Hi, I just tried out this mod today. I like it!

But, I just wanted to check on something. Is the only way to put the effect on the PC outside of sl scenes, via the manual target page? I don't mind that, having to go there to set it up for a playthrough. But, I didn't see a way to automatical that turn on, unlike all the ways for NPCs to have it applied.

So... that is the only way, right? Like I mentioned? I'm not missing something dumb? I haven't tried it in sl scenes yet. I was mostly just running around. But, actually my character did have arousal maxed out, and she was fully sweaty. I'm not sure she was wet down there too, but I assume so.

I thought that wetness option was great. Is it a separate texture that applies more wetness in that area than the rest of the body, this when the rating is less than 10 or whatever? Or is it just the one uniform texture that gets aplied? By the sound of it, maybe it was an additional texture? I haven't experimented enough to see. But, I was just curious. Is that texture included in this mod, or do I have to look for that elsewhere? How does it work?

This is a must have mod for immersion. The only feature that I wish it had is to be somewhat more synchronized with frostfall wetness value and mechanics, like when you get wet by standing under small waterfalls, frostfall gets you "drenched" as if you had submerged in water but this mod doesn't apply the effect in those situations. I love that feature because my favorite house mods have showers that work like that, like clockwork castle and others.

@lefttongue,

If you search this topic under "head," on the second page of posts that come up, at or near the top you should see a long and well replied to post that contains a link to the Fair Skin Complexion's feamlehead_s.dds file, the spec map for the head of that texture pack (btw thanks to the users who posted the solution, it worked for me quite well  :) ).

DL and drop it in the same folder as the body and hand spec maps for WFR, be sure to change the name of the file to "wethead_s" so WFR knows what it's looking at. When you load the game again, go into the MCM and the head option under glossiness should be clickable.

So click it. Then exit MCM and... get sweaty. Hopefully this works for you, and good luck!

I have a request, if possible:

I noticed by the console log that the Wet function applies also to the mannequins. This causes serious heavy papyrus load (not counting the one already caused by the mannequins themselves), expecially when you are in a house plenty of them.

Could you think to remove entirely the manakin race from WetFunction Redux's check?

Thanks for making a great mod.

I really enjoyed this mod, and I wanted to apply this to my male character.

Thus I made a texture for male wet body(diffuse and specular one),

and narrowly compiled a script which is just few-line-added version of your wetfunction script.(That's because this is my very first time to learn or use script.)

I'm sorry to ask this kind of question, but may I upload male patch version of this mod on this site?

Obviously, it will require your mod.

Sorry for short and rude question, since english is not my mother language. Thank you.

Sample images of it.

Hello, the mod seems to work well. However, i do notice my character's head doesn't get the shine that my body gets, and i really don't know how to configure the mcm

To either lessen the effect so it's not so obvious, or to make it less noticable. Could somebody please post and tell me how? :(

The effect is not enabled for the head by default, because textures applied to the head will cause a crash when a decapitation event occurs.

You should disabled decapitations via console or with a mod like Violens before enabling the head texture under target in the MCM.

I do not want disable the decapitations, are cool! ... and I have several mods using decapitations ... what will happen to them if I disable decapitations?!

You are sure that this causes CTD? I did not know that a texture can causes CTD, I have installed Sweaty Body and I have never had a CTD by decapitation due to that texture. This mod use the Face Overlays or something? 

Hello, the mod seems to work well. However, i do notice my character's head doesn't get the shine that my body gets, and i really don't know how to configure the mcm

To either lessen the effect so it's not so obvious, or to make it less noticable. Could somebody please post and tell me how? :(

The effect is not enabled for the head by default, because textures applied to the head will cause a crash when a decapitation event occurs.

You should disabled decapitations via console or with a mod like Violens before enabling the head texture under target in the MCM.

I do not want disable the decapitations, are cool! ... and I have several mods using decapitations ... what will happen to them if I disable decapitations?!

You are sure that this causes CTD? I did not know that a texture can causes CTD, I have installed Sweaty Body and I have never had a CTD by decapitation due to that texture. This mod use the Face Overlays or something? 

Textures don't cause the CTD, Nioverride causes CTD with decapitations because it doesn't play nice with any applied face tattoos/textures. Buuuut I think this is only for the player, it works fine with NPCs.

Textures don't cause the CTD, Nioverride causes CTD with decapitations because it doesn't play nice with any applied face tattoos/textures. Buuuut I think this is only for the player, it works fine with NPCs.

Why does the texture not appear on the face?, I have an extra unused space in the face textures, I mean in the Face Overlays. The option for face textures in the MCM menu appears in gray color.

I have readed in a comment that perhaps you should install the original mod to correct this problem, is it true?  

Why does the texture not appear on the face?, I have an extra unused space in the face textures, I mean in the Face Overlays. The option for face textures in the MCM menu appears in gray color.

I have readed in a comment that perhaps you should install the original mod to correct this problem, is it true?  

The original mod is required for this mod to work, yes. It says so in the requirements. You need the appropriate head texture specular map in the file.

Textures\Actors\Character\WetFunction in that directory you should have a wethead_s which is the wet specular map for the mod to be able to recognise it.

The original mod is required for this mod to work, yes. It says so in the requirements. You need the appropriate head texture specular map in the file.

Textures\Actors\Character\WetFunction in that directory you should have a wethead_s which is the wet specular map for the mod to be able to recognise it.

Oh! I have used this mod without the original mod and it works perfectly, except for no textures on the face. Maybe I can get the necessary textures from the original mod without installing it full?

I do not have 'wethead_s' in that folder.  :(

Help. 

Help. 

Maybe this helps. 

file that should work regardless of your skin color, because this spec map only>

Or you can use any other spec maps that you like and just substitute

#62 icon_share.png

and some instructions (basically rename and put in right directory)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/58963-wet-function-redux/page-11?do=findComment&comment=1747155

Help. 

Maybe this helps. 

file that should work regardless of your skin color, because this spec map only>

Or you can use any other spec maps that you like and just substitute

#62 icon_share.png

and some instructions (basically rename and put in right directory)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/58963-wet-function-redux/page-11?do=findComment&comment=1747155

Okay, I will try it, thanks.

But, this mod does not have textures for the face by itself? I have checked the RAR file of the recommended textures and has no textures for the face ,,, wtf???   :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was looking for a mod like this. My only question is my load order is already on the heavy side with all kinds of effects applied to my character in certain situations as well as tattoos etc, so if I install this and just apply the effects to my character (reducing stress by ignoring NPCs) would it still be somewhat demanding on the game?

Hi, I was looking for a mod like this. My only question is my load order is already on the heavy side with all kinds of effects applied to my character in certain situations as well as tattoos etc, so if I install this and just apply the effects to my character (reducing stress by ignoring NPCs) would it still be somewhat demanding on the game?

Works fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest version has a glitch that mismatches the body's colour from the head, hands and presumably, the feet (haven't chacked)

I installed the men's wet body textures that were uploaded by another other. maybe that has something to do with it. Tho, it's only been women I've seen with this problem. I'm using Bijin All in One and The Ordinary Women and SOS Hairy textures