Lewd mods and XCOM 2

hey got several mods going, and now I get recruits with only a head, and no name.   The toons I saved or added to the list from the dev, ect are fine.  I have the nude mod and the Prostitution mod working, but it is some other mod interfering with recruit generation.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has an idea of how to fix this.

I can only fix it by steam fixing the game cache.  It fixes 2 or 3 files, but of course if I start the game modded the problem is back.

most the mods I have are added tattoos, colors, and props.

Try forcing the game to generate a new config folder by deleting all the files in Documents/My Games/XCOM2/XCOMgame/Config. You might have to launch the game a couple of times to get your mods to stick.

attachicon.gif20160513225355_1.jpg

I've got the exact same problem with recruits having no name or body. Going back to an earlier save, or a new game and deleting those files dose not work for me. The only mods I have are the prostitution and Armor stats customiser.

HMMM. I tested the game with Prostitution and nude mods and it was working, I have a mod that customizes armor to have extra item slots.  Any way I just delete the recruits, and make sure there are a lot of premade females .

My prostitutes are working hard fucking aliens and their friends for info to use in raids and other actions.  The clear skin coat that protects them against energy weapons, is used by many of the ladies.  They look nude but are actually better protected than other armors. Some of the ladies have painted their body so the look less nude under the clear coat.

Btw, any save that was created with the problem can not be fixed by checking the cache thru steam.  you need a save with all the mods deactivated to test.  load that save after activating the mods.

post-448270-0-36316000-1463333085_thumb.png

post-448270-0-02956700-1463333216_thumb.png

post-448270-0-88802000-1463333264_thumb.png

How are some of you getting these models where they wear a different torso but have bare legs? I can't get them to be bottomless. I can only put the bare legs on when the bare torso is also being used, and if I go bare torso, then bare legs, and try to switch out the torso to something else after getting the bare legs on, it forces the legs to switch to something else

Actually, I see what's happening. The bare legs seem to specifically break when they come into contact with any Anarchy torso. So if you even scroll over an Anarchy torso on the options, it forces you out of the bare legs.

I'm not sure why this would be, but we will probably need to work out a compatibility patch, at least if we want it to mesh with all the Anarchy parts.

I'm honestly confused why Anarchy specifically would break it. It seems to work with everything else, even legs and torsos from other mods. 

HMMM. I tested the game with Prostitution and nude mods and it was working, I have a mod that customizes armor to have extra item slots.  Any way I just delete the recruits, and make sure there are a lot of premade females .

My prostitutes are working hard fucking aliens and their friends for info to use in raids and other actions.  The clear skin coat that protects them against energy weapons, is used by many of the ladies.  They look nude but are actually better protected than other armors. Some of the ladies have painted their body so the look less nude under the clear coat.

Btw, any save that was created with the problem can not be fixed by checking the cache thru steam.  you need a save with all the mods deactivated to test.  load that save after activating the mods.

attachicon.gif268500_20160514120030_1.png

attachicon.gif268500_20160514210817_1.png

attachicon.gif268500_20160514210848_1.png

oh shit dude ! i feel like looking on Jack  :D , some good ME souvenir pop up here

attachicon.gif268500_20160514120030_1.png

attachicon.gif268500_20160514210817_1.png

attachicon.gif268500_20160514210848_1.png

oh shit dude ! i feel like looking on Jack  :D , some good ME souvenir pop up here

the jack stuff is this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/319/?

Actually, I see what's happening. The bare legs seem to specifically break when they come into contact with any Anarchy torso. So if you even scroll over an Anarchy torso on the options, it forces you out of the bare legs.

I'm not sure why this would be, but we will probably need to work out a compatibility patch, at least if we want it to mesh with all the Anarchy parts.

I'm honestly confused why Anarchy specifically would break it. It seems to work with everything else, even legs and torsos from other mods. 

I have one toon that would not do top or bottom, but next time i played all was ok.  

I think you are right armor mods are messing with each other.

I do not have the anarchy mod.

I will try and test some more mods. One at a time, with it.

Quick question: Wouldn't be easier to make the Avenger into a flying sex brothel rather than rewrite the base gameplay?

Like give random sex scenes and animations into the facilities or make the commander room a special slot where you can send the shaken soldiers to "relax".

Hazzah, more modders for the mod throne.

I don't use blender to I'm not exactly sure how the step are exactly, but when I was starting out I tried blender (apperantly xcom doesn't like max2012 fbx files) and used capnbub's helmet tutorial to export reimport one of the game's original helmets that seemed to work

The smoothing groups issue errrr also a blender one, can't help you there tongue.png

Basically for any model import (helmets, body meshes, weapons, aliens etc):
Get skeletalmesh imported (should work even without smoothing groups, lets just get the mesh to show up first)
Import textues if applicable
Set up materials, also if applicable (for the body mod, I copied the original in the humanshared upk)
Apply material to mesh, making sure they are assigned to the correct uv channels (basically if it looks right, you're good)
Create or copy an archetype and make sure you make a note of the name (different body parts have different ones, so I usually copy a corresponding one for the original game)
Save upk, also make not of the name
Lets just say you imported the barebaremod folder into modbuddy (manually file for file, there no auto import button), we'll work from there.
Delete my upk in the content folder (or keep it, it won't break, just duplication and what not), copy your one into the content folder, add that into modbuddy (existing file) in the content folder.

