I would love to have a copy of it. I just wanted to ask if you could use that automatic tool you made to convert the images I made but that would not be necessary anymore.

I just found out there is a fatal bug in the process if you use mod organizer for some reason.  Trying to figure it out now. Do you use Mod Organizer, if not I can send you a copy now.

I wanted to put out an update on the status of the next version which I think is a week or 2 away from release.  Below are some of the feature list.  If anyone wants a copy of it in its current state to test for any issues let me know.

V3 Feature List:

---Completed---

-Create new Script replacing the randomizer

-Script allows for choosing of input and output folders using GUI for both Image input and DDS Output.

-Mod will now take image files and convert them into LoadingScreens directly.  No more Pre-Made Textures or Image Manipulation NEEDED!  Accepted image types: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp

-Script give options for compression and max image resolution and save to ini file.  Max resolution is 8k

-Script will still allow user to import/export just DDS files if they desire

-Fix Jap OS bug: i think this is done... need someone to test

---Outstanding---

-Create different versions of the ESP for different total loading screens; example sizes 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000.  what should the max be?
-Script to choose which esp to use depending on how many images were loaded as to not take up so much space on hard drive when using less images.  example: if you only are using 600 images won't create 20,000 texture files

-Redo logic when randomizing files to apply it more efficiently

-Add option to shuffle existing loading screens in case same loading screens are constantly showing.

If I'm missing another feature you would want let me know.  My plan is to make this the final version if it has no bugs, I can't think of anything else I want this mod to do.

Ok another quick update.  After figuring out the issue with Mod organizer I have added a few more outstanding items to complete before releasing the next version.  One of the additional features is the ability to create and load different profiles of previously used loading screens and switch/add to them at any time.  With the addition of these extra features it'll probably push back the release a bit longer to maybe a month out.  If you want to test out how it works currently let me know!

V3 Feature List:

---Completed---

-Script allows for choosing of input and output folders using GUI for both Image input and DDS Output.

-Mod will now take image files and convert them into LoadingScreens directly.  No more Pre-Made Textures or Image Manipulation NEEDED!  Accepted image types: png, jpg, jpeg, bmp

-Script give options for compression and max image resolution and save to ini file.  Max resolution is 8k

-Fix Jap OS bug: i think this is done... need someone to test

---Outstanding---

-Create different versions of the ESP for different total loading screens; example sizes 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000.  what should the max be?
-Script to choose which esp to use depending on how many images were loaded as to not take up so much space on hard drive when using less images.  example: if you only are using 600 images won't create 20,000 texture files

-Add option to shuffle existing loading screens in case same loading screens are constantly showing.

-Create Logic to detect if using Mod Organizer: if using mod organizer user will need to point to mods folder in mod organizer directly

-Create Profiles option: user can create a profile for specific loadingscreens and switch profiles at any time using the script.

• 4 weeks later...

Another quick update, I have most of the work done, below is the feature list of what is complete and what is still outstanding.  I think I should be able to have a full release out sometime 1-3 weeks depending on how much I work on this.  If you want a copy of it in its current state just PM me, its fully functional I just don't have all the features in yet and good documentation.

V3 Feature List:

---Completed---

-Fix Jap OS bug
-Create Profiles option: user can create a profile for specific loadingscreens and switch profiles at any time using the script.
-Create Logic to detect if using Mod Organizer: if using mod organizer user will need to point to mods folder in mod organizer directly

---Outstanding---

-increase available loading screens to 10k
-Create different versions of the ESP for different total loading screens
-Script to choose which esp to use depending on how many images were loaded as to not take up so much space on hard drive when using less images.  example: if you only are using 600 images won't create 10,000 texture files
-allow for adding to existing profiles
-when changing profile location ask to move existing profiles
-create readme.txt, screenshots, ect

• 4 weeks later...
I don't get it...I tried to make my own loading screen and did everything as instructed on the first page...including downloading GIMP, downloading it's resources then doing all the steps and dropping the image into the template and flatten the image...

every time it goes into the loading screen, it crashes...I didn't even see the loading screen I made...the other loading screens from the "textures" download works fine...after crashing 5-6 times I gave up making my own... is there a  new version of this one so I don't have to manually edit the images I want to make into a loading screen in GIMP everytime? I have hundreds of images in my hard drive and it's quite tedious to edit them all one by one...

