So did what you said...copied those files over...loaded wet redux 39....ran loot and finis. No change, Wet Redux shows up in the MCM and under the requirements portion it shows NIOverride/Racemenu 3.40+ ...........Broken. I am then assuming because of that, none of the other Wet Redux Menu's work.

Okay, so I've been pulling out what hair I have left over this mod.

The test version for SSE works mostly fine. Huge thanks to Snarfies, amazing job. I've got textures auto-changing. Facial textures are also working, and I'm not having any of the jittering texture pop-in effect on faces that others have mentioned in the past. Run through a dungeon with two followers. We get to the end and kill Illia's fucked up mom. Sweat everywhere. Look like we've been through hell. Aesthetics have been achieved.

BUT if I wait about thirty seconds, the effect goes away. I've spent the last two hours messing with the settings to try to slow the "decay" rate of the wet effect. It's affected by the weather obviously and I have a few standard weather mods employed. I was thinking that maybe it was under the impression the weather was pleasant even though it was raining because modded SSE has a hell of a lot more "stages" for weather than vanilla. Changing the settings didn't seem to make a difference.

I thought SexLab may be the culprit. Cranked all the settings up as high as they would go. No dice. My character can look like she's run through a field of baby oil one second, and the next she's bone dry. Sometimes this happens at the beginning of the animation (any animation), sometimes it happens at the end.

So they I said to hell with everything. Removed all negative wetness modifiers. Turned up everything as high as it would go. I spend thirty seconds running into a wall, pause to take stock, and I'm soaking wet. Start SL? Poof. Drying technology like this could put the towel industry out of business.

I don't get it. Unless there's some sort of behind-the-scenes algorithm that ticks down the wetness rate without any indicator in the MCM. I dunno. Any ideas?

Fuck.

OK so for me mod is working on SSE, but if I try to go to auto -apply section and enable the effect globally (only males and females) the game WILL crash to desktop without any error messages. It varies, sometimes in like 10 seconds, sometimes it can for a minute or two but it will crash 100%.

If you would like you can test it, go to an area with lot of npcs, (normally I go to Whiterun / dragonsreach) and enable the npc auto apply section. You have a minute a you will crash. I tried multiple conversions, including the latest from Andreis. I have tried with textures, without textures, with 4 K version of textures, CTD every time.

If I just apply the effect to the player character it works, and no issues. If my character is female or male does not matter, game is rock solid. 

Enable auto apply -BAMM ---CTD.

Three things I  would like to know:

1.  Is it happening with you guys as well, or am I cursed?

2. Is it an SSE issue or it does it on LE too? (if it is not just me)

3. Is there a solution or fix?

Halp me please?

On 6/23/2019 at 4:46 PM, Lord Ariakas said:

OK so for me mod is working on SSE, but if I try to go to auto -apply section and enable the effect globally (only males and females) the game WILL crash to desktop without any error messages. It varies, sometimes in like 10 seconds, sometimes it can for a minute or two but it will crash 100%.

If you would like you can test it, go to an area with lot of npcs, (normally I go to Whiterun / dragonsreach) and enable the npc auto apply section. You have a minute a you will crash. I tried multiple conversions, including the latest from Andreis. I have tried with textures, without textures, with 4 K version of textures, CTD every time.

If I just apply the effect to the player character it works, and no issues. If my character is female or male does not matter, game is rock solid. 

Enable auto apply -BAMM ---CTD.

Three things I  would like to know:

1.  Is it happening with you guys as well, or am I cursed?

2. Is it an SSE issue or it does it on LE too? (if it is not just me)

3. Is there a solution or fix?

Halp me please?

How did you get it working??

On 6/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, Durante said:

Does anyone know what causes some mod NPC's to not get wet textures applied to the head? Or get the dark face bug once wet textures are applied?

u need to open thier esp and go to  headpart and make sure the folloing aras are same for each head part. eyes and hair dont matter justs the ones listed as head
1721873978_Annotation2019-07-03123817.jpg.536c6053e87fda67bde2e3a35df4b017.jpg

dont change the editor id just the name. if its not that then they may have put the wrong file for the face texture in the head nif. for dark face it an beither the 2 things in just possted here. usualy the dark face bug with wet texture is cause the wrong texture p;ath for tthe hightligted item in pic290080348_Annotation2019-07-03124300.jpg.6a502498f1c34f8c443e60a58bb3fac0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, Durante said:

Does anyone know what causes some mod NPC's to not get wet textures applied to the head? Or get the dark face bug once wet textures are applied?

On 7/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, sidfu said:

u need to open thier esp and go to  headpart and make sure the folloing aras are same for each head part. eyes and hair dont matter justs the ones listed as head
1721873978_Annotation2019-07-03123817.jpg.536c6053e87fda67bde2e3a35df4b017.jpg

dont change the editor id just the name. if its not that then they may have put the wrong file for the face texture in the head nif. for dark face it an beither the 2 things in just possted here. usualy the dark face bug with wet texture is cause the wrong texture p;ath for tthe hightligted item in pic290080348_Annotation2019-07-03124300.jpg.6a502498f1c34f8c443e60a58bb3fac0.jpg

I ran into this blue/dark face problem with at least one custom follower, possibly more I haven't visited yet (new game, testing...)

