Who will you fight for in a Total World War?

Anbeegod

World War  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you fight for in the war?

• Aldmeri Dominion
    • The Medes (Empire of Cyrodiil)
    • An-Xileel (Black Marsh)
    • Hammerfell
    • Skyrim under the reign of the Stormcloaks
    • Oblivion invading force
    • Akaviri invading force
    • Screw you all, I will conquer Tamriel myself
  2. 2. Given one faction/nation to be allied with, who would be your ally?

• Aldmeri Dominion
    • The Medes (Empire of Cyrodiil)
    • An-Xileel (Black Marsh)
    • Hammerfell
    • Skyrim under the reign of the Stormcloaks
    • Oblivion invading force
    • Akaviri invading force
    • I don't need allies

I will conquer all factions without any ally, and bring democracy to the people, end the ancient era and begin modernization of Tamriel.

Both the Dominion and the Empire believe themselves to be the rightful ruler over the whole continent, so allying them is ridiculous if I want the world.

The xenophobic An-Xileel cannot be trusted.

Hammerfell imo is the Tamriellic Middle East, which means it is a sexist country, and I'm going to build a Tamriel that has equality and freedom.

Akavir and Daedra want to annex Tamriel, so once I conquer the White-Gold Tower and Alinor, they will turn against me.

The Stormcloaks is probably the weakest among these factions, I'd conquer and conscript them, rather than allying them.

Since I can only vote for the perspective of one character, it'll be my Dragonborn, Kallista Scelsvir Brander.

The Empire is dying, the Dominion is ever-growing in power, and the realm is fractured.  Ulfric has the right idea - if the entity that was supposed to protect you has proven unable to do so, do it your damn self.  But the Stormcloaks are plagued by racism almost as indelibly as the Dominion itself.  Tamriel needs someone with broader vision, with the ability to unite as many as possible under their banner and not divide the land further with petty bigotry.  But mostly, they need a conqueror, someone with vision, passion, and the drive to rule... they need a dragon.  Or, better still... a Dragonborn.

Kallista wouldn't ally with anyone per se.  Rather, she would use her authority and popular position as Dragonborn to win the Nords out form under Ulfric.  But rather than pressing the "we hate elves" angle, her campaign slogan would be "what once was ruled by Dragons shall rise again with Dragons", referencing the Dragonborn emperors of the Septim dynasty,  recalling the golden age of the Empire, and leveraging her own connection to Talos/Hjalti Early-Beard/Ysmir/Tiber Septim. Her next move would be to use the same tactic on the Imperials under the recently-ended Mede Dynasty, taking advantage of their instability to rally the disenfranchised and those seeking a leader with a true right to reign. Only then could her war begin in earnest.

None of my characters supports any of these factions.

I'll become a bandit lord. They won't pay attention to a bunch of bandits while there's war raging all over the place. In the meantime, I'll gather so much money, drugs and loot that I will have my own independent underground empire. Everyone must (or at least is highly encouraged to) train daily so I won't have an army of incompetent cannon fodder.

I would make allies with other influential bandits and pirates. Everything that I'll conquer will be a free for all paradise. I'll even rename Solitude to Piratesville. Blue Palace? More like... more like... PIRATE Palace. Yeah.

You won't find more freedom and equality anywhere else :D

I would play the odds. Black Marsh, Hammerfell and Akaviri are all somewhat unknown (at least to me, having only played Skyrim), but the Empire is still weak after the Great War, rebellion and assassination of the Emperor, so they would fall early on I think. But for that reason, I would fight for the Empire to weaken everybody else as much as possible then come out of it with no allegiance to anyone once the Empire falls.

The Dominion would conquer Skyrim as it would still be somewhat divided between Stormcloaks and Empire loyalists, Hammerfell would probably go too after a long war and meanwhile my vampire Dragonborn would have been leading a team against Oblivion and stopped the Daedra before starting to quietly enthrall the survivors of each conquered region.

Then I would start enthralling the leaders of the Aldmeri Dominion and sabotage the Akaviri and Black Marsh. Once they've all killed each other I would be left with those oh so superior high elves under my control, and would rule all of Tamriel forever as an immortal vampire king, being careful to kill any vampires I find to prevent a coup.

Well If i had the option

I would be an Khajiit warlord, who unifity the tribes to create a khanate with a army of horse riders, then free elsweyr from the gasp of the Dominion. After when elsweyr under my rule. I start conquer and enslaving Tamriel :P.

• 4 weeks later...