I don't get it...I tried to make my own loading screen and did everything as instructed on the first page...including downloading GIMP, downloading it's resources then doing all the steps and dropping the image into the template and flatten the image...

every time it goes into the loading screen, it crashes...I didn't even see the loading screen I made...the other loading screens from the "textures" download works fine...after crashing 5-6 times I gave up making my own... is there a  new version of this one so I don't have to manually edit the images I want to make into a loading screen in GIMP everytime? I have hundreds of images in my hard drive and it's quite tedious to edit them all one by one...

I'm sorry you're having issues making it work with gimp, i can't think of what would cause it to crash if you are doing the steps correct.  My next version will accept any file type so you can make your own loading screens by just pointing to a folder with the images in it.  I hope to get some serious work done on finishing the next version it this week.

The fact that your game crashes makes it sound like it is some conflict in the esp itself or with your other mods. The game shouldn't crash even when there are no loading screens (the dds files) installed, you get a purple screen instead. Try the mod out, with no loading screens installed. If it works (and you get a purple loading screen), the mod works fine. I guess you did something wrong then with making the dds files, or there is something in the tutorial that you actually shouldn't do. But a tip, don't make all your pictures into a loading screen yet, just wait until he updates his mod. It saves a lot of time.

The fact that your game crashes makes it sound like it is some conflict in the esp itself or with your other mods. The game shouldn't crash even when there are no loading screens (the dds files) installed, you get a purple screen instead. Try the mod out, with no loading screens installed. If it works (and you get a purple loading screen), the mod works fine. I guess you did something wrong then with making the dds files, or there is something in the tutorial that you actually shouldn't do. But a tip, don't make all your pictures into a loading screen yet, just wait until he updates his mod. It saves a lot of time.

seeing as the premade loadscreens all work including those from Glev's past work and seeing as I did exactly all the steps meticulously even how to export it into the .DDS format, I can't say other mods are making me CTD...

meh, I'll just wait for the next update which is more user friendly as the mod author has said...I'm excited to make my own loadscreens...

I'm following the step for the custom loading screen but I'm stuck at the part were you have to run the randomizer. How do I run it only opens it has a notepad?  UPDATE I think I found it by right clicking randomizer and click edit but when I get to this Windows Powershell ISE program and I click run the process starts but it says this

File C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\Randomizer.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is
disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: ( :) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess

UPDATE 2 I figured you use mod organizer to run the randomizer but sadly I don't use it. I use nexus mod manager for my mods. Is there other way to run the randomizer? So i manually went to my  data/tools/glevloadscreen maker and saw the randomizer so I right click it and clcik Run with powershell and it says  this Place loadscreens in folder: tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\
Preparing to move loadscreens...

But Nothing happens I'm stuck at this point.

I'm following the step for the custom loading screen but I'm stuck at the part were you have to run the randomizer. How do I run it only opens it has a notepad?  UPDATE I think I found it by right clicking randomizer and click edit but when I get to this Windows Powershell ISE program and I click run the process starts but it says this

File C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\Randomizer.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is

disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.

+ CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: ( smile.png [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess

UPDATE 2 I figured you use mod organizer to run the randomizer but sadly I don't use it. I use nexus mod manager for my mods. Is there other way to run the randomizer? So i manually went to my  data/tools/glevloadscreen maker and saw the randomizer so I right click it and clcik Run with powershell and it says  this Place loadscreens in folder: tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\CopyLoadscreensHere\

Preparing to move loadscreens...

But Nothing happens I'm stuck at this point.

Your main issue is your computer associates the .bat file extension with notepad instead of command prompt.  You just will want to fix that problem with your Windows OS and that should be all you need to do.  I just quickly googled it and this results seems like it would work if you are in Windows 7

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/2383-batch-file-is-opening-in-notepad-instead-of-executing-in-win-7

whoa just found this thread and man, I pretty much created the whole loadscreen process thing about 3 years ago and i am not getting any credit here.....

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36166/?

I am glad it seems to have gotten this big but man, everyone getting credit except me sad.png

o0o that mod looks nice!  I've never seen it before, I first saw my first loadingscreen mod with the iLuvLoading Mod on the nexus and thats how I got started.  If you were the first person to make the first loading screen mod I can credit you if you want :)

seeing as the premade loadscreens all work including those from Glev's past work and seeing as I did exactly all the steps meticulously even how to export it into the .DDS format, I can't say other mods are making me CTD...

meh, I'll just wait for the next update which is more user friendly as the mod author has said...I'm excited to make my own loadscreens...

