View File

Non-Devious Devices

or, to give it its full name

Deviously Non-Devious Devious Devices

NOTICE

For personal reasons I'm taking a break from the site.
I consider this mod finished and won't be developing it any further.
If, for some reason, anyone wants to use any content from it
(what little there is) or even take over the mod, please be my guest.
Just keep it free and fun.

Thanks.

Just in case there is any confusion: this mod does not change the way real Devious Devices work. If you already use Devious Devices and want to continue to use them with all their wonderful devious features, you absolutely can do so. All this mod does is allow you to craft standard clothing and jewellery items that look like devious devices but don't function as devious devices. All devices from the devious mods - if you have them installed - will continue to function exactly as they should.

DESCRIPTION
This mod allows you to craft devious devices without locks, keys, enchantments or scripts so you can wear them as part of a standard mash-up for the kinky look without the deviousness. The mod can be used without Devious Devices installed, or alongside it. It includes non-devious versions of almost all the devices from DD Assets and Expansion, as well as the colour and ebonite variations, and footstep sets for all the boots. The only thing currently missing I'm aware of are the expansion varieties of the panel gags, but all the black leather panel gags are included.

A book can be crafted at the forge with one roll of paper and one piece of leather. When carrying the book you can make all of the iron, steel, and black leather devices at the forge. If you want a red or white leather item, take the equivalent black leather device to the tanning rack and you can convert it if you have fire salts (for red) or frost salts (for white.) To make any leather item of any colour shiny convert it at the tanning rack with troll fat. The troll fat, fire salts and frost salts won't be consumed in the process. You just need one in your inventory. The book contains a list of all the items you can make. Their names are slightly different to the original devices so you should be able to identify which is which if using DD alongside this mod. For example, ebonite is now "shiny" and restrictive is "constrictive."

The idea is to be able to wear the devices as you would any standard piece of clothing or jewellery. I use these for my own character and also for followers, so they can look the part but won't need Devious Devices to use resources to monitor them. Everything is classed as either clothing or jewellery and has no armour rating. I did that because firstly it doesn't make sense for most devices to have protective properties, and secondly I usually play mages without armour and I made this initially for myself.

Because I've included gags, armbinders and the yoke, the Zaz Animation Pack is required to open mouths and put arms into place. The blindfolds will also function as a Zaz blindfold, obeying the settings you use in the Zaz MCM. None of the other items have Zaz keywords. They're just clothing and jewellery items. A version is also available that removes all Zaz functionality. This means no armbinders, gags, or yoke, blindfolds that don't hinder vision, and no need for the Zaz Animation Pack to be installed just for this mod if you don't want it. NetImmerse Override is needed for the heels and boots to lift characters up to the correct height when wearing them. If you have a recent version of RaceMenu then you already have this.

This mod relies on you having the meshes and textures folders from both Devious Devices Assets and Expansion for any of the items to show up. It also needs the sound folder from Devious Expansion so your heels will click and your hooves will clop. If you already have the core Devious mods installed then my mod will use their assets. If not, you will need the folders I mentioned. You will also need to make certain you have the correct meshes for your body if you want them to fit. Instructions for that can be found on the pages for the Devious mods.

Just to repeat, this mod does not include any meshes, textures or sounds of its own. It will use those you already have installed if you use Devious Devices Assets and Expansion, so any conversions and UUNP/Bodyslide meshes you install for the core devious mods will be used by this one. If you don't use the core devious mods, install the folders I mentioned from DDa and DDx, and then any conversions you wish.

Obviously the devices in this mod will lack all of the extra features from the core devious mods.

• Gags, blindfolds, armbinders and the yoke in the main file will function as Zaz items, not Devious ones.
  • Plugs won't vibrate, inflate, keep fluids in, or prevent sex.
  • There are no locks or keys.
  • Other mods which look for Devious items before triggering events will not recognise the non-devious items.
  • Wearing a corset with a chastity belt will not convert the belt to the one that matches the corset (each colour and finish of corset comes in three styles - no belt, full belt, or open belt.)
  • I also made up all the crafting recipes myself, so they won't match the Devious versions.

