Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

ah ok thanks for the response.  I can't see why my character would want to hinder herself like that, but I can see why someone would.  I'll stick to the poisons.  The prices listed to craft the potions don't actually match the actual cost I've noticed.  they all list 250g, but several cost 1g, and some are over 1k. 

It would be nice to have the ability to set the prices maybe?

The curse potions are really only there so i can easily test them by applying them to my character. They will be used as part of the punishment system and also they will have a chance to be applied if the devious magic back fires (not sure if you knew about that :) )

The prices will be redone at some point and will help create a bit of a gold sink seeing as devious magic is extremely powerful when used in the correct situations.

i had a idea you know the phraise tiying the knot after sanguines thing he could say i heard you need a hubby so ill help with that you black out to wake up inside the mara temple with a dog about to hump you as the dogs humping away at you the guy that does the weddings ends up doing the wedding crap

after the sex and he finnishes saying his stuff he will force greet you saying thats the first time anyone has asked him to perform a wedding between a human and a dog before

when you get to pick a option 1 is thank you which you would be married to the dog the other option could be no i was forced into it i dont want to be married to a mutt which would void the wedding

the wedding can only be done onces though if you are married to either the dog or another life form you get the riverwood toy thing

you could set it up for other citys as well with diffrent things happening in them citys you have riverwood as the devices and shocking then have a diffrent city for being in stocks and getting fucked

Hello dear modder I love your mod and have fun playing with it. I saw that you are open to sugestions so I was thinking if you could make the curses have a random way of appearing on you. Like a trap or from enemies. It seem like it would increase the danger (and also the enjoyment :D ). Anyway just a random thought. Thank you for your mod.

Casting the slowed spell does not seem to put boots on the target.

(Checking them in console, they do have "devious magic - Sanguine's blessing")

i've checked in the creation kit and the spells look like they should work correctly. Are you actually casting the spell directly or using a potion on a weapon?

i had a idea you know the phraise tiying the knot after sanguines thing he could say i heard you need a hubby so ill help with that you black out to wake up inside the mara temple with a dog about to hump you as the dogs humping away at you the guy that does the weddings ends up doing the wedding crap

after the sex and he finnishes saying his stuff he will force greet you saying thats the first time anyone has asked him to perform a wedding between a human and a dog before

when you get to pick a option 1 is thank you which you would be married to the dog the other option could be no i was forced into it i dont want to be married to a mutt which would void the wedding

the wedding can only be done onces though if you are married to either the dog or another life form you get the riverwood toy thing

you could set it up for other citys as well with diffrent things happening in them citys you have riverwood as the devices and shocking then have a diffrent city for being in stocks and getting fucked

I like the idea. Would also work well with other creatures...perhaps kept as a trolls play thing or as a pet by a giant?

Hello dear modder I love your mod and have fun playing with it. I saw that you are open to sugestions so I was thinking if you could make the curses have a random way of appearing on you. Like a trap or from enemies. It seem like it would increase the danger (and also the enjoyment :D ). Anyway just a random thought. Thank you for your mod.

I have thought the very same ideas. I was thinking along the lines of applying a chance to receive a curse when...

1. Looting a chest (a la Devious Cursed Loot)

2. Triggering a trap

3. Consuming a health/mana/stamina potion

4. Consuming food/water

5. On character rape

6. Whenever Sanguine is bored!

7. equipping new armour/weapon or having cursed armour/weapons (not sure how best to achieve it yet)

i've checked in the creation kit and the spells look like they should work correctly. Are you actually casting the spell directly or using a potion on a weapon?

I like the idea. Would also work well with other creatures...perhaps kept as a trolls play thing or as a pet by a giant?

I have thought the very same ideas. I was thinking along the lines of applying a chance to receive a curse when...

1. Looting a chest (a la Devious Cursed Loot)

2. Triggering a trap

3. Consuming a health/mana/stamina potion

4. Consuming food/water

5. On character rape

6. Whenever Sanguine is bored!

7. equipping new armour/weapon or having cursed armour/weapons (not sure how best to achieve it yet)

Thank you for the quick and awsome reply. As I dont know much about complex moding like yours all that I have is a suggestion. Perhaps add those potions and spells to mobs and npcs all over the place or maybe a much simpler way would be for a quest event to trigger and add a curse on you that has a chance of doing all the devious potions, hexes and maybe some other things as well. Second option seems much easier. Anyway hope to see it at some point :D thank you.

Please forgive my English; I am not a native english user. :)

This is just a suggestion.

