Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

*smiles* I'm looking forward to anything you have to offer.  I will say though, that the hex's in your mod, are way more interesting to me.  I kinda see it like this...  There are already several death alternative/defeat/surrender options already out there, however the hex's you've come up with offer a different form of torment for the character that they must constantly worry about(rather than worry about it only when they are defeated...)

I hope this makes sense... Either way, I love your mod and look forward to anything that comes next...

I know exactly what you mean :)

*smiles* I'm looking forward to anything you have to offer.  I will say though, that the hex's in your mod, are way more interesting to me.  I kinda see it like this...  There are already several death alternative/defeat/surrender options already out there, however the hex's you've come up with offer a different form of torment for the character that they must constantly worry about(rather than worry about it only when they are defeated...)

I hope this makes sense... Either way, I love your mod and look forward to anything that comes next...

I know exactly what you mean :)

As far as Sanguine showing up only that first time... any ideas?

Do you mean when you die, sanguine only shows up the first time?

-----------

Added Sanguine's Delight Hex which will cause all the player's clothes and weapons to be unequipped at a random time of 8-26 in game hours and a random number of devious devices added. The player's inventory will be locked for between 15 - 120 real time seconds after which the devious devices will be removed.

IDEA... Drugged with potions...

Your new potion looks like a lot of fun, but I'd like to see the potions and drugs forced upon the hapless player as well.

Triggers...

Rape... 5% chance to get drugged with a random effects potion.

Death... 5% chance instead of dying, you will get drugged.

IDEA 2... Pickpocket failure alternative...

You fail a pickpocketing, instead of everyone going crazy and trying to kill you.  You get drugged and dumped in the middle of nowhere, naked. All clothing removed, as well as removing all your clothing and armour from your inventory. The items being put into a chest in Breezehome... 

Random effect potions...

IDEA 3... Pickpocket failure alternative 3...

All gear removed, put in a chest in Breezehome. You pass out and find yourself without anything, unless you are wearing devious items.

You have powerful potions in your inventory, but they have nasty consequences to using them. You have 2 choices...

1. Fight or Run out of the dungeon, and run home naked, to get your stuff back.

2. Take the powerful potions, that increase your magic power by 100%. But will give you nasty side effects after taking them, that are random curse effects for 14 days.

Daily random HEX effects... Duration for 1 day only...

1. No clothing days.

2. No weapon days.

3. Animal magnetism... arousal around you increases, as if you are naked.

4. Breast increase by 200% for day, unable to use bows and weapons effectively. -70% damage with weapons...

5. Stallion... Horses find you extremely attractive, Horse sex is too much for your delicate body, reducing your health by 50% for each encounter. Time to run away from Horses, they just became lethal.

6. Sex exhaustion... having sex will destroy your stamina bar for the day, reducing it to 20%.

7. Bondage chickens... get within 50 feet of a chicken, and you get attacked and an item of devious equipment gets attached to you.

8. Torn clothing... Wolf attacks rip off clothing, time for some ranged attacks.

9. Reverse Vampire... you can only wear clothing in the dark, light unequips all your clothing. One by one, each minute you are in the light. You cannot re-equip until you have been in the dark for 1 minute...

10. No armour day, you can only wear clothing for the day.

More crazy ideas... :)

When I read your mod description at first, it went 'click' in my head as such an obvious connection. Spending arousal as mana, duh!

Of course, that's not what you're doing. You've gone a different way (of making arousal the conditional), and it seems quite fun. I'm going to try it out.

Do you mean when you die, sanguine only shows up the first time?

-----------

Added Sanguine's Delight Hex which will cause all the player's clothes and weapons to be unequipped at a random time of 8-26 in game hours and a random number of devious devices added. The player's inventory will be locked for between 15 - 120 real time seconds after which the devious devices will be removed.

