I realise this is probably the wrong place to ask, but it's kind of relevant! You recently made that awesome mimic animation, and for a while I've been looking for someone who was possibly able to make alternate textures for things like those animations and Estrus ones / Hanimation ones like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS7XouWz-I-Rbmcv7ps8-

This was an estrus mod from Elder Scrolls, I've been looking around for ages, for a talented person to create the same sort of transparent textures for all the estrus / tentacle animations that are out, since it's more consistent with what more slime / oozes look like, and I think it would fit super well! I've asked a few times (usually with like 3-6 months between) in a new topic but avast! No luck!

7 minutes ago, Photonix said:

I realise this is probably the wrong place to ask, but it's kind of relevant! You recently made that awesome mimic animation, and for a while I've been looking for someone who was possibly able to make alternate textures for things like those animations and Estrus ones / Hanimation ones like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS7XouWz-I-Rbmcv7ps8-

This was an estrus mod from Elder Scrolls, I've been looking around for ages, for a talented person to create the same sort of transparent textures for all the estrus / tentacle animations that are out, since it's more consistent with what more slime / oozes look like, and I think it would fit super well! I've asked a few times (usually with like 3-6 months between) in a new topic but avast! No luck!

Making the textures transparent is really easy to do, that being said probably nobody was interested enough to either create or release them so far.

Just takes a little time to go through all the meshes and textures and add the transparency in nifskope.

If you're really interested to create said transparency, PM me and ill give you instructions on how to make everything transparent including the amount of transparency (I'm asking to  continue this via PM since it is kinda off-topic and will take a little time to create) so you can adjust the amount of transparency to your own liking (like I said it's really easy to do).

Looking at the files it will take a bit of time nonetheless, hence why I'm advising to give instructions rather then create it myself (since I'm not really interested in making them transparent myself).

13 minutes ago, erc1971 said:

I see there are animations for a mimic.  What the heck do I need to do to get the mimic creature actually in the game in order to use this animation?

Thanks,

Eric

Right now because I've added very specific tags to it it usually won't trigger. (I didn't want to let it pop up while using the masturbation option for obvious reasons)

I'm not that known with some mods to call upon animations, personally I use a "clean" save with only 1 animation tagged so it can only play that one for testing purposes. Perhaps some users here know a way to manually select the animation.

It's a little buggy as of typing though, Madmansgun posted it a "possible" fix earlier but I haven't seen anyone confirming it worked to not let the game crash anymore, if anyone tried it out please let me know here; I'll add it to the main file then.

3 hours ago, erc1971 said:

I see there are animations for a mimic.  What the heck do I need to do to get the mimic creature actually in the game in order to use this animation?

It is a solo animation, which means it is technically a masturbation animation with a fancy piece of furniture for the purposes of Sexlab.  I'd recommend simply using Sexlab Tools to manually select the animation after your character starts a typical masturbation animation (I usually just search for the "Nibbles" tag and can find it in the list).

2 hours ago, SirNibbles said:

It's a little buggy as of typing though, Madmansgun posted it a "possible" fix earlier but I haven't seen anyone confirming it worked to not let the game crash anymore, if anyone tried it out please let me know here; I'll add it to the main file then.

I had another mimic based crash recently and installed Madmansgun's fix files immediately after - I just ran through the mimic animation 5 times in a row in my game with no crash.  That isn't a huge sample size, but it seems promising enough to justify updating the mod's files to use the fixed meshes - prior to this I think my chance of crashing was 50/50 or so when I triggered the mimic animation. 

49 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

yea but what about the other AnimObjects? i applied fixes to other meshes as well.

and is the mimic still synchronized?

I haven't specifically looked at other Nibbles animations you might have adjusted the animobjects for, but none of those animations ever triggered CTDs or other obvious issues for me.  That being said, more than one Nibbles animation using animobjects has been played since I applied your fix file, and I haven't noticed any obvious issues with missing or desynced objects.  I know for sure I've seen the bottle and chair w/ dildo animations since updating for instance.  I'll leave it up to you and Nibbles to decide if it is worth updating those meshes or not in the main file, since I don't think I've heard of anyone having crash issues with the non-mimic objects.

The mimic animation still seems synchronized fine to me at a glance, but I wasn't playing it with an eye for detail and I didn't do a comparison between original and fixed version.  If there were any issues they weren't super obvious to me, I was just playing it to check for stability and obvious desync. 

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I haven't specifically looked at other Nibbles animations you might have adjusted the animobjects for, but none of those animations ever triggered CTDs or other obvious issues for me.  That being said, more than one Nibbles animation using animobjects has been played since I applied your fix file, and I haven't noticed any obvious issues with missing or desynced objects.  I know for sure I've seen the bottle and chair w/ dildo animations since updating for instance.  I'll leave it up to you and Nibbles to decide if it is worth updating those meshes or not in the main file, since I don't think I've heard of anyone having crash issues with the non-mimic objects.

The mimic animation still seems synchronized fine to me at a glance, but I wasn't playing it with an eye for detail and I didn't do a comparison between original and fixed version.  If there were any issues they weren't super obvious to me, I was just playing it to check for stability and obvious desync. 

