[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

The last 4 games I've played (fully updated btw) where I hired Harley, she seems to sleep with literally every other male court member except my character over 10 years. Didn't get a single Harley event in any of those 4 games either. Did the Harley stuff get  cut or am I just having a mod incompatibility? FYI I have quite a few mods on my CK2 and have experimented trying to turn some off to no avail.

For some reason I can't seem to build Hospital in my games... I can only see Fort and Trade Post, but nothing more. So my dozens of futa lovers and endless hordes of their children (most of them are not even mine) died off, especially that random wolf entering my court that had been fking my courtiers left and right like rabbit. It was a good thing until when my future daughter-wife (who is also my granddaughter) caught tuberculosis...

I don't know which mod is causing it, since I don't have much time to play as well. I'll try turning stuffs on and off, though it will take time.

I'm using the following mods:

- DWR

- Beyond Heresy

- Noxbestia's

- Slavery Expanded

- Legalized Gay Marriage.

EDIT: Also Jus Primae Noctis does not work well with gay marriage. I know that your mod is not built with that in mind, but when reading the save file there are some interesting stuffs.

Behaviors: When I marry another female (as a futa ruler), Jus Primae Noctis fires and choose myself as the bride target. Basically during the gay marriage the event bypassed any check whether it is my own marriage, and even ignore myself. When you go with it you will impregnate myself (as a lustful futa and huge dick I got 120+% fertility), and also, scoring negative opinions from my own bride.

From that moment, Jus Primae Noctis never fires anymore. I don't recall that to happen again when I remarried another woman. Also, I don't recall it ever happened prior to my marriage.

When checking the save file, it seems that my character has the flag dw_first_night_chosen.

Anyhow, it shouldn't get conflicted with me as a futa ruler. I should have the right to bang the bride at every marriage, but there is no event fired at all.

Also, with how all the checks got bypassed, it can be bypassed in some random situations as well. I'm posting this just to notify. I'll try to test the situation without the gay marriage mod, when I have the time. However, I doubt whether it has something to do with Legalized Gay Marriage mod, but rather on other mods or it just doesn't work with futa.

9 hours ago, Kjojo said:

For some reason I can't seem to build Hospital in my games... I can only see Fort and Trade Post, but nothing more. So my dozens of futa lovers and endless hordes of their children (most of them are not even mine) died off, especially that random wolf entering my court that had been fking my courtiers left and right like rabbit. It was a good thing until when my future daughter-wife (who is also my granddaughter) caught tuberculosis...

I don't know which mod is causing it, since I don't have much time to play as well. I'll try turning stuffs on and off, though it will take time.

I'm using the following mods:

- DWR

- Beyond Heresy

- Noxbestia's

- Slavery Expanded

- Legalized Gay Marriage.

EDIT: Also Jus Primae Noctis does not work well with gay marriage. I know that your mod is not built with that in mind, but when reading the save file there are some interesting stuffs.

Behaviors: When I marry another female (as a futa ruler), Jus Primae Noctis fires and choose myself as the bride target. Basically during the gay marriage the event bypassed any check whether it is my own marriage, and even ignore myself. When you go with it you will impregnate myself (as a lustful futa and huge dick I got 120+% fertility), and also, scoring negative opinions from my own bride.

From that moment, Jus Primae Noctis never fires anymore. I don't recall that to happen again when I remarried another woman. Also, I don't recall it ever happened prior to my marriage.

When checking the save file, it seems that my character has the flag dw_first_night_chosen.

Anyhow, it shouldn't get conflicted with me as a futa ruler. I should have the right to bang the bride at every marriage, but there is no event fired at all.

Also, with how all the checks got bypassed, it can be bypassed in some random situations as well. I'm posting this just to notify. I'll try to test the situation without the gay marriage mod, when I have the time. However, I doubt whether it has something to do with Legalized Gay Marriage mod, but rather on other mods or it just doesn't work with futa.

I can build hospitals, so I'm guessing it's a sub-mod conflict or something else you're experiencing.

Nothing created in Dark World Reborn was designed to work with gay marriage - because that's not part of the mod. If it does work, cool. If it doesn't, then that's just how it is.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I can build hospitals, so I'm guessing it's a sub-mod conflict or something else you're experiencing.

Nothing created in Dark World Reborn was designed to work with gay marriage - because that's not part of the mod. If it does work, cool. If it doesn't, then that's just how it is.

Yeah, I know that, I just want to consult here to understand where the bug comes from.

