Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

I dont use an ENB it kills my fps. i cant create the race but i can use sasha holy crap she's freakin huge even more so cuz im playin a half-ling lol.

LOL.....

I'll try and get a look into the mod by this evening. It's likely something simple that I forgot to set up before I assembled the package.

Trykz

ENB Huh..Shift F12.. alright I'll try it :) thanks for the info. I'll see if it works.

Edit: :( didn't work for me either. darn it. It looks smooth on your screen shots though.

Edit: after reading that last post about CTD being caused by too many mods and being outdoors..I have an idea' date=' the alternate start, starts you indoors during the character creation..lets see if that works. Less activity out there only you and your character.

Edit: Continueing the Trouble shoot. Alternate start didn't work either...where you start in a cell ENB off mods off didn't work either.

[/quote']

Alright.

Things got a bit busier than I expected here today, so I didn't get to do much. I'll have a more in-depth look in the morning before I do anything else.

For now I'm going to set the mod to private until I sort it.

Trykz

So I couldn't wait, and I wanted to know now.

Right now.

KerranTest01.jpg

So I took a look into the mod and everything appeared to be set up correctly. So I load up a fresh Save folder, and took the cart ride to Helgen.....

Upon entering the RaceMenu after Hadvar asked who the hell I was, I immediately tried to select Nord Female. Boom, insta-CTD. So after disabling EVERY mod I'm currently running, I tried again, and again selecting Nord Female. Boom..... STILL insta-CTD.

So here's how I got it to work:

After re-enabling all of my mods and sorting my usual load order, I loaded up the launcher. Suspecting the initial texture explosion I figured it was in my earlier post, which is usually caused by being out in the open world when entering the racemenu, I set my graphics quality to LOW. I didn't lower my resolution (1920x1200), JUST the graphics quality.

It worked without a hiccup.

As I figured, when you blow up the textures folder with countless armor, body replacer, or cell textures, and then enter the RaceMenu, the shitty game engine just falls over dead, regardless of whether you have ANY mods actually enabled or not.

It's pretty pathetic if you think about it. Bethesda's LAST game outperforms their latest. I REALLY wish they'd just suck it up, and release the REAL Creation Kit for this piece of shit, so modders can actually FIX their shitty, half-assed game engine once and for all.

So that's basically it:

1) Drop video quality to lowest settings

2) create your new female character (I suggest turning brightness up a tad before you load into the game, or you can't see shit to customize)

3) get into the Keep (or anywhere really once you're out of the RaceMenu), and then crank everything back up to normal

hopefully the douches at Bethesda fix the RaceMenu issue themselves. Probably around the same time they fix their self-inflicted retard patch that broke almost EVERY housing mods navmesh. Likely sometime after their upcoming MMORPG falls flat on it's face.

I made a few changes to The Kerran Sha'rr mod, so I'll be re-upping the repackaged mod in the morning. So it will remain set to private until after that.

Trykz

After testing the changes I made this morning, I found that the racemenu issue gets even worse. Basically locking up the game completely whenever you enter it, regardless of video settings.

So the Kerran Sha'rr mod is officially scrapped.

I have other, better shit to get done. My daughter is happy with it as is, and that's good enough for me at this time. However, as a release it doesn't attain my level of quality standard, and I'd rather it simply not circulate for now.

I'll revisit the mod when I have more time, and less important shit to get done.

I've saved all of the files to rebuild it at some point in the future, but I currently have far too much better, higher quality stuff to work on.

Trykz

The guys at bethesda probably don't even know of this problem' date=' because their "developers quickstart" opens the showracemenu inside the dungeon below helgen keep. :-I

At least navmesh will be fixed with the next update.

[/quote']

That figures..... I'm not really surprised in the least. But I'm pretty sure they're aware of it. Countless modders have complained about their mods getting blamed for crashes related directly to using the showracemenu command from the console. I don't expect they'll ever fix either. They wouldn't want to revamp the entire Helgen sequence to put the player indoors at some point after the cart ride, and then moved outdoors after character creation for the Alduin attack.

Which is why such a setup will likely only ever be done by modders.

