam that I can't seem to fix with texblend.

Alright' date=' I got the patcher to work. If you've already started a demoness though, it'll be screwed up(missing head,etc). It's better just to start over. Also I've imported my body_0 and body_1 and just renamed them to demoness_body0 and it worked, keeping your body textures. I also used a jiggly skeleton too. I've also used rens chubby cheek face and Bella's better females. There's just a neck seam that I can't seem to fix with texblend.

[/quote']

LOL.... they already had a BBP skeleton.....

Did you swap out the head texture as well? Because Ran's headmeshes usually work great with my mods. Moonshadow Elves actually comes packaged with type D as it's default, as well as all Ran's other meshes to swap in depending on personal preference.

But the missing head thing..... LOL, that cracks me up every time I hear it. Maybe someday, Bethesda will fix their shit so that no longer happens. But currently, it seems the limitations in the game engine simply go retarded and loses track of the headparts, even though it has like a gazillion friggin formlists to get the needed info from :P

Trykz

Congrats on the release! I will play it as soon as I get the chance.

Quick (well hopefully) question though, I notice your race comes with the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex (another in the Source folder naturally).

I run the Better Vampires mod in my games, and I was wondering how this is going to work. Obviously, in order to use the Vampire mod, I need to use the scripts it comes with... One in particular being the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex.

My question is, if I choose to keep the existing script and leave yours out - Will it break the race or cause any negative side effects?

Congrats on the release! I will play it as soon as I get the chance.

Quick (well hopefully) question though' date=' I notice your race comes with the [i']PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex[/i] (another in the Source folder naturally).

I run the Better Vampires mod in my games, and I was wondering how this is going to work. Obviously, in order to use the Vampire mod, I need to use the scripts it comes with... One in particular being the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex.

My question is, if I choose to keep the existing script and leave yours out - Will it break the race or cause any negative side effects?

I honestly don't know. But I would check with the mods creator.

But for now, I would just assume that it will break the vampire transformation for the races. And if that happens, you may end up with a headless vampire.

Vampire transformations are all handled via headpart formlists, which are handled dynamically by the RaceCompatibility program. So it may turn out that if that script isn't there for it to add the race to the appropriate headpart formlists when the call is made for it, it will either crash the race, or your character will end up headless, because the script to reassign the appropriate head parts/morphs isn't there to perform that task (I think).

But it's quite likely the vampire mod's creator will know for sure. I know many of the modders who create vampire mods usually go out of their way to make sure their mod works with custom races. But you never know until you ask.

I wish I had a more definitive answer for you. But it's simply easier for the vampire mod creator to make their mod compatible with custom races, than the other way around. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that if a custom race modder tried to build their race to be compatible with everything, they'd never get anything released :P

Let me know what you find out though.

Trykz

Thanks for the Demoness Race Trykz.

Its alot of fun playing as a Demoness, she almost

compels you to play differently..

a few questions,

did you intend to have her horns semi-transparent

and what are your thoughts about a UNP body texture ?

Im making a unp texture for my use but wanted to check

to see if you were thinking about doing one.

snippy!

I honestly don't know. But I would check with the mods creator.

But for now' date=' I would just assume that it will break the vampire transformation for the races. And if that happens, you may end up with a headless vampire.

Vampire transformations are all handled via headpart formlists, which are handled dynamically by the RaceCompatibility program. So it may turn out that if that script isn't there for it to add the race to the appropriate headpart formlists when the call is made for it, it will either crash the race, or your character will end up headless, because the script to reassign the appropriate head parts/morphs isn't there to perform that task (I think).

But it's quite likely the vampire mod's creator will know for sure. I know many of the modders who create vampire mods usually go out of their way to make sure their mod works with custom races. But you never know until you ask.

I wish I had a more definitive answer for you. But it's simply easier for the vampire mod creator to make their mod compatible with custom races, than the other way around. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that if a custom race modder tried to build their race to be compatible with everything, they'd never get anything released :P

Let me know what you find out though.

