Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

quite curious' date=' what did u do to sort it out for custom races? i'm not the "MEMO reader" type so quite lazy to go thru last few pages :P

[/quote']

Pretty simple really:

For each race I've done so far, I loaded in the original raw files, deleted the vampire race variant, and re-scripted the race in RaceCompatibility to remove all traces of the vampire variant. I then saved each mod, and repackaged it into a BSA, saving the original ESP in a separate folder. Then I removed the raw files and scripts, and reloaded the BSA into the CK with the duplicated ESP. I opened the race form and added the vampire keyword, and saved the mod again.

Now I have 1 BSA and 2 ESPs. The BSA archive with the parts, and a normal and vampire ESP. So essentially, if you decide you want to play as a vampire at any time after creating your character, you can simply swap out normal ESP for the vampire ESP, install Better Vampires, and you're all set to play as a vampire. No sunken cheeks, no lightened skin, no red eyes :)

Should you decide again later to no longer be a vampire, simply reset Better Vampires and swap the ESP back out for the normal non-vampire ESP. It isn't my preferred method, but it works ;)

quite curious' date=' what did u do to sort it out for custom races? i'm not the "MEMO reader" type so quite lazy to go thru last few pages :P

[/quote']

Pretty simple really:

For each race I've done so far, I loaded in the original raw files, deleted the vampire race variant, and re-scripted the race in RaceCompatibility to remove all traces of the vampire variant. I then saved each mod, and repackaged it into a BSA, saving the original ESP in a separate folder. Then I removed the raw files and scripts, and reloaded the BSA into the CK with the duplicated ESP. I opened the race form and added the vampire keyword, and saved the mod again.

Now I have 1 BSA and 2 ESPs. The BSA archive with the parts, and a normal and vampire ESP. So essentially, if you decide you want to play as a vampire at any time after creating your character, you can simply swap out normal ESP for the vampire ESP, install Better Vampires, and you're all set to play as a vampire. No sunken cheeks, no lightened skin, no red eyes :)

Should you decide again later to no longer be a vampire, simply reset Better Vampires and swap the ESP back out for the normal non-vampire ESP. It isn't my preferred method, but it works ;)

u see femaleheadchargen contains vampire morph and other morphs in it, i'm not against vampires but i dont like sunken cheeks so it requires to edit tri file which i was asking in forums but none give's a shit to help so considering to do same. 5 threads asking for a simple question and none gave good answer, one was led to offtopic, one didnt come to conclusion and rest of them were ignored.

u see femaleheadchargen contains vampire morph and other morphs in it' date=' i'm not against vampires but i dont like sunken cheeks so it requires to edit tri file which i was asking in forums but none give's a shit to help so considering to do same. 5 threads asking for a simple question and none gave good answer, one was led to offtopic, one didnt come to conclusion and rest of them were ignored.

[/quote']

If you look on the face data tab on the race form in the CK, you'll see a tick-box labeled "Overlay Head Parts List". That box should be unchecked for normal races, and checked for their vampire variants. If you uncheck that box on a vampire variant race form, the physical change doesn't occur. Meaning your character doesn't change appearance in any way.

The overlay checkbox is what tells the game to use the headparts in the list on the vampire race form on your character when you turn into a vampire, instead of the headparts on the regular race form. Which is why it's unchecked on the normal race form, and checked on the vampire race form.

If you look on the right side of the race form on the General tab, the vampire race has the keyword "Vampire", and the normal race doesn't. And therein lies the problem for custom races. For some reason, the game seems incapable of seeing that keyword on a custom race vampire.

Eventually, a solution will present itself that works more fluidly. But for now, the method I outlined in my previous post works pretty well.

u see femaleheadchargen contains vampire morph and other morphs in it' date=' i'm not against vampires but i dont like sunken cheeks so it requires to edit tri file which i was asking in forums but none give's a shit to help so considering to do same. 5 threads asking for a simple question and none gave good answer, one was led to offtopic, one didnt come to conclusion and rest of them were ignored.

[/quote']

If you look on the face data tab on the race form in the CK, you'll see a tick-box labeled "Overlay Head Parts List". That box should be unchecked for normal races, and checked for their vampire variants. If you uncheck that box on a vampire variant race form, the physical change doesn't occur. Meaning your character doesn't change appearance in any way.

The overlay checkbox is what tells the game to use the headparts in the list on the vampire race form on your character when you turn into a vampire, instead of the headparts on the regular race form. Which is why it's unchecked on the normal race form, and checked on the vampire race form.

If you look on the right side of the race form on the General tab, the vampire race has the keyword "Vampire", and the normal race doesn't. And therein lies the problem for custom races. For some reason, the game seems incapable of seeing that keyword on a custom race vampire.

Eventually, a solution will present itself that works more fluidly. But for now, the method I outlined in my previous post works pretty well.

hmm interesting, i was thinking to start working with tri files too so that was like an encouragement for it lol, but as temporally solution for cheeks i was thinking about changing content of headparts, but i'll see if ur solution works too. btw i do get weird problem, my CK doesnt load in Dawnguard at all, i can load it without problems, usualy ck errors but when it's done it's empty, no data has loaded at all, even if i tick skyrim.esm it loads empty, and yes i have added dawnguard.bsa in ini file.

• 4 weeks later...

im kinda curious. why do you have the title of the topic as "release moderator: please delete system wont let me do it"? im not sure if someone already asked this in this topic.

I created the thread quite a while ago. After I rebuilt all my race mods for Dawnguard' date=' the pics and DL links were all outdated. When I tried to delete the thread, the forum wouldn't let me. I think it has something to do with the age of the thread, and the forum settings blocking user deleting after a specific amount of time. It also seems to block changing the thread type. Hence, the [REL'].

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone direct me to the updated Dawnguard versions of your wonderful Race-Mods? After a computer meltdown and replacement computer (under warranty, luckily), I have finally re-installed Skyrim and am ready to begin again with my adventures...but can't think of doing so without my MoonElf. :-)

Nevermind - I think I have located them at http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=10635&highlight=Dawnguard

• 1 month later...