[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

After spending an unhealthy amount of time and energy enjoying this mod over the past couple days, I had to come out of the woodwork and say: Thank You. This mod is quite fantastic.

I have a few inquiries/ideas:

Are there plans for futa courtiers to seek/provide 'comfort' to their female/futa rulers analogous to what they currently do for male rulers?

Have you considered adding something along the lines of semen addiction? (Perhaps via the semen drink event or from futa/werewolves born with a rare special trait?)

Any plans to flesh out the vampire mechanics a bit more? It doesn't really seem like you can do a lot as one currently. (Options to influence others via hypnosis/blood magic perhaps?)

I haven't looked into CK2 modding before this, but I confess this project has certainly gotten the creative juices flowing. I don't really know how open you are to contributions/submissions, but I've got a bunch of ideas swirling around that I'd be happy to offer in either concept form or as a 'submod' content mini-expansion(once I get the hang of it) which you could look over and integrate as/if you see fit. If the project is 'your baby', I totally understand.

SO! I was wondering, does Fenris not target your ruler to try and make them his bitch if they are female? I think it's been... 10 years since I replaced him in Ireland via some cheats and he's done well enough for himself, having taken half of Ireland and I haven't noticed him going out to get anyone from looking at his children box. Is there a time wait on when he will start to make females his bitches?

Even that's a lot more than I've ever seen him do... in my games if he winds up holding a tribal county he usually just sits around doing nothing until someone holy wars him

SO! I was wondering, does Fenris not target your ruler to try and make them his bitch if they are female? I think it's been... 10 years since I replaced him in Ireland via some cheats and he's done well enough for himself, having taken half of Ireland and I haven't noticed him going out to get anyone from looking at his children box. Is there a time wait on when he will start to make females his bitches?

Even that's a lot more than I've ever seen him do... in my games if he winds up holding a tribal county he usually just sits around doing nothing until someone holy wars him

I usually give him the northern duchy of ireland with 4 counties via console and after a while he starts expanding from there on his own.

Sometimes he even has 1 or 2 females with the werewolf bitch modifier but its not like he is hunting women all over the world

and as far as i remember his hunt is limited to ai women in the event files, so no hunt for the player character.

At least he does more than the ancient vampire guy (Vladimir?), that one is way to peaceful.

I usually give him the northern duchy of ireland with 4 counties via console and after a while he starts expanding from there on his own.

Sometimes he even has 1 or 2 females with the werewolf bitch modifier but its not like he is hunting women all over the world

and as far as i remember his hunt is limited to ai women in the event files, so no hunt for the player character.

At least he does more than the ancient vampire guy (Vladimir?), that one is way to peaceful.

I've seen him start in the middle east and he became the Byzantine Empire's biggest headache when his coup triggered.

The next couple of updates should spice things up a bit more. v1.26 will be werewolf focused and v1.27 will likely be vampire focused, as they'll be adding a special event that can be triggered in the Intrigue section as a mini-ritual of sorts. It can be used by both players with the appropriate traits and other werewolves or vampires. So it should result in a lot more activity overall. Finally. :)

When I post the next update (most likely this weekend, but work and my health are both sucking right now, so it may be later next week), I'll also be updating the read-me on the download page with the following, which is an updated view. It's actually pretty much the same as always, but thanks to questions folks have asked, I ended up fleshing things out and figured an update to how werewolves are viewed within the Dark World mod could be helpful to folks.

Werewolves

Dark World Concept:

- There is one werewolf that all others acknowledge as their alpha. He is Fenris. Rumored to be the first werewolf and the only one who is free of the temptations of the beast

within. He starts the game in a random country. After a decade, he will make a power play to obtain control of his host country. There are a few ways to avoid it. If he starts in the player's country, he'll leave prior to making a power play, likely establishing himself somewhere nearby. If he's prevented from his initial power grab, he will attempt another one in the future.

- Werewolves tend to live on the outskirts of mankind. Most people will acknowledge they exist, yet few have ever seen one. The stories about them tend to fall into three distinct groups. Mindless killers that slaughter all in their path. Shape-shifters who hide among mankind with the intention of consuming those of purity and innocence. And those who are intelligent beings that seek to coexist among mankind.

