Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

CTD almost every time when sanguine is giving the punishment, only naked dream don't ctd , all other punishment will ctd :cccccc not happy, same problem happens on 1.5 version

the debuff punishments works fine, but like sweep(summon ghost one i think?) will ctd 

I love this mod, unfortunately i can no longer fit the devious devices mods in my load order so I had to uninstall it. I wish there was a version of this that supported the devious mods but didn't require them so I could still enjoy the mimic/curse system that isn't reliant on the devious stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Some curse ideas:

-Not matter what's worn player is always considered nude by others (besides annoying comments in vanilla, with other mods this might lead to more interesting consequences :) ).

-(S)he's a screamer: What about the player releasing some Unrelenting Force whenever reaching orgasm?

-Sleep disturbances(would work best with something like "see you sleep"): Ranging from randomly awaking because of wet dreams, to the player wandering around at night(sleepwalking?!), seeking the beds of others.

Some curse ideas:

-Not matter what's worn player is always considered nude by others (besides annoying comments in vanilla, with other mods this might lead to more interesting consequences :) ).

-(S)he's a screamer: What about some the player releasing some Unrelenting Force whenever reaching orgasm?

-Sleep disturbances(would work best with something like "see you sleep"): Ranging from randomly awaking because of wet dreams, to the player wandering around at night, seeking the beds of others.

Bah, at "She's a screamer" somehow a scene of GoT came to my mind

the marriage of Lysa Arryn and Petyr Baelish *shudder*

• 3 weeks later...

Have you fixed this mod, where the spell effects do not stay on you forever?

I liked the mod, but had to discontinue using to for that reason.  

It would be nice, also, if you could prevent your mod from removing certain items like High-Security items or Cursed/Slave/Slut collars from Cursed Loot.

thought of a curse

the bad dream

while sleeping if the bad dream kicks in the player would be bought out of sleep mode hog tied with 4 ghosts standing near the bed wanking over the player after a small timer the ghosts shoot there cum over the player the player blacks out waking up at the time they set it to before the bad dream kicked in only condition would be it would have to only trigger when the sleep time is longer than the ghosts wanking off and cumming over the player

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble with this mod. Three of the hexes have afflicted me and utterly refuse to run their time out. hircine's bride, the waking horror thing, and thief's bane. I've let the game run with my character just standing around for a very long time, I've tried the wait effect even sleeping, they are constantly at 40, 42, and 47 hours. Is there anything I can do to forcibly remove them?

Hi!

I like the Devious Traps mod, but the creator didn't update in quite a while, so it's likely discontinued.

That mod places rune traps all around the dungeons, but the creator had a problem with resetting them - i don't know if it's even possible in skyrim, rune traps work in an unusual way. I tried googling it, and the best result i had was to try resetting them as an object reference (http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Reset_-_ObjectReference), but I have no scripting/papyrus/mod-creating experience to actually try if it works.

Anyway: My idea is to create spellcasting soulgem traps and possibly rune traps which shoot devious magic, it would be a good additional way to implement the spells into the game.

Thanks and have fun!

I'm having some trouble with this mod. Three of the hexes have afflicted me and utterly refuse to run their time out. hircine's bride, the waking horror thing, and thief's bane. I've let the game run with my character just standing around for a very long time, I've tried the wait effect even sleeping, they are constantly at 40, 42, and 47 hours. Is there anything I can do to forcibly remove them?

The way curses work is that they are sort of permanent. They have a certain percentage chance to dispell themselves when they trigger and you can set that chance in the MCM menu. The time you are seeing is not actually the time left on the curse, it is how long the magical effect that will trigger the curse lasts. 

I have to set this to a high value to ensure the curse triggers before the magic effect ends. Once the curse cycles the magic effect timer is reset which is why it is always a long time in the future.

Hi!

I like the Devious Traps mod, but the creator didn't update in quite a while, so it's likely discontinued.

That mod places rune traps all around the dungeons, but the creator had a problem with resetting them - i don't know if it's even possible in skyrim, rune traps work in an unusual way. I tried googling it, and the best result i had was to try resetting them as an object reference (http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Reset_-_ObjectReference), but I have no scripting/papyrus/mod-creating experience to actually try if it works.