Well If i had the option

I would be an Khajiit warlord, who unifity the tribes to create a khanate with a army of horse riders, then free elsweyr from the gasp of the Dominion. After when elsweyr under my rule. I start conquer and enslaving Tamriel :P.

Have you played the Elder Scrolls total war mod for Medieval 2 Total war?

In my campaign as the Anequina I've conquered most of Nirm, only the Argonians left.

Well If i had the option

Have you played the Elder Scrolls total war mod for Medieval 2 Total war?

In my campaign as the Anequina I've conquered most of Nirm, only the Argonians left.

I not played,but seen some stuff about it.

Well beastrace ftw :D, I'm sure it was fun campaign :)

I'll die before I ever bow to Ulfric (aka Adolf) and his Nord Nazi Regime! For the Empire! For the Emperor!

At least we accept people unlike the supremacist Nords.

I'd stick to the treaty with the Dominion, they're a major threat, but by staying at peace we can recover and better prepare for the inevitable.

Slay the Stormcloaks (aka Hitler's forces)!

would be epic to see a Elder Scrolls Total War game! :heart:

Black Marsh (argonians )because they are so badass and give no fucks.

" . . .however, an Argonian political faction known as the An-Xileel managed to rally the natives and push back at Mehrunes Dagon's forces with a native might unmatched in any other province save Cyrodiil itself, where Martin Septim likewise pulled the Counties together at the Battle of Bruma. The Argonian forces apparently managed to flood into Oblivion itself, fighting and winning against the Daedra on their own turf. The Dremora lieutenants were forced to close their own Gates to prevent being overrun, something unheard of anywhere else. The An-Xileel and their resistance managed to hold Black Marsh until Martin defeated Dagon in the Imperial City and closed all the Gates forever. "

Not to mention getting revenge on dunmers by en-slaving them earlier.

Hammerfell imo is the Tamriellic Middle East, which means it is a sexist country. 

The Stormcloaks is probably the weakest among these factions

Where did either of those assumptions come from other then head-canon? Where was it ever said, or even implied that Hammerfell is full of people like that; also, how is the stormcloaks the weakest faction? Do you mean to say they're disheveled after the war? From where I'm standing, after two crushing defeats, the empire would be the weakest forces. 

Regarding answers... I didn't like any of the choices all that much, but for the sake of voting, I ally myself with the stormcloaks and rule by myself. The true answer I would give is to rally behind strength and eliminate the thalmor (not altmer, just destroy the political party) upon which I would attempt to assimilate all other groups under an undivided banner.

Hammerfell imo is the Tamriellic Middle East, which means it is a sexist country. 

Where did either of those assumptions come from other then head-canon? Where was it ever said, or even implied that Hammerfell is full of people like that; also, how is the stormcloaks the weakest faction? Do you mean to say they're disheveled after the war? From where I'm standing, after two crushing defeats, the empire would be the weakest forces. 

Regarding answers... I didn't like any of the choices all that much, but for the sake of voting, I ally myself with the stormcloaks and rule by myself. The true answer I would give is to rally behind strength and eliminate the thalmor (not altmer, just destroy the political party) upon which I would attempt to assimilate all other groups under an undivided banner.

Redguard sexism was implied in Ahlam's dialogues. Maybe she's only a single person and can't represent the whole fact, but it's hard to tell if it's a foreshadowing of the Hammerfell installment's theme, just as Skyrim's theme is racism.

Both the empire and the Stormcloaks suffered huge loss in the CW, but the empire has

1. more money (the economy of Skyrim relies on the empire for a great deal, according to Balgruuf, one of the only witted Jarls; by the time Skyrim completely develops its own economy, the war is already half over)

2. more and better quality resources (Skyrim is mostly covered by snow, agriculture is not as good as Cyrodiil; as Balgruuf said, Skyrim relies on Cyrodiilic imports to a large extent; the only resource that Skyrim is rich in is its mine)

3. greater manpower (population of Cyrodiil and High Rock combined is higher than Skyrim)

4. more and better magic users (Bretons are born to be magic users, and Breton's homeland High Rock is still part of the empire; Skyrim only has the College of Winterhold which has only a handful of mages who aren't even the top ones; also, Skyrim Nords generally don't treasure magic)

5. a more cosmopolitan society, talents from different races can be found in Cyrodiil (whereas Skyrim is >70% Nords who are usually only good at melee combat, and the Stormcloaks generally dislike the other races, making its rank >95% Nord)

Also, the CW occurred in Skyrim, not Cyrodiil or High Rock. It causes damage to the empire's power, but not Cyrodiil itself (not directly); whereas, Skyrim is completely screwed in the war.

