Fallout 4 HDT?

I'm curious. What will it take to produce hdt bodies for fallout 4?

Let's face it, nothing else gave a better look nor animation compatibility than HDT.

Modders wasted hours creating bouncing animations or being frustrated converting animations to include bounce until HDT.

Hopefully we can learn from our trials of the previous games and produce a superior hdt system right off the bat. If we do so, imagine how good our mods will be in 4 years.

Alas, I can not script nor program, as such this is more of a curiosity as to what it will take to get us to that level?

The physics system is still havok just not the 2010 version like in Skyrim instead the 2014 version (if Í remember correctly)

Confirmed.

The Havok is the 2014 version, but slightly modified by Bethesda.

I could be wrong, but as far i know, what we need most is a working skeleton with the right bones to use hdt.

Already have that and given it to cell. Boldly ported Breast and Butt Physics with XPMSE/Cherry values and adapted naming schema to Fallout 4 skeleton. Work of like 5-10 minutes, took more time to find what is portable and what needs to be redone properly from the ground.

I could be wrong, but as far i know, what we need most is a working skeleton with the right bones to use hdt.

Already have that and given it to cell. Boldly ported Breast and Butt Physics with XPMSE/Cherry values and adapted naming schema to Fallout 4 skeleton. Work of like 5-10 minutes, took more time to find what is portable and what needs to be redone properly from the ground.

Nice! So you're saying progress is already being made?... I hope that's what you're saying.. Hooray for jiggly bits!.. and animated pussy holes. :D

Nice! So you're saying progress is already being made?... I hope that's what you're saying.. Hooray for jiggly bits!.. and animated pussy holes. :D

Progress is done, but no use for anybody.

First of all we need an implementation of the hdt system for using with mods. That's made from outside the game with a f4se plugin (a dll) So we need first a complete version of f4se and that will not happen before geck is released. Then of course we need all the stuff mentioned but without the plugin it won't work.

First of all we need an implementation of the hdt system for using with mods. That's made from outside the game with a f4se plugin (a dll) So we need first a complete version of f4se and that will not happen before geck is released. Then of course we need all the stuff mentioned but without the plugin it won't work.

No.

(he's probably reused some vanilla physics data and changed the bones around, though)

This game uses new physix system and without GECK impossible learn how it works. I tryed attach physix to outfits in Nifscope but only have CTD when equip it in game.

It would make more sense to just forget about the internal physics engine right off the bat this time.

Just spend the time getting I/O to work for character position/pose for the script extender and use Bullet with a plugin.

You first off all need a system with the skeleton nodes, then you need a body, then you need a hkx to xml converter to see if they are animatable, then you need animations so that you know that the stuff works, then you can think about how to make them move.

You don't need a physics lib plugin before you have a body that supports physics. Understood?

You first off all need a system with the skeleton nodes, then you need a body, then you need a hkx to xml converter to see if they are animatable, then you need animations so that you know that the stuff works, then you can think about how to make them move.

You don't need a physics lib plugin before you have a body that supports physics. Understood?

CBBE is already weighted to the vanilla breast bones, just like the vanilla body. Those can be used for testing I guess.

No.

(he's probably reused some vanilla physics data and changed the bones around, though)

Yeah, I've seen that but read that has some ctd problems. What I said is how it's implemented in Skyrim, at least at the beginning, but hell, I can't argue with you :)

CBBE is already weighted to the vanilla breast bones, just like the vanilla body. Those can be used for testing I guess.

I think I told you why that is a bad solution didn't I?

Well the in-game scaling for the breast bones needs to stay in-tact for the triangle, and we can't weight to two breast bones due to the bones per vertex limit.

Well the in-game scaling for the breast bones needs to stay in-tact for the triangle, and we can't weight to two breast bones due to the bones per vertex limit.

You said it was hard, not impossible. Hard = doable, Impossible = not doable, if it is doable, do it. If someone makes a hkx or whatever to be attached to the body with physics he will have it easier if the collision stuff is not in that shitty armpit position.

You said it was hard, not impossible. Hard = doable, Impossible = not doable, if it is doable, do it. If someone makes a hkx or whatever to be attached to the body with physics he will have it easier if the collision stuff is not in that shitty armpit position.

Impossible. :P

The "Chest", "Chest_Upper_skin", "Chest_skin" and "LBreast_skin" bones have weighting on one breast.

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4 weights per vertex on the breast = the maximum.

Add another breast bone and weight to it separately = 5 = 1 too much.

MY MATH SKILLS.

The "Chest", "Chest_Upper_skin", "Chest_skin" and "LBreast_skin" bones have weighting on one breast.

MY MATH SKILLS.

Then I would wish the one getting it running a lot of fun, because LBreast_skin will be probably in the default rig map. There is still the animation approach I think, but HDT is for the nuts then.

MY MATH SKILLS.

Then I would wish the one getting it running a lot of fun, because LBreast_skin will be probably in the default rig map. There is still the animation approach I think, but HDT is for the nuts then.

But Skyrim only needed one breast bone weighted to for both HDT physics and scaling to work at the same time. Why is it different for FO4?

Yes, you're right, you can do that with the skeleton like yours and doing the hkx animations and for that you don't need any physics library. But for doing movable breasts by physics and not hkx animations, don't you need a physics library ?

MY MATH SKILLS.

But Skyrim only needed one breast bone weighted to for both HDT physics and scaling to work at the same time. Why is it different for FO4?

I say skeleton.hkx and XPMSE having one for BBP and one for HDT, remember what it means for physics when a node was animatable via the default rig map? Animation moves the node, node gets set to that position, physics = shitty, vanilla animation exported with the full bone list, any animation moving that node by default.

This game uses new physix system and without GECK impossible learn how it works. I tryed attach physix to outfits in Nifscope but only have CTD when equip it in game.

It would make more sense to just forget about the internal physics engine right off the bat this time.

Just spend the time getting I/O to work for character position/pose for the script extender and use Bullet with a plugin.

That's interesting. Is it doable? Using the Bullet physics engine in the game I mean...

That's interesting. Is it doable? Using the Bullet physics engine in the game I mean...

HDT SMP works with the Bullet lib and is for Skyrim mostly stuff for a handful of people.

HDT PE is Havok the same Havok Skyrim Physics engine is from, what the majority uses, before anyone asks.

Archived