[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Hey guys, great mod. I have a suggestion that I think would improve game play. Definitely thinking that putting a cooldown on the use of lover's embrace was a good idea. That was way too exploitable. What might make things more enjoyable for the future is if you put an option in the event that will drain the target and then start a timer to automatically fire the lover's embrace event again when the timer runs out. I was finding in my last game that any time I wanted to use lover's embrace to kill my enemies or just farm for piety, it was getting very micromanagey.

Been trying out a succubus run. During the Blood Moon event Lucifer ask me to change religion. I said the people are not ready due to a profitable marriage on the horizon. Will the event fire again. I keep trying the Blood Moon events but nothing so far.  

On a side note, here's a (barely tested) attempt to patch ReMeDy's static portraits into CPR.

attachicon.gifHIP-CPR-ReMeDy patch.7z

The only issue I see is you have the imprisonment layer above those lines, meaning if a character using a custom portrait gets imprisoned, you won't see the imprisonment bars. The imprisonment layer should be at the very bottom of each list.

Thanks! I've updated the files in post  #1420

Been trying out a succubus run. During the Blood Moon event Lucifer ask me to change religion. I said the people are not ready due to a profitable marriage on the horizon. Will the event fire again. I keep trying the Blood Moon events but nothing so far.  

Lucifer should come back once more, exactly 666 days after you turned him down the first time.  If you turn him down again that time, he'll never return for that character.  After that, if you want to be Lilithian, you'll have to be another succubus (probably a descendant of your current character) and do Blood Moon ceremonies to get to level two once again.

Don't know if this is intentional or not but the event "Werewolf uses a bitch" (DWWerewolf.1050) currently does not check if the bitch is really the werewolf's bitch or some other werewolf's bitch. This results in every werewolf in the same court as the bitch, to dominate the bitch on a frequent basis.

To make each werewolf only able to use his own bitches, you could add the following under "any_courtier" and "random_courtier" in the respective event code:

has_opinion_modifier = {
	who = ROOT
	modifier = opinion_ima_bitch
}

Thanks for the great mod by the way. And yay me! First post here. Cheers.

That's not an accident. Werewolves have only one true alpha (Fenris) and any bitch is free game to meet the needs of anyone in the pack. Save for Omega Males, they're considered the lowest on the totem pole.

Hey guys, great mod. I have a suggestion that I think would improve game play. Definitely thinking that putting a cooldown on the use of lover's embrace was a good idea. That was way too exploitable. What might make things more enjoyable for the future is if you put an option in the event that will drain the target and then start a timer to automatically fire the lover's embrace event again when the timer runs out. I was finding in my last game that any time I wanted to use lover's embrace to kill my enemies or just farm for piety, it was getting very micromanagey.

Not going to happen.

I uploaded v1.25.

I only recommend installing it and giving it a go if you're interested in 'testing' it out, as I've only put it through minimal testing. (I left up v1.24 for anyone who finds v1.25 is worse).

The main reason for its release is to try and address some potential issues with how I was trying to handle the birth traits. It seemed like it was working fine initially, but some folks indicated late game, when the game population is much larger, that oddities started showing up often enough to make me think I was trying to feed too many events at once on birth events.

You may also notice something that isn't in the change log. I left a place holder for what I'm working on presently, which is the 'Go Hunting' decision that will be available to werewolves. If you're a werewolf and you use it right now, it'll just assume your hunt was successful and slap on a character modifier showing that.

Quick suggestion for the werewolf bitch-use event - max age. Currently werewolves will not only continue to use bitches long after they've become infertile (in CK2 terms, that is), but will continue to successfully impregnate them. My current character is in her late 50s and still popping out werebrats.

Just throw a NOT = { age = 45 } in there, problem solved. Or higher, if your lore has bitch status prolonging menopause.

Speaking of age, the age checks on slave training don't seem to be working - a 6-year-old has the same options as an adult.

Quick suggestion for the werewolf bitch-use event - max age. Currently werewolves will not only continue to use bitches long after they've become infertile (in CK2 terms, that is), but will continue to successfully impregnate them. My current character is in her late 50s and still popping out werebrats.

Just throw a NOT = { age = 45 } in there, problem solved. Or higher, if your lore has bitch status prolonging menopause.