Trykz

[/quote']

Oh don't get me wrong Trykz, I certainly wasn't demanding you try to make your mods compatible with every single possible mod out there lol. I know that would be a ridiculous assumption on anyone's part:P.

I was just curious if you had an idea of the repercussions. Either way, I did a little testing of my own (as that is about the best way to find something out ;)).

First off, I installed the race compatibility generated vampire script supplied by your mod. The transformation worked flawlessly and I had the disease.

I then installed the better vampires mod over the top of it (as sort of recommended by the author). The spells and so on did not show up and I could not trigger them in any way.

So me, donning my best :megusta: face, decided to attack the problem from an angle that would surely break something horribly.

I kept the better vampires version of the script, meaning the one provided by this mod was nowhere to be found. I then started a new game as our beloved seducer (it's part of the RP, ok? :P) and using the Live Another Life mod I chose to start as a vampire (it looks for your appropriate vampire variant and gives you the disease).

The transformation worked flawlessly again and the spells all came through.

Long story short: Anyone wanting to use a vampire overhaul might be better off installing it before starting a new game - But after the Demoness is chucked in.

Anyway Trykz, I absolutely love this mod and the work you have put into it. The textures are great and everything is just so well polished. I might end up re-texturing my horns... But they actually look pretty good even as this solid colour.

Thanks for this! It is now my main race mod! ;)

Its alot of fun playing as a Demoness' date=' she almost

a few questions,

[/quote']

No plans for it at all. I made a decision a couple weeks back to stick to CBBE, and let others do whatever they wanted for the remaining body replacers. Mostly because only about 20% of the people who downloaded Moonshadow Elves were UNP users. The mod also had well over double the CBBE version users when it was on Nexus as well.

So if you're looking to make something to distribute for those who might want to swap out the body for UNP, feel free. It was always my intent for others to pick up on that, so I can stick to making mods for a single body type, allowing me to put out new races in much less time.

But you say the horns are showing up semi-transparent for you? That's really odd, and the first I've heard of that. But about the only thing I can think of that would affect their texture that much, is probably an ENB setting if your using one. Especially with the gloss texture I use.

You could try using a less glossy femalebody_1_s.dds set, and see if that changes anything concerning the transparency. The gloss layer I use utilizes various lighting levels in a number different ways. Like in dungeon settings, the skin will have a light, almost sweaty appearance. While out in bright sunlight, it takes on a more "oily" look. And when it's cloudy out with no direct sunlight, it has a much more matte appearance.

The horns and wings actually use the same body texture I used for the bodies (without the tattoos of course).

Apart from that, swapping out the body is generally pretty painless and simple. Just be very careful about the naming, and everything should work fine no matter what body type is preferred. But from this race forward, I'll be building them all this way. Primarily because it gives the user the ability to have a completely unique body from the npcs in the game. I may actually step back and revamp Moonshadow Elves as well, giving that mod the same treatment eventually.

The way the game engine is set up, you can actually use any number of body replacers you want. And I've been experimenting a bit with using different body types for different races. So at some point, I plan to do a full-stop body replacer mod for all the vanilla races, to give the game's npcs a LOT more variation than they currently have. Because as it stands, the game is pretty bland in that regard. One body type, with weight being the only real structural difference they seem to have. It's too noticeable, and really bugs the shit out of me :P

The Kerran Sha'rr mod was to be a quick one, being mostly female texture work. But I decided to go with making it a full-feature male/female race. So it's going to take a bit longer than initially planned. When my daughter asked if I planned to do males for that race, she got that weird, scrunched up, wrinkled nose look on her face like I was some kind of alien. So I told her "no problem!". As I usually do when she looks at me like that :s

/sigh.... LOL

Trykz

Its alot of fun playing as a Demoness' date=' she almost

a few questions,

[/quote']

No plans for it at all. I made a decision a couple weeks back to stick to CBBE, and let others do whatever they wanted for the remaining body replacers. Mostly because only about 20% of the people who downloaded Moonshadow Elves were UNP users. The mod also had well over double the CBBE version users when it was on Nexus as well.

