Devious Magic V1.6b (24/05/2016)

it's, It's IT's a v1.0!!!!!!!! :shy:

indeed....it is now 1.1!

I've made the decision to remove the ondeath event. I shall be adding a similar encounter with Sanguine when I update my Devious Surrender mod at some point. That mod will deal with all the bad outcomes of dying...this mod will focus on adventurers with devious magic!

With that in mind I have added the ability to request a discount at all vendors. You will always be given a bartering potion as a reward at the end but, as you can imagine, it doesn't always end well :) It is a neat way to maximise money when buying and selling especially if your using a mod that makes Skyrim expensive.

I've also added the Hircine Bride curse to the mod which includes mini stories :)

Actually thanks for that. I was going to use it in like a, (erm), 'proper game', but I'm currently using SM Essential Player on Hardcore for a death mod and didn't think this would have actually been too happy about that.

Yeah, it wasn't really properly implemented and would conflict with any other onDeath mod so I thought I'd do everything I wanted to do in a proper onDeath mod i.e. Devious Surrender then people can choose to use it or not.

it's, It's IT's a v1.0!!!!!!!! :shy:

indeed....it is now 1.1!

I've made the decision to remove the ondeath event. I shall be adding a similar encounter with Sanguine when I update my Devious Surrender mod at some point. That mod will deal with all the bad outcomes of dying...this mod will focus on adventurers with devious magic!

With that in mind I have added the ability to request a discount at all vendors. You will always be given a bartering potion as a reward at the end but, as you can imagine, it doesn't always end well :) It is a neat way to maximise money when buying and selling especially if your using a mod that makes Skyrim expensive.

I've also added the Hircine Bride curse to the mod which includes mini stories :)

i dont use the surrnder mod i hope it wont be a requirment

No, there will be no requirement to use that mod. They will both be totally separate as they are now, although they will be designed to work together if you so choose to use both :)

im guessing its a bug but after starting a new game i went to bed and was stripped no naked dream or anything like that just went streight to sleep and woke up to be nude

i hope thats not ment to happen if it is then im going to switch back to old one

hmmm.....there are three curses that might cause that effect. Waking Horror, Hircine's Bride and Naked Dream. Were you able to re-quip your clothes?

If you were then it wasn't Naked Dream as that blocks your inventory for up to 30 seconds.

If you were able to access your inventory but your clothes were gone then it was Waking Horror (you'd also see the message "You wake up feeling slightly cooler than usual")

If none of the above it might have been Hircine's Bride that failed to trigger properly - did you get any mini story popups?

Other than that, if you have Deviously Cursed Loot installed there is an option in that mod to always sleep naked where you will wake up and have to re-equip your stuff and is enabled by default so would be active on a new game.

yes i could re equip but tryed sleeping again and poof naked i was trying to get the bride nightmare you have posted about troll spider and druga

no pop ups just went to sleep woke up no messages at all

also when i first started a character the pop up saying you no longer fear death showed up on screen

Funny funny mod! Just out of curiosity, I think my character has the Thief Bane curse so I'm currently (and constantly) without magicka and stamina. Is that a curse which goes away with time or do I need a potion? Looks like there's nothing in the cooking list of potions for that... :s

yes i could re equip but tryed sleeping again and poof naked i was trying to get the bride nightmare you have posted about troll spider and druga

also when i first started a character the pop up saying you no longer fear death showed up on screen

Hmmm...very odd. Hircine's bride should spawn in ghost creatures when it is activated so it doesn't sound like that curse was being triggered. Can you see Hircine's Bride listed in your characters active magic effects in the magic spell menu?

Oh, that "You no longer fear death" pop up is left over from whenyou used to be sent to sanguine when you died. It just means the quest which monitors certain outcomes (such as applying curses onHit) is working and activated. That's actually a good thing your saw it as it means the mod is running.

