[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

On 6/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, Atamisk said:

I've noticed that vlad always dies a natural death. I've managed to sort this issue out with events that add traits with the immortal = yes line. Sort of. It's part of an on_action aging event like the ones from Princes of Darkness.

Just wanted to put this out there.

I'm not certain what you mean. None of the traits that I have for the mod, include the line of immortal = yes.

I removed that a number of versions ago, when the immortal trait was added by a DLC, as it seemed like it was being ignored at that point.

You mention you use a variety of vampire mods - is it one of the other mods that is causing the issue.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, DrPill said:

Just wanted to point out an immortality issue. It seems AI always chooses to "shuffle off this mortal coil" when a character is old enough to die normally. This is great for vanilla, in order not to clog up the game with immortals, but annoying if you find yourself a perfect courtier and decide to grant them immortality, only for them to go "nah time to die" and keel over from the flu because they decided to stop being immortal - with no notice for the player until the death.

I shall ponder adding something.

6 hours ago, dewguru said:

Feeding is supposed to be the 'safe' option, and as such is supposed to be limited to trusted resources. Hunting is supposed to be the risky option, which didn't make the last update, but will be in an upcoming one.

Thanks for letting me know man. I'm looking forward to the next version.

@dewguru I noticed you mentioned NDPA as being separate from DWR.  While NDPA _can_ run without DWR, I have a lot of content in NDPA that requires DWR in order to be accessed.  I highly recommend anyone running NDPA also run DWR (and the NDPA-DWR compatibility module).  :)  

36 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

@dewguru I noticed you mentioned NDPA as being separate from DWR.  While NDPA _can_ run without DWR, I have a lot of content in NDPA that requires DWR in order to be accessed.  I highly recommend anyone running NDPA also run DWR (and the NDPA-DWR compatibility module).  :)  

I adjusted it like that when you responded to another post that I made, where you said that NDPA doesn't require DWR.

So is it a sub-mod or is it not?

If it's not - then I'm going to leave it like it is stated, and on your mod page - you can make it clear that you recommend running them both.

54 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I adjusted it like that when you responded to another post that I made, where you said that NDPA doesn't require DWR.

So is it a sub-mod or is it not?

If it's not - then I'm going to leave it like it is stated, and on your mod page - you can make it clear that you recommend running them both.

It is a hybrid between a standalone mod and sub-mod.

NDPA without the optional compatibility module is not a sub-mod.

NDPA with my DWR-Compatability_Module then makes NDPA into a sub-mod and unlocks NDPA content that isn't available when it is run alone.

3 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Either a mod requires a parent mod or it does not. There is no in-between.

Some content is not available without DWR but much content is.

If the DWR_compatability_module is active then DWR is required for it and NDPA to function correctly.  So the DWR_compatability_module is definitely a sub-mod of DWR.  The way I see it, with it active, NDPA then becomes a sub-mod of DWR but without it active, NDPA is stand-alone.

Technically the compatch is a submod of DWR but NDPA itself is not.

You can recommend to use the compatch and DWR with NDPA but since you can start NDPA without even looking at DWR it is not a strict requirement.

"More content with this mod enabled as well" is not a defining feature of a submod.

The strict requirement for the parent mod to be active on the other hand is.

37 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Technically the compatch is a submod of DWR but NDPA itself is not.

You can recommend to use the compatch and DWR with NDPA but since you can start NDPA without even looking at DWR it is not a strict requirement.

"More content with this mod enabled as well" is not a defining feature of a submod.

The strict requirement for the parent mod to be active on the other hand is.

I'll grant ya that.  :) 

Alright - a quick post about the next update.

The oddities with being able to feed on any NPC once you've a lover, feeding on other vampires, or trying to sire existing vampires should be gone with the next update.

One thing that was mentioned was the lack of repercussions. If things begin working as I hope with the next update - the risk comes from being exposed - which should saddle a vampire with a large negative opinion modifier that should result in the vanilla game engine seeking to make that person's life difficult, as it increases the odds of being targeted with plots and impacts how the person is treated by others. Another challenge in a future update will be an outed vampire having the chance of being hunted by a Monster Hunter (not counting Blood Rayne). If it still seems to tame, I'll consider additional challenges.

The risk of being exposed is actually in the game already, but it's a pretty low chance that can only happen with a botched sire event. The next update which will have the vampire hunting decision (where they seek to feed on non-lovers or thralls), which will also include the risk of a failed attempt that can result in a vampire being outed as well.

Regarding the issue about how some immortals are using the shed their mortal coil type decision to voluntarily remove their immortality - I'm going to try and set it where immortals that are within the player's court will not be permitted to use the decision. Those outside your court - to include vassals, will have the option still to choose the embrace of the afterlife.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Alright - a quick post about the next update.

The oddities with being able to feed on any NPC once you've a lover, feeding on other vampires, or trying to sire existing vampires should be gone with the next update.

