When I try to follow your MO instructions, MO doesn't recognize the textures file and won't add it.  It is looking for the data point or something I guess.

suggestions?

Can I have some more details please?  When you load into the game what screenshots show?

EDIT: if you can provide a screenshot of both 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' and 'Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer' folder that would be helpful.

Thanks for the mod, I love it.

I only have a problem when making my own load screens, I follow all your steps and instructions (export in .dds and compression BC3/DTX5) and they looks fine in Windows, but in game they are completely buggy :

How do I fix this, I am not really familiar with GIMP.

Also, I have a lot of images I want to make into load screens, and your process is really time consuming, do you (or anyone) have something to make a batch edit, like a script or something ?

Edit : also, my images arre twice as heavy as yours (4Mo instead of 2) so I think this is a compression problem, but I'm no expert.

For helping with your issue can you first send me a example of one of your loadscreen files so i can check it.  Have you had the same results with my premade loading screens or do you just have this issue with the textures you made?

As it being time consuming yes it is with that method, I myself made a way to automate it kind of.  I use a 3 step process that involves GIMP and Photoshop, most of the legwork is done by photoshop as it has the macros needed to center the image on the screen just right.  I'll probably upload that information at a later date.

EDIT: If you have a bunch of images to convert to loadscreens you could just give me a link to them and I'll do my automatic process on them for you and re-upload them.

I only have this issue with mine, yours works just fine.

I tried to open one of yours with GIMP and export it as is with your recommended parameters and it became buggy, so I obviously did something wrong with my GIMP but I don't know what.

Attached is one I made myself so you can try to find the problem.

Also, thanks for the offer but I prefer to make them myself, it gives that 'good job done' sense of accomplishment.  :P

wallhaven-7497.dds

When I try to follow your MO instructions, MO doesn't recognize the textures file and won't add it.  It is looking for the data point or something I guess.

suggestions?

Can I have some more details please?  When you load into the game what screenshots show?

EDIT: if you can provide a screenshot of both 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' and 'Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer' folder that would be helpful.

I only have a problem when making my own load screens, I follow all your steps and instructions (export in .dds and compression BC3/DTX5) and they looks fine in Windows, but in game they are completely buggy :

Also, I have a lot of images I want to make into load screens, and your process is really time consuming, do you (or anyone) have something to make a batch edit, like a script or something ?

Edit : also, my images arre twice as heavy as yours (4Mo instead of 2) so I think this is a compression problem, but I'm no expert.

For helping with your issue can you first send me a example of one of your loadscreen files so i can check it.  Have you had the same results with my premade loading screens or do you just have this issue with the textures you made?

As it being time consuming yes it is with that method, I myself made a way to automate it kind of.  I use a 3 step process that involves GIMP and Photoshop, most of the legwork is done by photoshop as it has the macros needed to center the image on the screen just right.  I'll probably upload that information at a later date.

EDIT: If you have a bunch of images to convert to loadscreens you could just give me a link to them and I'll do my automatic process on them for you and re-upload them.

I tried to open one of yours with GIMP and export it as is with your recommended parameters and it became buggy, so I obviously did something wrong with my GIMP but I don't know what.

Also, thanks for the offer but I prefer to make them myself, it gives that 'good job done' sense of accomplishment.  tongue.png

Well it looks good to me, I just opened it in GIMP and just re-exported it with the BC3/DTX5 and no Mipmaps selected.  Does this one below work for you?  If so then yes its probably something weird going on with your GIMP or your DDS plugin for it.

Glev_export_wallhaven-7497.dds

suggestions?

Also, thanks for the offer but I prefer to make them myself, it gives that 'good job done' sense of accomplishment.  tongue.png

Well it looks good to me, I just opened it in GIMP and just re-exported it with the BC3/DTX5 and no Mipmaps selected.  Does this one below work for you?  If so then yes its probably something weird going on with your GIMP or your DDS plugin for it.

attachicon.gifGlev_export_wallhaven-7497.dds

Nope, not working  :(

I even tried to reinstall GIMP and the DDS plugin but it still doesn't work.

And my screens are still twice as heavy as yours, for no reasons.

Maybe it's whatever you do with Photoshop that make them work ?

Did anyone else here tried the indicated method ? Did it worked ?

suggestions?

Nope, not working  sad.png

Wait wait I think I suggested the wrong compression, try BC1/DTX1.  My bad :(

suggestions?

Wait wait I think I suggested the wrong compression, try BC1/DTX1.  My bad :(

Well, it certainly IS more colorful, but still not working.

post-952641-0-90741000-1479154966_thumb.jpg

suggestions?