Anyway: My idea is to create spellcasting soulgem traps and possibly rune traps which shoot devious magic, it would be a good additional way to implement the spells into the game.

Thanks and have fun!

I'm not actively working on this mod at the moment, but I will be returning to it at some point. I'm currently working on updating my Sexist Guards mod.

Is this mod still in active development? Hope so :(

It hasn't been abandoned....just in the queue for an update as I work on my other mods.

Have you fixed this mod, where the spell effects do not stay on you forever?

I liked the mod, but had to discontinue using to for that reason.  

It would be nice, also, if you could prevent your mod from removing certain items like High-Security items or Cursed/Slave/Slut collars from Cursed Loot.

The spell effects last forever for a reason, but the actual chance for the curses to dispell themselves can be configured in the MCM at which point the magic effects will be removed.

I love this mod, unfortunately i can no longer fit the devious devices mods in my load order so I had to uninstall it. I wish there was a version of this that supported the devious mods but didn't require them so I could still enjoy the mimic/curse system that isn't reliant on the devious stuff.

It is a possibility I might do a LITE version. :)

odd i use the immortal potion but no longer go to his lair it keeps doing basic death any chance you could add a mysterios door somewhere so when you go to activate the door you trigger the death version you know from immortal potion since potion no longer works for some reason i used coc to get to it but no greeting just sits on his ass >.< i like the death version going to target place when you die

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if that is known, or new, or doesn't count here, i just saw this note at the daymoyl page:

Note that setting the player essential in the menu doesn't mean that the player is actually essential, since another mod could remove the flag at any time. This is the sort of thing to look for for incompatibility. One can confirm that the player is essential and that all system are operational under the utility tab of the menu, diagnostic section.

Considering that it's meant as a framework and options for SD+ and Defeat were implementent, maybe you could remove the incompatibility and ask to add your death alternative as an option? They seem to make some progress there and beeing quite active. Just a thought. :)

It is a possibility I might do a LITE version.  :)

Btw, there is devious equip, a mod without all the scripts and just the meshes/textures. I'm no expert in this, but those should be much easier to merge with other armor stuff to save space. It probably wouldn't work if you just replace them, and probably it would double the work to make a "half-lite" version... but just in case i'm wrong, i wanted to mention it. 

• 2 weeks later...

any chance you could implement this

(HEX) Curse of Weak Cloth - Not Implemented - Attacks by animals will have a high chance to rip your clothing from you. Clothing will either be unequipped, dropped to the floor or returned to your chest in Breezehome.

also could you add a activator somewhere in the world to trigger the death cell the immortal potion doesnt want to work for some reason i liked diying a lot to do the sanguines cell stuff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One thing about mimics: I have an armor. I created it by myself. Then I upgraded it and charm. And it morphed to mimic... How? Is that a bug? Or mimics are so great then can morph created original renamed armor? Not good that after any cursed loot, sexlab invents with stripping can end with morphing any created armor to smth useless...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim. First off, thanks for the mods - I use all of them. 

I know you're concentrating on your other mod now but I was wondering why DM doesn't seem to be working for me regarding curses and mimics. I took a look through the script and think I found out why. I usually play as a mage character so mostly use clothes. Is there a reason why you choose only armor to be affected? Which explains why clothes weren't getting cursed. As for DDs not being cursed - 2 problems, specifically, I'm talking about _DeviousMagicDeathControl script. 

1. The first if statement will exclude all devious devices for curses as all DDs use the MagicDisallowEnchanting keyword. 

2. bCanItBeCursed is set to false if the MCM option for cursed DDs is true. 

Below are some changes I made to fix DD curses and add curses and mimics to clothes as well:

Changes highlighted in bold.