So if you're looking to make something to distribute for those who might want to swap out the body for UNP, feel free. It was always my intent for others to pick up on that, so I can stick to making mods for a single body type, allowing me to put out new races in much less time.

But you say the horns are showing up semi-transparent for you? That's really odd, and the first I've heard of that. But about the only thing I can think of that would affect their texture that much, is probably an ENB setting if your using one. Especially with the gloss texture I use.

You could try using a less glossy femalebody_1_s.dds set, and see if that changes anything concerning the transparency. The gloss layer I use utilizes various lighting levels in a number different ways. Like in dungeon settings, the skin will have a light, almost sweaty appearance. While out in bright sunlight, it takes on a more "oily" look. And when it's cloudy out with no direct sunlight, it has a much more matte appearance.

The horns and wings actually use the same body texture I used for the bodies (without the tattoos of course).

Apart from that, swapping out the body is generally pretty painless and simple. Just be very careful about the naming, and everything should work fine no matter what body type is preferred. But from this race forward, I'll be building them all this way. Primarily because it gives the user the ability to have a completely unique body from the npcs in the game. I may actually step back and revamp Moonshadow Elves as well, giving that mod the same treatment eventually.

The way the game engine is set up, you can actually use any number of body replacers you want. And I've been experimenting a bit with using different body types for different races. So at some point, I plan to do a full-stop body replacer mod for all the vanilla races, to give the game's npcs a LOT more variation than they currently have. Because as it stands, the game is pretty bland in that regard. One body type, with weight being the only real structural difference they seem to have. It's too noticeable, and really bugs the shit out of me :P

The Kerran Sha'rr mod was to be a quick one, being mostly female texture work. But I decided to go with making it a full-feature male/female race. So it's going to take a bit longer than initially planned. When my daughter asked if I planned to do males for that race, she got that weird, scrunched up, wrinkled nose look on her face like I was some kind of alien. So I told her "no problem!". As I usually do when she looks at me like that :s

/sigh.... LOL

Trykz

LoL good man Trykz kids rule!! lol but as for any body conversions its rather simple as i use the UNP Blessed body ....all you have to do is open the meshes textures on any custom race then open the body of your choice meshes and textures copy the body you want and paste them into their proper locations for the race you want to use.

ive done it for yaksha....milky...and Cherry races and its worked so far.

i managed to do a full body swap on the demoness but now i have a hideous neckseam lol was going to throw rans headmesh on there but not sure how that would work cuz of the facegen data lol.

Well i gave it the old college try but there some discolorations. A neckseam and the breats didnt come out quite right close but not exact.

oh well gonna have to wait and see if someone comes up with a conversion of somekind.

what did you try ?

you make it sound like you tried changeing something

and posted a image with no real information.

"a conversion of someking" a conversion of what ??

Trykz may think you are showing a image of the mod

with no changes so more info is needed when you post

a image please.

I think I will drop my UNP meshes

and play the Demoness how Trykz made her.

plus this way I can download MORE armors :D

have more options and just enjoy Trykz's work!

Well i gave it the old college try but there some discolorations. A neckseam and the breats didnt come out quite right close but not exact.

oh well gonna have to wait and see if someone comes up with a conversion of somekind.

what did you try ?

you make it sound like you tried changeing something

and posted a image with no real information.

"a conversion of someking" a conversion of what ??

Trykz may think you are showing a image of the mod

with no changes so more info is needed when you post

a image please.

I think I will drop my UNP meshes

and play the Demoness how Trykz made her.

plus this way I can download MORE armors :D

have more options and just enjoy Trykz's work!

Seeing as how i have 0 cbbe quips i tried to convert the body to unp blessed body. if you wouldve read the huge post above you wouldve seen all the comments then my comments on a possibility of tryin to get a diff body to work with it is all. I admit i didnt get close enough on the picture to rely define what didnt go right but theres a hideous neckseam which i used a hair to hide it a bit and if you notice the chest is off color cuz the breats didn take to well.

