[mod] [CK2] Dark World

dewguru

How do you become an ''elder vampire'' or what the 2nd stage is called? I chose the Vampire start and just curious, does it happen at random and give you an event chain that can make you one? Or are certain triggers required?

I think, thats one of the things not implemented in the mod now which will be in the future.

Vampires have only a few of the planned features at the moment.

There is an eventchain which leads to elder werewolf, sucking (or eating or whatever a werewolf does)

out the lifeforce of Bella the Huntress

after she tried to hunt you and you win this fight.

But that works only for werewolfs at the moment.

If one of the other hunters hunts you, you die (if i read the eventfiles correctly).

Hello!

I've been enjoying the mod, after being surprised to find it, and had a thought.

Looking through the 'planned features' I've not seen what prompts the lycans and vamps to fight each other.

I ended up playing a game as a Zoroastrian alpha bitch, kidnapped and enslaved Fenris and then did likewise for Vlad after both had a terrible string of luck. I had the pair chilling in my court and there seemed no problem what so ever over two generations. Perhaps there should be a lycan or vamp religion that causes them to disagree or, quite likely, I didn't notice the events related to their conflict.

Also, when the character that actually enslaves another dies the brand vanishes but not the 'training'.

or (my preference) limiting AI such that only AI characters that have the lustful trait or the like can choose it, so that you don't wind up with ridiculous numbers of seducers all over the place.

Frankly in my experience that doesn't really help that much, since the core problem with Seduction is the absurdly high success rates. The AI is virtually guaranteed to eventually get any ass it sets its sights on. And it sets its sights on all the ass.

or (my preference) limiting AI such that only AI characters that have the lustful trait or the like can choose it, so that you don't wind up with ridiculous numbers of seducers all over the place.

Frankly in my experience that doesn't really help that much, since the core problem with Seduction is the absurdly high success rates. The AI is virtually guaranteed to eventually get any ass it sets its sights on. And it sets its sights on all the ass.

And that's why you murder them. But it's too many people to kill, normally, especially in a large realm, but it makes for a more even game if there's only a fraction of that.

Swiggity swooty, they're coming for that booty.

This might be a bit off topic, but as of yesterday I can't open up ck2 anymore. It said I was missing two .dlls, and when i installed them it said that ck2.exe couldn't run because of some (0xc000007b) issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Backup your mods just to be safe before doing this, but go into Steam, right-click Crusader Kings II in your Steam library, go to properties, then the local files tab, then do verify integrity of cache. This will revert your installation to more of a default setup, re-adding any files the game appears to be missing.

can restrict whore traits to lowborns only?? my unmarried daughter have whore trait

I'm not seeing the problem, lol.

Between work and being sick this week, it's looking like next weekend for the next update.

A note about the next update. The big part of the update is the werewolves struggle with the beast inside them. Over time, the beast desires action. Using the 'Going on a Hunt' action is where you seek to subdue the beast inside by partially feeding it's need (to kill, fuck, or wander). A challenge though is when a werewolf gives in, say to choosing to kill, the beast drives them towards a general target (beast, human, vampire). From there, the werewolf MIGHT be able to adjust their prey (innocent farmer or some bandits).

There are stages in losing to the beast. Once lost, the werewolf goes feral. If it's a ruler, they abdicate their position and leave to be a burden on another realm. They take a huge learning and diplomacy hit since communication isn't their thing and they have a general opinion modifier of -100, so the feral should be easy pickings for plots (which is ideal, as when a feral is known, they're hunted).

So, my recommendation if you play a werewolf ruler, ensure that you've someone from your bloodline in place as the heir.

Just as a little side story

In my current game, Vladimir took over the arabic empire, that will get interesting when he rules that monsterstate for a few centuries.

Usually the caliphate breaks apart short after the game start, but until now, it is stable in my game (not really far into the game but we will see).

At one point I had my game modified so a succubus could have unlimited simultaneous pregnancies.  She then ended up a werewolf bitch in a realm with a lot of werewolves.  She was having children nearly every month, which fits nicely with some of the succubus lore I found back in the early 90's when I was writing my own succubus stories.

Would you mind sharing how you accomplished that?

I had this 'feature' in early builds of Dark World by accident. All you'd have to do is in events that have pregnancy checks, just remove the is_pregnant = yes from killing it. And if you want only succubus to have it, alter the pregnancy checks in the DWCore file to have

if = {

limit = {

NOT = { trait = lilith }

is_pregnant = yes

}

blah blah blah

break = yes

}

That should kick out of the check for non-succubi who are pregnant, allowing an already succubi to process the potential pregnancy as normal.

There's another check in a core WOL event file you'd want to look into as well. even 30 or 70 or something like that.

So I finally got around to trying to implement this.

For starters, I just want to try adding it for werewolves.

Do I need to add this for every is_pregnant check in all the game?