Funny funny mod! Just out of curiosity, I think my character has the Thief Bane curse so I'm currently (and constantly) without magicka and stamina. Is that a curse which goes away with time or do I need a potion? Looks like there's nothing in the cooking list of potions for that... :s

I've just checked and would you believe it...I've used the wrong command and instead of damaging the stamina/magicka values to 0 I have set them to 0...forever! Doh! I've uploaded a fix!

any chance of 2 versions 1 without potions the other version would have potions so those who want to try out certian things can make the potion then use it ?

Most of the curses do have a potion for them for testing...I'll check to see which ones are missing.

IDEAS...

1. Molags loan shark... You need money to buy an item that's in a shop, but you're broke. Ask the shopkeeper, and he will sell you cursed items to wear.

Each item that you wear, will give you 1,000 gold. But cannot be removed for a month, and some contain daily random curses, as well as their standard curse...

Items...

A. Betty Pages boots... These boots were once worn by the queen of bondage, Betty Page. Her aura fills the boots, leaving bondage related curses on all who wear them. The curses change daily, some good, some bad, some awful...

+5% jog speed.

B. Clint Eastwoods trousers... Hitting an enemy, has a chance for them to increase their arousal. Men, women, animals, monsters, all fall in love with your finely cut trousers. At 100% arousal, you are no longer an enemy, but a sex toy...

+5% one handed attack damage.

C. Britney Spears bra... You will find that all nearby animals and people will gain 1 arousal per minute, they just can't stop staring at your new item of clothing, so don't hang around towns too long.

+5% discount from shops...

D. Sigourney Weavers tiara... You emit animal magnetism wherever you go, your raspy voice demanding sex... All creatures gain 1 arousal per minute when you are around.

+10% health...

E. Bill Murrays ring gag ( ring gag so you can still eat )... Whenever you talk, your voice is soo endearing, that you will add 5 arousal to all things within a 30 block radius, for each conversation...

+5% chance to get 50% off purchases in shops, after you buy them...

F. Rocky Balboas self bondage gloves... Every time you hit someone with a weapon, the spirit of Rocky Balboa enters your body and equips select fight reducing bondage items to you. It has a 2% chance of equipping a random bondage item to you.

+5% chance to leech 50% of an enemies health...

G. Rosey O Donnels bondage collar... Every time you shout, your fun voice will enthrall everyones loins. All that are hit with a shout will roll a dice to see if they are kinky, if they pass. Then all hostile enemies that pass the kink test, will drop all their equipment ( not quest items ), including clothing, and have only a whip as a weapon instead...

+5% chance to get 5 gold coins for killing an enemy...

2. Thiefs shame... Get caught thieving, you get a random curse added to you. Instead of people getting angry, or the law being called...

Just a couple of ludicrously fun ideas... :)

IDEAS...

1. Molags loan shark... You need money to buy an item that's in a shop, but you're broke. Ask the shopkeeper, and he will sell you cursed items to wear.

Each item that you wear, will give you 1,000 gold. But cannot be removed for a month, and some contain daily random curses, as well as their standard curse...

Items...

A. Betty Pages boots... These boots were once worn by the queen of bondage, Betty Page. Her aura fills the boots, leaving bondage related curses on all who wear them. The curses change daily, some good, some bad, some awful...

+5% jog speed.

B. Clint Eastwoods trousers... Hitting an enemy, has a chance for them to increase their arousal. Men, women, animals, monsters, all fall in love with your finely cut trousers. At 100% arousal, you are no longer an enemy, but a sex toy...

C. Britney Spears bra... You will find that all nearby animals and people will gain 1 arousal per minute, they just can't stop staring at your new item of clothing, so don't hang around towns too long.

D. Sigourney Weavers tiara... You emit animal magnetism wherever you go, your raspy voice demanding sex... All creatures gain 1 arousal per minute when you are around.

+10% health...

