[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

I've got the Wizard's College power descriptions displaying.

In dw_decisions:

Spoiler

dw_the_wizards_mage_trait_choice_desc; [etc]

should be

dw_the_wizards_mage_trait_choice_power_desc; [etc]

In dw_societies:

Spoiler

dw_the_wizards_write_arcane_theory_desc; <etc>

should be

dw_the_wizards_write_arcane_theory_power_desc; <etc>

Not sure if it's intentional, but the mage trait power is limited to society rank 2 (== instead of >=), which makes it comparatively easy to forget about and miss. That's in dw_societies_wizards_decisions.

For some reason, the wizard society empty itself as the decades passes. My game is around 880CE, the secret society only has 5 members (me included and one dude I recruited). It is also very hard to recruit anybody, I believe the requirements to be a bit too extreme. (I mean, I have to spend over 10 minutes in the character list window to find a suitable target.)

On 5/19/2018 at 4:51 AM, Ithnancryo said:

I know the followers of this mod are pretty handy when it comes to the tech side of modding so I was hoping someone could explain why this mod isnt working with AGOT. I did what I usually do for previous versions and add the dependencies but it still isn't working. I've turned the other mods I run and just tried Straight AGOT and DWR but still it's a no go. Any help is appreciated. 

It worked (sortha, just core stuff like dick traits) for me in DWR 1.63, it just takes a while to load the traits (a year or so). Problem is you are locked out of building most special buildings because AGOT changes a building needed for them so you have to go though the files and change the requisites.

Even then, the events of those buildings don't seem to work.

Keep in mind, AGOT is a total overhaul, so it's bound to not work properly with other mods not specifically built to be compatible with it and since dewguru don't plays AGOT much and there isn't much demand for it he doesn't bothers with making a compatibility submod. Not that it matters though.

I think there are AGOT submods that are built for vanilla so you could still use most of the content of AGOT in vanilla CKII + DW:R.

I'm curious. I started a new game after the latest (?) 2.8.2.1 patch. I was playing in Jan 2, 1003AD ("Herléva" born) as Richard de Normandie. However is brother's portrait (Count Robert of Evreaux) is now a Frog? (listed in remedy_portrait_swapping.) No one else has this portait. I'm trying to figure out why he has it in the first place.

2 minutes ago, RamsNo1 said:

I'm curious. I started a new game after the latest (?) 2.8.2.1 patch. I was playing in Jan 2, 1000AD as Richard de Normandie. However is brother's portrait is now a Frog? (listed in remedy_portrait_swapping.) No one else has this portait. I'm trying to figure out why he has it in the first place.

A new trait was added in the patch, which changed the (probably array) of all traits, so all mod traits are going to be messed up. Revert the patch or start a new game.

Well, some friends of mine got ramped up again in ESO, picked up the new co-op State of Decay 2, got hooked on an old favorite during the Steam Spring Cleaning event, and before I knew it, it's almost two weeks later and I'm past where I was hoping to wrap up the finishing touches on the vampire update.

I'll probably wrap up what I've got, and just look to incorporate the final 2 or three vampire things in the next release.

When I post it, I'll also be leaving up the previous version, as this one will have less testing than I normally do on it, so I'd not recommend using it on any saved games you've got in progress.

Might come back to this game after a long pause. I'm sad to see DWToska dead. I made this a while back, which is nothing special, apart from the amount of lewd CG I converted to be ready for use. I'm not sure if there's anyone interested in using these assets in their own mods, but I sure hope so, so I'm posting here. Cheers.

7 hours ago, Codini said:

Might come back to this game after a long pause. I'm sad to see DWToska dead. I made this a while back, which is nothing special, apart from the amount of lewd CG I converted to be ready for use. I'm not sure if there's anyone interested in using these assets in their own mods, but I sure hope so, so I'm posting here. Cheers.

Might want to post it in the DWToska thread. There's someone still working on a "remix" version last I heard.

Lilith's immortality might make the game crash. So after playing for a while, the game suddently crashes for no apparent reason. Running under linux, I fired gdb to get a proper backtrace and this is what I got:

[~snip~ removed backtrace]

Has you can see, the game crashes when it checks for an offmap power death. Since lilith is created with an immortal trait, she cannot die which may make the game a bit schizophrenic.

Anybody else in here had unexplainable crashes with recent versions of Dark World? That is no obvious error in the logs and not tied to any obvious action you, the player, may have done.

4 hours ago, ngppgn said:

I think the chash happen when an offmap ruler DOES die (I guess the problem is it not having any available tenple names defined.)

They have temple names, just that the wellspring only has one for founder and successor. I'll try adding more and see if I still get a crash.

Edit: adding names do not work. I removed the immortal trait from lilith and now I have yet to have a crash. Apparently the game do not support immortal offmap rulers, at least not on linux. The game tries to start a routine for when the ruler dies, while she is not dead.

Here, hiring a female common whore from the bordello will no longer display "50% chance of no effect 50% chance of no effect" and the futa only option will be futa only now.

In DWWhoring, under .10:

Spoiler

option = { # Commoner whore
		name = DWWhoring10B
		wealth = -2.5
		hidden_tooltip = {
			random_list = {
				50 = { # White stocking wearing whore - can handle male, female, futa
					narrative_event = { id = DWWhoring.12 }
				}
				50 = { # Futa customer wears out small titted whore
					modifier = {
						factor = 0 # zeroes out to not be an option if we've non-futa, or if they've a small sized dick
						OR = {
							NOT = { trait = futa }
							trait = tiny_dick
							trait = small_dick
						}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWWhoring.120 }
				}
			}
		}
	}

On 6/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, bicobus said:

They have temple names, just that the wellspring only has one for founder and successor. I'll try adding more and see if I still get a crash.

Edit: adding names do not work. I removed the immortal trait from lilith and now I have yet to have a crash. Apparently the game do not support immortal offmap rulers, at least not on linux. The game tries to start a routine for when the ruler dies, while she is not dead.

How many years in were you when the crashes began?

Should be posting an update today.

v1.68 (Dark World Reborn)
    - New events, npcs, decisions and other things
    - Vampire campaign events are considered complete. (note: more random vampire related events are likely to come in the future)
    - Updated a couple images
    - Alchemist shop sells a rare potion that can turn a half blood into a full blood (i.e. a werekin into a werewolf)

Alright, it's finally posted. The next update shouldn't be as long, since I expect it to be smaller in scope, although I'll be away from my main PC on vacation for almost two weeks this month, so when it'll be out exactly, I can't really say at this point.

And there are two things that I didn't get in on this recent update, which I was expected to do originally, but got side tracked with enjoying life (like I mentioned in a prior message). It's the mechanism for achieving the status of an ancient vampire, and one for more aggressive type hunt and feed encounters.

10 hours ago, dewguru said:

How many years in were you when the crashes began?

Began? I don't know for sure. When I noticed the backtrace, lilith was 77. Current year is 825 (so about 5 years prior to that, maybe?). The Chinese emperors did die at least 2 times.

10 hours ago, dewguru said:

Alchemist shop sells a rare potion that can turn a half blood into a full blood (i.e. a werekin into a werewolf)

Can landed NPC buy those?