All devices use the same equip slots as the Devious versions.

At the moment there is no male support, sorry.

MINI CRAFTING GUIDE

ndd_forge_1_mini.jpg

ndd_forge_3_mini.jpg

ndd_rack_1_mini.jpg

ndd_rack_2_mini.jpg

REQUIREMENTS
Skyrim
Update
Zaz Animation Pack 6.0+ (Only if using the main file. Zaz is not needed for the Non-Zaz-Non-Devious Devices file.)
NetImmerse Override or RaceMenu (which includes it)
The meshes and textures folders from Devious Devices Assets 2.9.2+
The meshes, textures and sound folders from Devious Devices Expansion 1.2.3+
Any conversions for the devious meshes you wish so they will fit your installed body

INSTALLATION
Simply install with a mod manager, or unzip the file, find the non-devious devices esp and drop it into your Skyrim Data folder.
To remove, use your mod manager or delete the non-devious devices esp.
Load order shouldn't matter.

THANKS
To Bethesda for the game and the freedom to mod it.
To Zadil, Min, Coopervane, Koffii and everyone who worked on the excellent devious devices.
To ZaZ and Xaz for the excellent Zaz Animation Pack.
To Mord Sif for letting me pick her brain and giving me the crafting book idea. Give her wrist-binder a try. It works well with the cuffs from this mod.
To Ashal for LoversLab and all the goodness it contains!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/27/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyrim, update, zaz animation pack, netimmerse override or racemenu, meshes and textures folders from devious devices assets, meshes, textures and sound folders from devious devices expansion
  • Special Edition Compatible

Glad you guys like the idea! I just added a thanks to Zaz and Xaz in the credits. Apologies for missing them out first time.

Great mod! But there's a problem: I use "Fill her up", is plugs of this mod can hold cum in body?

No they won't unfortunately. The plugs from here are just normal items, for visual effect only. They won't hold anything in or keep anything out.

The only items that have any extra functions are the blindfolds, gags, armbinders and yoke, which all behave like Zaz Animation Pack items.

New version up with just a very minor change. All the boots were missing from the list of available items in the crafting book. You could still craft them, though, so this is just a very minor change.

The main reason to update is I've added a version that doesn't require the Zaz Animation Pack. While it mystifies me why anyone would not want any bondage in their game :P at least people now have the option. The Non-Zaz-Non-Devious Devices file removes the armbinders, gags and the yoke, and removes the Zaz enchantments and keywords from the blindfolds. With this version everything really is just a normal clothing or jewellery item.

For everyone who likes their kink, download the 1.1 file if you want the minor update to the book, or stick with the previous version.

I have one question. Is this mod removes the effects of other mods like cursed loot. Is installing it other stop working? Is it just gives me the opportunity to wear them as additional armor?

It won't interfere with any devious mods. All this does is let you craft alternate versions of the devices that act as simple clothing or jewellery items, so you can achieve the look without any of the effects if you want to. You can use cursed loot alongside it without any problem, and all genuine devious devices still work exactly as before. I use cursed loot myself.

I have one question. Is this mod removes the effects of other mods like cursed loot. Is installing it other stop working? Is it just gives me the opportunity to wear them as additional armor?

It won't interfere with any devious mods. All this does is let you craft alternate versions of the devices that act as simple clothing or jewellery items, so you can achieve the look without any of the effects if you want to. You can use cursed loot alongside it without any problem, and all genuine devious devices still work exactly as before. I use cursed loot myself.

Thanks for answer. I love it because I like when my char equip item , but not always be slave.

this looks amazing, just what im looking for.  i just have a question, can the items like the harnesses be swapped with ones made using bodyslide that were made for DD?

Yes. This mod uses the same meshes the devious mods use, so any conversions you install for them will be used by this. So if you equipped a locking harness from DDi it would use the exact same mesh and textures as the standard harness from non-DD. I assume bodyslide/UUNP RaceMenu morph sliders would also work, although I haven't actually tested that. I can't see any reason they wouldn't.

this looks amazing, just what im looking for.  i just have a question, can the items like the harnesses be swapped with ones made using bodyslide that were made for DD?

