Until last Christmas, I was playing skyrim on the 360.  I am a complete noob to modding.  I downloaded this, and activated it with NMM, but I have no ideea how to change the loading screens.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Post #1, headline "Instructions"

Until last Christmas, I was playing skyrim on the 360.  I am a complete noob to modding.  I downloaded this, and activated it with NMM, but I have no ideea how to change the loading screens.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Post #1, headline "Instructions"

And I'm an idiot.  Thanks.

Why may loading screens always mosaic, because my game playing in 4:3 ratio? I use V3-02 and original Skyrim, windows mode, WIN7 x64, Powershell V2. 

attachicon.gifenb 2017_04_02 13_53_54_03J.jpg

I would try first to change the settings so that is it NOT compressing the files.  After making the change you'll have to re-make your loading screen profile and re-apply it to see the change.

I've seen something very similar once before with someone else in another one of my texture mods, the solution for them was in the link below might solve it as well.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41987-glevtats-for-slavetats/?p=1200047

I would also look at maybe updating your video driver as well.  Let me know how it goes!

Why may loading screens always mosaic, because my game playing in 4:3 ratio? I use V3-02 and original Skyrim, windows mode, WIN7 x64, Powershell V2. 

attachicon.gifenb 2017_04_02 13_53_54_03J.jpg

I would try first to change the settings so that is it NOT compressing the files.  After making the change you'll have to re-make your loading screen profile and re-apply it to see the change.

I've seen something very similar once before with someone else in another one of my texture mods, the solution for them was in the link below might solve it as well.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41987-glevtats-for-slavetats/?p=1200047

I would also look at maybe updating your video driver as well.  Let me know how it goes!

Solved, thank you very much! I don't compressing the files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what happens to my old load screens from v2? They're already DDS files and I want them in the new V3 

edit nvm you just put the old dds files into the new profile place and then load it up in the bat

its a bit late but

What i said does not work it seems, 4/5 loading screens end up being purple, and only the loading screens from the current version work

will i have to change the files from dds to png first or is it just a problem on my end?

if i have to change it to png, is there like a mass file converter that supports dds and png?

Getting this error when I run the bat...

You try to create those folders and files within your "Program Files" folder. Did you grant administration privileges to the tool? It either needs administrator rights or another target location, I suppose.

You try to create those folders and files within your "Program Files" folder. Did you grant administration privileges to the tool? It either needs administrator rights or another target location, I suppose.

I tried running as admin, but got the same error...It just displays the error and immediately closes.

what happens to my old load screens from v2? They're already DDS files and I want them in the new V3 

edit nvm you just put the old dds files into the new profile place and then load it up in the bat

its a bit late but

What i said does not work it seems, 4/5 loading screens end up being purple, and only the loading screens from the current version work

will i have to change the files from dds to png first or is it just a problem on my end?

if i have to change it to png, is there like a mass file converter that supports dds and png?

Odd, the purple textures should only show if the files don't exist in the right folder/location.  Go into the folder of 'Data\Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer' and the texture files should be numbered sequentially, when you look in that folder are any numbers missing?

its a bit late but

Odd, the purple textures should only show if the files don't exist in the right folder/location.  Go into the folder of 'Data\Textures\LoadScreenRandomizer' and the texture files should be numbered sequentially, when you look in that folder are any numbers missing?

i have numbers 1-2500 in the texture folder

is there anyway to stretch the photos to fill the screen, i try  and changing the set resolution and they still only take up half the screen

The resolution just sets the size of your monitor. To get the pictures to fill it, they must have the ratio of your monitor, too, as LSM won't distort pictures to fill the screen. As you probably don't wan't to check that manually, I could recommend Dimensions2Folders.

is there anyway to stretch the photos to fill the screen, i try  and changing the set resolution and they still only take up half the screen

The resolution just sets the size of your monitor. To get the pictures to fill it, they must have the ratio of your monitor, too, as LSM won't distort pictures to fill the screen. As you probably don't wan't to check that manually, I could recommend Dimensions2Folders.

Pretty much what he said ^ shy.gif

This mod doesn't do any cropping/stretching currently.  You could probably find a program that could auto crop/stretch to meet your monitor aspect ratio then have Load Screen Maker process the images afterwards to accomplish what you are trying to do.

its a bit late but

i have numbers 1-2500 in the texture folder

well that seems right, when you see the texture files in Windows Explorer are you able to see the thumbnails, if so could you provide a screenshot?  Another thing I would test would be using a smaller sample size of loading screen images and see if that gives you the same issue.

First off, this mod has made me addicted to Skyrim screenshots, which is awesome!  Having issues finding sexy ones with minimal nudity though, but still loving it.

Quick question, when I build a profile, and a couple more days later some more screenshots appear that I like, am I able to just update the profile to include the new pictures, or would it have to be rebuilt from scratch again?

Thanks

First off, this mod has made me addicted to Skyrim screenshots, which is awesome!  Having issues finding sexy ones with minimal nudity though, but still loving it.

Quick question, when I build a profile, and a couple more days later some more screenshots appear that I like, am I able to just update the profile to include the new pictures, or would it have to be rebuilt from scratch again?

Thanks

I'm glad this has made you like taking screenshots more!  Make sure to post them somewhere on LL so others can enjoy them too!

To answer your question though, currently you would have to rebuild it if you want to add more.  You alternatively could just create a new profile with just the new pictures and just load those new ones and the old ones at the same time.  I would like to spend some time making this process easier but I'm not sure when I would do that.

It looks like the script is unable to create the ini file.  Try downloading this ini template file and placing it in 'tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker' and run the script and see what happens.

attachicon.gifGlevLoadScreenMaker-ini.7z

I have the same problem. Tried running as admin, downloading this file and it still show "powershell : Could not create File"  and

"At D:\GlevLoadScreenMaker\MakeLoadingScreens.ps1:201 char:27

+         if (!($outFile)) {Throw "Could not create File"}"

I can't try when it is in skyrim folder becasue it is in "Program Files (x86)" and powershell doesn't want to recognize this path.
Any way to fix it or work around ?

edit#1
Now i managed to get to open it and select folder. Earlier i could get this far. I hope it was simply problem with other program and it is resolved.
  • 6 months later...

I just can't get this to work for me... I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I know Powershell is installed because I've run the executable. Whenever I try to run the *bat file for this mod, it just gets stuck. I've tried clicking inside the window and typing but that doesn't do anything and I have to close the command prompt. If I try to run the *.ps1 file with Powershell, it closes almost immediately. I can see the red text people have mentioned in previous posts and screenshots.

My Steam folder is not in my Program Files folder. It's on a seperate drive.

Glev, do you have any other suggestions I can try?  I've tried downloading the ini you shared above and replacing but the same thing keeps happening. Either the bat script freezes or Powershell won't stay open.

Update: As a follow up to this, I tried moving my images into the imagefileshere folder and ran the batch file again and the script started running properly. I was told this is the default folder for images and do I want to select a different folder? For the sake of convenience, I just chose to use the default folder and then it started converting my bmps to dds files.

After this, I tried to load the profile and got an error message related to PowerShell. I'm attaching a screenshot.

This is the correct path for my game files so I'm puzzled about why PowerShell isn't doing what it needs to do.

Spoiler

Load Screen Maker error.jpg

Edited by Herrmannesque