E. Bill Murrays ring gag ( ring gag so you can still eat )... Whenever you talk, your voice is soo endearing, that you will add 5 arousal to all things within a 30 block radius, for each conversation...

F. Rocky Balboas self bondage gloves... Every time you hit someone with a weapon, the spirit of Rocky Balboa enters your body and equips select fight reducing bondage items to you. It has a 2% chance of equipping a random bondage item to you.

G. Rosey O Donnels bondage collar... Every time you shout, your fun voice will enthrall everyones loins. All that are hit with a shout will roll a dice to see if they are kinky, if they pass. Then all hostile enemies that pass the kink test, will drop all their equipment ( not quest items ), including clothing, and have only a whip as a weapon instead...

2. Thiefs shame... Get caught thieving, you get a random curse added to you. Instead of people getting angry, or the law being called...

Someone has a truly over-active imagination! :) Those are great ideas....I believe the loan shark has been done before, but they only demand sex if you don't pay them (or something like that). However, the idea has many many possibilities. I like the idea of shopkeepers loaning you money so how about this...

Shop keepers will loan you money (let's 10,000 gold to make it interesting) however, to ensure you pay your debt they apply a spell which will apply a random curse every 24 hours until you pay them back (plus interest). Also, as part of the deal, you need to advertise their shop to everyone you talk to (let's say you need to advertise their shop to 50 people). The downside is the person you are advertising to may ask you to model the items for them so they can check them out. This could end up with them having their way with you or perhaps the locks jamming or breaking!

If you try to pay back the money before advertising to 50 people you will have broken your contract and a 10,000 gold bounty will be placed on you.

There is also an alternative version where instead of borrowing money, you can work for them and advertise their shop in the same way. Each time you do the shop keeper will send something (a decent something so it is worth the risk) via courier to say thanks. Still carries the same risk as above though.

------------------

On a slightly different note....I'm not sure the onHit / onEquip events are working quite the way I want them too. onEquip seems to trigger when equipping potions as well as other mods triggering them. I even get an onEquip test when starting the game!

For this reason, and because a new version of Devious Devices Integration is out which allows me to do this, I shall be changing the event to onEquipOfADeviousDevice. It makes sense that Devious Items would have a chance to be cursed with Devious Curses and as it is a new event Integration sends this would mean that any mod that deals with equipping devious devices would tie into this mod. -  sounds awesome to me :)

the discount isn't really working :c

i tried to ask weapon merchant but i got a potion of poison resistance(probably the problem of CACO? or it's the way it should be ?)

and when i ask a inn wench it will CTD but i can see the script left above says rent room or sth

Clint Eastwoods trousers

from krazyone was exactly what i was thinking lol

Hmmm...very odd. Hircine's bride should spawn in ghost creatures when it is activated so it doesn't sound like that curse was being triggered. Can you see Hircine's Bride listed in your characters active magic effects in the magic spell menu?

Oh, that "You no longer fear death" pop up is left over from whenyou used to be sent to sanguine when you died. It just means the quest which monitors certain outcomes (such as applying curses onHit) is working and activated. That's actually a good thing your saw it as it means the mod is running.

I've just checked and would you believe it...I've used the wrong command and instead of damaging the stamina/magicka values to 0 I have set them to 0...forever! Doh! I've uploaded a fix!

any chance of 2 versions 1 without potions the other version would have potions so those who want to try out certian things can make the potion then use it ?

Most of the curses do have a potion for them for testing...I'll check to see which ones are missing.

in latest one i typed help bride but no potion

i tryed again starting a new game some how the naked dream is being forced i use the alternate start mod that starts the player in the prison forgot its name but theres 3 ghosts in it abandond prison or something like that the 1 that killed the gaurds and stuff from a flood

i think the scripts might be messed up with new version for me i looked in cooking pot no potions in latest one you removed the potions

IDEAS...

Items...

+5% jog speed.

+10% health...