It's good to hear the next update will resolve the navmesh issue. I'm REALLY anxious to get back on the Mjana's Labyrinth mod as soon as I finish up the few race mods I have left to complete ;)

Thanks for the heads up :D

Trykz

I want to send Bethesda a letter on how disappoint I am. How do you make a game so good' date=' but then not let us mod it like the last one? HOW?

[/quote']

Simple.....

the corporate jackasses that make all the final decisions don't like sex mods...... or something.

But I'd never have thought they'd stoop so low as to shortchange the majority of their fanbase, who basically keep their games alive and updated with new content almost daily.

When they release their next rpg, if we still don't have a REAL AND FULL toolset like we got for Oblivion and Fallout, I'll be giving it a pass. When modders stop adding new and exciting shit to their stupendously boring and bland vanilla games, causing users to basically put them to pasture after the first playthrough, maybe they'll start getting the message.

Seriously. Without mods, Skyrim sucks ass once you wreck Alduin at level 8 on vanilla master mode (yes, I killed him on master mode at level 8 without ANY mods, a week after I bought the game).

If not for mods and modding, I would have considered this game a complete and utter waste of 50 bucks after that.

Trykz

I want to send Bethesda a letter on how disappoint I am. How do you make a game so good' date=' but then not let us mod it like the last one? HOW?

[/quote']

Simple.....

the corporate jackasses that make all the final decisions don't like sex mods...... or something.

But I'd never have thought they'd stoop so low as to shortchange the majority of their fanbase, who basically keep their games alive and updated with new content almost daily.

When they release their next rpg, if we still don't have a REAL AND FULL toolset like we got for Oblivion and Fallout, I'll be giving it a pass. When modders stop adding new and exciting shit to their stupendously boring and bland vanilla games, causing users to basically put them to pasture after the first playthrough, maybe they'll start getting the message.

Seriously. Without mods, Skyrim sucks ass once you wreck Alduin at level 8 on vanilla master mode (yes, I killed him on master mode at level 8 without ANY mods, a week after I bought the game).

If not for mods and modding, I would have considered this game a complete and utter waste of 50 bucks after that.

Trykz

Don't forget the amount of bugs! "Hey guys look, a new patch with horse combat to hide the fact that we added more bugs!"

Oh man...you know i had noticed something quirky with the race menu once I started loading the better textured avatars....I imagine the HD textures they do this with also cause issues like this... I've stuck to the Lite low quality textures for the most part and it seems to run ok.

Alternate start, It starts you inside a single small room where you can show race menu and i still crashed... is the texture a High medium or low quality ..I know my PC can't handle HD type textures x.x been sticking to the lower quality ones.

Oh man...you know i had noticed something quirky with the race menu once I started loading the better textured avatars....I imagine the HD textures they do this with also cause issues like this... I've stuck to the Lite low quality textures for the most part and it seems to run ok.

Alternate start' date=' It starts you inside a single small room where you can show race menu and i still crashed... is the texture a High medium or low quality ..I know my PC can't handle HD type textures x.x been sticking to the lower quality ones.

[/quote']

I'm sure they weren't HD textures, but they may have been high quality 2048, that I pretty heavily modified. I always save them with DXT5 compression, and generated new mipmaps every time I edited them.

But nevertheless, I'll be completely rebuilding this race at some point in the future, because I REALLY want to use it for NPCs in the Mjana's Labyrinth mod I plan to revamp as soon as the coming patch is out of beta, assuming the navmesh issues are really fixed this time.

I plan on utilizing an alternate start inside the required Fallsview house mod, with an alternate path to the Whiterun sequence for the main questline. As soon as I figure out how to add the Helgen shit as "completed" (as in Helgen gets scorched to the ground without you needing to start there), I'll basically be able to start ALL my races inside the Fallsview house, and then rebuild and reuse Helgen for much more "interesting" stuff. In the vanilla game, scorched Helgen gets occupied by weak-ass bandits (go-go Bethesda creativity? :P)

I want to add about 8 more races, at which point I'll be offering an alternate version of the Mjana's Labyrinth mod with every vanilla race set as non-playable NPC, essentially adding an entirely new beginning to the game for custom races only. If you're playing a custom race, it won't really matter what I do with the vanilla races. But most likely they'll remain unchanged, except for some pretty generic purposes.