Speaking of age, the age checks on slave training don't seem to be working - a 6-year-old has the same options as an adult.

This problem is not for only werewolfs in 1.24 or 1.23 i dont know where version, this problem is for all men. My gameplay is nordic man and after event infertile he is  still successfully impregnate woman. Edit : You are right i test it in two persons one is 16/adult/ and second is 12 /child/ and they have same option. In  normal under age 16 they are same options witchout sex training /// i using 1.25/

In my opinion,

if you become immortal at the age of maybe 18, you don't stop beeing fertile, because you stay 18 biologically forever.

So if there is an age limit, it should not apply to immortal women.

In my opinion,

if you become immortal at the age of maybe 18, you don't stop beeing fertile, because you stay 18 biologically forever.

Except pregnancy doesn't work that way, every woman has a finite number of "eggs" and once those run out she can never again have children. They get used both in an actual pregnancy and in the process of menstruation. That is in fact what menstruation is, the recycling of decayed eggs. On the other hand this is a mod with Succubi, werewolves and vampires. Plus a bunch of other beings. So perhaps realism shouldn't be our first priority.

? You're getting the option to train a 6 year old pleasure slave? All of the other options should be there, just not the pleasure slave one.

The pleasure slave options have the trigger requirement of is_adult = yes, so I'd have the ask the normal, what version, what other mods, blah, blah, blah.

In my opinion,

Except pregnancy doesn't work that way, every woman has a finite number of "eggs" and once those run out she can never again have children. They get used both in an actual pregnancy and in the process of menstruation. That is in fact what menstruation is, the recycling of decayed eggs. On the other hand this is a mod with Succubi, werewolves and vampires. Plus a bunch of other beings. So perhaps realism shouldn't be our first priority.

Yes, we could easily assume, that eggs in case of a succubus work slightly different than normal human females.

Human females have many more eggs than those which are "used" so if succubi have a higher rate successful of "egg usage"

they last far longer than for human females.

Is fairy play complete in 1.25 because i have 2 options but only one /garden / bring modifiers. First option bring only countdown modifier nothing more. And sucubas healing but in 2-3 years negative traits are back is posibility to reduce this after first using this spell ??

You're obviously doing something to gain whatever is being removed via healing. So your options are to not do whatever is resulting in you getting the traits again, or you simply heal yourself again.

Fairy play has reached it's initial completion stage in 1.25 (I may add more in the future, but it's fully functional as it currently stands). I'm not certain why you're only seeing one option. You've different initial paths (bound versus unbound), and then you should have at least 3 options, with 4 options being available if you're a futa.

Option 1: Adult Male / Futa

Option 2: Adult Female

Option 3: Any adult

Option 4: Opting not to play

I just tested and it works fine for me, so I'm uncertain what your issue could be off hand.

? You're getting the option to train a 6 year old pleasure slave? All of the other options should be there, just not the pleasure slave one.

The pleasure slave options have the trigger requirement of is_adult = yes, so I'd have the ask the normal, what version, what other mods, blah, blah, blah.

Huh, I'm seeing is_adult = yes on the triggers for all options except warrior...

trigger = {
	NOT = {
		FROM = { has_character_modifier = dw_slave_skilled_complete }
	}
	is_adult = yes
}
name = "DWSlavery3C" # Skilled Labor Slave Training

But they all still work. Should the triggers be using AND? Or is AND implied?

post-68287-0-83439100-1452558788_thumb.png

Anyhow. Not quite related, but it'd be cool if you could train slaves to be assassins

Huh, I'm seeing is_adult = yes on the triggers for all options except warrior...

trigger = {
	NOT = {
	}
	is_adult = yes
}

attachicon.gifck2_41.png

Anyhow. Not quite related, but it'd be cool if you could train slaves to be assassins

And is implied. If you add an and there, the Validator calls you on it. There are other triggers with multiple requirements and they work as intended from a test I did earlier today, although the testing I did, did not involve an is_adult check that would have been potentially false.

And if the others all say it, it's because I probably copy and pasted the pleasure one and missed taking out the is_adult check. I wonder if it'll make a difference if I swap the order, making is_adult first.

In my opinion,

Yes, we could easily assume, that eggs in case of a succubus work slightly different than normal human females.