- The stories aren't far from the truth. Most werewolves seem very human at birth. Showing minor signs of their lineage, usually wolf-like ears, enlarged canines and perhaps a small tail. As children age, they typically appear more and more beast like. This is especially true of male werewolves, while females only seem to 'fully' transform about half the time. Werewolves can speak, be reasoned with, and aren't always violent.

- Those that become the mindless killers of lore are known as ferals. They're werewolves who lost the battle with the beast that resides within. Once lost, they tend to exist only to kill, eat, and sometimes fuck (and then eat). To try and stave off the beast, werewolves partake of a typically individual ritual known as the hunt. The hunt involves them often partaking in events that bring them dangerously close to going feral, yet it appears that this is the only way to truly quiet the beast for extended periods of time.

- Non-feral werewolves are still very instinct driven creatures. They are prone to attempts at dominating another to establish superiority. Those who fall sway to this are sometimes so intimidated that they find it impossible to resist them. Even more disturbing his based on the pack mentality, a dominated person finds themselves bowing to the pressure of any others from the pack who aren't equal or below them.

- Werewolves are genetically a mess. To most, it is undeniable that werewolves somehow originated from humans, or that too much interspecies breeding has diluted their genetic code, as even in instances where a male and female werewolf has a child, there is a chance that it will never show any werewolf traits or the call of the beast in the blood, being little more than human. When a child does show its werewolf lineage, it is most often a male child. Some believe this is because whatever it is that makes up a female is more resistant, which some believe also is further proven by almost half of the female werewolves never fully taking on a full werewolf appearance. Werewolves don't help matters as when they're held by the pull of the hunt, they've been known to commit acts of incest, further damaging their genetic pool.

- Due to the shortage of female werewolves, Human women are often seen as quality breeders. Human men are sometimes seen as competition and as such are more prone to confrontations. Oddly enough, human males also appear to be a little more resistant to a werewolf's attempts of dominance or intimidation. Yet when a male falls to domination, they're known as a he-bitch or Omega Male (lowest of the pack), which places them even lower than human women who were dominated. It is said that men who find themselves being used as a he-bitch too often can begin to undergo abnormal changes, where their genitalia will shrink and their fertility will lessen, making it difficult for them to breed (and thus removing competition from the mating pool). There is even an old wives tale about a man who was dominated so much that he became a woman.

Is fairy play complete in 1.25 because i have 2 options but only one /garden / bring modifiers. First option bring only countdown modifier nothing more. And sucubas healing but in 2-3 years negative traits are back is posibility to reduce this after first using this spell ??

You're obviously doing something to gain whatever is being removed via healing. So your options are to not do whatever is resulting in you getting the traits again, or you simply heal yourself again.

Most likely it's something from the vanilla events. For instance, in the case of infirm, once over a certain age the factor starts going up significantly, especially if your base health is low. At base health under 4 and age over 90, the MTTH for the infirm event drops from a base of 1200 months to 94.5 months, which means that on average it will be firing every 8 years or so (but can fire a lot sooner).

In other words, if your character has the traits such that the vanilla game deems you likely to catch whatever disease or infirmity in the first place, you're still likely to catch it again. Succubus healing doesn't make you immune from having it happen again, it just resets the clock, and if the timer on that clock is short, well...

I've seen him start in the middle east and he became the Byzantine Empire's biggest headache when his coup triggered.

The next couple of updates should spice things up a bit more. v1.26 will be werewolf focused and v1.27 will likely be vampire focused, as they'll be adding a special event that can be triggered in the Intrigue section as a mini-ritual of sorts. It can be used by both players with the appropriate traits and other werewolves or vampires. So it should result in a lot more activity overall. Finally. :)

When I post the next update (most likely this weekend, but work and my health are both sucking right now, so it may be later next week), I'll also be updating the read-me on the download page with the following, which is an updated view. It's actually pretty much the same as always, but thanks to questions folks have asked, I ended up fleshing things out and figured an update to how werewolves are viewed within the Dark World mod could be helpful to folks.