Trykz

Try this for an alternative start. That's essentially what I am using, when I don't want to play the intro all over again.

It let's you start at the very end of the helgen dungeon. You can choose your race and weather you followed Hadvar or Rolof. :)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8207

Every other alternative start you can come up with would be also very well appriciated. But maybe the above mod helps a little with the testing.

And I don't think it has to be ill will, that they haven't fixed it until now. It's like with the navmesh thing.

They explained that they very well heard of the problems everybody had, but weren't able to replicate them, because they build content differently than the modbuilders.

So maybe that's the case with those crashes too?!

And with such a humongous game with such great player freedom, there will be bugs. I'm pretty happy with skyrim, because it has much less bugs than morrowind or oblivion had.

But I am not that into modding myself, so I guess there is a whole world of frustration I don't even know about.

Hello Trykz,

Just wanted to pop in here and thank you again for all of your hard work. I have been unable to play Skyrim for the last month, as my computer processor fried itself. Luckily I had a warranty that paid me the full purchase price of my computer (it was just barely over a year old), so I have ordered a new, custom-built computer which should be here in a couple more weeks. The new computer will be better in most all respects compared to the old one, especially the GPU. One of the first things I plan to do will be to install your Custom Race Mods (and your house mod - not sure what other mods you have around here) and give them a try. I LOVE your idea of combining all of your Races into one Mod eventually!

Keep up the great work, and I hope to be trying out all of your mods soon!

Try this for an alternative start. That's essentially what I am using' date=' when I don't want to play the intro all over again.

It let's you start at the very end of the helgen dungeon. You can choose your race and weather you followed Hadvar or Rolof. :)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8207

Every other alternative start you can come up with would be also very well appriciated. But maybe the above mod helps a little with the testing.

And I don't think it has to be ill will, that they haven't fixed it until now. It's like with the navmesh thing.

They explained that they very well heard of the problems everybody had, but weren't able to replicate them, because they build content differently than the modbuilders.

So maybe that's the case with those crashes too?!

And with such a humongous game with such great player freedom, there will be bugs. I'm pretty happy with skyrim, because it has much less bugs than morrowind or oblivion had.

But I am not that into modding myself, so I guess there is a whole world of frustration I don't even know about.

[/quote']

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that.

They couldn't replicate the problem, because they don't actually build navmesh the way modders do. Their toolset is altogether different from the CK, with the more refined stuff automated (like navmesh generation that actually fits to the cell borders, and cuts out pieces with objects in their path. But even that isn't foolproof.

For instance, when you see Irileth during to Western Watchtower sequence, run off the path and a few feet into a field, then come back to the path and continue on. That's the npc AI searching for a usable border to cross over.

If you follow directly behind Irileth, you can see that she doesn't follow exactly the same pathing as the guards do. And looking at the navmesh in the CK, the path she follows has no usable border in that spot for her to move onto the next navmesh. The guards follow a path slightly to her right, where a usable border allows them to move seamlessly down the path toward the tower. I saw the problem as soon as I saw it in the CK:

A patch of grass.

Have you finished laughing yet? :P

Seriously. A patch of grass growing out of the road, that the navmesh generation tool tried to cut around. Right on the navmesh border LOL

It still isn't fixed. Why?

Because the lazy bastards at Bethesda think players are morons who will think "oh look, she's searching the field for the dragon! That's sooo cool and 'immersive'!", and modders know nothing, can't add 2+2, and would never see the reality behind such a minor issue.

THAT is why modders get frustrated. Especially when you get retards like the diehard fanbois who troll places like the CK site and Nexus, who believe Bethesda are gods and couldn't possibly have made such a mistake, and that mods are evil and modding shouldn't be allowed at all anyway. It reinforces the high and mighty attitude Bethesda displays every now and then. When they stop living on the pedestal, and looking down their noses at modders who usually find fixes for their mistakes MONTHS before they do, and perhaps stop shortsticking modders on things like the REAL Creation Kit used to build the game, then maybe things would calm down a bit.

They simply need to realize the truth behind the lasting success of their games:

The fanbois will shelf them loooooong before modders (and those with an appreciation for modding) will.

