[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

Sounds like a good title "The black widow" given when your third husband dies in bed with you or shortly after, which might make them prefer to lead crusades against a superior foe to avoid going to your bed :)

Do you mean nickname? If so, I do think that'd be a cool one.

I've not messed with nicknames before, although I've considered dabbling with some in the past, for example if you kill the feral werewolf yourself I thought it'd be cool to obtain the nickname "Wolvesbane" or something similar.

One thing I noticed with Lover's Embrace, was that it seemed to bug out on me on a certain occasion when trying to drain an immortal character. One of my succubus character's incubus husband had wound up entirely worthless (infirm, incapable, and also castrated), so I decided to drain him to death.  Despite the number of times I did it, he wouldn't die, and when I later enabled the console command to check what his health was at, it was something like -43.  

Hrm. Perhaps the first thing I should do when Lover's Embrace is done is remove immortal if it exists. Perhaps give a larger piety bonus for the act as well since the energy fed to Lilith would likely be stronger.

Yes i was thinking about nicknames it add flavor to the Family tree :)

For the second using Lovers embrace to remove Immortal trait is a good idea, it could be instead of adding ill and draining life from them to idicate the cost was their immortality. ,You also mentioned earlier about lowering the health Gain/drain thats a good idea, it should cost them a few years not five or ten years, and the user of the spell could get a temp blocker so it could be done once a year perhaps at most much like the blood moon ritual, so it dont replace the need for assassins :) indicating the ritual also cost the spell user something and they need time to recover from it, thats probably a good idea for the actual ritual spell as well, so its not overdone.

At the same time, I like how you're obviously claiming ownership for such a novel thing. It's not like I don't use cool-downs anywhere else. Hey, why don't you contact Samsung and mention that they should increase their screen size! That way, when they do, you can ensure that you're properly attributed since you're the one who mentioned it.

I've expressed appreciation more than once in this thread to folks in general, for a lot of feedback and ideas have helped shape things, one way or another. If you're looking for unique shout outs for every little blurb, which can often be repeated multiple times in different ways by others, then you should get used to being disappointed.

I don't recall claiming ownership over the concept, nor do I remember requesting a specific shout-out. When you include something based on user request you should acknowledge that; let's not conflate a major corporation (bastions of good behavior they are not) with actual human beings. I responded to what appeared to be a claim that you came up with the idea on your own. Misunderstandings happen. If you had just left it at "I balked but changed my mind" or said "that's just the way I write" or even "oops, I honestly forgot" from the beginning, or even just not replied, that would have been the end of it. Instead you had to make this an argument by tacking a passive-aggressive attack onto the end of your reply.

From my perspective, you escalated it the moment you opted to deconstruct a comment and post a comment from earlier where I had made a conflicting statement. And since I didn't claim ownership to the idea, yet you felt adequate in saying I did, why cannot I leverage the same claim towards you then?

You opted to be some kind of champion with your response.

Sure, I'll totally acknowledge that I'm being a dick to you, but if you don't see where you're being one as well, then... well, I honestly wouldn't be surprised based on your other interactions since you obviously do no wrong.

For the second using Lovers embrace to remove Immortal trait is a good idea, it could be instead of adding ill and draining life from them to idicate the cost was their immortality. ,You also mentioned earlier about lowering the health Gain/drain thats a good idea, it should cost them a few years not five or ten years, and the user of the spell could get a temp blocker so it could be done once a year perhaps at most much like the blood moon ritual, so it dont replace the need for assassins :)

I'm going to have to ponder this some, before I do it. I've already though of a couple potentials to abuse removing the immortal trait.

Regarding the cool down, I set it for a 30 day period. I think passing energy to Lilith once a month is feasible.

I don't recall mentioning specifically that I'd reduce the health drain, but I believe that's worth doing as well, since I would have to acknowledge that a few folks croaked a lot sooner than I thought they would. I rarely had the chance to hit the third penalty stage with those I embraced.

From my perspective, you escalated it the moment you opted to deconstruct a comment and post a comment from earlier where I had made a conflicting statement.