Wait wait I think I suggested the wrong compression, try BC1/DTX1.  My bad sad.png

hmm, I'm out of ideas right now but I should be able to test it on my end and see what is happening.

hey, I am curious about the pics, is there an archive online where I can see all of the pics? smile.png

yes right here: https://mega.nz/#!5h...0lIxdxR12wnrayk

biggrin.png

thx mate 

phew ... I make some new screens when my pc arrived on next monday, I can't see these anymore.

I'll deliver some that are worth putting in smile.png

awesome! can't wait

man .. couldn'T wait, my new pc arrives on monday and then I have to install everything again ... so I just made them right now xD

imo there are some better than the ones you have atm between the new ones

some are similiar so just fiddle out the ones you like most or take em all or whatever 

let me know which ones u take ^^  ( curious )

They all look great! They'll be added to the next release for sure.

good stuff

suggestions?

Wait wait I think I suggested the wrong compression, try BC1/DTX1.  My bad sad.png

hmm, I'm out of ideas right now but I should be able to test it on my end and see what is happening.

Well I just used my Gimp and took an image I had and manually placed it on the template and it worked fine for me.  I used BC1/DTX1, check the files below.  Maybe the main image file you are using is the wrong format or something?

blah1.dds

blah2.dds

suggestions?

Well I just used my Gimp and took an image I had and manually placed it on the template and it worked fine for me.  I used BC1/DTX1, check the files below.  Maybe the main image file you are using is the wrong format or something?

attachicon.gifblah1.dds

attachicon.gifblah2.dds

Well, both doesn't work. Just to be sure the mod wasn't broken, I tried with one of your premade screen and it was still working.

Did you tried those two in Skyrim or did you just opened them ? Because on my end, they looks just fine everywhere except in Skyrim's loading screen.

The images I made were either in .jpg or .png originally, maybe a few were in .jpeg (and they were all in .dds after export obviously).

Maybe your GIMP method simply doesn't work, and it can only be done with Photoshop ?

Seriously, I don't know, I'm just throwing idea here and testing things.

suggestions?

attachicon.gifblah1.dds

attachicon.gifblah2.dds

Well, both doesn't work. Just to be sure the mod wasn't broken, I tried with one of your premade screen and it was still working.

Did you tried those two in Skyrim or did you just opened them ? Because on my end, they looks just fine everywhere except in Skyrim's loading screen.

The images I made were either in .jpg or .png originally, maybe a few were in .jpeg (and they were all in .dds after export obviously).

Maybe your GIMP method simply doesn't work, and it can only be done with Photoshop ?

Weird, I did test them in my skyrim mod itself.  I did see this kind of issue once before with my slavetats mod where I also used Gimp and that plugin to made the dds textures.  The solution for the user was to follow the below steps.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41987-glevtats-for-slavetats/?p=1200047

Another possible solution for the gimp issue might be to use the Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) on the DDS textures you make and see if that fixes it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?

suggestions?

attachicon.gifblah1.dds

attachicon.gifblah2.dds

Weird, I did test them in my skyrim mod itself.  I did see this kind of issue once before with my slavetats mod where I also used Gimp and that plugin to made the dds textures.  The solution for the user was to follow the below steps.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41987-glevtats-for-slavetats/?p=1200047

Another possible solution for the gimp issue might be to use the Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) on the DDS textures you make and see if that fixes it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?

YES, the first solution worked, but now my game is super slow.

I'll try the second when I have a bit more time, just wanted to let you know about that.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep you updated about the Optimizer Texture solution.

Edit : I reverted to my previous settings but the loading screens are still working, I don't know why, but they are, so I can't really test the second method.

wow, this customizer is great, thanks alot glev!

now this is a silly question but,

is it possible for you to make a converter for banners and flags like how you did for your sexy skyrim?

If not then could you give me some insight on how that was made?

Glad you like the mod!

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to automate the creation of the Banners and such that I use in my Glev Sexy Skyrim Mod.  It would be possible for me at a later date to come out with a randomizer kinda thing for Glevs Sexy Skyrim and just provide a bunch of banner options to choose from but I don't currently have plans to do that.

If you wanted to make your own Banners and such you just need to edit the textures for it in Skyrim.  You could do this by using GIMP and the DDS plugin I have mentioned on this mod, and editing the textures I created from Glev's Sexy Skyrim and replacing it with your own images.  If you want a more detailed write up on this let me know and I can maybe make one later.

Oh, you got one of my screenshots?

Lately, I have edited my enb to have a good contrast and color and I do not know if it stays the same way on another monitor. =P

Yea I added a few biggrin.png

From what I understand the settings from ENB's usually transfer over to screenshots, but I do believe that ENB also affects the loading screens so it'll show a little differently depending on what ENB that person has installed.