Werewolves

Dark World Concept:

- There is one werewolf that all others acknowledge as their alpha. He is Fenris. Rumored to be the first werewolf and the only one who is free of the temptations of the beast

within. He starts the game in a random country. After a decade, he will make a power play to obtain control of his host country. There are a few ways to avoid it. If he starts in the player's country, he'll leave prior to making a power play, likely establishing himself somewhere nearby. If he's prevented from his initial power grab, he will attempt another one in the future.

- Werewolves tend to live on the outskirts of mankind. Most people will acknowledge they exist, yet few have ever seen one. The stories about them tend to fall into three distinct groups. Mindless killers that slaughter all in their path. Shape-shifters who hide among mankind with the intention of consuming those of purity and innocence. And those who are intelligent beings that seek to coexist among mankind.

- The stories aren't far from the truth. Most werewolves seem very human at birth. Showing minor signs of their lineage, usually wolf-like ears, enlarged canines and perhaps a small tail. As children age, they typically appear more and more beast like. This is especially true of male werewolves, while females only seem to 'fully' transform about half the time. Werewolves can speak, be reasoned with, and aren't always violent.

- Those that become the mindless killers of lore are known as ferals. They're werewolves who lost the battle with the beast that resides within. Once lost, they tend to exist only to kill, eat, and sometimes fuck (and then eat). To try and stave off the beast, werewolves partake of a typically individual ritual known as the hunt. The hunt involves them often partaking in events that bring them dangerously close to going feral, yet it appears that this is the only way to truly quiet the beast for extended periods of time.

- Non-feral werewolves are still very instinct driven creatures. They are prone to attempts at dominating another to establish superiority. Those who fall sway to this are sometimes so intimidated that they find it impossible to resist them. Even more disturbing his based on the pack mentality, a dominated person finds themselves bowing to the pressure of any others from the pack who aren't equal or below them.

- Werewolves are genetically a mess. To most, it is undeniable that werewolves somehow originated from humans, or that too much interspecies breeding has diluted their genetic code, as even in instances where a male and female werewolf has a child, there is a chance that it will never show any werewolf traits or the call of the beast in the blood, being little more than human. When a child does show its werewolf lineage, it is most often a male child. Some believe this is because whatever it is that makes up a female is more resistant, which some believe also is further proven by almost half of the female werewolves never fully taking on a full werewolf appearance. Werewolves don't help matters as when they're held by the pull of the hunt, they've been known to commit acts of incest, further damaging their genetic pool.

- Due to the shortage of female werewolves, Human women are often seen as quality breeders. Human men are sometimes seen as competition and as such are more prone to confrontations. Oddly enough, human males also appear to be a little more resistant to a werewolf's attempts of dominance or intimidation. Yet when a male falls to domination, they're known as a he-bitch or Omega Male (lowest of the pack), which places them even lower than human women who were dominated. It is said that men who find themselves being used as a he-bitch too often can begin to undergo abnormal changes, where their genitalia will shrink and their fertility will lessen, making it difficult for them to breed (and thus removing competition from the mating pool). There is even an old wives tale about a man who was dominated so much that he became a woman.

I may have pushed Fenris to do things by playing as him for a wee bit... and maybe spawning a large Army for him. Other than that he was invading all around him until he wound up turning Catholic. He conquered Half of Ireland and a wee bit of Scotland before that though.

Quick suggestion for both Fenris and Vladimir - when they take over the title they spawn in, give any vassals of that title the "Subjugated" opinion bonus. Should help prevent 90% of his vassals from immediately revolting due to cultural and religious opinion penalties (which seems to happen extremely often. My last game I had to give Fenris back his duchy 3 times)

Just been assassinated by an assassin sent by my brother, even though he has 100 opinion. Ofc he has a claim on my title(Bez Emp) but I gave him England and just pressed his claim for a the county of Chester. Next thing I know POW! dead gg bro...

Is there some form of defence to stop NPC killing in circumstances that are would seem out of character. Is warrior trained slaves a defence, if not then its would be cool if they took the blow for you.

Still loving this mod!  

Just been assassinated by an assassin sent by my brother, even though he has 100 opinion. Ofc he has a claim on my title(Bez Emp) but I gave him England and just pressed his claim for a the county of Chester. Next thing I know POW! dead gg bro...