Still, from the look of it, I don't see where it goes wrong. First night doesn't fire even before the supposed marriage (basically it only works on my own marriage). There is no on_marriage event in the LGM mod, and all it does are fairly basic stuffs.

This weekend I'll try to use only your mod with LGM first. In the mean time I'll try to read the code. It ain't fun, though, as LGM doesn't have comments to detail which does what.

As for hospital, you used only the core DWR mod, or you also have other submods?

These weird behaviors sound like it comes from the LGM, which doesn't even sound logical.

1 hour ago, Kjojo said:

Yeah, I know that, I just want to consult here to understand where the bug comes from.

Still, from the look of it, I don't see where it goes wrong. First night doesn't fire even before the supposed marriage (basically it only works on my own marriage). There is no on_marriage event in the LGM mod, and all it does are fairly basic stuffs.

This weekend I'll try to use only your mod with LGM first. In the mean time I'll try to read the code. It ain't fun, though, as LGM doesn't have comments to detail which does what.

As for hospital, you used only the core DWR mod, or you also have other submods?

These weird behaviors sound like it comes from the LGM, which doesn't even sound logical.

I typically only use Dark World Reborn. Sometimes I'll use the Christianity mod, but that's about it.

If Jus Primae Noctis is working as expected, it looks for newly married folks within your realm. If you've a cock (a male or a futa), it should identify who is the bride, and who is the groom. It then executes an event for the bride's liege, where they should have an option to sleep with them or to waive the right.

I did a search through the code, and you've a flag " dw_first_night_chosen " that I don't use anymore from what I can see. So I don't know if you've an old version, or if you're using another mod that was trying to hook into it, and has now broken things. It's also set to where if you're the bride - it should fail - in order to prevent you from trying to fuck yourself.

Alas, at this time - if you do exercise your rights, there was only one event that used to play (now there is a second one that can be shown depending on your selection within the first one). So if you had multiple events that would play after selecting to use your right, then you're clearly using another mod that has expanded on it, and is now likely broken.

Edit: Regarding the hospitals, I'm assuming you've the required DLC in order to even have them (The Reaper's Due DLC).

Playing only with DW:R 1.65, the process to train slave still remains (prison > train for X > check availability for new skill[1] > train for X+[2] > repeat[1] > repeat[2]). Would it be possible to streamline the process and just "train" the slave to be a slave? Or simply brand the toon a slave and leave it to external mods to take over the training?

I don't know if more content is planned for slavery though.

13 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Playing only with DW:R 1.65, the process to train slave still remains (prison > train for X > check availability for new skill[1] > train for X+[2] > repeat[1] > repeat[2]). Would it be possible to streamline the process and just "train" the slave to be a slave? Or simply brand the toon a slave and leave it to external mods to take over the training?

I don't know if more content is planned for slavery though.

I'm not certain what you mean by streamlining. Click once, and then you've a slave that can be used in multiple roles with zero time passing by?

If I streamlined it at all, it'd only be allowing one type of training to take place. So it'd simply be imprison someone, select their training - then waiting for a period of time to pass before their training was completed.

I'm not going to leave it to external mods - reason being - I don't use any of those external mods. Remember - if there is an external mod with a slavery system - you can use that mod and its system, while simply ignoring the one within mine.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, Kjojo said:

Thank you very much for the work, it is quite interesting.

I have a question. Is it possible to have homosexual marriage in the game? I was using "Legalized Gay Marriage" mod and it seems that it is possible to do so. I also look for the mod code and it does not look so complicated to do.

I've actually experienced a "gay marriage" event in the base game a couple of months ago, and was so surprised it could happen I tried looking up the event so I could trigger it from the console. I couldn't find the actual event command, and I don't remember what it's called now, but it can fire when you're in seclusion and two people in your court are lovers AND single. If it fires, you'll get a decision to either forcefully end the relationship, OR make them marry on the spot. I guess it doesn't have a gender check? Like I said, I couldn't find the event so I'm not sure about that.

I've only casually messed around with modding CK2, but it'd probably be really easy to just copy that script to a new mod and marry who ever you want, which would be great for Dark World because of futas/traps etc...

23 hours ago, thedemongod95 said:

The last 4 games I've played (fully updated btw) where I hired Harley, she seems to sleep with literally every other male court member except my character over 10 years. Didn't get a single Harley event in any of those 4 games either. Did the Harley stuff get  cut or am I just having a mod incompatibility? FYI I have quite a few mods on my CK2 and have experimented trying to turn some off to no avail.

Harley is added in with this mod but there are no events. Toskas mod added events but is broken these days. If using toskas, get rid of it.