But enough of my rant.

This mod has exactly the right idea for an alternate start:

Live another life

If the other guys works the last few kinks out of the Helgen destruction in the one you linked, then a combination of the two would be perfect.

Daelda:

You're quite welcome.

It always sucks to hear that someone lost their gaming rig. Especially when it's just outside of the warranty period. Thankfully it happened to you while it was covered. But the wait for a replacement sucks just as much.

I put my rigs through the most severe pounding I can during the first year. If they're gonna die, that's when I want it to happen :D

Trykz

Hm, that looks interesting. I will most definitely try the alternive life thing you linked there. Thanks.

Offtopic:

And that Skyrim isn't perfect should be obvious even to the fanboys. You just have to look somewhere at the wilds a bit closer, and you will find hollow rocks that don't connect to the floor or plants and stones that fly a foot in the air for no particular reason. XD

I get the impression that they build wide parts of the area just looking from one perspective. You just have to walk and look from another angle and it already looks messed up.

Still not as buggy as oblivion tho. ;)

Hello! Normally I only lurk here, to be honest. But I came across your file(s) when they were locked and under rehab. I ended up following it for a few days until it finally became unlocked, and downloaded The Demoness and Moonshadow Elves the second I could, and I had to break my anonymous streak to give you kudos on the races.

Something conflicted, however, and using "Setplayerrace" and scrolling over those races crashes my game faster than actually hitting "Exit to desktop" D: still no remedy.

But I digress, from the screenshots and lurking through the forums, fantastic job! Wonderful work on those races, and I'm sorry the Kerran races were trashed. Would love to see more of your work! Best of luck with everything, thanks again! :blush:

Hello! Normally I only lurk here' date=' to be honest. But I came across your file(s) when they were locked and under rehab. I ended up following it for a few days until it finally became unlocked, and downloaded The Demoness and Moonshadow Elves the second I could, and I had to break my anonymous streak to give you kudos on the races.

Something conflicted, however, and using "Setplayerrace" and scrolling over those races crashes my game faster than actually hitting "Exit to desktop" D: still no remedy.

But I digress, from the screenshots and lurking through the forums, fantastic job! Wonderful work on those races, and I'm sorry the Kerran races were trashed. Would love to see more of your work! Best of luck with everything, thanks again! :blush:

[/quote']

The racemenu problem is another bug Bethesda introduced, that's affecting numerous race mods, on top of the pre-existing showracemenu and player.setrace console command issues. Which is why I ALWAYS recommend starting a NEW character.

I posted something similar in another thread earlier today, but here's something you can try, in a bit more detail:

Set ALL graphics settings to low in the game launcher

Lower display resolution as much as is feasible

Turn off ENB if running

Go to any mostly empty cell, such as the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun and find a good lighting spot to customize in

Open the console and type TGM to enter godmode and protect from skill loss/reset

Close the console and switch race

If that works:

Open the console while still in Godmode

type showracemenu while in FIRST PERSON mode, NOT third

close the console

customize your character to your liking

when finished reopen the console and type TGM (to exit Godmode)

close the console

Make a CLEAN save with all your changes

Log out to the desktop (NOT the Main Menu)

Relaunch the game and PRAY

If all went well, your character will retain ALL of the changes you made through the save. If not, you'll be headless and screwed. Start a new character :P

Beyond this, I don't know. I despise the console, and these commands in particular, ever since these issues began to surface in even the earliest of race mods.

In any event, I hope it works for you

Trykz

Just wanted to post a heads up that I currently have the Moonshadow Elves CBBE version in the CK for a rework.

Not because of any issues with the mod, but to give it a proprietary set of body meshes. The UNP version will get the same treatment at some point in the near future as well. Currently, both versions only use proprietary texture sets, but share whatever body replacer meshes you have currently installed.

If you use something other than CBBE or UNP, I'll also be posting instructions on how to swap things out without loading anything into the CK. I want all of my races to be 100% standalone, so they should never have any compatibility issues.

Thanks,

Trykz

I just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely races. Quite honestly' date=' it seems your races look and work great, the moonshadow being my favorite lately.