Someone has a truly over-active imagination! :) Those are great ideas....I believe the loan shark has been done before, but they only demand sex if you don't pay them (or something like that). However, the idea has many many possibilities. I like the idea of shopkeepers loaning you money so how about this...

Shop keepers will loan you money (let's 10,000 gold to make it interesting) however, to ensure you pay your debt they apply a spell which will apply a random curse every 24 hours until you pay them back (plus interest). Also, as part of the deal, you need to advertise their shop to everyone you talk to (let's say you need to advertise their shop to 50 people). The downside is the person you are advertising to may ask you to model the items for them so they can check them out. This could end up with them having their way with you or perhaps the locks jamming or breaking!

If you try to pay back the money before advertising to 50 people you will have broken your contract and a 10,000 gold bounty will be placed on you.

There is also an alternative version where instead of borrowing money, you can work for them and advertise their shop in the same way. Each time you do the shop keeper will send something (a decent something so it is worth the risk) via courier to say thanks. Still carries the same risk as above though.

------------------

On a slightly different note....I'm not sure the onHit / onEquip events are working quite the way I want them too. onEquip seems to trigger when equipping potions as well as other mods triggering them. I even get an onEquip test when starting the game!

For this reason, and because a new version of Devious Devices Integration is out which allows me to do this, I shall be changing the event to onEquipOfADeviousDevice. It makes sense that Devious Items would have a chance to be cursed with Devious Curses and as it is a new event Integration sends this would mean that any mod that deals with equipping devious devices would tie into this mod. -  sounds awesome to me :)

Yeah... there is a loan shark mod already, its called LOAN SHARKS OF SKYRIM. I've used it, a while ago. Failure to pay, would leave you enslaved. It didn't offer curses, hexes or enchanted Clint Eastwoods trousers though... :)

Advertising for shopkeepers... sounds like running around Skyrim quests, to show off a new item. Sounds like the FIT FOR A JARL quest in Solitude, where you have to get the jarl to buy a dress.

I'm guessing it'll be a lot more than a dress, though...

Maybe you have to deliver some Devious Devices, but you have to wear them to model them as you travel. The key is at the destination, followed by a new set of gear, with more curses...

Different people, could have different kinks and styles.

- Belethor... we all know how shady he is, boasting about selling his own grandmother. Forcing you to sell your body to 50 people, with a sex counter...

- Borrow off Naseem, and never hear the last of it. Naseems curse of speech, speaking to people could get people angry as he's that well liked. 2% chance that they knock you out and leave you naked in the middle of a cave. Quest - givers don't get angry, so you don't mess up a quest.

or

50 packages to deliver... each one gets applied to you, after delivering it. The previous one getting removed. It would have your travelling all of Skyrim...

It would certainly take a long time, I'm guessing 20 or more hours without fast travel...

or

Sex keys... you are locked up in curse and hex applying equipment, and the only way to remove them is to find them and sell your body for a key... Molag Bal's favourite...

Each person has varying keys, and you have to deal with daily curse changes. One day could be amorous chickens, the next horny horses, the next could even be reverse vampirism that you have to deal with. Going out in the dark burns you, as well as making you drop dead gorgeous to anyone around you, you better stay out of the shadows... :)

Hello it's me again. 

The values of stamina and magicka are back to normal, thank you!  :)

There's another think, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding some function of the mod, but I noticed that curses  have a time ok? Well, this time does not change of a inch, it's always stuck at about 2 days. So, is it as you say on the front page that curses don't go away and need potions? But looks like there's no related potion to some curses. Am I doing something wrong?

i mean, for discount, you can just give the player a speech buff or sth like that, and when you were asking it in a inn, you will get a free room and free food , isn't that better than a potion? beacause you can't always exchange it in to gold.

or simply a food which gives  you a  speech skill buff, you can sell it to get gold or eat it to get discount

Yeah... there is a loan shark mod already, its called LOAN SHARKS OF SKYRIM. I've used it, a while ago. Failure to pay, would leave you enslaved. It didn't offer curses, hexes or enchanted Clint Eastwoods trousers though... :)

Advertising for shopkeepers... sounds like running around Skyrim quests, to show off a new item. Sounds like the FIT FOR A JARL quest in Solitude, where you have to get the jarl to buy a dress.