So I understand the Head Part records in the ESP -- EDID and FULL - Name must match (i.e. edit FULL - Name to match EDID). I have checked this, and can do these edits no problem.

Second, if I read sidfu's post above correctly, he's loaded the (custom race/follower/npc) femalehead.nif into nifskope to verify that the facegen file path is pointing to the correct file on disk (the one that's highlighted). HOWEVER, I am finding that some custom followers simply DO NOT HAVE any femalehead.nif (then I assume it must default to the "stock" femalehead.nif??). Further, in these cases there is no Head Part record that points to any femalehead.nif file. So what to do when these NPCs get the blue / dark face bug when WetFunction affects them? My apologies if there is some simple answer I am just not seeing... but could anyone shed some light here?

Of course there is always the "nuclear option" -- just ditch that particular custom npc / follower / race and move on without (I am about to do just that, but still wanted to solve this problem and hopefully learn something new, if possible).

Thanks!

the file u open isnt the female head nif its the FaceGenData\FaceGeom and then u make sure it has the correct facegne texture path. sometimes there bes presets for making charcters listed instead of a path to the facetint file

Ahhh Yes, now I see it's the face geometry nif that needs to have the correct path to the matching texture dds file.  This fixed most of my blue/dark face issues! My issue was slightly different, in that (so far) all the blue face NPCs were in a large merge i'd created a very long time ago, so I discovered that the face tint dds files hadn't been properly copied into the merge. Thank You!

How about if the face geom/tint files are packed in a BSA? I tried extracting the geom/tint nif/dds from the BSA but still blue face on this NPC. Not a big deal, unimportant NPC, but would like to solve this one too. And the esp doesn't seem to have any of it's NPCs listed in Head Parts?

Hello. Long time lurker here. I think i may have found a way to make this mod work with female vampire heads.

I assume that everyone here uses Racemenu mod. 

-Save a preset of your character (if you don't have one ) 

-start a new game or use a save that is with a non vampire character 

-try to recreate your character 

-save another preset 

-now go to the sculpt tab and export the head 

-load your main save 

-load the new preset

-go to the sculpt tab and import the head and that should be it.

I use The Ningheim custom race + Better Vampires and this stupid method has worked for me and the wet overlay is present on the face.

And the thing is that when i did this i was trying to fix something else on my char, the mesh that the brows sit on has moved up since she became a vampire and this method has fixed that. The wet overlay working was an accident. The only thing left is the burning skin effect to be placed correctly on the face.

Sorry if i don't make any sense.

20190715113031_1.jpg

On 7/15/2019 at 4:47 AM, foooterman said:

Hello. Long time lurker here. I think i may have found a way to make this mod work with female vampire heads.

I assume that everyone here uses Racemenu mod. 

-Save a preset of your character (if you don't have one ) 

-start a new game or use a save that is with a non vampire character 

-try to recreate your character 

-save another preset 

-now go to the sculpt tab and export the head 

-load your main save 

-load the new preset

-go to the sculpt tab and import the head and that should be it.

I use The Ningheim custom race + Better Vampires and this stupid method has worked for me and the wet overlay is present on the face.

And the thing is that when i did this i was trying to fix something else on my char, the mesh that the brows sit on has moved up since she became a vampire and this method has fixed that. The wet overlay working was an accident. The only thing left is the burning skin effect to be placed correctly on the face.

Sorry if i don't make any sense.

Reveal hidden contents

20190715113031_1.jpg

I did this the other day to eliminate the ugly vampire meshes, but I was playing Altmer but still had the bug with the head not loading the wet overlay. 

So maybe it only works for custom races or it was because I used the mod Alternative ShowRaceMenu that doesn't fuck up my character race when I decide to get her a new haircut.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 10:54 AM, JosephShin said:

My problem is, in my game females with darker skin tones have darker feet head and hand textures and lighter body texture when wet. How can ı fix it , what might be the problem?

21 hours ago, gogelmogel100 said:

Mod very cool, but because of the dark face on some NPC and followers, had to abandon this mod.

both  of u do know u can READ THE THREAD. even on this last page both your que4stsons where already answered but u never  read anything

2 hours ago, sidfu said:

both  of u do know u can READ THE THREAD. even on this last page both your que4stsons where already answered but u never  read anything

I'm not a modder and do not understand how to fix them and I want to use a quality product and not dance with a tambourine around the fire !

if u gonna mod skyrim u have to remember that not every mod gonan be  right off the burner so it might not have support anylonger so u need to learn the basics of getting your mods working on your own with little help. being spoiled and thinking im not a modder someone else will fix it is never a good mind set if u want to be able to get 5k hours out of skyrim