Open up the xcomcontent.ini file and edit/copy the lines in there, each line is similar, the first part that is different per line is the reference xcom will recieve when it reads the mod so any new variations of the body will need a new name (there's that many lines in there now because thats what you need for the body to show up in every tier (note the armour type near the end of each line)).

The second difference would be where the game accesses the archetype, the layount is (yourupkname.yourarchetypename), if that isn't setup, everything will be invisible.

That should be it to the the body to show up. Any rigging issues after mesh editing is not something I can help with as that's also a blender one tongue.png and no, static mesh would cause the model not to move.

@habilon depends on what you mean, they'll all just treated as texture files in game.

@2much maybe firaxis wanted us to see ohmy.png

@Nevtelenseg what you described is changing base gameplay, and we don't seem to have any coders about or they're doing other things, thats before anyone actually making animations, I think there's literally one guy who's done it.

@Arcturus7777 not a bug or exactly fixable (not without a lot of work), that's how firaxis split the torso and legs for tier 3

@Dasho yeah, no idea how firaxis did that, anarchy torso can only use anarchy legs and arms.

I'll have an update later (not at comp) using the body you guys already have, alien huters compatibility for new armour, copy of textures so it'll stop the localisation somehow bugging out textures (This will make the mod bigger than it needs to be, but compatibility), bare arms for each tier (not split individually, that'll be copying dlc content), will most probably have some clipping/seeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaammmms ;_;

edit: Here we go, v2, bloated edition Barebaremod V2.zip

Hazzah, more modders for the mod throne.

I don't use blender to I'm not exactly sure how the step are exactly, but when I was starting out I tried blender (apperantly xcom doesn't like max2012 fbx files) and used capnbub's helmet tutorial to export reimport one of the game's original helmets that seemed to work

The smoothing groups issue errrr also a blender one, can't help you there tongue.png

Basically for any model import (helmets, body meshes, weapons, aliens etc):

Get skeletalmesh imported (should work even without smoothing groups, lets just get the mesh to show up first)

Import textues if applicable

Set up materials, also if applicable (for the body mod, I copied the original in the humanshared upk)

Apply material to mesh, making sure they are assigned to the correct uv channels (basically if it looks right, you're good)

Create or copy an archetype and make sure you make a note of the name (different body parts have different ones, so I usually copy a corresponding one for the original game)

Save upk, also make not of the name

Lets just say you imported the barebaremod folder into modbuddy (manually file for file, there no auto import button), we'll work from there.

Delete my upk in the content folder (or keep it, it won't break, just duplication and what not), copy your one into the content folder, add that into modbuddy (existing file) in the content folder.

Open up the xcomcontent.ini file and edit/copy the lines in there, each line is similar, the first part that is different per line is the reference xcom will recieve when it reads the mod so any new variations of the body will need a new name (there's that many lines in there now because thats what you need for the body to show up in every tier (note the armour type near the end of each line)).

The second difference would be where the game accesses the archetype, the layount is (yourupkname.yourarchetypename), if that isn't setup, everything will be invisible.

That should be it to the the body to show up. Any rigging issues after mesh editing is not something I can help with as that's also a blender one tongue.png and no, static mesh would cause the model not to move.

@habilon depends on what you mean, they'll all just treated as texture files in game.

@2much maybe firaxis wanted us to see ohmy.png

@Nevtelenseg what you described is changing base gameplay, and we don't seem to have any coders about or they're doing other things, thats before anyone actually making animations, I think there's literally one guy who's done it.

@Arcturus7777 not a bug or exactly fixable (not without a lot of work), that's how firaxis split the torso and legs for tier 3

@Dasho yeah, no idea how firaxis did that, anarchy torso can only use anarchy legs and arms.

I'll have an update later (not at comp) using the body you guys already have, alien huters compatibility for new armour, copy of textures so it'll stop the localisation somehow bugging out textures (This will make the mod bigger than it needs to be, but compatibility), bare arms for each tier (not split individually, that'll be copying dlc content), will most probably have some clipping/seeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaammmms ;_;

edit: Here we go, v2, bloated edition attachicon.gifBarebaremod V2.zip

Ok, this is about the hole in the tier 3 armors.  Qualifier, I downloaded the SDK 1 hour ago, and I know nothing. LOL

To fix the tier 3 armor hole, would it be possible to create a mod that loads the bare mod legs, and then loads the tier 3 armor mods legs over it.  IE because if the t3 armor does not put anything to replace the gap part of the t3 armor, then the nude body texture would still be there to show up?

if this worked it would require no editing of textures, just usage of the ones already working.

this might work like adding a scope to a gun.

i didnt have see seam in my game. look like all good for now (not have try all outifit possibility yet, but for now its ok)

Hmm, have you tried on the serpent armor? I don't remember, but maybe I started getting the seams after I tried on the serpent armor.

well the multiplayer does let you control aliens i think so maybe so clever modders can find a way to mod so you can capture aliens and "convince" them to fight along side you

they are an mod on nexus allowing you to recrute aliens on your side. i have it, still i not have recuit aliens yet :P

you need do specific mission and then build the stuff for recruit them

it just need to add more .."special" in it

ok tested and yup it have some seam at the arms , this happen (on my side) only when i try to use it with hunter clothes such as naked arm + hunt armor or hunt arms + naked chest

not big seam tbh, but still present. i not have notice anything on legs or others places.

(i not have try the viper armor yet, forget to test this -_- , but its not from this for sure)