Fair enough, I suppose. How would you have preferred I bring up the topic of contradictory statements, if quoting the relevant ones is unacceptable? There was no attempt at "deconstruction" of a statement. When quoting, I have a tendency to cut the quote down to the relevant section to both save time and prevent quote chains from getting extensive.

Sure, I'll totally acknowledge that I'm being a dick to you, but if you don't see where you're being one as well, then...

The issue with text-based communication is that it not only suffers from the failings of spoken communication but it also suffers from issues unique to the medium, such as reading things into statements that are not actually present, due to the lack of extra-verbal clues inherent to non-verbal situations. Even in verbal communication, misinterpretations are both quite possible and quite common, and it is entirely possible to offend someone while neither intending to nor being aware of it. Unfortunately, if such offense is had, it must be pointed out and explained before such offense can be prevented in the future.

What I'm saying is that I had no intentions of being a dick, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appear that way to you or others. Very rarely do I intend to give offense, and those few occasions can be identified by use of profanity, since I do not use it in other situations unless quoting others or, even more rarely, if needed as some kind of joke (or more likely a bad attempt at one). I have at no point in this conversation meant to offend you. I initially responded to a statement after misunderstanding it, as has already been established, and posts since then have been direct responses to points raised in your own posts. If at any point in these posts you interpreted me as "being a dick", a misunderstanding has occurred, and it would help me greatly if you could make me aware of the parts in question and relate the specific train of thought causing your interpertation so I can, in the future, phrase things in a way that is less likely to be misunderstood by others. I would suggest a move of this conversation to PM to avoid cluttering this thread any further with the digression I have unwittingly dragged it down.

you obviously do no wrong.

Thank you for the compliment, but nobody's perfect.

Disclaimer: The previous statement was a demonstration of a misunderstanding in non-verbal communication and was intended to be taken in a humorous manner.

Disclaimer: The previous disclaimer was also intended to be taken in a humorous manner.

<snip>

Disclaimer: The previous statement was a demonstration of a misunderstanding in non-verbal communication and was intended to be taken in a humorous manner.

Disclaimer: The previous disclaimer was also intended to be taken in a humorous manner.

Seems reasonable and I agree with pretty much everything you stated.

And I wouldn't worry too much about derailing the topic. Good popcorn eating drama can sometimes keep things interesting when they get otherwise boring.

Regarding the misunderstanding, I would say it arose by differences in us. I honestly don't usually track in detail where everything is that's mentioned in this thread. More than once I've said, I'm not going to include something or rework it, only to later then find that I've the time since I'm making an edit in the area, or I end up coming around to their idea as something that might be beneficial to include - although I usually modify it to more fit my vision. Part of my real life work involves working on projects, and this same exact type of dynamic takes place. Ideas get shared, scope sometimes changes, things progress.

At no point anywhere have I ever said "hey - why didn't you acknowledge that I (or we) made that recommendation." Contributions are acknowledged (and have been when viewing both the read me file and the main page), when 'physical' contributions have been made. Which is about the equivalent of recognizing someone during a team meeting if they contributed a chunk of something that improved the project and wasn't included in the initial plans/scope.

So the concept that an idea that was brought up, when just about each page of this thread contains multiple ideas, and when the idea isn't really new content, but simply enacting a mechanism that is already used elsewhere, well that's honestly not the kind of thing that I would remotely even track as to who may or may not have mentioned it, or when it would have been mentioned. More than once I've said "I don't see a need for that" - yet later I soften the stance into a "I suppose I can include it since I'm in the area and it doesn't hurt my vision at all."

It's not who I am. I share my ideas pretty freely and don't really worry if someone does or doesn't use them, and I just figure that others in a group idea sharing format (such as a large thread) would be pretty much of the same mindset. And if someone says they won't, and then later they do, I figure they just came around to accepting the idea, or perhaps something else took place elsewhere that made it more feasible for them. I don't point out that they changed their mind. If I did that to people, I wouldn't have survived over 20 years of marriage to my wife.

I'm assuming you've a much more detailed memory than I do, to where it's easier for you to manage such things, or perhaps you operate in a different environment that has different practices than what I do.

