View File

Armbinders With Hands!

I tweaked the zaz armbinder offset so that the hands fit inside the armbinder without clipping. I then updated all of zaz's armbinder animations with the new offset. Finally, I changed the properties on all DD armbinders so that they would stop hiding hands.

Basically, this mods gives Armbinders With Hands! (should work even with DD expansion's restrictive gloves)

[ REQUIREMENTS ]
Devious Devices - Assets - http://www.loverslab...devices-assets/
Devious Devices - Integration - http://www.loverslab...01282014/
Devious Devices - Expansion - http://www.loverslab...expansion/
Zaz Animation Pack - http://www.loverslab...ack-2013-10-08/
SexLab 1.58+ - http://www.loverslab...4-updated-1230/
SexLab Aroused 20140124+ - http://www.loverslab...ed-v2013-12-22/

[ INSTALLATION ]
1) Extract "Armbinders_With_Hands.7z" into your skyrim data folder
2) Active "Armbinders_With_Hands.esp"

[ CREDITS ]
Xaz, ZaZ, and everyone else who worked on the armbinder animations I tweaked.

[ PERMISSIONS ]
Anyone is free to use the new armbinder offset I created. (this mod will probably become obsolete as soon as it is included into the DD / zaz framework)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/09/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices + ZaZ Animation Pack
  • Special Edition Compatible

Using Cursed Loot (and thats where i got the Armbinders from), not sure if thats different Armbinders ?

Yeah, Cursed Loot has some of its own custom armbinders:

Inescapable armbinder.

Cursed armbinder.

High security armbinder.

Obsidian armbinder.

Pink armbinder.   (hands still disappear)

Rubber doll armbinder.  (hands still disappear)

Hands and arms look nice, but the Armbinder itself isnt shown for me!

Do you know which armbinder it was that didn't appear?

I installed with NMM, thats ok ?

That should be fine.

Using Cursed Loot (and thats where i got the Armbinders from), not sure if thats different Armbinders ?

Inescapable armbinder.

Cursed armbinder.

High security armbinder.

Obsidian armbinder.

Hands and arms look nice, but the Armbinder itself isnt shown for me!

Do you know which armbinder it was that didn't appear?

I installed with NMM, thats ok ?

That should be fine.

Actually i think its a standard black ebonite Armbinder i found due cursed loot. It looks just like on the first of your two pictures pic from the frontpage.

Actually i think its a standard black ebonite Armbinder i found due cursed loot. It looks just like on the first of your two pictures pic from the frontpage.

Could you do me a favor and try disabling the addon (Armbinders_With_Hands.esp).  See if  your save loads with the missing armbinder.  If the armbinder  reappears, then it will confirm that my mods is the problem.

Also, is there anyone else experiencing this missing armbinder problem?

For some reason this mod requires all three skyrim addons. If that is intentional please list them as requirements.

Not sure which "three skyrim addons" you are refering to, but I have updated my mod requirements.

Could you do me and try disabling the addon (Armbinders_With_Hands.esp) and then load your save with the missing armbinder.  If the armbinder is reappears, then it will confirm that my mods is the problem.

I have, and I haven't installed this mod (yet!). I haven't explored the problem in depth, but it seems to happen when there are many other restraints worn (and/or put on) at the same time. It may be some conflict with one or more other restraints or perhaps an issue with the order in which they are equipped. Maybe it's a timing issue?

UPDATE: After installing this mod, I am now experiencing the hidden armbinder effect all the time (standard Ebonite Armbinder). However when I disabled the esp file without removing the animation files the armbinder came back immediately upon reload. And it even still has the correct visible, but covered hand positions that are the intent of this mod.

So, the question is, what is the esp needed for? Can I just use the animation files without it?

Could you do me and try disabling the addon (Armbinders_With_Hands.esp) and then load your save with the missing armbinder.  If the armbinder is reappears, then it will confirm that my mods is the problem.

I have, and I haven't installed this mod (yet!). I haven't explored the problem in depth, but it seems to happen when there are many other restraints worn (and/or put on) at the same time. It may be some conflict with one or more other restraints or perhaps an issue with the order in which they are equipped. Maybe it's a timing issue?

UPDATE: After installing this mod, I am now experiencing the hidden armbinder effect all the time (standard Ebonite Armbinder). However when I disabled the esp file without removing the animation files the armbinder came back immediately upon reload. And it even still has the correct visible, but covered hand positions that are the intent of this mod.