One thing that was mentioned was the lack of repercussions. If things begin working as I hope with the next update - the risk comes from being exposed - which should saddle a vampire with a large negative opinion modifier that should result in the vanilla game engine seeking to make that person's life difficult, as it increases the odds of being targeted with plots and impacts how the person is treated by others. Another challenge in a future update will be an outed vampire having the chance of being hunted by a Monster Hunter (not counting Blood Rayne). If it still seems to tame, I'll consider additional challenges.

The risk of being exposed is actually in the game already, but it's a pretty low chance that can only happen with a botched sire event. The next update which will have the vampire hunting decision (where they seek to feed on non-lovers or thralls), which will also include the risk of a failed attempt that can result in a vampire being outed as well.

Regarding the issue about how some immortals are using the shed their mortal coil type decision to voluntarily remove their immortality - I'm going to try and set it where immortals that are within the player's court will not be permitted to use the decision. Those outside your court - to include vassals, will have the option still to choose the embrace of the afterlife.

Being exposed should give you like, -100 opinion with people from most religions, imo.

12 minutes ago, The Masketta Man said:

Being exposed should give you like, -100 opinion with people from most religions, imo.

It gives you a -100 in general. This creates a wash with your thralls (who get +100), and puts you in the negative with vampires you sire (who get a +50).

This can lead to your sired vampires disliking you - which is feasible since being exposed is a sign of weakness and a reason for contempt.

I picture the thralls as just being extremely conflicted as they both try to maintain a facade while appeasing their master - almost like they're being driven mad and their behavior is unstable. As they'll still be docile and provide conflict free feeding in your presence, yet when away from you, their more erratic and could potentially work against you (such as by participating in a plot if they dislike you enough when away from your influence).

It's not perfect, but it is a serious burden.

It has been a long time. Just wanted to ask, will there be more werewolf and to lesser degree tentacle and orc stuff? I remember that there was little of it so I even added some events from past version of this mod, like rumors about werewolf activity that might lead to female ruler becoming a bitch (there was one not implemented tentacle event too). Also, is there a way to limit whoring events to non noble characters, or just flat out disable it? 

17 hours ago, Sielgaudys said:

It has been a long time. Just wanted to ask, will there be more werewolf and to lesser degree tentacle and orc stuff? I remember that there was little of it so I even added some events from past version of this mod, like rumors about werewolf activity that might lead to female ruler becoming a bitch (there was one not implemented tentacle event too). Also, is there a way to limit whoring events to non noble characters, or just flat out disable it? 

Yes to the question about more werewolf, tentacle and orc stuff.

The only way to limit/prevent it is by not building it, or by having nobles who are of upstanding morale character.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, dewguru said:

That sounds great.

If that's not possible I'd suggest making a different kind of immortality, one that is player issued and can't be removed.

Using the latest CK2 patch and the latest Dark World: Reborn file but I cant seem to find any lewd traits.

The cheat traits are there but no penis/boob size or any of that sort. Are they supposed to be availible for purchase?

1 hour ago, Omanon said:

Using the latest CK2 patch and the latest Dark World: Reborn file but I cant seem to find any lewd traits.

The cheat traits are there but no penis/boob size or any of that sort. Are they supposed to be availible for purchase?

I'm assuming you're looking in the Ruler Designer, and no the boob and penis traits aren't there. They will be randomly assigned to your character when you start. You can always change them later on with Succubus/Incubus magic or through the Alchemist.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, Jarod-Cain said:

I'm assuming you're looking in the Ruler Designer, and no the boob and penis traits aren't there. They will be randomly assigned to your character when you start. You can always change them later on with Succubus/Incubus magic or through the Alchemist.

Can also edit the traits in your save file using Notepad(or Notepad++) and then edit the traits in game using console commands.

52 minutes ago, WarLordXII said:

Is it possible for there to be a dark elf trait with assigned pics in a future release?

I doubt Dewguru intends to add that. I am working on a submod that does though. Still needs a lot of work before it's ready for release.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, dewguru said:

Feeding is supposed to be the 'safe' option, and as such is supposed to be limited to trusted resources. Hunting is supposed to be the risky option, which didn't make the last update, but will be in an upcoming one.

If possible, could you make "feeding" passive if willing resources are present? To manage a flock of thrall to feed each year is not only distracting but also gets dull by its repetition. Especially when you have to manage vice royalty and other happily intensive click mechanics. Those dukes don't stop dying :(

I would prefer that the act of creating a thrall be high risk, less than hunting though, and easier than it is currently. I mean, based on vampire seducing and suspicion (people will be careful around a vampire if the character is suspected of being one). Once a vampire as a thrall, it is relatively secure, however thralls don't live forever thus requires the vampire to continuously take risks over the years. The hunt would be useful in case of emergencies, like after plague or during a war (you can't just feed on your thrall in the middle of a war camp).

So basically, to have the feeding mechanic to be less action intensive but riskier.