I'm guessing it'll be a lot more than a dress, though...

Maybe you have to deliver some Devious Devices, but you have to wear them to model them as you travel. The key is at the destination, followed by a new set of gear, with more curses...

Different people, could have different kinks and styles.

- Belethor... we all know how shady he is, boasting about selling his own grandmother. Forcing you to sell your body to 50 people, with a sex counter...

- Borrow off Naseem, and never hear the last of it. Naseems curse of speech, speaking to people could get people angry as he's that well liked. 2% chance that they knock you out and leave you naked in the middle of a cave. Quest - givers don't get angry, so you don't mess up a quest.

or

50 packages to deliver... each one gets applied to you, after delivering it. The previous one getting removed. It would have your travelling all of Skyrim...

It would certainly take a long time, I'm guessing 20 or more hours without fast travel...

or

Sex keys... you are locked up in curse and hex applying equipment, and the only way to remove them is to find them and sell your body for a key... Molag Bal's favourite...

Each person has varying keys, and you have to deal with daily curse changes. One day could be amorous chickens, the next horny horses, the next could even be reverse vampirism that you have to deal with. Going out in the dark burns you, as well as making you drop dead gorgeous to anyone around you, you better stay out of the shadows... :)

I shall be adding a Borrow Money option and a Request a Job option shortly...I think the possibilities are too good to miss even if it has been (sort of) done before but with out the devious devices/curses spin :)

Hello it's me again. 

The values of stamina and magicka are back to normal, thank you!  :)

There's another think, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding some function of the mod, but I noticed that curses  have a time ok? Well, this time does not change of a inch, it's always stuck at about 2 days. So, is it as you say on the front page that curses don't go away and need potions? But looks like there's no related potion to some curses. Am I doing something wrong?

Awesome, glad I got that fixed :) The time for all curses is 2 Days, this is to ensure the curse will not end before it has activated. At that point the curse is recast for another 2 days which is why you never see it change much. The reason for this is I shall be adding a chance for the curse to dispel itself each time it activates as at the moment you cannot get rid of a curse once it is applied - very devious....but a bit too devious even for Skyrim :)

There will also be cures for curses that you can craft for large sums of gold.

i mean, for discount, you can just give the player a speech buff or sth like that, and when you were asking it in a inn, you will get a free room and free food , isn't that better than a potion? beacause you can't always exchange it in to gold.

or simply a food which gives  you a  speech skill buff, you can sell it to get gold or eat it to get discount

I used the potion simply because it was easy. I will be changing it to a magic effect shortly because I want the discount to be quite large to make it worth the risk of asking for one.

a potion of speech buff of 50 will be good (i guess it's easy and effective maybe?) :P

Yes, something along those lines :)

How to remove curses? 

At the moment you can't :) But I will be adding the chance for them to dispel themselves each time they activate. I shall also be adding some potions to remove them that can be crafted.

---------------------------------

I've uploaded a new version which stops the player character being set to essential...forgot to remove that!

Also, you can now request a job from the various merchants of skyrim who will ask you to promote their new stock of devious devices to the people of skyrim. At the moment there is no reward for doing it, its just a test of the dialogue tree, but its still quite good fun :)

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but as soon as I start a game I get a 48 hour waking horror effect. I had not even left the live another life starting area and it was already applied to me. Since I have not cast any spells yet I don't think it should be applied?

i updated its not naked dream this time i started a new game and got thiefsbane what ever that is i bought a cure desise potion from a shop but it didnt work are you using keywords to trigger them ? i use alternate start mod which started in the abandonded prison thing is at the start of the game in that room with the mara statue its impossible to thief something the second you get out of character creation thing so a thiefbane shouldnt be applyed to people whos not a thief