4 hours ago, Baeryllium said:

I've actually experienced a "gay marriage" event in the base game a couple of months ago, and was so surprised it could happen I tried looking up the event so I could trigger it from the console. I couldn't find the actual event command, and I don't remember what it's called now, but it can fire when you're in seclusion and two people in your court are lovers AND single. If it fires, you'll get a decision to either forcefully end the relationship, OR make them marry on the spot. I guess it doesn't have a gender check? Like I said, I couldn't find the event so I'm not sure about that.

I've only casually messed around with modding CK2, but it'd probably be really easy to just copy that script to a new mod and marry who ever you want, which would be great for Dark World because of futas/traps etc...

In Legalized Gay Marriage:

- You have to choose the one you wish to pursuit as a lover (homosexual trait unneeded) via right-click action.

- Depending on traits and opinion, the other one will accept or decline your pursuit. Homosexual trait then has a chance to spawn on both sides if they don't have the trait already.

- Amongst your gay lovers, you can choose one to marry, by another right-click action.

- If the other one agrees, the mod simply put you as their spouse.

The only issue is that you become a woman's husband (or a man's wife) regardless of your gender, since the husband-wife stuff seems to be hardcoded. Apparently add_spouse doesn't differentiate male or female.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

I typically only use Dark World Reborn. Sometimes I'll use the Christianity mod, but that's about it.

If Jus Primae Noctis is working as expected, it looks for newly married folks within your realm. If you've a cock (a male or a futa), it should identify who is the bride, and who is the groom. It then executes an event for the bride's liege, where they should have an option to sleep with them or to waive the right.

I did a search through the code, and you've a flag " dw_first_night_chosen " that I don't use anymore from what I can see. So I don't know if you've an old version, or if you're using another mod that was trying to hook into it, and has now broken things. It's also set to where if you're the bride - it should fail - in order to prevent you from trying to fuck yourself.

Alas, at this time - if you do exercise your rights, there was only one event that used to play (now there is a second one that can be shown depending on your selection within the first one). So if you had multiple events that would play after selecting to use your right, then you're clearly using another mod that has expanded on it, and is now likely broken.

Edit: Regarding the hospitals, I'm assuming you've the required DLC in order to even have them (The Reaper's Due DLC).

Hmm, I was using 1.65. The flag was still there.

Or, actually, is it because of Nox' files that screws it up? Probably so. I reinstalled the mod using 1.67, and now it is working as intended.

Jus Primae Noctis now fires for your own bride as well? Well, that should work out I guess.

I do have The Reaper's Due, though...

EDIT: Darn, Reaper's Due got disabled. Sorry for the troubles.

7 hours ago, dewguru said:

I'm not certain what you mean by streamlining. Click once, and then you've a slave that can be used in multiple roles with zero time passing by?

If I streamlined it at all, it'd only be allowing one type of training to take place. So it'd simply be imprison someone, select their training - then waiting for a period of time to pass before their training was completed.

I'm not going to leave it to external mods - reason being - I don't use any of those external mods. Remember - if there is an external mod with a slavery system - you can use that mod and its system, while simply ignoring the one within mine.

Because the process is unique for each actor (we can't bulk enslave), and it isn't immediate as you stated. We need to wait for time to flow for the next choices to pop up, one for each actor in the process of being enslaved. Slaves don't seem to have an usage other than being sold, which makes the process a bit cumbersome for a small reward.

Another point I'd like to raise about the slavery system is that the process of enslaving an actor should be reversed: brand the actor, then start the training. It would make more sense to my in that order: "because you are a slave you get to be trained" and not "you'll get trained to become a slave, even though your status is still one of a free man".

This is all really nitpicking though, I'd just like the process to get out of the way as much as possible :tongue:

4 hours ago, bicobus said:

Because the process is unique for each actor (we can't bulk enslave), and it isn't immediate as you stated. We need to wait for time to flow for the next choices to pop up, one for each actor in the process of being enslaved. Slaves don't seem to have an usage other than being sold, which makes the process a bit cumbersome for a small reward.

Another point I'd like to raise about the slavery system is that the process of enslaving an actor should be reversed: brand the actor, then start the training. It would make more sense to my in that order: "because you are a slave you get to be trained" and not "you'll get trained to become a slave, even though your status is still one of a free man".

This is all really nitpicking though, I'd just like the process to get out of the way as much as possible :tongue:

It is true that slaves should be branded prior to the training.