I got 2 questions.

1) Am I understanding correctly that I don't actually need the LoadScreenTextures folder in MO to have the mod functioning? Can I just copy DDS files into 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' then run the patch?

2) Any news on increasing the limit on load screens?

Thanks.

I got 2 questions.

1) Am I understanding correctly that I don't actually need the LoadScreenTextures folder in MO to have the mod functioning? Can I just copy DDS files into 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' then run the patch?

Thanks.

1. Yes that is correct, I just suggest using mod organizer for loading them cause its easier for me, but its not needed.  As long as the files are in 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' and you run the Randomizer that's all you need.

2. A few people have requested this be increased to 5000 so I will do that the next time I update it.  It's very time consuming to up the ESP itself so I'm not sure on the time frame yet to have it completed, but the plan is to definitely increase it.

I got 2 questions.

Thanks.

1. Yes that is correct, I just suggest using mod organizer for loading them cause its easier for me, but its not needed.  As long as the files are in 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\' and you run the Randomizer that's all you need.

2. A few people have requested this be increased to 5000 so I will do that the next time I update it.  It's very time consuming to up the ESP itself so I'm not sure on the time frame yet to have it completed, but the plan is to definitely increase it.

Sweet!!!

Thanks for the awesome mod. Well I guess I better get back to building my load screen folder.

can you point out where i've gone wrong?  Downloaded the textures and the main file, placed the textures into the 'copy textures here' file, ran the .BAT fila and all was good. loaded the game and now i only get this plain blue load screen. it's all blue, witht e fog rolling across it.

Can you see if there are any files in the folder 'Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer'?  If you are using Mod Organizer check the Data tab and look for it in there and see if you see any files.  You should see 'loadscreen1.dds' all the way up to 1000, the Randomizer.bat program is supposed to place the files in there for use with the mod.

I'm kinda lost. is there already a tools\glevloadscreenmaker\copyloadscreenshere\ or do i have to make one? 

i cant find one anyway in my files and i tried to make one but when i run the batch file or even the powershel file nothing happens. :\ am i doing something wrong?

help would be appreciated.

Edit: Loaded up skyrim and only got the placeholder texture, but when i run the randomizer nothing happens.

Edit 2: Never mind, just me being stupid! XD I did have to create the folder (not sure if intended) but once i did it seemed to work! anyway i have yet to test in game but when i do ill probably re-re-edit!

Final Edit: Works fine now. tried in game and working perfectly - again it was just me being stupid and not creating a folder.

glad you got it working!  In the 'LoadScreenCustomizerv2' download it should have contained that folder for you, my guess is if you didn't see it you are using mod organizer and opened the 'HentaiLoadScreens' or 'LoadScreenTex-11-11-2016' folder in explorer and didn't see it in there and created your own.  Which is totally fine and will cause no more issues.  I'll try to update the description on the instructions to make it more clear in the future.

• 1 month later...

If I understand correctly, I can only enable 1000 loading screens at a time?

Currently yes, no matter how many files you dump into the 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere' folder it will only add up to 1,000 to the game.  I have plans to expand that at a later date but have no time frame for it's completion yet.

If I understand correctly, I can only enable 1000 loading screens at a time?

Currently yes, no matter how many files you dump into the 'Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere' folder it will only add up to 1,000 to the game.  I have plans to expand that at a later date but have no time frame for it's completion yet.

Ok thanks for the reply, glad to see the higher loading screen count is still in development :D great mod btw.

I wanted to put out an update on the status of the next version which I think is a week or 2 away from release.  Below are some of the feature list.  If anyone wants a copy of it in its current state to test for any issues let me know.

V3 Feature List:

---Completed---

-Create new Script replacing the randomizer

-Script allows for choosing of input and output folders using GUI for both Image input and DDS Output.

-Mod will now take image files and convert them into LoadingScreens directly.  No more Pre-Made Textures or Image Manipulation NEEDED!  Accepted image types: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp

-Script give options for compression and max image resolution and save to ini file.  Max resolution is 8k

-Script will still allow user to import/export just DDS files if they desire

-Fix Jap OS bug: i think this is done... need someone to test

---Outstanding---

-Create different versions of the ESP for different total loading screens; example sizes 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000.  what should the max be?
-Script to choose which esp to use depending on how many images were loaded as to not take up so much space on hard drive when using less images.  example: if you only are using 600 images won't create 20,000 texture files

-Redo logic when randomizing files to apply it more efficiently

-Add option to shuffle existing loading screens in case same loading screens are constantly showing.

If I'm missing another feature you would want let me know.  My plan is to make this the final version if it has no bugs, I can't think of anything else I want this mod to do.