The only disadvantage of the empire, compared to Skyrim, is its politics. It faces corruption and political instability in both Cyrodiil and High Rock, as well as the powerplay between the emperor and the Elder Council, and also pressure from AD.

The post-CW Skyrim Jarls are all loyal to Ulfric for the moment, but time will show their hunger for power, if Ulfric cannot control his liege lords. Corruption isn't very much better than Cyrodiil either, because every single guard can be bribed in front of everyone, and there's Markarth and Riften.

The Stormcloaks stand no chance against the full might of the empire, unless the political feuds of the imperials get the entire empire first.

My rank for the overall power of the nations except Akavir:

1. AD

2. Black Marsh

3. Empire

4. Hammerfell

5. Skyrim

Don't forget that only a dragonborn can kill dragons. After killing Alduin I would force all the remaining dragons to work for me. No faction can survive getting all of its farms burned. My first target would be the aldmeri dominion as I am sure everyone else would ally with me and I hate those elves because they are too ugly to live.

Redguard sexism was implied in Ahlam's dialogues. Maybe she's only a single person and can't represent the whole fact, but it's hard to tell if it's a foreshadowing of the Hammerfell installment's theme, just as Skyrim's theme is racism.

Both the empire and the Stormcloaks suffered huge loss in the CW, but the empire has

1. more money (the economy of Skyrim relies on the empire for a great deal, according to Balgruuf, one of the only witted Jarls; by the time Skyrim completely develops its own economy, the war is already half over)

2. more and better quality resources (Skyrim is mostly covered by snow, agriculture is not as good as Cyrodiil; as Balgruuf said, Skyrim relies on Cyrodiilic imports to a large extent; the only resource that Skyrim is rich in is its mine)

3. greater manpower (population of Cyrodiil and High Rock combined is higher than Skyrim)

4. more and better magic users (Bretons are born to be magic users, and Breton's homeland High Rock is still part of the empire; Skyrim only has the College of Winterhold which has only a handful of mages who aren't even the top ones; also, Skyrim Nords generally don't treasure magic)

5. a more cosmopolitan society, talents from different races can be found in Cyrodiil (whereas Skyrim is >70% Nords who are usually only good at melee combat, and the Stormcloaks generally dislike the other races, making its rank >95% Nord)

Also, the CW occurred in Skyrim, not Cyrodiil or High Rock. It causes damage to the empire's power, but not Cyrodiil itself (not directly); whereas, Skyrim is completely screwed in the war.

The only disadvantage of the empire, compared to Skyrim, is its politics. It faces corruption and political instability in both Cyrodiil and High Rock, as well as the powerplay between the emperor and the Elder Council, and also pressure from AD.

The post-CW Skyrim Jarls are all loyal to Ulfric for the moment, but time will show their hunger for power, if Ulfric cannot control his liege lords. Corruption isn't very much better than Cyrodiil either, because every single guard can be bribed in front of everyone, and there's Markarth and Riften.

The Stormcloaks stand no chance against the full might of the empire, unless the political feuds of the imperials get the entire empire first.

1. AD

2. Black Marsh

3. Empire

4. Hammerfell

5. Skyrim

Ahlam was spitting venom over her husband being an asshole, no other statements coincide with her words as far as I'm aware.

Regarding the Stormcloaks, I can't completely disagree with your points of Skyrims individual strength, I can only speculate that the AD are purposely and willfully limiting the Empires strength. After the Stormcloaks defeated them, why would the AD, whom still control them, allow them any military strength after such a pathetic attempt to crush a small rebellion? Of course my thoughts aren't canon, but, after Hammerfell and Skyrim separated from the Empire, and proved able to be more competent then them, why would High Rock or any other province stand with the Empire? 

I do agree the Dominion, Black Marsh, and Hammerfell currently have more strength then Skyrim under Ulfric or not though.

1. AD

2. Black Marsh

3. Empire

4. Hammerfell

5. Skyrim

Ahlam was spitting venom over her husband being an asshole, no other statements coincide with her words as far as I'm aware.

Regarding the Stormcloaks, I can't completely disagree with your points of Skyrims individual strength, I can only speculate that the AD are purposely and willfully limiting the Empires strength. After the Stormcloaks defeated them, why would the AD, whom still control them, allow them any military strength after such a pathetic attempt to crush a small rebellion? Of course my thoughts aren't canon, but, after Hammerfell and Skyrim separated from the Empire, and proved able to be more competent then them, why would High Rock or any other province stand with the Empire?

I do agree the Dominion, Black Marsh, and Hammerfell currently have more strength then Skyrim under Ulfric or not though.