I added

if = { # If pregnant we terminate the pregnancy check in order to avoid a double pregnancy.
            limit = {
                NOT = { trait = werewolf }
                NOT = { trait = werewolf_elder }
                NOT = { trait = werewolf_ancient }
                is_pregnant = yes
            }
            ROOT = { character_event = { id = DWCore.9100 }} # Check to remove Virgin trait
            FROM = { character_event = { id = DWCore.9100 }} # Check to remove Virgin trait
            break = yes

}

to DWCore.txt. Would that work with the multiple trait checks?

Where do I find the shopping command. I've built the Emporium but no idea how to use it.

In the intrigue tab there wil be a decision called "Go shopping".

Anyway, great mod! @Dewguru I sent you before a PM with some feedback because I couldn't reply here. 

I have another sort of bug report:

You can get building related events (e.g. brothel events) after you have started the construction but before it's finished. I don't know wether it's intended, nor what code you use (I have to look at your events further) but this seems not WAD. (I suspect it might be that a trigger is not working as intended by the developers, and it should be reported). I'll investigate further and report back.

Anyways, as I said in the PM, great mod, and i lookin forward to the next versions!

2 Q's

1. Vampire populations overall seem very to extremely low in all of my playthroughs. WIll this complicate the below?

2. Would _elder and _ancient get some additional blocks for the below? Since Fenris/Vlad don't do much (unless "manually helped"), this could get them assassinated in a hurry.

Between work and being sick this week, it's looking like next weekend for the next update.

A note about the next update. The big part of the update is the werewolves struggle with the beast inside them. Over time, the beast desires action. Using the 'Going on a Hunt' action is where you seek to subdue the beast inside by partially feeding it's need (to kill, fuck, or wander). A challenge though is when a werewolf gives in, say to choosing to kill, the beast drives them towards a general target (beast, human, vampire). From there, the werewolf MIGHT be able to adjust their prey (innocent farmer or some bandits).

There are stages in losing to the beast. Once lost, the werewolf goes feral. If it's a ruler, they abdicate their position and leave to be a burden on another realm. They take a huge learning and diplomacy hit since communication isn't their thing and they have a general opinion modifier of -100, so the feral should be easy pickings for plots (which is ideal, as when a feral is known, they're hunted).

So, my recommendation if you play a werewolf ruler, ensure that you've someone from your bloodline in place as the heir.

Hi there, having an issue with the lilithian way,

I've got lilithian Religion and succubus trait but cannot hold the Blood Moon Celebration any more since I dl the last Version of the mod

The one thing I'd check regarding that is how many vassals you have.  You need a certain minimum number to hold a Blood Moon Ceremony -- I think it's at least two.  One time, I started up as a Tribal ruler with no vassals, and only too late realized I couldn't do it.

Also, if you're using an older saved game with a new version of the mod, that can sometimes break things.  If you started out with an earlier version of the mod then upgraded but kept on using the same save, things aren't guaranteed to work right.

If it's neither of those things, it's probably a bug.  In that case, Dewguru might want more details to help fix it, but I'll let him ask about that.

I've got lilithian Religion and succubus trait but cannot hold the Blood Moon Celebration any more since I dl the last Version of the mod

The one thing I'd check regarding that is how many vassals you have.  You need a certain minimum number to hold a Blood Moon Ceremony -- I think it's at least two.  One time, I started up as a Tribal ruler with no vassals, and only too late realized I couldn't do it.

Also, if you're using an older saved game with a new version of the mod, that can sometimes break things.  If you started out with an earlier version of the mod then upgraded but kept on using the same save, things aren't guaranteed to work right.

If it's neither of those things, it's probably a bug.  In that case, Dewguru might want more details to help fix it, but I'll let him ask about that.

Also, you can't hold one while you're at war.

Also, you can't hold one while you're at war.

Thank you both very much

So before I got any DLC, the special portraits for Harley etc, worked. After I followed the workaround and deleted the portraits. I just recently got the required DLC and reinstalled the mod but the special portraits still aren't working. Any ideas?

Ensure you're not using a user mod that takes advantage of similar portrait resources. When in doubt, disable every user mod, other than DW, and retest. Ensure you're not using an older save. When in doubt, start a new save. It wouldn't hurt to also entirely delete DW from your mods section, then reinstall DW with the latest update to ensure you moved everything over without inheriting any loose files from previous versions.

Thanks for this great mod, dewguru! I've been enjoying it for a while now.
I know this was reported before but I haven't seen the solution. I'm getting random male futas being born and they are all homosexual for some reason. Every single one of them. Is this a feature now? Was there a solution to this and I missed it in the thread? What can I do to fix this? It's not game breaking but annoys me from time to time.

Thanks for this great mod, dewguru! I've been enjoying it for a while now.

I know this was reported before but I haven't seen the solution. I'm getting random male futas being born and they are all homosexual for some reason. Every single one of them. Is this a feature now? Was there a solution to this and I missed it in the thread? What can I do to fix this? It's not game breaking but annoys me from time to time.

This should have been corrected in v1.25. It was broke in 1.24, possibly in 1.23 as well.

Archived