So, the question is, what is the esp needed for? Can I just use the animation files without it?

Right now, when an armbinder is placed on a character, there is a script ("ArmorAddon") which runs and hides the hands.  The only purpose of the esp is to disable those scripts.

You can use the animation files without the esp, but next time you wear an armbinder, your hands might disappear again.

---------------

The ESP is really only a temporaty fix.  As soon as Min and others remove the scripts that cause the invisible hands, it won't be needed anymore.

Right now, when an armbinder is placed on a character, there is a script ("ArmorAddon") which runs and hides the hands.  The only purpose of the esp is to disable those scripts.

You can use the animation files without the esp, but next time you wear an armbinder, your hands might disappear again.

---------------

The ESP is really only a temporaty fix.  As soon as Min and others remove the scripts that cause the invisible hands, it won't be needed anymore.

For me the same happens as for Slagblah. Unchecking the *esp in NMM (under the plugins tab, not disabling the mod complete) makes the Armbinder reappear when i load the save.

For me the same happens as for Slagblah. Unchecking the *esp in NMM (under the plugins tab, not disabling the mod complete) makes the Armbinder reappear when i load the save.

Are you using the latest version of Devious Device Assets/intergration?  I think older versions put the armbinder on different equipment "slots" and that might have something to do with it.

Also, when the armbinder reappears (after disabling the esp), are the hands visible or not?  (If the hands are correctly visible without using the esp then there is no reason to use it)

Great work...guess you wont see that chopped hands again a moment before wearing armbinder.

Inescapable armbinder.

Cursed armbinder.

High security armbinder.

Obsidian armbinder.

Yeah thats the thing, there is so many option not just armbinder, was replacing DCL rubber hood, already set proper slot, ended up with whole head gone invisible, it has something to do with scripts which is beyond me. meh.

Another workaround is mashing up armbinder with hands, set it with the same slot (46 if i recall) requires a little bit work with nifskope. So there is no plugin is needed. But still i recomended with edited plugin so actual hands is use instead "replacer" hands.      

Are you using the latest version of Devious Device Assets/intergration?  I think older versions put the armbinder on different equipment "slots" and that might have something to do with it.

Also, when the armbinder reappears (after disabling the esp), are the hands visible or not?  (If the hands are correctly visible without using the esp then there is no reason to use it)

Yes, any DD Mods (assets,expansion and integration) are up to date.

I tried several combinations.

With the *esp disabled, you can see the hands beeing made invisable  quickly before the armbinder is applyed.

Trying with Restrictive Gloves, or Rubber Gloves, both are removed before the Armbinder is applyed (only visual removed), as well as the hands

Trying with clear catsuit from DCL worked better then before as then the hands (from the catsuit) where allways visable through the armbinder (guess they wherent made invisable) . The hands inside the catsuit glove are made invisable wenn the Binder is applied.

Ahh... I think I know what it might be now. I do have the latest Assets and Expansion. I'm one minor rev back with Integration, but that doesn't have any armbinder nifs in it, so that shouldn't matter for this issue.

What it might be though is that I'm using the DD+DDX bodyslide 2.2d conversion from 2/28/2015. That, I think, will have replaced the related nif files with possibly older versions that require the Hands slot (33). Is that the case for other people having this problem?

Is there a better bodyslide conversion that I should be using instead?

Ahh... I think I know what it might be now. I do have the latest Assets and Expansion. I'm one minor rev back with Integration, but that doesn't have any armbinder nifs in it, so that shouldn't matter for this issue.

What it might be though is that I'm using the DD+DDX bodyslide 2.2d conversion from 2/28/2015. That, I think, will have replaced the related nif files with possibly older versions that require the Hands slot (33). Is that the case for other people having this problem?

I am using this conversion too !

If you're using old device conversions then yes, there's a good chance the slot assignments in the nifs are out of date. You can update them yourself with nifskope and this tutorial. Step two should be the only one you need to follow, and it will need to be done for each NiTriShape in both the 0 and 1 nifs for the armbinder. I think there are four in each. Make sure the body part is set to 46 for all of them. (Just entering 46 as the value will auto-fill the line with the full details.)

There are one or two other items that may need changing as well for older conversions. Nipple piercings are one that had a slot change, vaginal plugs too. Check here to see which devices should be using which slots and if you notice anything else showing as invisible have a look and see which slots their nifs are using.