Is there some form of defence to stop NPC killing in circumstances that are would seem out of character. Is warrior trained slaves a defence, if not then its would be cool if they took the blow for you.

Still loving this mod!

Yes. That's one of the primary uses of warrior/bodyguard slaves, to protect you from assassins. I think guard dogs can help, as well.

Still loving this mod!

Yes. That's one of the primary uses of warrior/bodyguard slaves, to protect you from assassins. I think guard dogs can help, as we

Had a feeling it would be like that. I just sold them all. That will teach me.

great mod but I have some feeling that something is missing....like good story or more options to how you use your powers  oh and I cant get on any way to turn my provinces in my religion ( dark world ) and when I try to marry some of my kin I only get people from my realm and same religion  

great mod but I have some feeling that something is missing....like good story or more options to how you use your powers  oh and I cant get on any way to turn my provinces in my religion ( dark world ) and when I try to marry some of my kin I only get people from my realm and same religion  

It's a mod in developing and he is doing it for free.

More options are planned and will come in time and I hope He will keep updating this.

It doesn't matther to me how fast the progress is because it's an amazing mod :)

Also a question to any1 that know the answer:

Where can I see what is planned for next update and what is planned for the future?

Still loving this mod!  

Yes, there are methods for reducing the odds greatly of an assassin being able to target you.

1. Slave trained as a warrior, made into a body guard after branding and you elect to keep them.

2. Purchase a guard dog from the exotic emporium via the Go Shopping item once you've built one.

It's a mod in developing and he is doing it for free.

More options are planned and will come in time and I hope He will keep updating this.

It doesn't matther to me how fast the progress is because it's an amazing mod :)

Also a question to any1 that know the answer:

Where can I see what is planned for next update and what is planned for the future?

Several pages back I posted what my list of priorities were that I'm working on. I've added it to the read me file, with the most recent update too, so you can get an idea there.

Short term, the next three releases will each add some content specific to some of the new starting options.

v1.26 will include a "Go Hunting" decision under the Intrigue menu that should provide variety for all werewolves, and the player.

v1.27 will include a similar decision for vampires.

v1.28 will include incubus specific updates, as well as some other succubus content possibly, since they will cross over in many areas.

There may be other additions squeezed in there, but the three things above are the 'cut and release' content points for when I'll be packaging and publishing content.

You convert your provinces the usual way, by using your court chaplain. Having higher religious authority helps make this faster, as does a higher learning stat for your chaplain. One way to speed things along, too, is put vassals in charge of counties, ideally one per county, so they're working to convert their counties too. Also, reducing the religious authority of the religion you're trying to convert people away from doesn't hurt either (so take their holy sites if you can).

Religious authority can be increased a number of ways, but the easiest is to capture 2 holy sites and then create the Kingdom level title, the Chosen One, which makes you the official head of the religion, meaning your piety/etc gets counted. I was able to easily hit 100% authority with a long-lived character.

As for only your realm and religion - yes, this is the way CK2 works. Nobody will intermarry outside their religious group. Basically, they think you're a bunch of demon worshippers. However, it's possible to get other realms that have the same religion without being part of yours, such as:

1) Sending your chaplain to convert pagan rulers

2) Members of your faith raising adventurer armies and invading other realms

3) Marriage and conversion shenanigans, such as marrying while one religion, then converting*

*Someone else here on this thread inspired me to use this tactic in a Charlemagne start. Begin as a female catholic ruler in the British isles, marry Charlemagne right away. Rush through the events, convert to Lilithian as soon as possible. Insist on educating as many of the children as you can, and get them to convert. These children will be of his dynasty, not yours, so make sure and change your inheritance laws to ultimogeniture, so that after he dies, you can have a proper heir of your own dynasty (ideally with your incubus courtier). Basically this 'infects' the Frankish empire with your religion, and when those heirs gain power, they'll convert their lands, and vassals (or try to).