No, I mean this: "Once you are enslaved, you can create all of the potions, spells and curses detailed below as implemented. However, Sanguine will be watching you intently and every 3-5 days of game time (not finalised) he will make a ghostly appearance and determine whether you have been good or bad", as it says on the mod description.  He shows up a few hours after I drink the slave potion, but never reappears.

Also, thank you so much for adding the new Hex!!!

how to escape ? i tryed fish fiah snake get the message lock moves a lot tryed fish fish fish lock moves a lot i tryed all combinations i can think of doesnt let player down and after a while 1 person said what does this do which is ment to trigger shocks since a few people did that already and it didnt do nothing like the ai broke somehow

Your new potion looks like a lot of fun, but I'd like to see the potions and drugs forced upon the hapless player as well.

Triggers...

You fail a pickpocketing, instead of everyone going crazy and trying to kill you.  You get drugged and dumped in the middle of nowhere, naked. All clothing removed, as well as removing all your clothing and armour from your inventory. The items being put into a chest in Breezehome... 

Random effect potions...

All gear removed, put in a chest in Breezehome. You pass out and find yourself without anything, unless you are wearing devious items.

You have powerful potions in your inventory, but they have nasty consequences to using them. You have 2 choices...

2. Take the powerful potions, that increase your magic power by 100%. But will give you nasty side effects after taking them, that are random curse effects for 14 days.

1. No clothing days.

2. No weapon days.

4. Breast increase by 200% for day, unable to use bows and weapons effectively. -70% damage with weapons...

5. Stallion... Horses find you extremely attractive, Horse sex is too much for your delicate body, reducing your health by 50% for each encounter. Time to run away from Horses, they just became lethal.

6. Sex exhaustion... having sex will destroy your stamina bar for the day, reducing it to 20%.

7. Bondage chickens... get within 50 feet of a chicken, and you get attacked and an item of devious equipment gets attached to you.

8. Torn clothing... Wolf attacks rip off clothing, time for some ranged attacks.

9. Reverse Vampire... you can only wear clothing in the dark, light unequips all your clothing. One by one, each minute you are in the light. You cannot re-equip until you have been in the dark for 1 minute...

The HEXs will definitely be used as punishments from Sanguine and possibly in other situations as well (e.g. Malacath's Rot)

I do like your ideas for other HEXs. Bondage Chicken is pure genius! I shall add the ones I think I can realistically achieve to the list. Certainly, with my new knowledge of quests and scene control I can now see how to combine these with spells to produce some awesome effects which I didn't think would be possible.

When I read your mod description at first, it went 'click' in my head as such an obvious connection. Spending arousal as mana, duh!

Of course, that's not what you're doing. You've gone a different way (of making arousal the conditional), and it seems quite fun. I'm going to try it out.

I'm actually really enjoying doing a full play through of Skyrim with this mod active. I don't use many of the Devious Spells but I do enjoy the random possibilities of the various HEXs really ruining my fair adventurer's day!

No, I mean this: "Once you are enslaved, you can create all of the potions, spells and curses detailed below as implemented. However, Sanguine will be watching you intently and every 3-5 days of game time (not finalised) he will make a ghostly appearance and determine whether you have been good or bad", as it says on the mod description.  He shows up a few hours after I drink the slave potion, but never reappears.

Ah, I see....there is probably an issue with the spell looping. I was trying to do everything through scripts added to the spell...but in fact a repeating spell might be better controlled through a quest. I'll see if I can find the problem...

how to escape ? i tryed fish fiah snake get the message lock moves a lot tryed fish fish fish lock moves a lot i tryed all combinations i can think of doesnt let player down and after a while 1 person said what does this do which is ment to trigger shocks since a few people did that already and it didnt do nothing like the ai broke somehow

It can be tricky to guess the correct combination, but there will always be a correct combination. It is possible the the messages might appear in the wrong order, it shouldn't happen but it might do. Always read which tumbler you are currently setting. I've always been able to escape after a few attempts

In your example above, if you are getting the "Lock moves a lot message" then 2 of the tumblers are correct. If you change one of the tumblers and still get that message then the two tumblers you didn't move must be correct.