Event OnObjectEquipped(Form akBaseObject, ObjectReference akReference)

if (!akBaseObject.HasKeyword(MagicDisallowEnchanting) || akBaseObject.HasKeyword(DeviousDevice))

bool bCanItBeCursed = false

if akBaseObject.HasKeyword(DeviousDevice) && _DMMCM.cursedDD

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

if ((akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingBody)) && _DMMCM.cursedCuirass))

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

if ((akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorBoots) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingFeet))  && _DMMCM.cursedBoots))

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

if ((akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorGauntlets) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingHands))  && _DMMCM.cursedGauntlets))

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

if akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingCirclet) && _DMMCM.cursedCirclets

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

if ((akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorHelmet) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingHead))  && _DMMCM.cursedHelmets))

bCanItBeCursed = true

endif

int intIsItCursed = utility.randomint(0,100)

int intIsItMimic = utility.randomint(0,100)
bool inMimicList = false

if (bCanItBeCursed)

if (intIsItCursed <  _DMMCM.curseChance AS INT)

int TotalCurses = _DeviousMagicCurses.GetSize() - 1
int selectRandomCurse = utility.randomint(0,TotalCurses)

SPELL RandomCurse = _DeviousMagicCurses.GetAt(selectRandomCurse) AS SPELL
RandomCurse.Cast(PlayerRef,PlayerRef)
Debug.Notification("The item feels strange as you put it on...")

endif

endif

;;;;NOW CHECK FOR MIMICS

if (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorCuirass) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingBody))  && _DMMCM.mimicCuirass && !inMimicList)

if (intIsItMimic<  _DMMCM.mimicChance AS INT)

PlayerRef.RemoveItem(akBaseObject)

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHarness)

keyword deviceKeyword = libs.zad_DeviousHarness
armor newDevice = Libs.GetGenericDeviceByKeyword(deviceKeyword)
Libs.ManipulateGenericDevice(PlayerRef,newDevice,true)

EndIf

Debug.Notification("The armour is a mimic! It disintegrates revealing a Devious Harness.")

endif

endif

if ((akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorBoots) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingFeet))  && _DMMCM.mimicBoots  && !inMimicList))

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBoots)

keyword deviceKeyword = libs.zad_DeviousBoots

EndIf

Debug.Notification("The boots are a mimic! It disintegrates revealing a pair of Slave Boots.")

endif

endif

if (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorGauntlets)  || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingHands)) && _DMMCM.mimicGauntlets && !inMimicList)

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousArmCuffs)

keyword deviceKeyword = libs.zad_DeviousArmCuffs

EndIf

Debug.Notification("The gauntlets are a mimic! It disintegrates revealing a pair of Arm Cuffs.")

endif

endif

if akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingCirclet) && _DMMCM.mimicCirclets && !inMimicList

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousGag)

keyword deviceKeyword = libs.zad_DeviousGag

EndIf

Debug.Notification("The circlet is a mimic! It  disintegrates revealing a Gag.")

endif

endif

if (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ArmorHelmet) || (akBaseObject.HasKeyword(ClothingHead))  && _DMMCM.mimicHelmets && !inMimicList)

if !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousCollar)

keyword deviceKeyword = libs.zad_DeviousCollar

EndIf

Debug.Notification("The helmet is a mimic! It disintegrates revealing a Devious Collar.")

endif

endif

endif

EndEvent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know I should probably read the entire thread, but it's getting pretty big. So quick question.

Is it normal for mimics/curses to effect gear that is previously uncursed? I'm here... I'm on LL, so obviously my gear comes on and off a lot. It seems that enabling curses/mimics is just random on every equip. I had to turn mimcs off, and then likewise the cursed gear as it was just far too debilitating to have my stuff that I've been wearing without incident, randomly transmuted or cursed.

I do get that the curses are not supposed to go away under magic effects. They may dispel themselves... that was rather confusing too, but I did read that far back.

Otherwise I really love the ideas that have been implemented here. Very scary stuff. It makes you think twice about equipping anything you find in a dungeon and the DD keyword reading makes DD even worse. :) I just wish it didn't make me think twice about ever equipping anything that was previously known good.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, KandiKain. I deactivated the mod because of this. It feels like the mod is cheating with us.

There should be a mimic-/curse-stat on every equip... but yes... I think its a script that runs everytime you equip an item.

Would be nice if the modder would return.