*Someone else here on this thread inspired me to use this tactic in a Charlemagne start. Begin as a female catholic ruler in the British isles, marry Charlemagne right away. Rush through the events, convert to Lilithian as soon as possible. Insist on educating as many of the children as you can, and get them to convert. These children will be of his dynasty, not yours, so make sure and change your inheritance laws to ultimogeniture, so that after he dies, you can have a proper heir of your own dynasty (ideally with your incubus courtier). Basically this 'infects' the Frankish empire with your religion, and when those heirs gain power, they'll convert their lands, and vassals (or try to).

Something else that proved to be a very fun game was to start a new game as Charlemagne and immediately save, then add female=yes to your entry in the save file and load it back up.  Of course some of the events were still geared to the male pronouns, but I was too lazy to want to change them.

Before you get any funny ideas. I like the mod.
Does this mod really need fairy play at this point? i think it has bigger issues, like werewolves and vampires still being unimplemented. Yes, they are playable, but there is nothing to it besides a trait. At this point, playing a vampire is non-beneficial, as all you get is dead children for a miserable buff, thats it. No flavor RP events, no special intrigue actions, no special diplomatic actions. Same goes for werewolf, except less dead children. What does fairy play bring to the table? An expensive +1 stewardship buff for.....emmm...cumming on a fairy or watching her rape a flower. That doesnt really bring anything new to the mod. 

Id love to see more vampire stuff as well, and the author has said its coming, just be patient or write yer own mod man ;)

minor request... could we get a decision similar to visit whore but for banging wife and/or concubines? That way we'd at least have a decent chance of knocking them up instead of everyone for 3 counties

Before you get any funny ideas. I like the mod.

Does this mod really need fairy play at this point? i think it has bigger issues, like werewolves and vampires still being unimplemented. Yes, they are playable, but there is nothing to it besides a trait. At this point, playing a vampire is non-beneficial, as all you get is dead children for a miserable buff, thats it. No flavor RP events, no special intrigue actions, no special diplomatic actions. Same goes for werewolf, except less dead children. What does fairy play bring to the table? An expensive +1 stewardship buff for.....emmm...cumming on a fairy or watching her rape a flower. That doesnt really bring anything new to the mod.

Probably the simplest answer would be "fairy play brings something for the people that find it interesting, and if you don't, you don't have to buy one in game."

Dewguru has already said that he's going to add more stuff for werewolves and vampires. They're not fully fleshed out at present.

Id love to see more vampire stuff as well, and the author has said its coming, just be patient or write yer own mod man ;)

minor request... could we get a decision similar to visit whore but for banging wife and/or concubines? That way we'd at least have a decent chance of knocking them up instead of everyone for 3 counties

Can you remind me about this in a few releases? It seems reasonable and I've thought more than once how enjoying my spouse could use a nice little trigger of some kind.

Can you remind me about this in a few releases? It seems reasonable and I've thought more than once how enjoying my spouse could use a nice little trigger of some kind.

I agree that this is a great idea. I've never liked that getting your wife pregnant was left up to chance and that the NPCs had better luck getting your wife pregnant then you did.

Dewguru said he isn't going to mess with the vanilla Way of Life stuff, but for those who are interested, there are other mods that do, such as ones to turn off AI choosing Seduction focus entirely, or (my preference) limiting AI such that only AI characters that have the lustful trait or the like can choose it, so that you don't wind up with ridiculous numbers of seducers all over the place.

Those should be fully compatible with Dark World (or so I'd think, haven't run into any problems yet) since they don't touch the same things.

Dewguru said he isn't going to mess with the vanilla Way of Life stuff, but for those who are interested, there are other mods that do, such as ones to turn off AI choosing Seduction focus entirely, or (my preference) limiting AI such that only AI characters that have the lustful trait or the like can choose it, so that you don't wind up with ridiculous numbers of seducers all over the place.

Those should be fully compatible with Dark World (or so I'd think, haven't run into any problems yet) since they don't touch the same things.

Eh, it's not particularly hard to remove the option of a focus from the AI, from what I've found, well here is the quote

If you want the Ai to stop using it, it's pretty simple. Go in Crusader Kings II\Common\objectives, then find the text file called 00_focus. Then find focus_seduction, then under it # AI Pick chance, and then put factor to 0.

quick, easy and simply to repair with steam sorting it out if asked

Archived