I always choose the same tumbler settings on the first go e.g. fish, fish, fish or bird, bird, bird. Then you have to change just 1 tumbler at a time till you get the right combination. Don't just try random combinations you'll either forget what you have already tried.

I have noticed that the dialogue is out of sync on the electro shock punishment. They will speak their lines before they get to you, however they should get to you and shock you several times. Sometimes it can take a short while for them to get to you, just be patient and wait while admiring your character struggling on the crux :)

i will be shortening the selection distance to help speed everything up.

Triggers...

Random effect potions...

1. No clothing days.

2. No weapon days.

The HEXs will definitely be used as punishments from Sanguine and possibly in other situations as well (e.g. Malacath's Rot)

I do like your ideas for other HEXs. Bondage Chicken is pure genius! I shall add the ones I think I can realistically achieve to the list. Certainly, with my new knowledge of quests and scene control I can now see how to combine these with spells to produce some awesome effects which I didn't think would be possible.

I'm actually really enjoying doing a full play through of Skyrim with this mod active. I don't use many of the Devious Spells but I do enjoy the random possibilities of the various HEXs really ruining my fair adventurer's day!

Ah, I see....there is probably an issue with the spell looping. I was trying to do everything through scripts added to the spell...but in fact a repeating spell might be better controlled through a quest. I'll see if I can find the problem...

It can be tricky to guess the correct combination, but there will always be a correct combination. It is possible the the messages might appear in the wrong order, it shouldn't happen but it might do. Always read which tumbler you are currently setting. I've always been able to escape after a few attempts

In your example above, if you are getting the "Lock moves a lot message" then 2 of the tumblers are correct. If you change one of the tumblers and still get that message then the two tumblers you didn't move must be correct.

I always choose the same tumbler settings on the first go e.g. fish, fish, fish or bird, bird, bird. Then you have to change just 1 tumbler at a time till you get the right combination. Don't just try random combinations you'll either forget what you have already tried.

I have noticed that the dialogue is out of sync on the electro shock punishment. They will speak their lines before they get to you, however they should get to you and shock you several times. Sometimes it can take a short while for them to get to you, just be patient and wait while admiring your character struggling on the crux :)

i will be shortening the selection distance to help speed everything up.

i tryed fish fish snake and fish fish fish had the locks moved a lot when i tryed to replace the fish or snake it said didnt move much

Yes, I've had issues with Vaermina's Waking Horrer showing in my active effects list like, 20 times at once...

I'm a bit of a noob. (please, read a complete one) and I have a problem with the death punishment as the Riverwood scene won't work properly. I get through the initial punishment then get tied to cross, but then nothing happens. I tried it three times already: the first two times I had sex attacks enabled (from the cursed loot menu) and a hunter said there's a new victim in town, but didn't actually start the punishment  When I disabled the sex attacks, nothing happened, not even a comment. I waited for over 24 hours (in 1 hour and 3 hour jumps) and still nothing. Furthermore, I could escape the cross by moving.

Possibly helpful details: when I arrive in Riverwood it's very early (close to 7 a.m.), so the streets are virtually empty just a hunter and slave in the cross's relative vicinity. I also drank the eternal life potion (it has a different name, but i can remember) that can be created using this mod

Before you ask, I have all the required mods installed with the only exception that I use the normal arousal version not the redux one, I've run FNIS and LOOT doesn't show any errors.

As far as other mods installed are concerned I have a whoooooole bunch of them including SD+, Death Alternative, Defeat, Slaverun, etc.

I apologize for my English, hope it wasn't too bad. Also sorry if someone else reported the same problem / had the same question, I've looked through the posts but didn't see it. P.S. using Devious Magic 9d (didn't install any other version before it).