There should be multiple methods of branding, like face-branding (incurring tyranny or cruel opinion modifiers, unless the target is a criminal), arm-branding (for generic kind of slaves, incurring less tyranny or cruel opinion modifiers with the exception of criminals), or ass-cheek-branding (less visible thus very little tyranny or stuffs). Each kind of branding will cause a diplomacy/attraction/etc. hit to the slave, and hidden branding allows the slaves to break free (by granting independence or rescued) and gain titles. It also causes different hits of negative opinions from the relative of the slave.

As an options, rescued slaves or slaves granted independence can have their "brand" removed, but depending on the place of the brand they can also have "Scarred" or similar appearance traits. Succubus can heal their wounds.

I actually want to have more options to train slaves, though it looks like that it falls onto NoxBestia's domain. Nox is making a whole society for slavers, but then it will take a while since his mod is still in alpha stage.

15 hours ago, bicobus said:

There are only really uses for sex slaves that you choose to whore, and soon to be warrior slaves that you choose to be gladiators or bodyguards.

And I can see where it'd be more logical to brand first, train second. Probably won't be rolling back around to it though until I update the arena aspect more.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

There are only really uses for sex slaves that you choose to whore, and soon to be warrior slaves that you choose to be gladiators or bodyguards.

And I can see where it'd be more logical to brand first, train second. Probably won't be rolling back around to it though until I update the arena aspect more.

Maybe adding more flavors in Visit Slave/Spend time events?

Reading the code I see that there are a few stuffs like choosing positions, but I have yet discovered those events yet.

Adding some kind of plays and fetishes as well.

Maybe, we can also have some targeting decisions that allows the target to use your slaves to motivate them, while you watch them doing their "jobs". Such interactions will improve opinions a lot, or reduce opinions if the other party is chaste or something.

Just a few suggestions, though.

7 hours ago, zia said:

Hey dewguru are you planning on re-adding the ability for futa players to get their lovers pregnant? 

Futa's can already get their lovers pregnant through various events. Just remember that a futa has a fertility penalty.

7 hours ago, Kjojo said:

Maybe adding more flavors in Visit Slave/Spend time events?

Reading the code I see that there are a few stuffs like choosing positions, but I have yet discovered those events yet.

Adding some kind of plays and fetishes as well.

Maybe, we can also have some targeting decisions that allows the target to use your slaves to motivate them, while you watch them doing their "jobs". Such interactions will improve opinions a lot, or reduce opinions if the other party is chaste or something.

Just a few suggestions, though.

I've only have plans to add those things that I want to add before I wrap up the mod. The choosing positions portion will be expanded upon more. Right now, a male player who chooses to 'Spend time with...' a valid female target has a chance to trigger the new portion that uses what's there right now. And right now it's more a love session progression, where you can opt to continue to a new position, or reach your climax.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Futa's can already get their lovers pregnant through various events. Just remember that a futa has a fertility penalty.

I've only have plans to add those things that I want to add before I wrap up the mod. The choosing positions portion will be expanded upon more. Right now, a male player who chooses to 'Spend time with...' a valid female target has a chance to trigger the new portion that uses what's there right now. And right now it's more a love session progression, where you can opt to continue to a new position, or reach your climax.

Which events? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are werewolves during a hunt, if you get lucky enough that they visit you when you are a whore. Originally I remember you had it in with the spend time with events but it seems to have been removed. Now the only ones I seem to get in the spend time with are the foot job and the hand job. (A female player can get impregnated by a futa lover via the spend time with, just not the other way around) 

19 minutes ago, zia said:

Which events? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are werewolves during a hunt, if you get lucky enough that they visit you when you are a whore. Originally I remember you had it in with the spend time with events but it seems to have been removed. Now the only ones I seem to get in the spend time with are the foot job and the hand job. (A female player can get impregnated by a futa lover via the spend time with, just not the other way around) 

Sorry, I'm not going to dig through and compile a list of events for you. All I can say is I've done a play test recently as a futa, and my character 'fathered' offspring.

When it's all said and done, I expect there to be more events for futa's. I've nothing more to really offer than that.

4 hours ago, byehi said:

is there a chance of the options with Belle being finished? obviously not expecting you to look at those things if your not already just wondering if itll get done before you bring the mod to a close

What is belle missing? I feel like she has the most content out of any npc in DWR

1 hour ago, Alaratt said:

What is belle missing? I feel like she has the most content out of any npc in DWR

I think I left her corruption arc undone if I recall correctly. As to whether I finish it or not, I'll be touching it again, although it may be removing the unfinished piece and adding a couple more village interactions instead.