I find myself always checking back here to see what you have cooking up.

Thanks again!!

[/quote']

You're quite welcome :)

And as of right now I have about 5 mods on tap, with Mjana's Labyrinth being the behemoth that will utilize both my current AND upcoming custom races. I've mapped out around 120 new NPCs for that mod, utilizing ALL of my races as it expands. Which is why compatibility will be a major concern. They all have to work together within a single Skyrim installation, if I'm to use them in Mjana's Labyrinth.

I don't know what (if any) negative effects the changes might have on existing Moonshadow Elf characters, but I'll be thoroughly testing everything on my own save files before I release it. If it burns my saves, I'll scrap it and just not use the race in the other mod. But I'm not expecting there to be any problems at the moment.

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Thanks so much for taking your time on the Nidia mod. :) I'll give you my feedback sometime in the next few days. Probably sometime next week. Today is the only day I have free time, and maybe late tomorrow.

I'll actually try the various options and see what I like best (starting with the default, of course). Since

Hopefully others like the Nidia race as well. It is a great race and looks really nice.

Also, maybe you forgot, unless it is meant to be like that. But looking through the folders (and I see what you meant, easy enough to change the textures/meshes)...but there are no files in...

(meshes) NidiaCBBEv3 folder under character assets -Nidia options

also (textures) NidiaBody and CBBELE folder has nothing in it.

And gloss layers Gloss3 has no files in it (textures)

All the other folders have files in them. I use 7zip, but don't think that matters. But thought I would give you a heads up.

Thanks so much for taking your time on the Nidia mod. :) I'll give you my feedback sometime in the next few days. Probably sometime next week. Today is the only day I have free time' date=' and maybe late tomorrow.

I'll actually try the various options and see what I like best (starting with the default, of course). Since

Hopefully others like the Nidia race as well. It is a great race and looks really nice.

Also, maybe you forgot, unless it is meant to be like that. But looking through the folders (and I see what you meant, easy enough to change the textures/meshes)...but there are no files in...

(meshes) NidiaCBBEv3 folder under character assets -Nidia options

also (textures) NidiaBody and CBBELE folder has nothing in it.

And gloss layers Gloss3 has no files in it (textures)

All the other folders have files in them. I use 7zip, but don't think that matters. But thought I would give you a heads up.

[/quote']

LOL..... I probably forgot to put them back after swapping them in and out. I'll set the download private, fix it and re-up it.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Trykz

It's fine.... I see what you mean, but those are just the empty folders to place the currently configured textures in when they get swapped out for something else.

The set that is currently configured is the CBBELE set, and it's using the _s textures from the gloss03 folder:

femalebody_1_s

femalehands_1_s

femalehead_s

So when you swap out texture sets, just put those three files back in the gloss03 folder :)

If you want less or no gloss, just use the ones in gloss01, gloss02, or the no gloss folders to get the look you want :)

Those also work with all three texture sets.

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Hm, probably my end. I did use CBBBLE for my previous main character, which had a bunch of stuff included in it. That is only body mod I used before. Though, you set Nidia to use our own textures/meshes. And I saw your screenshots and it all looks good, so I'm guessing I may need a fresh data folder (or at least for character models). In case not...

I've tried various options and the character model works. However, the textures (no matter the gloss or body type) are completely blue in exteriors. Indoors (like Riverwood inn), the textures come up to be more skin colored (maybe partly due to the fire), but are overly bright.

It may just be my end of things, and something with CBBBLE. But thought maybe you would know what is up with that. The vanilla races don't have that problem, and the eyes/hair show up fine. The lips are kind of effected too. Just the nidia race seems to have this problem for me.

(update)

Well, I removed CBBBLE, in case it was that. Since that was only thing that changes body mesh and textures. Outside of some of my companions, but they use custom textures and meshes. And same problem. Just with the Nidia race that happens. Hm.

I also tried removing the enb mod I use, in case for some reason it was that. But that didn't do anything.

Seems the meshes themselves work. Just something going off with the textures.

(update)

And just to be sure it wasn't another mod interfering. Deactivated all mods except Nidia and Racecompatibility and I still get the blue textures. It makes her look like a smurf :P