Thank you.

i tryed fish fish snake and fish fish fish had the locks moved a lot when i tryed to replace the fish or snake it said didnt move much

The correct combination at that particular time was probably fish fish bird. If the lock moves a lot then 2 of the 3 tumblers are correct (but you won't know which ones are correct). if the lock only moves a little then only 1 tumbler of the 3 is correct (again, you won't know which one).

I find the quickest way to solve the puzzle is to start with the 3 tumblers at the same symbol and then move 1 tumbler at a time and see how far the lock moves. For example

1st Try: Fish, Fish, Fish

Result: Lock moves a little

We know that 1 of the tumblers is Fish.

2nd Try: Fish, Fish, Snake

From those two attempts we now know that either the 1st or 2nd tumbler is correct, but the 3rd tumbler is definitely NOT Fish and is definitely NOT Snake so must be Bird

3rd Try: Snake, Fish, Bird

We know Bird is definitely correct so if the 1st and/or 2nd tumbler was correct the lock would have moved a lot or would have opened. We also know from the 1st attempt that at least the 1 tumbler has to be Fish. So seeing as the 2nd Tumbler isn't fish, the 1st tumbler must be Fish, and because the 2nd Tumbler isn't Fish it must either be Snake or Bird.

4th Try: Fish, Snake, Bird

Result: Lock moves a lot

We know the 1st & 3rd Tumbler are correct. We also know the 2nd Tumbler is NOT Fish and is NOT Snake so it must be Bird

5th Try: Fish, Bird, Bird

Result: Lock opens

Yes, I've had issues with Vaermina's Waking Horrer showing in my active effects list like, 20 times at once...

Ooooh, that's definitely not good :) I think I will be changing a lot of the spells to use quests to control repeating issues. This will also stop them appearing in the active magic effects so you won't necessarily know what you've been cursed with until it happens :)

I'm a bit of a noob. (please, read a complete one) and I have a problem with the death punishment as the Riverwood scene won't work properly. I get through the initial punishment then get tied to cross, but then nothing happens. I tried it three times already: the first two times I had sex attacks enabled (from the cursed loot menu) and a hunter said there's a new victim in town, but didn't actually start the punishment  When I disabled the sex attacks, nothing happened, not even a comment. I waited for over 24 hours (in 1 hour and 3 hour jumps) and still nothing. Furthermore, I could escape the cross by moving.

Possibly helpful details: when I arrive in Riverwood it's very early (close to 7 a.m.), so the streets are virtually empty just a hunter and slave in the cross's relative vicinity. I also drank the eternal life potion (it has a different name, but i can remember) that can be created using this mod

Before you ask, I have all the required mods installed with the only exception that I use the normal arousal version not the redux one, I've run FNIS and LOOT doesn't show any errors.

As far as other mods installed are concerned I have a whoooooole bunch of them including SD+, Death Alternative, Defeat, Slaverun, etc.

I apologize for my English, hope it wasn't too bad. Also sorry if someone else reported the same problem / had the same question, I've looked through the posts but didn't see it. P.S. using Devious Magic 9d (didn't install any other version before it).

Thank you.

No problem, it sounds like everything is working (the comment that there is a new victim is from this mod not Cursed Loot so changing settings in that mod should effect this one) but it also sounds like it has chosen someone a long way away. This is a known issue and I shall be updating shortly to reduce the scan range to help reduce this (or I might have to magically move them directly to you....not something I like doing for immersion reasons).

Sometimes you just have to wait a while for them to get to you. Don't use the wait system in Skyrim as i don't think this will speed them up getting to you, you'll just have to sit there until they get to you.

Getting tied up during night time shouldn't be an issue, if no-one is around it will skip straight to the escape phase.

Should be uploading a new version very shortly :)

Can there be a few more spells that are earnt? Perhaps that the daedra give you after you please them. REALLY like this mod. 

I Also like that you use gold to make these potions useful gold sink. 

I shall be adding more spells as soon as I can....maybe there will even be some quest lines to earn them....maybe :)

New version up that deals with speeding up the time it takes someone to get to you when tied to the crux. It now scans a much smaller area (2000 units instead of 4000) and anyone selected will run to you. During the day this should work fine, during night time it is less likely anyone will be around to abuse you so the quest will skip to the escape scene.