She still works fine. And im not knocking his work as i use his other races as well. FYI that armor in the pic is a massive mash up that allowes for a killer armor rating thats why i use unp and tried a ghetto-fied conversion. if noone does it i'll work her the way she is or re-roll her and pick up some cbbe.Either way she's a blast to use like his other races and i hope he keeps em coming!!

Seeing as how i have 0 cbbe quips i tried to convert the body to unp blessed body.

I think your biggest problem is trying to use my textures over the UNP meshes.

Here's something you can try:

Place an (O) at the end of each texture filename

Then add in a full UNP texture set

My assumption from the pictures you posted, is that's the primary problem. You won't have the tattoos anymore, but they're more for effect than anything functional.

When you swap out a body mesh, you MUST use textures made for that body, or things tend to get..... weird LOL

-------------------------------------------------------

Have any of you guys tried out Lilam yet? I've heard lot of stuff about the race, but nothing yet about Lilam :P

Trykz

Seeing as how i have 0 cbbe quips i tried to convert the body to unp blessed body.

I think your biggest problem is trying to use my textures over the UNP meshes.

Here's something you can try:

Place an (O) at the end of each texture filename

Then add in a full UNP texture set

My assumption from the pictures you posted' date=' is that's the primary problem. You won't have the tattoos anymore, but they're more for effect than anything functional.

When you swap out a body mesh, you MUST use textures made for that body, or things tend to get..... weird LOL

-------------------------------------------------------

Have any of you guys tried out Lilam yet? I've heard lot of stuff about the race, but nothing yet about Lilam :P

Trykz

[/quote']

im working on lil now gettin her some cbbe then i'll throw her under the bus hehe. (skyrim monster mod,civil unrest,pise,deadly dragons) yeah i run some sinister mods but hey the more the merrier ..so we'll see how she handles it all, let me get her geared 1st.

The lil that i did try on the rework wasnt too bad just had seams hands neck feet and the chest was dis-colored and not quite right.but as you can see covered in gear its really hard to tell lol but i re-rolled back to your original and am gettin some cbbe :)

She's not too bad...tryin to get her to learn new spellz before the shiz hits the fan but for some reason she just wont read the books using the ufo "read that book over there" chat option. other than that she works just fine :)

Scratch that i got it hehe i was tryin to get her to learn speels from my phendrix mod...but once i gave her a reg book from Farengar she learned em now we're really cookin ...literaly!!

im working on lil now gettin her some cbbe then i'll throw her under the bus hehe. (skyrim monster mod' date='civil unrest,pise,deadly dragons) yeah i run some sinister mods but hey the more the merrier ..so we'll see how she handles it all, let me get her geared 1st.

The lil that i did try on the rework wasnt too bad just had seams hands neck feet and the chest was dis-colored and not quite right.but as you can see covered in gear its really hard to tell lol but i re-rolled back to your original and am gettin some cbbe :)

[/quote']

You won't be sorry :D

Especially when all the NPCs look completely different from your character. As of right now, I have CBBE installed for everything. But once I make a full character creation menu worth of custom races, I plan to give ALL the npcs and vanilla playable races the UNP body, and set them all to non-playable :P

Trykz

im working on lil now gettin her some cbbe then i'll throw her under the bus hehe. (skyrim monster mod' date='civil unrest,pise,deadly dragons) yeah i run some sinister mods but hey the more the merrier ..so we'll see how she handles it all, let me get her geared 1st.

[/quote']

You won't be sorry :D

Especially when all the NPCs look completely different from your character. As of right now, I have CBBE installed for everything. But once I make a full character creation menu worth of custom races, I plan to give ALL the npcs and vanilla playable races the UNP body, and set them all to non-playable :P

Trykz

whats her lvl cap at?? she's beast!! normally i have to carry a full rpg size party (4-5) to make through my game, with her i barely even need a 3 man lol. I used to use CBBE until the UNP blessed body was rel. then i siwtched to their mash ups and discovered that you can put bout 7 pieces on temper and enchant em all, i just stuck with it.