On 12/4/2018 at 2:26 AM, elQuanto said:

Hey, I've tested it out myself, and it seems to Work about 90%, all of visuals work as they should at least when forced, which is an improvement over the last attempted fix.

The most glaring flaw I've found is that it doesn't seem to be saving the mod settings on game save. And I have to redo all of my sliders and re-tick all of the boxes whenever I load a save.

Hm, yeah, you're right.  Hadn't noticed myself...

If you rename the.esl to a .esp, I wonder if that will fix the issue?  ESL-flagged ESPs are a thing.  Maybe I'll try that out myself in the next day or two.

Hello! I love using your mod on the SAM body. I have just reinstall everything LE from 0, and I found the MCM in game telling me the Nerimmerse 3.4 and Racemenu 3.3 are broken. Do I need to update Racemenu though SAM may crash with Racemenu after 3.3? Thx in advance

8 hours ago, snarfies said:

Hm, yeah, you're right.  Hadn't noticed myself...

If you rename the.esl to a .esp, I wonder if that will fix the issue?  ESL-flagged ESPs are a thing.  Maybe I'll try that out myself in the next day or two.

Usually it's not a good idea to have an esl file because the game loads them even before the non-bethesda master files. It achieves nothing and it has the potential of breaking stuff.

Now, esl flagged ESPs are different because their position in your load order can be altered so you can decide what it overwrites but it doesn't count towards your ESP limit so it's kind of best of both worlds. But, and here comes the problem, esls can be a bit finicky when it comes to reading/loading stuff from disk through skse-reliant scripts. I tested out your port and the only way I could get it to save the configuration was changing the extension to ESP and making sure the esl flag wasn't set (basically make it a like a normal esp that we've used for years).

1 hour ago, Mickster said:

Usually it's not a good idea to have an esl file because the game loads them even before the non-bethesda master files. It achieves nothing and it has the potential of breaking stuff.

Now, esl flagged ESPs are different because their position in your load order can be altered so you can decide what it overwrites but it doesn't count towards your ESP limit so it's kind of best of both worlds. But, and here comes the problem, esls can be a bit finicky when it comes to reading/loading stuff from disk through skse-reliant scripts. I tested out your port and the only way I could get it to save the configuration was changing the extension to ESP and making sure the esl flag wasn't set (basically make it a like a normal esp that we've used for years).

Sure, I know how ESLs are sorted - I figured it'd work for this because its very self-contained - like, it doesn't require any DLC, UESP/USSEP doesn't touch anything it does and vice-versa.  But.... eh.  I guess the script would need further modification, and that's a bit beyond me.  I suppose I should have tested across reloads first, huh?  Well don't I feel silly.

So, here is a new test version - still with the updated source and script, this time NOT as an ESL, nor as an ESL-flagged ESP, just a regular loadorder-hogging ESP... boo.

TEST2-WetFunctionRedux_39_SE.7z

3 hours ago, snarfies said:

Sure, I know how ESLs are sorted - I figured it'd work for this because its very self-contained - like, it doesn't require any DLC, UESP/USSEP doesn't touch anything it does and vice-versa.  But.... eh.  I guess the script would need further modification, and that's a bit beyond me.  I suppose I should have tested across reloads first, huh?  Well don't I feel silly.

So, here is a new test version - still with the updated source and script, this time NOT as an ESL, nor as an ESL-flagged ESP, just a regular loadorder-hogging ESP... boo.

TEST2-WetFunctionRedux_39_SE.7z

It's alright brotha, your effort is appreciated!

6 hours ago, snarfies said:

I feel your pain, I think esls are the tits to cut down on the plugin count.

Sorry if what I'm about to ask is a stupid question, but how exactly does this mod work for NPCs? I get that I have to manually "start" the effect on my character, but NPCs? Do I need to target each NPC individually and start the effect or is it already in place, globally?

On Sat Dec 08 2018 at 3:54 PM, dragondoom42 said:

Is there a function for dripping when wet too? I was looking into the wet and cold mod but i dont want any of it apart from dripping when wet

You should give a go with Wet & Cold mod! Your body only drip after a swiming or during rainy weather tho

On 12/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, applesandmayo said:

Where is the filepath to install custom textures?

Actually, the files have the standard Textures\Actors\Character\WetFunction worked. It was just that I have subsurface scattering from then newest ENB and it washes out the wetness if the glossiness is too high and spectral is not enough.

58 minutes ago, applesandmayo said:

So how would I go about arranging the textures from the Sporty Sexy Sweat textures mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28946/?tab=files

Just go about renaming them?

Oh good idea. Yeah.. just name them 101 110 or whatever and replace the nifs. I'm not entirely sure if it uses all the textures anyway so just replace them all or you could try one at a time...

27 minutes ago, cminnow said:

Oh good idea. Yeah.. just name them 101 110 or whatever and replace the nifs. I'm not entirely sure if it uses all the textures anyway so just replace them all or you could try one at a time...

I'll give that a shot. Is there still no decent option for a full package set of sweat textures, possibly a decent head texture?

On 12/6/2018 at 12:27 AM, snarfies said:

Thanks Snarfles, I have those textures but there are no working head textures. The "head" item in the MCM is checked but greyed out??

Thanks.

EDIT: OK what I did was simply rename the file " femalehead_s_high.dds" from the Sporty Sweaty Skin mod into "wethead_s.dds" and placed it into the Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\WetFunction folder. Now there are no greyed out or missing texture entries in the WFR MCM and everything looks fine.

Guys I am running Tetrachromatic ENB. In certain (most) lighting conditions this mod makes the chicks look like they are covered in a milky white oily sunblock  (most noticeable on upper chest), which aside from looking bad also makes their head color a little different from their bodies. Is there an ENB setting(s)/ WFR MCM setting that I can mess with to try and dial this effect down? If I turn off specularity in the MCM for instance, it removes the milk white affect but then kills the lush oily sweat appearance of the chicks.

Thoughts??

THANKS!

On 12/26/2018 at 9:48 AM, jpee1965 said:

Guys I am running Tetrachromatic ENB. In certain (most) lighting conditions this mod makes the chicks look like they are covered in a milky white oily sunblock  (most noticeable on upper chest), which aside from looking bad also makes their head color a little different from their bodies. Is there an ENB setting(s)/ WFR MCM setting that I can mess with to try and dial this effect down? If I turn off specularity in the MCM for instance, it removes the milk white affect but then kills the lush oily sweat appearance of the chicks.

Thoughts??

THANKS!

Yeah, that happens with janky ENB settings. Something to how the textures (normals?) mess up with the light. There's an ENB particle pack that fixes it for some particles but I think your best bet would be to try another ENB. I am partial to Silent Horizons right now.

• 2 weeks later...

After a long time of usage and now installing a fresh game, I noticed that if you use a custom race with different texture folder than vanilla, when you get the wet effect the mod looks in the vanilla folder for the head diffuse map, but apparently not for the body or hands. the problem where I would get an ugly vanilla face texture when I got the wet effect bugged me every time I reinstalled the mod, not sure how i got it fixed all those times without noticing what was going on. So I guess I'll have to sharer my characters pretty face textures with every npc in the game :/

• 2 weeks later...