And the transparent zipsuit from cursed loot has the gloves included in the body nif, but not the hands, which is why it always used to poke out of the end of armbinders. The hands were being removed properly but the glove part of the nif couldn't be.

Great idea to keep the hands on and not poking through, by the way!

Yep, that was it. I restored my original DDX 1.2.1 ebonite armbinder nifs and now my armbinder is visible and the hands don't disappear.

Of course the straps don't quite fit right any more, though (arms are ok, but chest and shoulder straps are problem areas). So it seems we need an updated bodyslide conversion.

If you're using old device conversions then yes, there's a good chance the slot assignments in the nifs are out of date. You can update them yourself with nifskope and this tutorial. Step two should be the only one you need to follow, and it will need to be done for each NiTriShape in both the 0 and 1 nifs for the armbinder. I think there are four in each. Make sure the body part is set to 46 for all of them. (Just entering 46 as the value will auto-fill the line with the full details.)

There are one or two other items that may need changing as well for older conversions. Nipple piercings are one that had a slot change, vaginal plugs too. Check here to see which devices should be using which slots and if you notice anything else showing as invisible have a look and see which slots their nifs are using.

And the transparent zipsuit from cursed loot has the gloves included in the body nif, but not the hands, which is why it always used to poke out of the end of armbinders. The hands were being removed properly but the glove part of the nif couldn't be.

Great idea to keep the hands on and not poking through, by the way!

Thanks, that tutorial did the trick. And I've been looking for that field in nifskope for a while now and I don't know how I missed it. I knew it had to be there, but for some reason I just couldn't find it.

Yep, that was it. I restored my original DDX 1.2.1 ebonite armbinder nifs and now my armbinder is visible and the hands don't disappear.

Of course the straps don't quite fit right any more, though (arms are ok, but chest and shoulder straps are problem areas). So it seems we need an updated bodyslide conversion.

Well, at least i am using a mix of this. (some matched better for me from one set, some from the other, using CBBE HDT)

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1230-devious-devices-bodyslide-cbbe-ct77-body-tbbpintegrationexpansion/

and this

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1747-ddddx-bodyslide-22d-cbbe-hdt-body-updated-20150228/

They are both from nearly the same time (Feb 2015), so i am not sure if any is using the right slots.

I had no problems thou with not applied Items.

Thanks, that tutorial did the trick. And I've been looking for that field in nifskope for a while now and I don't know how I missed it. I knew it had to be there, but for some reason I just couldn't find it.

I am glad the problem was identified and solved without me!  :)

----------------------------

Great work...guess you wont see that chopped hands again a moment before wearing armbinder.

Or everytime you jump.

On another note, as you can tell by this mod, I figured out how to import/export Skyrim animations in the last two weeks.  The funny thing is that I ended up giving up 3ds max (it can't export finger animations!) and blender (had trouble setting up the nif plugin + didn't like the interface).  I am using Maya to edit skyrim animations with this plugin:

Maya 2016 nif plugin

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65421/?

One warning though, while Maya nif plugin perfectly imports/exports skyrim animations, the exported KFs need to be edited in NifSkope like this:

(I wrote an autohotkey script that does this for me)

sqHNwea.png

Here is a maya save file with a rigged skyrim skeleton if anyone wants to try using maya:

XPMSE 3-0 2014_____RIGGED.7z

----------------------------------

I am thinking of eventually writing a tutorial for making/editing skyrim animations.  I can't believe all the current animation tutorials focus on 3ds max/blender when Maya is so much better and easier.  (it only took me two hours to import, edit, and export the 72 animations in this mod!)

For now thought, I am working on setting up a control rig in maya so I can use HumanIK to control my skyrim skeleton.  This is exactly as much fun as it sounds (it will make animation process easier in the long run, but god is it tedious).

XPMSE 3-0 2014.7z

Cedec, as you managed to keep gloves worn while the armbinder is applied, maybe you have a hint for me.

Any idea, why my rings are removed, when i get on the armbinder ?

Edit: on a second thought, its different , cause gloves are only visable removed, while the rings are really removed

BTW, i did the attachment change via Nifscope and the tutorial Dreamweaver pointed to, and it worked great.

Very nice mod, i really look forward , if some mod will make it possible in the future to wear locked rubbergloves under an armbinder ;)

regards