Yes. This mod uses the same meshes the devious mods use, so any conversions you install for them will be used by this. So if you equipped a locking harness from DDi it would use the exact same mesh and textures as the standard harness from non-DD. I assume bodyslide/UUNP RaceMenu morph sliders would also work, although I haven't actually tested that. I can't see any reason they wouldn't.

awesome!

Congratulations, you've turned an awesome mod into mundane fluff.

Sorry you think so. And sorry that you would apparently prefer other people (some of whom specifically requested a mod exactly like this) should do without just because you don't approve of it yourself.

I also humbly apologise for the fact that you are forced to download and use it by it's very existence, thus ruining your own Skyrim experience.

For the record, I agree that Devious Devices is awesome, and I use it whether I use this mod or not. It is completely unaffected by having this mod installed.

Congratulations, you've turned an awesome mod into mundane fluff.

What are you talking about?

This mod does ADD item variants, it does not change the effect of existing items in any way. Cursed loot and all the other mods will still have their full effect and they will all use the items with the effects, hardcore if you did set them to.

I personally like the ability to wear a body harness or a gag for the looks, without the effect of it.. and still risking the "real thing" with every container I open, cause of course the items of this mod do not count fort he treshold of DCL to not fire.

So what are you complaining about??

I've added a note at the top of the description just in case there was any misunderstanding about what this mod does. That's what I assume happened, and I concede that the title and my admittedly messy description could give the wrong impression.

Maybe I should have called the mod, Deviously Non-Devious Devious Devices That Leave Devious Devices Deviously Devious Whilst Deviously Allowing A Deviously Non-Devious Alternative. Or... maybe not... :P

I've added a note at the top of the description just in case there was any misunderstanding about what this mod does. That's what I assume happened, and I concede that the title and my admittedly messy description could give the wrong impression.

Maybe I should have called the mod, Deviously Non-Devious Devious Devices That Leave Devious Devices Deviously Devious Whilst Deviously Allowing A Deviously Non-Devious Alternative. Or... maybe not... :P

So the acronym would be...  DNDDDTLDDDDWDAADNDA  (I think I broke a finger typing that...)

(frankly the first 4 letters of his/her name should explain everything...)

Can I get that red leather harness in the pic as a stand-alone for UNP-temptress?

That'd be great.

Temptress is a custom race, yes? I've never used one of those, but if a custom race can equip all armour and clothing vanilla races can then you'd be able to wear the one from this mod. And UNP is one of the included options with the devious mods, so the UNP meshes from the core devious mods should fit if Temptress uses standard UNP. (The picture I uploaded of the character in the white set is a UNP body using UNP device meshes. The others are 7B Oppai.)

So to get the red harness from this mod, just craft a "leather harness" then take it and one fire salts to a tanning rack to colour it red. If you want UNP, install the UNP meshes from the core devious mods.

Can I get that red leather harness in the pic as a stand-alone for UNP-temptress?

That'd be great.

Temptress is a custom race, yes? I've never used one of those, but if a custom race can equip all armour and clothing vanilla races can then you'd be able to wear the one from this mod. And UNP is one of the included options with the devious mods, so the UNP meshes from the core devious mods should fit if Temptress uses standard UNP. (The picture I uploaded of the character in the white set is a UNP body using UNP device meshes. The others are 7B Oppai.)

So to get the red harness from this mod, just craft a "leather harness" then take it and one fire salts to a tanning rack to colour it red. If you want UNP, install the UNP meshes from the core devious mods.

Sorry, what I meant was, if I could get just the harness as a stand-alone file to add into my game - without the rest of it (and the numerous requirements that I keep having difficulty getting to work properly.)

For personal reasons I'm taking a break from the site. I consider this mod finished and won't be developing it any further. If, for some reason, anyone wants to use any content from it (what little there is) or even take over the mod, please be my guest. Just keep it free and fun.

Thanks