The mimic one did have some troubles for me too, I just figured it was because of my buggy setup; but since others were reporting the same issue there must be something I did wrong.

I did skip some steps of editing the meshes in nifskope since the animations played just fine, or at least it looked like it.

I kinda need to know if Madmansgun's solutions worked though, because I've got another animobject planned for one of my next animations, but if I'm doing something wrong with creating my animated objects I don't know if that's a good idea. If the solution is simple and can just be applied after exporting (like converting the bsfadenode to ninode) I can just continue using it as is.

So once again, if anybody tried Madmansgun's fix and doesn't let the game crash anymore with my mimic animation please let me know. (aside from the ocassional skyrim crash everybody has probably encountered by now)

5 hours ago, SirNibbles said:

I kinda need to know if Madmansgun's solutions worked though, because I've got another animobject planned for one of my next animations, but if I'm doing something wrong with creating my animated objects I don't know if that's a good idea. If the solution is simple and can just be applied after exporting (like converting the bsfadenode to ninode) I can just continue using it as is.

things i did to the mimic meshes:
1. converted Scene Root NiNode to BSFadeNode.

2. deleted NiStringExtraData (not needed for root based objects and it was missing the Prn name anyways, in fact fixing the Prn messed up the alignment).

3. removed meshes from inside NiNode and re-added them to the Scene Root BSFadeNode (i have no clue if this actually effects the synchronization or not).

4. deleted the NiNode that the mesh was inside of since it has no purpose now.

things i did to other meshes:

2. added the missing Prn to NiStringExtraData.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, MadMansGun said:

things i did to the mimic meshes:

2. deleted NiStringExtraData (not needed for root based objects and it was missing the Prn name anyways, in fact fixing the Prn messed up the alignment).

3. removed meshes from inside NiNode and re-added them to the Scene Root BSFadeNode (i have no clue if this actually effects the synchronization or not).

4. deleted the NiNode that the mesh was inside of since it has no purpose now.

things i did to other meshes:

2. added the missing Prn to NiStringExtraData.

So I've tested it myself, but couldn't produce any crash anymore while using my mimic animation.

What I did notice was that the allignment was a tad bit off, now I do know that adding/removing the NiStringExtraData which is attached to root does affect the allignment just a bit so I might re-add those myself. But before I do that, I have to ask...does this affect more stuff? I've always thought that this string just links your object to a controller/bone. I'm also pretty sure I've read it somewhere that explained to add the NiStringExtraData which is attached to root to support different character size scaling.

But then again, I'm not the expert; my knowledge for most objects is basically "if it works, it works".

At least it looks like the stuff got fixed this way, now I can realize an idea I've had in my mind for some time now.

I know I've said it before to you MadMans, and discussed it with you and billyy that I wanted to do some stuff with spiders; eventually I postponed it because I wanted to add oviposition and knew my animated objects were close to working.

So for the people interested (or disgusted?) by that, I'll try to create something fun with that in mind.

13 minutes ago, SirNibbles said:

So I've tested it myself, but couldn't produce any crash anymore while using my mimic animation.

What I did notice was that the allignment was a tad bit off, now I do know that adding/removing the NiStringExtraData which is attached to root does affect the allignment just a bit so I might re-add those myself. But before I do that, I have to ask...does this affect more stuff? I've always thought that this string just links your object to a controller/bone. I'm also pretty sure I've read it somewhere that explained to add the NiStringExtraData which is attached to root to support different character size scaling.

But then again, I'm not the expert; my knowledge for most objects is basically "if it works, it works".

i'm not a expert myself, but when i had the NiStringExtraData connected to the root (with the Prn name) the alignment was out by a mile.

totally off the curretn discussion but i just installed the updated SSE Aroused Creatures mod  that now has new MCM menu option to invite group creature sex! its very cool so now i can directly invite an aroused single creature to mate with me BUT i can also invite a creature orgies to occur ( ie 3some, 4some!).

it also has settings to set the arousal level and percentage chance of a group of creatures becoming aroused and stalking/pouncing a player, just like you could set it up for a single creature. This would work with both hostile creatures and passive ones.

Reason i am mentioning this is that this could open up more interest in group sex animations being made ( 3somes , 4somes etc)  for the many creatures in skyrim as now the aroused creatures mod caters for that.

Other than the hostile interaction of 'Defeat' there hasnt really been a way to consentually start creature group sex with the player until now. :)

I tried ot with the friendly rieklings in Solsthiem at that Nord Hall and it works very well.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Arachnaphobia mod has been discontinued otherwise they'd be a prime candidate for that.

ironic, or maybe not, but the following vid on the linked site was a time lapse video of a spider building a web right in front of a security camera watching what appeared to be a back yard.

Hello, do you plan another Mimics animation?  

PS: I like it very much ??

Edit: The new spider animation is also great. 

I would be glad if someone created a mod similar to Estrus Chaurus. After sex with the spider, the belly would increase and after some time, the eggs coming out.