I just wanted to say this mod looks like the start of something absolutely amazing and I really hope Jim keeps working on it, however how it is right now, is not really playable. Curses and spells get applied to your character for seemingly no reason with no way of removing them. When I tried this mod out I never even got to a point where I could try on of the spells or potions due to effects randomly getting applied to me. I uninstalled with about four effects applied to me within the first hour of gameplay, this is without any combat against spellcasters or enslaving myself to the daedra.

I will actively follow this topic in the hopes of updates so that I can add it later on into my run. Best of luck to you Jim.

(HEX) Curse of the Stallion - Not Implemented - Horses become very interested in you....very interested and aroused. Riding your horse may end up with you being the one ridden! Your health will be reduced after each encounter due to injury.

with the alternate riding styles mod your outcome could be where you are blacked out and tied under the horse and the horse has a ai pathing to go from a certian location that you make the player spawn at to go to the nearest stable or could go to a stable on the far side of the map if you made some comments type of thing it could have comments like who is riding who or something like that

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56723-alternative-riding-styles-1-20-16-v24/?do=findComment&comment=1436572

Any chance you could tone down the curses or give us the option to tweak the variables in MCM? As it is, they happen at random, they can't be removed, and they're a debilitating hindrance to gameplay.

Curses now only have a 5% chance of being applied when a devious device is equipped. This should help a lot with how the mod was originally checking, which was based upon anything being equipped.

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, but as soon as I start a game I get a 48 hour waking horror effect. I had not even left the live another life starting area and it was already applied to me. Since I have not cast any spells yet I don't think it should be applied?

It is because I was checking for any item equipped foolishly believing that it would only be armour that triggered this event. It is in fact everything! Some mods even re-equip items on load as well or swap things around. Hopefully, now that I've changed it to only check for Devious Devices being equipped it will only apply curses at the logical time.

i updated its not naked dream this time i started a new game and got thiefsbane what ever that is i bought a cure desise potion from a shop but it didnt work are you using keywords to trigger them ? i use alternate start mod which started in the abandonded prison thing is at the start of the game in that room with the mara statue its impossible to thief something the second you get out of character creation thing so a thiefbane shouldnt be applyed to people whos not a thief

Cure diseases potions will not work as these are curses, not diseases. Thief bane can apply to anyone as there are no classes in skyrim...it is designed to make life slightly more interesting for someone who uses sneak a lot.... :)

2 reports on the 1.2b:

1. Book's name "Devious CatEogue"

2. Game CTDs when trying to read the book.

All fixed :)

great mod so far :D, waiting for the full full version

Thanks, I'm not sure there will ever be a full full version :)

Work on stability, all this content is worthless if mod is unplayable. Also needs MCM customisation.

Creating MCMs just make me want to cry...

I just wanted to say this mod looks like the start of something absolutely amazing and I really hope Jim keeps working on it, however how it is right now, is not really playable. Curses and spells get applied to your character for seemingly no reason with no way of removing them. When I tried this mod out I never even got to a point where I could try on of the spells or potions due to effects randomly getting applied to me. I uninstalled with about four effects applied to me within the first hour of gameplay, this is without any combat against spellcasters or enslaving myself to the daedra.

I will actively follow this topic in the hopes of updates so that I can add it later on into my run. Best of luck to you Jim.

See above, it should be much better now :) Curses should only have a chance of being applied when a devious device is equipped. There are also a few other times a curse may be applied as punishment.

Love the effects, but how do you get them off lol. Also the Sanguine's slave did not seem to work. I just did nothing and slept off and on during the time it was active, nothing happened, did i maybe mess up in the install?

Regards

Samm

I think Sanguine's Slave is pretty much useless now. I will probably end up either removing it or re-purposing it for something else.