Human females have many more eggs than those which are "used" so if succubi have a higher rate successful of "egg usage"

they last far longer than for human females.

At one point I had my game modified so a succubus could have unlimited simultaneous pregnancies.  She then ended up a werewolf bitch in a realm with a lot of werewolves.  She was having children nearly every month, which fits nicely with some of the succubus lore I found back in the early 90's when I was writing my own succubus stories.

For those wondering, in that mythology a pregnant or multi-pregnant succubus never shows their pregnancy because the children develop in an extra-dimensional pocket.  Though some variants had the children hatching from eggs, but I never liked that one for my own stuff.

At one point I had my game modified so a succubus could have unlimited simultaneous pregnancies.  She then ended up a werewolf bitch in a realm with a lot of werewolves.  She was having children nearly every month, which fits nicely with some of the succubus lore I found back in the early 90's when I was writing my own succubus stories.

Would you mind sharing how you accomplished that?

trigger = {
	NOT = {
	}
	is_adult = yes
}

attachicon.gifck2_41.png

And is implied. If you add an and there, the Validator calls you on it. There are other triggers with multiple requirements and they work as intended from a test I did earlier today, although the testing I did, did not involve an is_adult check that would have been potentially false.

And if the others all say it, it's because I probably copy and pasted the pleasure one and missed taking out the is_adult check. I wonder if it'll make a difference if I swap the order, making is_adult first.

Bah. Shit. I'm a moron. The is_adult is working. The way it's written is simply checking the player (or slaver) instead of the target slave.

I'll fix it with the next patch.

Would you mind sharing how you accomplished that?

I had this 'feature' in early builds of Dark World by accident. All you'd have to do is in events that have pregnancy checks, just remove the is_pregnant = yes from killing it. And if you want only succubus to have it, alter the pregnancy checks in the DWCore file to have

if = {

limit = {

NOT = { trait = lilith }

is_pregnant = yes

}

blah blah blah

break = yes

}

That should kick out of the check for non-succubi who are pregnant, allowing an already succubi to process the potential pregnancy as normal.

There's another check in a core WOL event file you'd want to look into as well. even 30 or 70 or something like that.

Is fairy play complete in 1.25 because i have 2 options but only one /garden / bring modifiers. First option bring only countdown modifier nothing more. And sucubas healing but in 2-3 years negative traits are back is posibility to reduce this after first using this spell ??

You're obviously doing something to gain whatever is being removed via healing. So your options are to not do whatever is resulting in you getting the traits again, or you simply heal yourself again.

Fairy play has reached it's initial completion stage in 1.25 (I may add more in the future, but it's fully functional as it currently stands). I'm not certain why you're only seeing one option. You've different initial paths (bound versus unbound), and then you should have at least 3 options, with 4 options being available if you're a futa.

I just tested and it works fine for me, so I'm uncertain what your issue could be off hand.

I have 2 option /normal succubus// but i mean only option garden has working modifier another pleasure with her have not modifier /only countdown  // i mean this - no effects

post-941542-0-88936400-1452610316_thumb.jpg

SO! I was wondering, does Fenris not target your ruler to try and make them his bitch if they are female? I think it's been... 10 years since I replaced him in Ireland via some cheats and he's done well enough for himself, having taken half of Ireland and I haven't noticed him going out to get anyone from looking at his children box. Is there a time wait on when he will start to make females his bitches?

I have 2 option /normal succubus// but i mean only option garden has working modifier another pleasure with her have not modifier /only countdown  // i mean this - no effects

That's correct. It has a potential for effects, but you'd have to have a either herpes or syphilis for the effect to trigger (which is that the fairy heals your with her magical touch).

To be honest, if you're a succubus, the fairy may not be as beneficial since since her abilities overlap in a couple areas.

I do suppose I could add the good sex modifier from the ordeal.

That's correct. It has a potential for effects, but you'd have to have a either herpes or syphilis for the effect to trigger (which is that the fairy heals your with her magical touch).

To be honest, if you're a succubus, the fairy may not be as beneficial since since her abilities overlap in a couple areas.

I do suppose I could add the good sex modifier from the ordeal.

Thanks i mean something is wrong and you correct me // good sex modifier will be fine ///

Archived