"AD controls the emperor" is only a propaganda of the Stormcloaks. The two are in a Cold War, with neither side being foolish enough to initiate a war so "soon".

High Rock is still under the banner of the Medes, so that makes it part of the empire, until more background information suggests otherwise. Also, High Rock is being plagued by court intrigues, no side would be silly enough to turn down the "rightful" support from the emperor.

1. AD

2. Black Marsh

3. Empire

4. Hammerfell

5. Skyrim

"AD controls the emperor" is only a propaganda of the Stormcloaks. The two are in a Cold War, with neither side being foolish enough to initiate a war so "soon".

If they can manipulate the Empire into wasting their withered resources fighting what was a pointless war by your definition as you decided the Stormcloaks won, how are they not inherently pulling the Empires strings?

That being said, the AD is being pretty ballsy for not wishing to instigate another war, what with going onto the Empires land, rounding people up, and torturing and killing them.

1. AD

2. Black Marsh

3. Empire

4. Hammerfell

5. Skyrim

If they can manipulate the Empire into wasting their withered resources fighting what was a pointless war by your definition as you decided the Stormcloaks won, how are they not inherently pulling the Empires strings?

That being said, the AD is being pretty ballsy for not wishing to instigate another war, what with going onto the Empires land, rounding people up, and torturing and killing them.

There's bound to be rebellions after the empire is weakened so much and signed the concordat. It wasn't all AD's manipulation, both the empire and Ulfric Stormcloak had contributed to the CW's happening. Ulfric Stormcloak wants power, and he needs an excuse to gain it, which was well given by the WGC. The empire allowed its politics crumble and be corrupt, and so it has given the opportunists opportunities.

By manipulating the emperor, it would mean he listens to AD's counsel before making every move and believe/obey no matter what, and this clearly is not the case. AD set the tides for the events, but it doesn't have complete control over everything.

The Empire can defeat the Aldmeri Dominion if its leadership is strong, assertive, and unwilling to make lopsided compromises with its enemies.

Unfortunately, none of this is true, nor do I see it improving in the near future.  Thus, I side with Ulfric and abandon that sinking ship.

The Empire can defeat the Aldmeri Dominion if its leadership is strong, assertive, and unwilling to make lopsided compromises with its enemies.

Unfortunately, none of this is true, nor do I see it improving in the near future.  Thus, I side with Ulfric and abandon that sinking ship.

One side sucks doesn't always mean its opposite is better, the same can be applied on the Stormcloaks as well.

The current empire CANNOT defeat AD even if it has a strong emperor/empress. Titus Mede II is already capable enough or he wouldn't have won the battle of the Red Ring. Signing the concordat is only to cease the loss of lives and the absolute destruction of the entire empire's economy and politics. The empire was already weakened for a great deal after the Red Year, and it didn't have sufficient manpower and resources for more sea battles. Landing at Auridon alone would be as difficult as D-Day, even if the empire succeeded, the battle in the main isle would be even more brutal, which the empire was impossible to afford. It was already hard to fight Alinor alone, and before striking at Alinor, the empire had to deal with Valenwood and Elsweyr forces. The possible threats from Argonian invading force to the Cyrodiil while most of the Legion is off to invade AD isn't even counted yet.

One side sucks doesn't always mean its opposite is better, the same can be applied on the Stormcloaks as well.

Yet the Empire and Skyrim (provided it gained its independence) are each under a different set of circumstances. 

I'll elaborate another time since I am feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

The current empire CANNOT defeat AD even if it has a strong emperor/empress. Titus Mede II is already capable enough or he wouldn't have won the battle of the Red Ring. 

Judging by the DB quest line and The Great War, it is obvious that the difficulties Titus Mede II faces during his reign stem from the Elder Council.  

It is suggested in the book which I linked that the decision to sign the WGC was pushed by them.  It is important to note that the Emperor had defied the AD at every turn.  The sudden accordance to such a lopsided treaty is out-of-character for him.  

And then there's Amaund Motierre's plot to assassinate him.

Signing the concordat is only to cease the loss of lives and the absolute destruction of the entire empire's economy and politics. 

I don't believe that seceding Hammerfell to the AD and allowing Thalmor agents to roam freely throughout the Empire was worth the cost, especially considering that the AD lost all their forces in Cyrodiil and mostly took heavy casualties during their prolonged campaign in Hammerfell.

And finally, 25 years had passed since the signing of the WGC.  If the Empire has been unable to get its house in order during that time, there is something very wrong with its inner workings.