The next version is out, let me know if you have any issues!

just tried out the load screen maker now and after doing all the steps in uninstalling the old version and installing this one these messages pop out for each image it is trying to convert and when I start the game there was no load screen except the vanilla skyrim loadscreens:

post-1304742-0-74142600-1489380923_thumb.jpgpost-1304742-0-42715000-1489380929_thumb.jpgpost-1304742-0-10296200-1489380934_thumb.jpg

I also checked my Powershell version in the cmd prompt $PSVersionTable and saw it was version 4.0 so I don't know what is happening...

just tried out the load screen maker now and after doing all the steps in uninstalling the old version and installing this one these messages pop out for each image it is trying to convert and when I start the game there was no load screen except the vanilla skyrim loadscreens:

I also checked my Powershell version in the cmd prompt $PSVersionTable and saw it was version 4.0 so I don't know what is happening...

Hmm odd.  Can you see if you have the file Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\reference\ImageMagickPortable\identifyx64.exe in you Skyrim data folder?  Can you verify for me that you are running 64bit Windows and can you give me a screenshot of the Script in the Debug Menu?

Hmm odd.  Can you see if you have the file Tools\GlevLoadScreenMaker\reference\ImageMagickPortable\identifyx64.exe in you Skyrim data folder?  Can you verify for me that you are running 64bit Windows and can you give me a screenshot of the Script in the Debug Menu?

so this is only for a 64 bit OS? I am using 32 bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise N...so maybe I am getting this message: post-1304742-0-76081100-1489409706_thumb.jpgpost-1304742-0-06304500-1489409711_thumb.jpg

so does that mean I have to get a 64 bit OS to run this program? that sucks...I hope you have another version that will work for my OS...if not that's ok...guess I'll just have to revert back to the older version (LoadScreenRandomizer) and hope someone makes new loading screens...T_T

so this is only for a 64 bit OS? I am using 32 bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise N...so maybe I am getting this message: attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpg

so does that mean I have to get a 64 bit OS to run this program? that sucks...I hope you have another version that will work for my OS...if not that's ok...guess I'll just have to revert back to the older version (LoadScreenRandomizer) and hope someone makes new loading screens...T_T

Ah, ok my script is supposed to detect if the OS is 32 bit or 64 bit and for some reason it thinks your system is 64 bit.  Let me dig into this real quick.  In the meantime can you screenshot me the debug menu of the script?

Ah, ok my script is supposed to detect if the OS is 32 bit or 64 bit and for some reason it thinks your system is 64 bit.  Let me dig into this real quick.  In the meantime can you screenshot me the debug menu of the script?

Is this it?

post-1304742-0-92360200-1489410934_thumb.jpg

so this is only for a 64 bit OS? I am using 32 bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise N...so maybe I am getting this message: attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpg

Ok I made an adjustment to the scripts method of 32/64bit OS detection, extract and overwrite and see if this works for you.

Ok I made an adjustment to the scripts method of 32/64bit OS detection, extract and overwrite and see if this works for you.attachicon.gifLoadScreenMakerV3-FIX1.7z

Ok well upon further investigation it looks like a made a typo.  It has been fixed and I believe this version should fix your issue.  Let me know the results so if it does work for you I'll update the main version of the mod.

Try this one instead

attachicon.gifLoadScreenMakerV3-FIX2.7z

applied the fix and now it seems to be working gonna have to test it in the game but it is still converting the images now (300+)post-1304742-0-37974800-1489419821_thumb.jpg

...and if I may ask, what if you want to add a new image? can I just put it in the same profile? will it convert all of those images again including the newly added one? or should I make a new profile for the new images?

Try this one instead

attachicon.gifLoadScreenMakerV3-FIX2.7z

applied the fix and now it seems to be working gonna have to test it in the game but it is still converting the images now (300+)attachicon.giffffff.jpg

...and if I may ask, what if you want to add a new image? can I just put it in the same profile? will it convert all of those images again including the newly added one? or should I make a new profile for the new images?

Glad that worked, I'll update the mod to include this change.

I wanted to have that feature added into the mod when I released it but I was tired of delaying the release.  I think the best way to do it currently would be to create a new folder with only the the new images you want to add, on the script selecting Create Profile and just naming the profile the exact same name as the one you want to add to.