I've also added a spider punishment in sanguine's lair and also tweaked the dialogue so that you can make Sanguine choose a different punishment. This will cause him to cycle through the other punishments instead of it being totally random....this way you can skip one if you don't like it or want a particular punishment.

how do you get the potions ? i just went to cooking pot no potions at all just tryed killing myself with death alternate turned off and it loaded a save didnt take to sanguine did you forget to add the pots to the cooking pot thing when doing updates ? i noticed in past updates a lot of pots got removed from cooking pot now the 1 to remove death is gone from the cooking pot

When I read the description of how this mod works I got the song 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' going in my head.

Gotta try this mod. I want to see what a God of Devious Magic can do for my Skyrim.

Let me know how you get on :)

how do you get the potions ? i just went to cooking pot no potions at all just tryed killing myself with death alternate turned off and it loaded a save didnt take to sanguine did you forget to add the pots to the cooking pot thing when doing updates ? i noticed in past updates a lot of pots got removed from cooking pot now the 1 to remove death is gone from the cooking pot

You should see them listed in the cooking pot, but you will also need some gold so maybe that is why they are not showing up? I'll double check to make sure I haven't accidentally removed them ;)

Thanks mate. Can't wait to try the new version.

Hope it helps with your problems :)

When I read the description of how this mod works I got the song 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' going in my head.

Gotta try this mod. I want to see what a God of Devious Magic can do for my Skyrim.

Let me know how you get on :)

You should see them listed in the cooking pot, but you will also need some gold so maybe that is why they are not showing up? I'll double check to make sure I haven't accidentally removed them ;)

Thanks mate. Can't wait to try the new version.

Hope it helps with your problems :)

there not in the pot no more and i have gold 4000 gold after each update pots stopped showing in the cooking pot only pot i could see was that new one the blue bottle for the new hex

Ah, I forgot. You need to drink the Devious Slave potion before you can use Devious Magic. However, I'm not a fan of that aspect of the mod so I have uploaded a new version which will allow you to craft all the different potions straight away :)

I can't figure out how to get the spells. I drank the potion but no spells were added.

All the magic effects are contain within potions at the moment, there are no learn able spells just yet....I'll be adding them shortly. So the only way to use the devious magic is to apply them to a weapon or arrow like a poison.

You no longer need to drink the Devious Slave potion.

I've just checked and, as long as you have the latest version installed (0.9g), when you use a cooking pot and have enough gold the potions will show up in the crafting list.

This looks great, but I'm confused on how some of these work. It would be AMAZING if the npcs were able to use some of the potions, that makes sense, but most of them seem detrimental to the player.    Like, do I drink one while targeting an opponent, and then the effects affect them, or do they always only affect me?

This looks great, but I'm confused on how some of these work. It would be AMAZING if the npcs were able to use some of the potions, that makes sense, but most of them seem detrimental to the player.    Like, do I drink one while targeting an opponent, and then the effects affect them, or do they always only affect me?

It depends which potions you are using.

Offensive potions (and these could potentially be used by NPCs once I've added them to level lists) are always poisons. These can be applied to weapons or arrows and then when the target is hit they will suffer the effects of the devious magic. e.g. Deviously Silenced will apply a gag and collar to the target and reduce their magicka is set to zero. Things like this will be usable by NPCs eventually...

The curses only apply to the player character and as such are directly consumable. Curses could be made to work on NPCs but most of them really wouldn't be very useful due to the random nature of when they trigger.

ah ok thanks for the response.  I can't see why my character would want to hinder herself like that, but I can see why someone would.  I'll stick to the poisons.  The prices listed to craft the potions don't actually match the actual cost I've noticed.  they all list 250g, but several cost 1g, and some are over 1k. 

It would be nice to have the ability to set the prices maybe?