How about add autonomy of to select about success percentage of devious magic? via MCM or spells or anything you want.

I know you made the percentage the best balance to enjoy this mod. but, I want to change this value.

If, adding the function about changing that value is unacceptable or you dislike adding this function, Please let me know where I edit to change value in script.

Think you about making this mod with great ideas.

Please forgive my English; I am not a native english user. :)

How about add autonomy of to select about success percentage of devious magic? via MCM or spells or anything you want.

I know you made the percentage the best balance to enjoy this mod. but, I want to change this value.

If, adding the function about changing that value is unacceptable or you dislike adding this function, Please let me know where I edit to change value in script.

I guess at some point I will create an MCM menu to alter values such as the success chance, but it is not something I am looking at doing at the moment. I find the MCM menu system script to be very time consuming :)

If you wish to do it yourself then it is controlled by a single script. Have a look at any of the spell effects for the spells in the creation kit (not the hex/curse spells as they work differently) and you should see they are all using the same script on them. Edit that script to change the chance for success.

I've been thinking about the effect of NPC's casting powerful magic on you (somewhere on page 2)...

Can you make scrolls and have random necromancers and other spell casters have one or two of those scrolls (at most)? That way they can't cast that spell often. And it also introduces a mean to get these spells, just kill them before they have a chance to use those scrolls on you, should they have one. It also limits the player to use these kind of spells too often.

That way, this mod can tribute a bit to a devious atmosphere of Skyrim without being (too) dominant.

Please forgive my English; I am not a native english user. smile.png

I guess at some point I will create an MCM menu to alter values such as the success chance, but it is not something I am looking at doing at the moment. I find the MCM menu system script to be very time consuming smile.png

If you wish to do it yourself then it is controlled by a single script. Have a look at any of the spell effects for the spells in the creation kit (not the hex/curse spells as they work differently) and you should see they are all using the same script on them. Edit that script to change the chance for success.

Thank you. I guess that I can it. :) Have a good day.

I have the same problem. I tried the spell and the potions, and they didn't work for me.

I like 'delight' potion, it's a cool addition.  However, it seems that when it equips some devices, it removes previous devices (such as special collars from Cursed Loot).  

Ah, yes....indeed it will. I do need to improve the add/remove scripts so that it doesn't remove already worn items (which would prevent it from removing Cursed Loot items)

I like 'delight' potion, it's a cool addition.  However, it seems that when it equips some devices, it removes previous devices (such as special collars from Cursed Loot).  

Ah, yes....indeed it will. I do need to improve the add/remove scripts so that it doesn't remove already worn items (which would prevent it from removing Cursed Loot items)

That's awesome to hear that you are looking to fix it. Looking forward to it.

Are you also planning to add variables for the prices? so that i could alter them myself?  I'm playing with a low-cash game right now, and 700 for a poison that sometimes doesn't work is hard to justify.

just an idea, great work so far.

I know Kimy uses the keyword "zad_BlockGeneric" to prevent her mod, and other compatible mods from removing quest devices.  The fix you need may be as simple as accounting for that...  I'm no mod maker, but I was able to learn this tiny bit just so I could add this keyword to a few other devices I didn't want being removed through dialogue...  I could be totally wrong as far as this instance goes, but it may be worth looking into...

I know Kimy uses the keyword "zad_BlockGeneric" to prevent her mod, and other compatible mods from removing quest devices.  The fix you need may be as simple as accounting for that...  I'm no mod maker, but I was able to learn this tiny bit just so I could add this keyword to a few other devices I didn't want being removed through dialogue...  I could be totally wrong as far as this instance goes, but it may be worth looking into...

Ah, that points me in the right direction. :)

I've been playing around with making all the potions into proper cast-able spells but I just can't get the devious devices to equip when using a targeted spell. I know the scripts are being executed but nothing gets applied to the target...no idea why at the moment. Everything works fine when it is an "on contact" spell i.e one that you apply to a weapon/arrow.

I hope to be working on some more curses shortly and getting them into the game more frequently i.e. from opening chests etc so stay tuned :)

-------------

It seems like there are 3 basic events that I can tie into very easily.

OnObjectEquipped()

OnItemAdded()

and

OnHit()

OnObjectEquipped() would allow me to simulate a piece of armour (or similar) being cursed with one of the devious curses without having to create enchantments and populate skyrim with them. There would be a small chance that any item that can be worn could be cursed, and even items that you create or have worn previously could turn out to be cursed! Again, the overall chance could be based on arousal etc.