When you pointed out where I changed my mind on something, it was just so alien to me, that it seemed petty. Right or wrong, your intention or not, that's how it struck me. Hell, you could have asked me if I changed my mind on the topic, and if it had been long enough ago, I might not have even recalled my initial decision. If I do recall it my original decision, I'm usually extremely open to sharing why I changed my mind on something. Especially since my initial reaction tends to be a conservative 'no' until I've the chance to further examine something. So me changing my mind is pretty common, but I don't always share why unless someone asks why, since I so rarely inquire the same of someone else.

My apologies for the wall of text, but it seems relevant in trying to adequately paint a bit of who I am and how I operate in hopes of clarity and potentially avoiding similar misunderstandings in the future (or until we advance another 10 pages and no one ever looks at this again. :) )

To clarify, the change 1.24 will have to the Succubus-gain event will restrict it to players who've chosen that campaign, and only the first female PC? Or will it still fire for her successors?

Yes and no. Since some folks have expressed in the past a method for exploring the other races, and that it can sometimes be difficult if the RNG gods don't play nice, I've switched things with the early event to give folks an option. Plus, it'll allow me to better path somethings I believe.

So if you don't start as a female, or if you start as a female and don't choose the Lilith option, then you are at least temporarily shut out of that portion.

I am (right now actually - between forum posts) adding an event where if you meet the right circumstances, that you could find a rare ritual book in the Exotic Emporium Rare Items section, that would allow you to attempt to commune with Lilith via a ritual. If done, and not opted out the couple of times you can, your female will end up with Lilith's gift (succubus trait).

Yes and no. Since some folks have expressed in the past a method for exploring the other races, and that it can sometimes be difficult if the RNG gods don't play nice, I've switched things with the early event to give folks an option. Plus, it'll allow me to better path somethings I believe.

So if you don't start as a female, or if you start as a female and don't choose the Lilith option, then you are at least temporarily shut out of that portion.

I am (right now actually - between forum posts) adding an event where if you meet the right circumstances, that you could find a rare ritual book in the Exotic Emporium Rare Items section, that would allow you to attempt to commune with Lilith via a ritual. If done, and not opted out the couple of times you can, your female will end up with Lilith's gift (succubus trait).

Ah, alright. So, if you didn't opt out, you're playing a succubus, and she dies and now you're her daughter, the event will not fire for the new ruler, and you'll need to go the book route instead?

Ah, alright. So, if you didn't opt out, you're playing a succubus, and she dies and now you're her daughter, the event will not fire for the new ruler, and you'll need to go the book route instead?

Correct, unless she's also a Succubus, then you're already good to go.

I don't point out that they changed their mind. If I did that to people, I wouldn't have survived over 20 years of marriage to my wife.

Epic! there is five words vital to a long marriage. Offcourse, yes, no, not, dear.

Put in the right order and combination and it solves most things.

Ps The one that said even white lies is a sin was never married, or as someone wise once said "You shall not lie, if you do you go to hell!" and "if you dont you probably already arrived there!"

The chatolic chucrch had it right, the only way to avoid hell is to bribe the priest!

Sunday night is the planned release of v1.24. The change log has grown even more.

When I post v1.24, I'm going to leave the previous version of Dark World up as well, for I won't be able to test out everything I'm adding in a play session. So just if you deem v1.24 to be too broke, you'll be able to grab the previous version until I roll out any necessary fixes.

Oh, and Happy New Year folks. I know's it's a day late, but I'm looking forward to 2016 and seeing how much further Dark World will evolve before its done.

do you plan on adding more animals to the emporium any time soon? 

And if so which ones?

Uncertain. I know this update won't have one. I've an idea of what I'll be adding next, but I don't have a time frame for when I'll be adding it.

do you plan to add any blackmail content? For female rulers preferably?

The vanilla game already does some blackmail, and I've no plans to expand upon or to make my own at this time. If I do add any, it'll likely be as an extension of other content.