The empire was already weakened for a great deal after the Red Year, and it didn't have sufficient manpower and resources for more sea battles. 
Landing at Auridon alone would be as difficult as D-Day, even if the empire succeeded, the battle in the main isle would be even more brutal, which the empire was impossible to afford. It was already hard to fight Alinor alone, and before striking at Alinor, the empire had to deal with Valenwood and Elsweyr forces. The possible threats from Argonian invading force to the Cyrodiil while most of the Legion is off to invade AD isn't even counted yet.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here.  The Great War was primarily a land-based conflict.  The Red Year occurred more than a century prior to the Great War.  And the extent of the damage caused by Red Mountain's eruption was limited to Vvardenfell.

Yet the Empire and Skyrim (provided it gained its independence) are each under a different set of circumstances.

I'll elaborate another time since I am feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

The current empire CANNOT defeat AD even if it has a strong emperor/empress. Titus Mede II is already capable enough or he wouldn't have won the battle of the Red Ring.

Judging by the DB quest line and The Great War, it is obvious that the difficulties Titus Mede II faces during his reign stem from the Elder Council.

It is suggested in the book which I linked that the decision to sign the WGC was pushed by them. It is important to note that the Emperor had defied the AD at every turn. The sudden accordance to such a lopsided treaty is out-of-character for him.

And then there's Amaund Motierre's plot to assassinate him.

Signing the concordat is only to cease the loss of lives and the absolute destruction of the entire empire's economy and politics.

I don't believe that seceding Hammerfell to the AD and allowing Thalmor agents to roam freely throughout the Empire was worth the cost, especially considering that the AD lost all their forces in Cyrodiil and mostly took heavy casualties during their prolonged campaign in Hammerfell.

And finally, 25 years had passed since the signing of the WGC. If the Empire has been unable to get its house in order during that time, there is something very wrong with its inner workings.

The empire was already weakened for a great deal after the Red Year, and it didn't have sufficient manpower and resources for more sea battles.

Landing at Auridon alone would be as difficult as D-Day, even if the empire succeeded, the battle in the main isle would be even more brutal, which the empire was impossible to afford. It was already hard to fight Alinor alone, and before striking at Alinor, the empire had to deal with Valenwood and Elsweyr forces. The possible threats from Argonian invading force to the Cyrodiil while most of the Legion is off to invade AD isn't even counted yet.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here. The Great War was primarily a land-based conflict. The Red Year occurred more than a century prior to the Great War. And the extent of the damage caused by Red Mountain's eruption was limited to Vvardenfell.

lol I confused Red Ring with Red Year. Apologies.

What I was trying to say is that, regardless of the political situation of the empire after Red Ring, the empire was impossible to defeat AD. Continuing the war means risking the empire's total collapse, and even the chance that the empire can succeed in the invasion to AD is low itself. It's a lost cause, all that the emperor could do is to minimize the loss.

Continue the war, the legion will lose more men, and will very likely lose anyways, thus the empire will be completely destroyed this time by AD, rebellions/warlords, or An-Xileel.

Cease the war, at least the empire can survive and gain its chance. Losing Hammerfell and the Thalmor infiltrates the empire, doesn't seem worse than losing the entire empire and have it ruled by chaos. What happened later doesn't matter, the emperor made the right decision at the moment.

What I was trying to say is that, regardless of the political situation of the empire after Red Ring, the empire was impossible to defeat AD. Continuing the war means risking the empire's total collapse, and even the chance that the empire can succeed in the invasion to AD is low itself. It's a lost cause, all that the emperor could do is to minimize the loss.

Continue the war, the legion will lose more men, and will very likely lose anyways, thus the empire will be completely destroyed this time by AD, rebellions/warlords, or An-Xileel.

Cease the war, at least the empire can survive and gain its chance. Losing Hammerfell and the Thalmor infiltrates the empire, doesn't seem worse than losing the entire empire and have it ruled by chaos. What happened later doesn't matter, the emperor made the right decision at the moment.

Yet the Empire had already defeated the elves in Cyrodiil.  Their only other remaining forces were being fought to a standstill by a country which had been weakened over the centuries by internal political strife coupled with dependence on the Legions for protection.  Justifying the Empire's decision to sign the WGC out of "pragmatism" is a poor excuse since the AD had effectively lost the bulk of their military strength in Cyrodiil while simultaneously being worn out by the Redguards.

Besides, signing the WGC did not stop corsairs from sacking Wayrest, nor quell the chaos throughout Cyrodiil following the Great War.  

Also, I haven't come across any indication that the Argonians have an interest in attacking Cyrodiil.  

Archived