OnItemAdded() - this triggers whenever anything is added to the players inventory so would give an easy way to do a cursed loot scenario (I assume this is what that mod uses).

OnHit() - this would allow me to simulate both spells and weapons having a chance of a devious magic effect when it hits the player. This is a better route than modifying vanilla spells or adding enchantments/spells to NPCs etc as I feel it would give me more control over what happens and when i.e. more chance when aroused (or maybe the attackers arousal?)

New version up. I've now moved this mod to version 1.0! It basically does everything that I want it to. This doesn't mean that it is finished....there's still loads of spells and curses that I want to add.

I've also implemented the 1st stage of getting the curses and other devious magic effects out there into skyrim.

On Item Equip

The 1st method is applying the curses to items that can be worn. Rather than create enchantments (which I couldn't get to work properly) the mod now checks every time an item is equipped to see if it might be cursed. There is basically a 5% chance that the item you equip will have a curse applied to it. 

Unfortunately, Devious Curses are not removed if you remove the offending item :) That's just how devious they are! In fact, some items can hold dormant curses that do not trigger the 1st time they are worn! Truly devious!

On Hit

When you are hit with either a weapon, arrow or magic effect there is a 2% chance that your attacker has infused the spell or weapon with devious magic and that you will be effected by it. At the moment it only deals with curses, but I shall extend it to include other magic effects shortly.

it's, It's IT's a v1.0!!!!!!!! :shy:

indeed....it is now 1.1!

I've made the decision to remove the ondeath event. I shall be adding a similar encounter with Sanguine when I update my Devious Surrender mod at some point. That mod will deal with all the bad outcomes of dying...this mod will focus on adventurers with devious magic!

With that in mind I have added the ability to request a discount at all vendors. You will always be given a bartering potion as a reward at the end but, as you can imagine, it doesn't always end well :) It is a neat way to maximise money when buying and selling especially if your using a mod that makes Skyrim expensive.

I've also added the Hircine Bride curse to the mod which includes mini stories :)

indeed....it is now 1.1!

I've made the decision to remove the ondeath event. I shall be adding a similar encounter with Sanguine when I update my Devious Surrender mod at some point. That mod will deal with all the bad outcomes of dying...this mod will focus on adventurers with devious magic!

With that in mind I have added the ability to request a discount at all vendors. You will always be given a bartering potion as a reward at the end but, as you can imagine, it doesn't always end well :) It is a neat way to maximise money when buying and selling especially if your using a mod that makes Skyrim expensive.

I've also added the Hircine Bride curse to the mod which includes mini stories :)

Actually thanks for that. I was going to use it in like a, (erm), 'proper game', but I'm currently using SM Essential Player on Hardcore for a death mod and didn't think this would have actually been too happy about that.

indeed....it is now 1.1!

i dont use the surrnder mod i hope it wont be a requirment

im guessing its a bug but after starting a new game i went to bed and was stripped no naked dream or anything like that just went streight to sleep and woke up to be nude

i hope thats not ment to happen if it is then im going to switch back to old one

indeed....it is now 1.1!

Actually thanks for that. I was going to use it in like a, (erm), 'proper game', but I'm currently using SM Essential Player on Hardcore for a death mod and didn't think this would have actually been too happy about that.

Yeah, it wasn't really properly implemented and would conflict with any other onDeath mod so I thought I'd do everything I wanted to do in a proper onDeath mod i.e. Devious Surrender then people can choose to use it or not.

indeed....it is now 1.1!

i dont use the surrnder mod i hope it wont be a requirment

No, there will be no requirement to use that mod. They will both be totally separate as they are now, although they will be designed to work together if you so choose to use both :)

im guessing its a bug but after starting a new game i went to bed and was stripped no naked dream or anything like that just went streight to sleep and woke up to be nude

i hope thats not ment to happen if it is then im going to switch back to old one

hmmm.....there are three curses that might cause that effect. Waking Horror, Hircine's Bride and Naked Dream. Were you able to re-quip your clothes?

If you were then it wasn't Naked Dream as that blocks your inventory for up to 30 seconds.

If you were able to access your inventory but your clothes were gone then it was Waking Horror (you'd also see the message "You wake up feeling slightly cooler than usual")

If none of the above it might have been Hircine's Bride that failed to trigger properly - did you get any mini story popups?

Other than that, if you have Deviously Cursed Loot installed there is an option in that mod to always sleep naked where you will wake up and have to re-equip your stuff and is enabled by default so would be active on a new game.