So far, I like this mod quite a bit (was really happy when Harley joined my court :P).  My only concern is that I haven't seen a futanari option anywhere.  Did I miss something, or has that not been added yet?

EDIT: Also, is this compatible with Ruler Designer Unlocked and Crusader Queens? (both in the steam workshop)

do you plan to add any blackmail content? For female rulers preferably?

The vanilla game already does some blackmail, and I've no plans to expand upon or to make my own at this time. If I do add any, it'll likely be as an extension of other content.

I think they may have been referring to sexual blackmail, which would probably fit in well with the theme of this mod.

is this compatible with Ruler Designer Unlocked and Crusader Queens? (both in the steam workshop)

RDU, yes, I have used it myself, not sure about crusader queens though.

I think they may have been referring to sexual blackmail, which would probably fit in well with the theme of this mod.

My assumption for just about any recommendation is that it is sexual in nature. As such, my response as it was made still stands as my stance on the odds of me adding that kind of content.

Heh.  While we're doing the whole 'do you plan to add' bit-- any further Harley shenanigans in the works?  Also, thank you for all your creative works spicing up crusader kings-- believe it or not I hadn't actually played the game until dabbling with this mod a little while back.  Good discovery. 

Heh.  While we're doing the whole 'do you plan to add' bit-- any further Harley shenanigans in the works?  Also, thank you for all your creative works spicing up crusader kings-- believe it or not I hadn't actually played the game until dabbling with this mod a little while back.  Good discovery. 

More is indeed planned for Harley, just not in v1.24 that'll be coming out late tonight.

More is indeed planned for Harley, just not in v1.24 that'll be coming out late tonight.

What time is tonight? What time zone do you live in?

Let's say about 12 hours from this response. That would still be Sunday the 3rd for me.  :)

This is most likely what the final change log will be for the v1.24 release coming later tonight.

v1.24
    - Added: New Dark World Campaign Event, roughly 1-3 months in after start-up. Start options: Normal (human), Lilith, Werewolf, Vampire.
    - Added: Some new character modifiers to support some new options.
    - Added: If a Succubus has a daughter who isn't a succubus, if they've enough piety at the time of the birth, they've one shot to do a spell to awaken the trait in their daughter
    - Added: A couple more succubus spells. @ Stage 4, heal yourself of the wounded or maimed status. @ Stage 7 remove the infirm or incapable status from yourself.
    - Added: The Rare Item section of the Exotic Emporium now offers up some items for purchase. If you don't see any purchase options, you may not have enough cash (100 gp should always show at least one item).
    - Added: Players (only - not enabled yet for npc's even though it was discussed in the forum) can opt to marry someone of the same sex when they're one of the Lilithian religions
    - Added: New traits
    - Added: The Rare Item section of the Exotic Emporium now offers adult, female, non-Succubus, non-Angels, with 100 gp, the option to purchase a rare Succubus Ritual Tome.
    - Tweak: Overhaul of birth traits being passed onto kids for those of non-human lineage.
    - Tweak: Male children from a werewolf parent now have a slight chance of coming out as humans (10%), and if so, they have a chance of getting the omega_male character modifier.
    - Tweak: Selling a pleasure slave that is also a virgin nets you a greater profit
    - Tweak: Some localization tweaks
    - Tweak: Become a Succubus (The Lilith Dream) no longer triggers for every new, player controlled female ruler. It only fires once per campaign, and only if the Lilith start option is selected while playing a female ruler.
    - Tweak: Couple Trait tweaks
    - Tweak: Only the player can receive the Claire event, and it shouldn't fire if there is still a prior Claire alive from a previous ruler.
    - Tweak: Dynasty child fix would sometimes make the child a bastard who couldn't inherit. Tweak should prevent this, maybe.
    - Tweak: Modified the Lilith Immortality event, triggers 3 months after reaching stage 7 and has some different text and image.
    - Tweak: Virginity starting trait also won't be applied to a seductress.
    - Tweak: Modifier adjustments related to slavery, to reflect benefits obtained during training.
    - Tweak: Modified a couple succubus spells for better balance
    - Fixed: Missing a FROM in the immortality spell.

Archived